*awkwardly waves* Hi I'm New Here :-)

Hello! Wanted to take a minute to introduce myself. 32 yo mom, wife, nurse, and 9-5er... and of course, a self-proclaimed nerd.

I Recently got a swift kick of some much-needed motivation to get moving and get stronger... so here I am.

A little about myself... 

I've spent the last decade-and-some-change doing "stuff"... nursing school, wedding, master's degree, house (x2), baby, work, work, work, raising tiny human... the general hustle. My "stuff" kept me incredibly busy and made me generally a slug when it came to taking care of my body. When I was younger I danced, and I started up again about 2 years ago when my daughter started her first pre-k dance class. I absolutely love to dance, and I started realizing it was what I needed to care about my general wellness, but I wasn't feeling very strong so I wasn't keeping up. Plus, I was seeing my general sloth-y-ness rub off on my daughter... which I never wanted to happen. I needed a change. 

My husband and I jumped in feet first and joined the gym at the beginning of January and I'm totally hooked. I feel good, I'm sleeping better, I'm in a better mood. My daughter wants to MOVE. It's amazing. 

I've been focusing mostly on group fitness classes (muscle conditioning and PIYO type classes), but I'm hoping to gain more confidence to venture off on my own. I've never been a "gym person"... so this will be a big step for me. 

So... hi! I'm hoping this community will give me a place to share my wins and struggles and gain some accountability with a fun and exciting twist. 

Thanks for reading and I hope to see you around! 

• Like 3

Hey!  Welcome on board.  There is a new 4-week challenge starting on Monday (a week today) that you might be interested in joining.  It’s a great tool for keeping you on track and motivated. ;) 

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously