• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

adc7e2f1im211.jpg

“Let’s start from the beginning, one last time...”

Have you guys seen Into the Spider-Verse? Cos if you haven’t, how dare you. It’s the best animated movie I’ve seen in a hot minute. And so, it’s the theme of this challenge! I was on a bit of a Spider-Man kick before, but then I saw the movie and, well. Here we are. ;) I’ll do my best to post movie references and inspirational quotes without accidentally spoiling anything. And I’ll post other Spider-Man stuff too, not just from ItSV.

Spider-Man (plus a dose of Assassin’s Creed) has hardcore reignited my desire to be strong and nimble and do parkour and stuff. So, to try and work toward this strong, nimble future-self, I will do 3 workouts per week. That’s only twelve times! I can do twelve times.

Since I wanna focus on strength, control, and flexibility, I’m thinking body weight circuits or a tough yoga practice (like NF Fire A or something) or balance practice; but I’m not gonna tie myself to any specific activity lest I get bored of it. I found a few Neila Rey workouts that are along the lines of what I want (including some Spider-Man themed ones!) that I’ll post below. I’ll have to modify a few of the movements to make sure they’re quiet, since I have downstairs neighbors, but I think they look pretty good.

Spoiler

36242ce2a4df23f38538e7b44a7898da.jpg

343f9ba7f9b56e59fa35ba64448da15d.jpg

34aab41557d9e3cdc8f3f62c4a1e163d.jpg

b3b4bc3813ed4479abcb3a23079b5c9d.jpg

b98baf7294cd254de024ee31729063bc.jpg

ADDITIONALLY: my uni’s rec center has a climbing wall. And I live, like, a less than five minute walk away. So during this challenge, I have to go try the climbing wall at least once. What could be more perfect for Spider-Man training than a climbing wall?? 

If I can manage 10/12 workouts, then I will buy myself this Nifty Spider-Shirt as a reward!

I never thought I’d be able to do any of this stuff. But I can. Anyone can wear the mask. You can wear the mask. If you didn’t know that before, I hope you do now.”

Love, your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man <3

• Like 6

9 hours ago, Salinger said:

Looking forward to seeing your goals :) x

I look forward to... actually writing them down xD

3 hours ago, Miaulin said:

Spider-Shadri! Spider-Shadri! Does whatever a Spider-Shadri do!

CAN SHE SWING

FROM A WEB

*thud*

...NO SHE CAN’T

3 hours ago, shaar said:

*hangs out and waits AHAHAHA get it HANGS out sorry i'll see myself out*

spiderman1_dff9086814.jpg

(rip stan lee we love you)

39c4fd9a9ec5fefd51d105cb022e5b85.jpg

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSf2E_HMOmDXW7kdFbVjnT

1 hour ago, TheGreyJedi-Ranger said:

Following!! <3

Hi!! <3

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Gooooooals are poooostedddddd~

tl;dr strength flexibility control -> bodyweight yoga rock climbing

<3 love, your friendly neighborhood spider-man

3 hours ago, Salinger said:

Cool goals!!! I also want to try out a climbing wall....but i cant really afford it at the moment...ill try to save up a little xx

Heck yeah! It sounds so fun. I hope you can find an affordable place to climb. :) 

• Like 1

So. Today after my classes I was stressed and antsy. So I decided to go check out the climbing wall. And it is so fun????? I didn’t have enough arm strength to even make it to the top of one of the easy routes. But I TRIED! A couple times! And I also tried out one of the easier boulder problems. And my arms are deader than dead now. And I’m definitely going back. 

Also, I don’t remember the last time I was stressed and thought “let’s go exercise”. So that’s neat. Usually I wanna eat food and sleep lol. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Shadri said:

So. Today after my classes I was stressed and antsy. So I decided to go check out the climbing wall. And it is so fun????? I didn’t have enough arm strength to even make it to the top of one of the easy routes. But I TRIED! A couple times! And I also tried out one of the easier boulder problems. And my arms are deader than dead now. And I’m definitely going back. 

Also, I don’t remember the last time I was stressed and thought “let’s go exercise”. So that’s neat. Usually I wanna eat food and sleep lol. 

Be sure to let your arms recover before you go back to that wall, and good for you for treating stress with exercise!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Shadri said:

BRILLIANT Shadri, go you!!! Really, thats such a massive win :D x

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Be sure to let your arms recover before you go back to that wall, and good for you for treating stress with exercise!

Oh yeah, I won’t go back right away. I was thinking of going again maybe Friday or Saturday, depending on how soon I feel up for it. But the DOMs are HERE so I’ll definitely be taking it easy for a couple days! I hope I can continue to use exercise to help with stress, too. It’s a pretty good coping mechanism I’d say. 

10 hours ago, Salinger said:

BRILLIANT Shadri, go you!!! Really, thats such a massive win :D x

:D thank you!! I’m pretty pleased ^_^ hopefully I can keep it up!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Shadri said:

I hope I can continue to use exercise to help with stress, too. It’s a pretty good coping mechanism I’d say. 

Also helps with depression......

44 minutes ago, Rinna said:

Also helps with depression......

Yes, so I’ve heard. Maybe now that I’m feeling humanoid again, I’ll have the energy to actually make it a habit. :)

Incidentally I read that rock climbing may be particularly good for mental illnesses/brain trauma/etc. because it engages your body and mind all at once! Climbing walls are one big puzzle - where do I put my hand next? Hasn’t been studied yet I think, but anecdotal evidence is there. 

• Like 1

Swinging into the weekend like

Spider-Man-Into-the-Spider-Verse-2018-sp

(not the graceful one on the left; the flailing one on the right.)

It has been haaaard to get into the groove this semester guys!! My classes are hard. Hard hard hard. And I still haven’t caught up on housework. At least I don’t have to deal with feeling horrendously depressed on top of all of it like last semester.

I’m gonna go rock climbing again today, this time with a friend! One of my classmates said she’d go with me, so that should be fun.

I’m legit so excited to go back and try it again. I hope it’s something I continue to enjoy. :) 

• Like 3

Rock climbing adventure #2! My classmate didn’t stay for very long, but that’s okay. I ended up spending most of my time at the bouldering wall, since there were a multitude of people waiting for the tall wall. Made some friendly chatter with a couple guys who were also bouldering, and they helped me out on a couple problems. Things I learned: 

- I need to get some chalk

- I need to remember when family hours at the rock wall are and not go then. so many tiny people. It made it hard to boulder properly cos they were scrambling all over the wall willy-nilly. Adorable, but inconvenient. :P

Today I also got a little bit of kitchen cleaning done, and also knocked out half of my lab grading. Cool beans. :) 

ROCK CLIMBING looks so fun!!! Chalk for grip for sure, sweaty hands are no bueno!

Oh man kidlets, SCUSE ME PARDON ME ACK~

• Like 1

2 hours ago, shaar said:

ROCK CLIMBING looks so fun!!! Chalk for grip for sure, sweaty hands are no bueno!

Oh man kidlets, SCUSE ME PARDON ME ACK~

Yes!!! It is so fun!!! It’s the first time in a while I’ve been LEGIT EXCITED to go back to the gym lol. I ordered some chalk, it’ll be here Wednesday. :panda: 

s o    m a n y 

:..:..:..:..:

I think I caught a cold T-T all I wanna do is sleep but I have so much to do... and of course my muscles are already achy from climbing so I don’t have that handy indicator to tell if it’s the flu or not. *sigh*