• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

On 2/3/2019 at 7:14 PM, Shadri said:

Have you guys seen Into the Spider-Verse? Cos if you haven’t, how dare you. It’s the best animated movie I’ve seen in a hot minute.

I was surprised by how much I enjoyed it. It was really good

7 hours ago, Shadri said:

Yes!!! It is so fun!!! It’s the first time in a while I’ve been LEGIT EXCITED to go back to the gym lol. I ordered some chalk, it’ll be here Wednesday. :panda:

It's so awesome when you find an exercise that excites you. They always say find an exercise that you genuinely enjoy, I hope climbing is that for you

• Like 1

On 2/10/2019 at 8:49 PM, Maigs said:

I was surprised by how much I enjoyed it. It was really good

I already figured I’d like it, since I like Spider-Man and I like animated films. What surprised me is the extent to which my soul went “!!!”

On 2/10/2019 at 8:49 PM, Maigs said:

It's so awesome when you find an exercise that excites you. They always say find an exercise that you genuinely enjoy, I hope climbing is that for you

I hope so too! So far it is.

I have this theory  that I just came up with like five minutes ago that your preferred exercise is related to things you enjoy in other areas? Like, rock climbing is like a puzzle, and that’s my favorite thing about math/physics: it’s like solving a puzzle but with numbers. Rock climbing is solving a puzzle with my body. 

~~~~~

My chalk came in the mailllll! As well as one of those awkard little chalk bags that hang over your butt. I’m so excited to go try climbing with chalked hands. Tomorrow night! 7 pm! Same Spider-Time, same Spider-Channel! That’s when family time ends so hopefully all the tiny ones should have cleared out and I can have some real dedicated climbing time :]

EXCITE

<3 your friendly neighborhood spider-man

tenor.gif

• Like 4

Since I’m female, would I be... Spider-Ma’am?

this has been “bad puns that pop into my head when I should be sleeping” thanks for tuning in 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, Shadri said:

Since I’m female, would I be... Spider-Ma’am?

this has been “bad puns that pop into my head when I should be sleeping” thanks for tuning in 

Oh no you didn't

OH YES YOU DID

YOU WENT THERE AND I LOVE IT

• Like 4

5 hours ago, shaar said:

Oh no you didn't

OH YES YOU DID

YOU WENT THERE AND I LOVE IT

NO REGERTS

tenor.gif?itemid=12090514

5 hours ago, Salinger said:

yeahhhhhhh enjoy the climbing spiderma'am!!!!! xx

Thaaaaanks :D

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

You are now :) 

... !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tenor.gif

That’s amazing!!! Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I’m simultaneously so pleased and also laughing my ass off xD Spider-Ma’am... that would be the thing that ended up as my nickname, wouldn’t it. xD I’m such a dork irl, it’s perfect,,,,

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Workout 1/12 complete! My arms are dead. By the end I could barely  untie the rope from my harness cos my hands were so weak. They still are pretty weak. The chalk was great, my grip felt a lot more... grippy haha. I only slipped if I didn’t have a secure grip in the first place, or at the end when my hands were so tired I couldn’t grip anymore anyway.

Planning to go again Friday, depending on how much work I have to do (I’m an exam grader for one class and they have an exam tomorrow and idk what the grading process is like for classes as big as this). If I can’t, then I’ll slip some yoga in somewhere. In general I wanna try and go climbing M,W,F evenings.

• Like 4

Spider

MA’AM

aHR0cDovL3d3dy5uZXdzYXJhbWEuY29tL2ltYWdl

No rock climbing today. Too much to do. Ugh. Can’t wait till I’m done with my core classes...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Holy smokes y’all. It took me... probably between 9 and 10 hours to grade exams yesterday. Even though I only had to grade two problems, and the other graders took care of the rest, there were ~280 exams... and my brain has been running slow as of late, so. Between grading and taking breaks to, you know, eat and rest my eyeballs and stuff, I was in that one room for 12.5 hours. Ay yi yi. But it’s done now, and hopefully the prof doesn’t think I need to redo anything. Cos I have a lot of my own s4!7 to do now.

Today my goal is: finish lab grading (ah yes, more grading, delightful), do SOME dishes, START my quantum homework, and START studying for my classical mechanics exam. I make the mistake too often of trying to do everything in one sitting. (With the exams it’s practical to do it all at once, simply for organizational reasons.) 

If I can get a satisfactory amount done, I am going climbing tonight. Gotta work out some of this stress. 

A GOOD THING: In the last month, I’ve lost half an inch or more on almost all my measurements! :) 

8073--spider-verse-20---spider-maam-by-b

• Like 3

280 exams holy heck

D:

THAT IS A LOT!!!  Glad you survived!  And WOO MEASUREMENTS HECK Y E S ~

On 2/18/2019 at 8:49 AM, shaar said:

280 exams holy heck

D:

THAT IS A LOT!!!  Glad you survived!  And WOO MEASUREMENTS HECK Y E S ~

It was a lot!!!

HECK YES I’ve also lost a pound or so since January! Woo

~~~~~

WHEW sorry for the silence my friends. The past week was just. So busy?? But hopefully things will calm down soon. I haven’t been climbing again yet, so my workout total still stands at 1/12. Bummer. But we just finished week two, right? So there’s time to get back on track (and hopefully earn my Spider-Man shirt).

• Like 3

I... still haven’t worked out

I want to

I'm just so tired. I’ve been trying to recoup from the craziness that was last week. But! I WILL DO SOMETHING TOMORROW

ON MY HONOR

I GIVE YOU GUYS PERMISSION TO YELL (good naturedly) AT ME IF I DON’T

972973.gif

• Like 3

HI I HOPE YOU HAVE DONE THE FITNESS TODAY BECAUSE I DONT WANT TO YELL AT YOU GOOD NATUREDLY BUT I WILL IF PUSH COMES TO SHOVE YOU KNOW

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

IT HAS BEEN 22 HOURS I REALLY HOPE YOU WORKED OUT BECAUSE YOU ARE AWESOME AND DESERVE THE BEST FOR YOURESELF AND THE BEST IS THAT YOU WORK OUT AND I THINK YOU ARE GREAT WHETHER OR NOT YOU GOT THAT WORKOUT IN YET BECAUSE YOU ARE AWESOME WHICH IS AN INDEPENDENT VARIABLE FROM WHETHER OR NOT YOU WORKED OUT HOW IS THIS FOR YELLING AT YOU

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, shaar said:

HI I HOPE YOU HAVE DONE THE FITNESS TODAY BECAUSE I DONT WANT TO YELL AT YOU GOOD NATUREDLY BUT I WILL IF PUSH COMES TO SHOVE YOU KNOW

THANK YOU FOR YOUR WILLINGNESS TO YELL AT ME IF NECESSARY

3 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

IT HAS BEEN 22 HOURS I REALLY HOPE YOU WORKED OUT BECAUSE YOU ARE AWESOME AND DESERVE THE BEST FOR YOURESELF AND THE BEST IS THAT YOU WORK OUT AND I THINK YOU ARE GREAT WHETHER OR NOT YOU GOT THAT WORKOUT IN YET BECAUSE YOU ARE AWESOME WHICH IS AN INDEPENDENT VARIABLE FROM WHETHER OR NOT YOU WORKED OUT HOW IS THIS FOR YELLING AT YOU

THANK YOU TANK I APPRECIATE YOUR KIND WORDS 

>>>——————————>

I DID SOMEWHERE BETWEEN 15-20 MINUTES OF YOGA, HECK YEAH, DID THE THING, [2/12]

I did just your generic flow with the downs-dog and warriors and whatnot; and then I did it again but

r e a l l y   s l o w l y

and man that was hard!! Made my arms and legs shaky. I need to do stuff like this more often so I can get my strength back. 

• Like 3

Some of my classmates are forming an intramural softball team and I decided to join! :3

Also, I’m gonna do yoga again tonight I’m GONNA

• Like 4

19 hours ago, Shadri said:

I’m gonna do yoga again tonight I’m GONNA

... I didn’t :/ had more going on last night than I realized. *sigh* 

19 minutes ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

DON'T BEAT YOURSELF UP OK, THAT WON'T HELP AT ALL YOU ARE STILL AWESOME

THANK YOU I’M NOT BEATING MYSELF UP ABOUT IT I’M JUST BUMMED THAT MY SCHEDULE INTERFERED BUT I’VE STILL DONE MORE LATELY THAN I HAVE IN A WHILE AND I’M HAPPY ABOUT THAT BECAUSE LITTLE STEPS ARE STILL STEPS :panda:

• Like 2

On ‎2‎/‎28‎/‎2019 at 12:03 PM, Shadri said:

Some of my classmates are forming an intramural softball team and I decided to join! :3

Ooooh softball! *Bats you a self-shaking Pom Pom*

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Miaulin said:

Ooooh softball! *Bats you a self-shaking Pom Pom*

Ya, I am excite!

ZtLCKnHQAkMqXNAqWSNbmGHPzewPYXTrjQS_4hfR

<3<3<3

• Like 1

Heyoo Shadri given the Into the Spider-Verse theme - man i haven't even seen it yet but from the hype alone i already love Miles, he seems like such a charming character, and everyone's positive reactions have me intrigued!

How you doing, Spider-Ma'am? 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Miaulin said:

Heyoo Shadri given the Into the Spider-Verse theme - man i haven't even seen it yet but from the hype alone i already love Miles, he seems like such a charming character, and everyone's positive reactions have me intrigued!

How you doing, Spider-Ma'am? 

Yeeeesssss Miles Morales is an absolute sweetheart <3<3<3 I’m particularly fond of Peter B Parker cos he... he just gets me, hahah. You should DEFINITELY see it when you have the chance!!! IT’S WORTH THE HYPE 

Well, I am alive xD I’ve not been keeping a good sleep schedule lately so I’ve been insanely tired. Which of course throws off everything else. 

I walked a lot yesterday! Between 3 and 3.5 miles. My friend was having a party and I didn’t wanna have to worry about driving afterward. So maybe the walking was negated by the drinks, but hey I didn’t have to walk. So I’m counting it towards my goal. 3/12! I didn’t have much to drink anyhow.

• Like 2