• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Bean Sidhe

Bean Sidhe vs Chaos _ I WANT TO BELIEVE

So I was wrong. Today did not go as well as I had hoped. Mostly, people don't know how to run on time.

Replies are going to be tomorrow. And I think updates are going to be too.

But the spoiler is, I got all my boxes all 3 days. And with not working Friday, I managed to get an all time high score for my boxes with 54 pts for the day. It was nice not working. I also updated my spreadsheet to keep track of the highest point total and show me which day that was. Sat was a total of 47 and Sunday 43.

Sat and Sunday were mostly homework with some family drama with the extended family. I really really don't want to end up like that. They are so out of shape, they couldn't get up (and its not an old thing). Also found out, SUPER overweight cousin (who is a complete waste of space) dislocated his knee. So now, I have visions of me being there. Doesn't help I am being told I already am, but whatever. Also told a few other things about how "homework shouldn't be this hard" and I was "Making a big deal out of nothing." and I should "be doing more for my family" 

So yeah, Challenge wise I did good, homework was okay. But I have some new things I need to process.

Bean, congratulations for sticking with the challenge and getting an all time super score!!
I don't know your family, but those snarky remarks make me think of people who feel bad for themselves and want to bring you down with their emotional status.
I wish them to start loving themselves so they let you be amazing!

Sent from my FIG-LX1 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

So after a night of sleep, it seems my bad mood continues.

I am not motivated today, and I have the day watching Agents and their friends. I wish I could be all "lets do things" but I have been puttering around without a real "start".

Yesterday went okay. I fully admit, I was in a horrible mood last night. I am trying so many things and I don't feel like I am doing any of them well enough., Yes, there are reasons here that I am not going into, but that is life. I mean I am trying to be healthier and I don't see the progress. But that has always been my battle when I don't see changes in the scale or things.

I think I covered the weekend pretty well last night.

Only thing I didn't add was daily totals

Friday

Strength - 7 out of 4

Flexibility - 11 out of 6

Life and chaos -   13 out of 10

Fight Chaos - Clean-   5 out of 4

Fight Chaos Purge-   5 out of 4

Walking -   2 out of 2

Fuel  -  12  out of 8

Total 54 out of 38

Saturday

Strength - 6 out of 4

Flexibility - 6 out of 6

Life and chaos -   12 out of 10

Fight Chaos Purge-   7 out of 4

Walking -   2 out of 2

Fuel  -  12  out of 8

Total 47 out of 38

Sunday

Strength - 5 out of 4

Flexibility - 6 out of 6

Fight Chaos - Clean-   4 out of 4

Fight Chaos Purge-   4 out of 4

Walking -   2 out of 2

Fuel  -  10  out of 8

Total 43 out of 38

For Monday, I did okay. I got some homework done, and the new weeks worth of work is a bit more stressful. I got 48 out of 38 points. Partially due to a weird day and partially due to the funk I fell into. I would love to say I am doing great and I see progress, but instead I am doing a "I am doing okay and I still don't see or feel any different. I am still tired and worn down. I am still overwhelmed and I am starting to get disheartened with the internship thing. Now granted, I haven't gotten a ton of rejection letters, but I also haven't gotten any positive feedback. Its just all sitting out there.

And part of the weird was MIL being here. The comments "Finding an internship shouldn't be that hard" and "what do you mean you don't know what other food your doing at the party on sunday. How many people are coming, How much food do I bring" Sorry, no one is RSVPing and I haven't had time to look. Just feeling like I am not doing great here and what I am doing isn't showing any progress so why bother.

Strength - 5 out of 4

Flexibility - 6 out of 6

Fight Chaos Purge-   5 out of 4

Walking -   2 out of 2

Fuel  -  12  out of 8

Total 48 out of 38

Anyway, I am done whining now. Hope everyone is having a better day.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Butternut said:

Maybe you are being told that, but man, you get to see what the longevity of living that way can do to you.

The greatest thing our body can do is heal itself and it can do it quick.  Now it may take 1-2 years to get to where you want to go, but think about that for a minute..  Of all the years you've been unhealthy, it ONLY takes a year or two to find a better mind and body.  

Oh, I know that this isn't the path I want. I know I don't want to end up in these stories.

However, I have been fighting for at least 7 years at this. Have I had times where I had progress, yes. But eventually I backslide. And I wish I could believe that I can fix this in a year or 2. But right now, not seeming very possible unless I stop school  and activities and have money fall out of the sky at me for the nutritionist and a personal trainer. Neither are going to happen, so I keep trying where I am until I either figure out another way or we get to a place where we can afford those things based on time and money.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Diadhuit said:

Bean, congratulations for sticking with the challenge and getting an all time super score!!
I don't know your family, but those snarky remarks make me think of people who feel bad for themselves and want to bring you down with their emotional status.
I wish them to start loving themselves so they let you be amazing!

Thank you

The family is complicated, always has been. and probably always will be. Sometimes I handle it better, and sometimes they are worse. I just need to go back to dealing with it without letting it get to me. Once I get there, things will be better

• Like 2

Oh, I know that this isn't the path I want. I know I don't want to end up in these stories.

However, I have been fighting for at least 7 years at this. Have I had times where I had progress, yes. But eventually I backslide. And I wish I could believe that I can fix this in a year or 2. But right now, not seeming very possible unless I stop school  and activities and have money fall out of the sky at me for the nutritionist and a personal trainer. Neither are going to happen, so I keep trying where I am until I either figure out another way or we get to a place where we can afford those things based on time and money.
I know the feeling :(
Yet I believe you are progressing now! It might be invisible microsteps but they are there!
You are rocking your points in the middle of Bean's usual overwhelming life.
And this is even a rockier path. Searching for a job is not easy, not easy at all! I was unemployed for 6 months after finishing college, it's freaking hard! If someone says otherwise are either very lucky not to have experienced that or f**king idiots that don't deserve your time (I know...family)
If you want me to have a look at your resume or anything else PM me :)

Sent from my FIG-LX1 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Diadhuit said:

I know the feeling :(
Yet I believe you are progressing now! It might be invisible microsteps but they are there!
You are rocking your points in the middle of Bean's usual overwhelming life.
And this is even a rockier path. Searching for a job is not easy, not easy at all! I was unemployed for 6 months after finishing college, it's freaking hard! If someone says otherwise are either very lucky not to have experienced that or f**king idiots that don't deserve your time (I know...family)
If you want me to have a look at your resume or anything else PM me :)

Thanks. I am sure it will all work out, but right now, I am just in the "I am doing so much, why won't it work"

And thanks, I think I have a decent resume, but I am completely changing careers so my resume doesn't help in the new field. Ugh.

• Like 2

So Tuesday was a not as active day. Agents had school, and I ended up watching 2 of Agents best friends while their folks worked. I did do quite a bit of homework, but I didn't walk much since kids running around and well I couldn't go anywhere. I didn't think I did much yesterday until I was filling in boxes closer to bedtime and I realized I had a done more than I thought. Its strange, getting stuff done when I am home.. How silly of me.

I did however get on the treadmill for 15 minutes last night. I know i can do longer, but I am just so tired all the time, its harder. I am glad I got on, but I really want to get to where I am NOT TIRED so I can do more. But the only solution there is sleep which means homework and boxes don't get done. Ugh. 

Also, in reading other threads I realized part of this is that Blarg the troll (the one who tells me I am not good enough and I can't do things) is loose. He is also starting to talk about how my being tired will lead to naps every day for like 4 hours which will lead to me down the path of some of my family. None of this puts me in a good headspace, so my response is to not sleep more  to prove I don't need the nap.

I also had a discussion with Hubby that neither of us want to go down the road my family is on. Not at all. So we agreed to push each other. He has been doing better since the discussion over the weekend than I have. Hes motivated again. However, I feel like I am doing the " I want to change, but I don't want to do the work". I know it will take work, but with what time? And again this could be Blarg telling me it will never happen so just accept it.

Challenge wise, I actually had a fairly good day. I ended up with 53 out of 38 pts. I was so close to Friday. I got the walk in which was good and I got some stuff done. I should be doing more stretches and exercise, but there is that.

Strength - 6 out of 4

Flexibility - 7 out of 6

Fight Chaos - Clean-   6 out of 4

Walking -   3 out of 2

Fuel  -  12  out of 8

Total 53 out of 38

• Like 3

On 2/19/2019 at 11:09 AM, Bean Sidhe said:

I am trying so many things and I don't feel like I am doing any of them well enough.

Is it worth it to try fewer things to try to do them better? I know you've been trying a lot of different ways to do things over your time here and you've found things that work for you. But what if you scaled back over all so you could focus on certain things and be able to get better at them rather than having a bunch of things that it's hard to see progress in?

• Like 1

15 hours ago, fleaball said:

Is it worth it to try fewer things to try to do them better? I know you've been trying a lot of different ways to do things over your time here and you've found things that work for you. But what if you scaled back over all so you could focus on certain things and be able to get better at them rather than having a bunch of things that it's hard to see progress in?

I am not talking about the goals so much, as the big things. School, work, Agents, Finding an internship, getting healthy, Trying to conquer the chaos in the house.

Ideally, I could stop doing a few of them, but which ones. I can't drop Agents. If I drop school, I will never go back. If I drop work, I can't pay for school. If I don't find an internship, I can't graduate, so I am paying for something that will never happen.

That leaves dropping the getting healthy and fighting chaos. Which to be honest, If I drop those, I fear I will never go back to them. And in some small way, its the one thing I do for me. I hate the exercise, (still haven't found anything I like doing) and the Chaos is a bit overwhelming sometimes. But I have already seen that when I stop working in a room or I stop keeping up on a task (basement, recipe book) no one helps maintain it and suddenly it looks like it did Before I did it. take the recipe book, I spent a challenge or 2 awhile back pulling out the crummy recipes from the binder we use. I organized it all nice and pretty. I left it alone for lets say 6 months. Right before this challenge I pulled it out and it was stuffed full of random papers. Some recipes to try, others we liked or didn't, all just shoved in there and falling out every which way. So this challenge is back to working on it. Basement same thing, I stopped working down there for a few months and things started to just pile up in the middle of the floor again, so I am back to working on it daily.

And the healthy, this one scares me more than anything. Yes, If I dedicated every minute to tracking calories and working out for an hour a day, then I could probably lose the weight. But, I can't due to a few factors (time, money, energy). Instead I am doing something even if its little things. But the little things don't show the progress. And if I stop working on this, I may never go back and then I will be where my family is, falling apart too young or unable to care for each other.  Or worse, I will be the one needing too much help because I can't do simple things like bring groceries in.

And this challenge and last were me scaling back. Mostly because I am not doing all the things. There are times that the things I am not doing are driving me nuts. But I also know that with everything going on right now, I can't do them all. I am trying to get back to doing most if not all eventually, and hoping I can figure out how to do everything better.

and yes, this is probably Blarg telling me that I am never going to accomplish anything and that I am destined to be fat and unhealthy and falling apart, while never finishing school. I know that. But right now, this is me trying to have some control somewhere and not feel like I have given up. But the problem is, giving up seems easier.

• Like 1

Weds

The big story of Weds is I forgot to take my meds on Tuesday night, which includes my acid reflux med. So by Weds late morning, I was hurting. But I kept going and said "when I get home from work, I will take my meds"  Then it was "when I get home from activity, I will take my meds." Then it was "When I get home from activity 2, I will take my med" but by that point, I wasn't able to even eat. I had a piece of toast for dinner with just butter and said "Its not worth taking my meds, I have to take them in a few hours anyway" so I waited. I was pretty bad

Spoiler

I was just about at the throwing up point. There were few times it was close, and there was a bunch of unpleasant burps

Hubby went tot he store and brought back ice cream to fight the acid. This has worked in the past since dairy is rather basic and good at dealing with the acid issue. and I went from really bad to just icky but tired so I was in bed by 1015. And I took my meds so I am better today.  However, this also meant I had stupid sugar and ate after dinner

One good thing, is I am sitting a the dinner table, unable to eat (it was all cooked with lemon juice and more acid would be bad) and Youngest Agent looks at me and says "Has anyone told you what a good mommy you are when you don't feel good?"

I did manage to get absolute bare minimum of boxes for the day. But I did them. I had to be careful with the stretches and exercises since those were trying to make it worse.  I should of done more homework or boxes, but It wasn't happening.

Strength - 4 out of 4

Flexibility - 6 out of 6

Fight Chaos - Clean-   4 out of 4

Walking -   2 out of 2 

Fuel  -  10  out of 8

Total 53 out of 38

• Like 3

Oh and anyone out there got a second, I could use some good energy today. I have a job fair to go to for the internship hunt and it means dealing with the public at large and trying to be outgoing and positive about myself.

can I just say, I don't want to go?

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Bean Sidhe said:

Oh and anyone out there got a second, I could use some good energy today. I have a job fair to go to for the internship hunt and it means dealing with the public at large and trying to be outgoing and positive about myself.

can I just say, I don't want to go?

Oh that is exciting (and scary!) I will send you all the good energy today <3 

I mean you can say that ;) but you are still going :P 

From the outside it looks like you are making good progress overall.. even if it doesn't feel like much to you. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Rookie said:

Oh that is exciting (and scary!) I will send you all the good energy today <3 

I mean you can say that ;) but you are still going :P 

I went. And it was scary. But I did something, so I am calling it a win

5 hours ago, Rookie said:

From the outside it looks like you are making good progress overall.. even if it doesn't feel like much to you. 

Thanks, I needed to hear that today. I appreciate the support.

• Like 2

Home from the job fair. I was told by someone at the place with the dream internship (but it wasn't his department) that he was fairly certain the dream internships have been fufilled. I didn't even get a rejection letter.

so yeah, nothing real helpful there.  But I went and I am going to tell myself that counts for something.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Bean Sidhe said:

I am not talking about the goals so much, as the big things. School, work, Agents, Finding an internship, getting healthy, Trying to conquer the chaos in the house.

Ideally, I could stop doing a few of them, but which ones. I can't drop Agents. If I drop school, I will never go back. If I drop work, I can't pay for school. If I don't find an internship, I can't graduate, so I am paying for something that will never happen.

That leaves dropping the getting healthy and fighting chaos. Which to be honest, If I drop those, I fear I will never go back to them. And in some small way, its the one thing I do for me. I hate the exercise, (still haven't found anything I like doing) and the Chaos is a bit overwhelming sometimes. But I have already seen that when I stop working in a room or I stop keeping up on a task (basement, recipe book) no one helps maintain it and suddenly it looks like it did Before I did it. take the recipe book, I spent a challenge or 2 awhile back pulling out the crummy recipes from the binder we use. I organized it all nice and pretty. I left it alone for lets say 6 months. Right before this challenge I pulled it out and it was stuffed full of random papers. Some recipes to try, others we liked or didn't, all just shoved in there and falling out every which way. So this challenge is back to working on it. Basement same thing, I stopped working down there for a few months and things started to just pile up in the middle of the floor again, so I am back to working on it daily.

And the healthy, this one scares me more than anything. Yes, If I dedicated every minute to tracking calories and working out for an hour a day, then I could probably lose the weight. But, I can't due to a few factors (time, money, energy). Instead I am doing something even if its little things. But the little things don't show the progress. And if I stop working on this, I may never go back and then I will be where my family is, falling apart too young or unable to care for each other.  Or worse, I will be the one needing too much help because I can't do simple things like bring groceries in.

And this challenge and last were me scaling back. Mostly because I am not doing all the things. There are times that the things I am not doing are driving me nuts. But I also know that with everything going on right now, I can't do them all. I am trying to get back to doing most if not all eventually, and hoping I can figure out how to do everything better.

and yes, this is probably Blarg telling me that I am never going to accomplish anything and that I am destined to be fat and unhealthy and falling apart, while never finishing school. I know that. But right now, this is me trying to have some control somewhere and not feel like I have given up. But the problem is, giving up seems easier.

My bad, totally misinterpreted. 

This is definitely Blarg being a dickhead. You're overwhelmed and it's normal to feel like this, but that doesn't mean it's true. The shitstorm will clear up eventually and you'll be able to punching Blarg in the face more often.

10 hours ago, Bean Sidhe said:

Home from the job fair. I was told by someone at the place with the dream internship (but it wasn't his department) that he was fairly certain the dream internships have been fufilled. I didn't even get a rejection letter.

so yeah, nothing real helpful there.  But I went and I am going to tell myself that counts for something.

This full-on sucks if he was right. BUT it's still awesome that you went, and maybe something else will come of it. I went to one of those in undergrad and it was terrifying. You get all the points just for dragging yourself there in the first place.

Totally going to respond to people later, but its getting late and I need to get my "Update" up for yesterday so I can maybe go to bed so I can be up at 5 AM to do homework. I would do homework now, but my brain is starting to blur letters together which is not a good idea in database world.

Yesterday life wise SUCKED. Between the internship being "probably filled", people assuming I could just make what they want happen (at work) my instructor for one of my classes had not responded to 2 emails since Monday (with the homework due TONIGHT) and I couldn't figure out the homework even with Hubby's help. Plus, Dinner wasn't even till 9:30 since we fed agents left overs and we were trying to work on my homework, I wasn't in a good place mentally. I just felt like I was failing everything.

The good news out of all of this, is I started doing my challenge stuff. Hubby left to get dinner and I just started getting stuff done. Between what I had been doing all day (little things here or there) and the time I spent waiting for him to get back, I managed to get all my boxes and 57 pts  for the day. It was a it weird because I didn't realize I was getting there, which is a good thing.

Now yes, somethings were done earlier than my "Lets go" moment and I had done the "morning" exercises and my eating fuel goals and a few other things. But it wasn't that hard to get the evening stuff done which was nice. Granted, Blarg is all "You could of done it all" but I am trying to be positive here. The goal is to make all of these goals/chores/whatever something I can do every day (most days) for the rest of my life. I have to remember I am working on changing how I think and move and eat for long term and I want to make these things just part of my life and not have to remember to take time to clean my desk off or floss or drink water, but have it be stuff I just do.  Kinda like those people who have it together and say things like "what do you mean you have to remember to floss, drink water or clean the counter? It just something you do."

The funniest part, I didn't realize how many points I had till I got up this morning and added in the last 4 pts from last night (go to bed one time, floss before bed, eat after dinner and stupid sugar. So that was kinda nice to start the day with. 

Anyway, I kinda hope this is progress and eventually I can move some of this stuff off the spreadsheet and still have it happen. But today isn't that day.  I literally forgot to floss this morning (or brush my teeth) until I went to check something else off the spreadsheet and went "Oh yeah"

Strength - 7 out of 4

Flexibility - 11 out of 6

Walking -   2 out of 2 

Fuel  -  12  out of 8

Total 57 out of 38

• Like 1

Okay, so I got sick (running/stuffy nose) on Sat and am still not feeling great. Sunday was Youngest Agent's 2 month late birthday party.  and while I still felt horrid, it went okay. One big glitch, but I am dealing with it.

Update should be done tonight. However, I didn't track Sunday. between finishing homework, party and the clean up I did (My energy gave out as soon as the last set of guests left at 6) I didn't track challenge.

Okay, so update tonight. I am not dead.

• Like 1

Feel better Bean! 

Your days always sound so chaotic! :O which I guess this is why its your vs chaos haha. You got so much done <3 I am so proud. 

• Thanks 1

On 2/22/2019 at 12:14 AM, fleaball said:

My bad, totally misinterpreted. 

No worries, it happens.

This is definitely Blarg being a dickhead. You're overwhelmed and it's normal to feel like this, but that doesn't mean it's true. The shitstorm will clear up eventually and you'll be able to punching Blarg in the face more often.

I hope for this> I also hope day that I learn to evict his sorry .... but until that day, I need to learn to either duck tape his mouth shut, or get stronger chains.

This full-on sucks if he was right. BUT it's still awesome that you went, and maybe something else will come of it. I went to one of those in undergrad and it was terrifying. You get all the points just for dragging yourself there in the first place.

Not going to lie, it wasn't fun. But I did it. Also felt like a waste of time since it was more "Hey we need bodies that can do things like dishes for the elderly" but it was a good intro one and since I have 2 more to go to this week (Yes, I am going to do this to myself again) I need to get more comfortable with this whole 'being charming and engaging" ugh.

Being around people is hard.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Rookie said:

Feel better Bean! 

Thanks, I am hoping to feel at least partially human soon.

10 hours ago, Rookie said:

Your days always sound so chaotic! :O which I guess this is why its your vs chaos haha. You got so much done <3 I am so proud. 

You have no idea. My days are packed full and sometimes probably overfull. I learned a while ago that for the foreseeable future, chaos is where I am going to be. I can try to tame chaos and make it work with me, but I need to not let it overwhelm us. Thanks for being proud. I am just doing what needs done.

For example:  Tomorrow is Extra kid in the morning at 6:30, Take Youngest and Friends to school, take Eldest to school, go to work (and deal with chaos there), come home and change and prepare for job fair then Youngest is picked up by a friend's mom who will drop Youngest off at a meeting I have. After Meeting ,Youngest goes to Grandmas while Hubby picks up Eldest from activity and takes to a different activity. I go to the job fair, then pick up Youngest, come home,  homework, Eldest and Hubby return home, then dinner, then goals for challenge and bed. Oh and I need to remember to check with Youngest other friend about after school Weds if I need to watch her.

• Like 2

So weekend in a nutshell.

Friday was a pain in the butt with driving everywhere and not feeling like it was worth it. I did get 53 pts for challenge and my step goal for the first time in ages. I honestly felt like I might be getting a handle on this Friday.

Strength - 7out of 4

Flexibility - 7 out of 6

Walking -   2 out of 2 

Fuel  -  11  out of 8

Total 53 out of 38

Saturday I woke up with a headcold/sinus thing. It was the start, and I had to finish planning the party, get the decoration and goody bag stuff together, order the cupcakes and figure out food, and do homework that needed done. I didn't get all the homework done, but I was close. But it was literally "study 5 minutes, get called to help with something, study some more, repeat" Total for the day 42 points.

Strength - 4 out of 4

Flexibility - 6 out of 6

Life and chaos -   10 out of 10

Walking -   2 out of 2 

Fuel  -  11  out of 8

Total 42 out of 38

Sunday we got up and had to run a last minute errand, then I had homework to do. Local friends call and ask me to watch their 4 year old since the baby got hurt. Of course, Managed to do the homework while Hubby and Agents (who had been doing this Sat as well) worked on all the cleaning and grunt work. Took my quiz then finished prepping food. Party went well except for the one thing that I don't really want to go into. But the last of the guests left at 6. I was still fighting this cold the whole time and I literally melted after the party. I was in bed by 9. I also admit to 2 cupcakes because it was my baby's birthday. Also I didn't even bother to track on Sunday because well, I knew I wouldn't have energy for it.

Today I am still sick, but I am trying to push through, I am starting to feel bad I am falling behind on challenges. Time to get my butt in gear, but its going to be another busy busy week and I just found out one teacher assigned 2 chapters of reading this week.

• Like 1

So Monday didn't go as planned. Mostly since this cold was way worse. I could function so long as I was on my meds for it. Which only worked until 8. If I had taken another dose, I wouldn't of been able to take the nighttime meds to go to sleep before my bedtime, and honestly, I wasn't functioning well.  I couldn't read to do homework, it was bad.

That being said, I missed 2 days of the challenge in a row. I am a bit bothered by this. I was doing so well, and then I didn't. So I missed 3 days total over the challenge, but it feels like more. Maybe because they are back to back. But I needed the sleep. Especially since I have to be all "charming" tonight at the job fair.  I did get a total of 32 pts, but it wasn't that close when I only got 3 of 7 boxes.

The one good thing I had happen yesterday was I got a letter stating I made Deans list at school.

Off to go play catch up on other threads.

Strength - 0 out of 4

Flexibility - 1 out of 6

Fight Chaos - Clean-   3 out of 4

Fight Chaos Purge-   2 out of 4

Walking -   2 out of 2 

Fuel  -  12  out of 8

Total 32 out of 38

• Like 1

So I have been working on a small lead for an internship for a few days. I was told I may have a phone interview on Thursday.

The guy just emailed.

tumblr_o2qhiiEwBr1r2pp2to1_500.gif

I have an in person interview Thursday morning after I drop Eldest off.

Lets be clear here, my last interview was 20 years ago this summer. so how do you do this?

1c1b2e1440ebfb606b99e6ff2333889e.png

• Like 4