• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Athaclena

Athaclena keeps rolling in 2019

A bit about me - I'm an "IT Consultant" without a "home" - as in my company's home office is in Chicago - and my home office is - well - either my actual HOME office or at a client site. I travel - a LOT. So routines are .... well... virtually nonexistent. I've been making small changes while tracking things through NF challenges (and I seriously need to update my sig - but who the heck has time for that LOL). But due to my job, my challenges are very fluid - like week to week. I'll pick a few things that I'd like to focus on THAT week - and it will vary depending on whether or not I'm travelling.

In addition to travelling, hubby and I are working hard to sell our house (outside of Atlanta) and MOVE. So you'll see a bit about that. It's possible with the market in Atlanta being what it is that we could sell during this challenge. If that happens I'll have one goal - pack out shizzle and find a rental in the Chattanooga area (with Gigabit) to move into LOL.

With all of that in mind - let's look at the coming week - 2/4 - 2/10 (because I don't take "bye" weeks as it were).

I'm traveling this coming week - all the way across the country (yep, this is my 2nd cross country trip this year) - so my goals are:

1) Get 8 hours of shut eye every night
2) No defaulting to burgers & fries. Only 1 serving of fries allowed - and it better be an emergency
3) Eat a salad. Something I need to do more than once a month. It should be... like... daily or something I hear LOL.
4) Make sure I take my probiotics - I totally didn't last week while on vacation and my gut has let me know that was a STUPID move

That's it! just a couple of simple things.

• Like 4

I think this looks like a great challenge for you. Especially considering you are traveling so much.

Oh, yeah, I should update my signature too. We will get there.

Good luck with the house. Fingers crossed it goes the way you want it to.

Monday, put in a solid 8 hours then flew across the country, walked into the hotel about midnight (that's 3am my time) - so didn't get 8 hours of sleep
Tuesday, met up with a friend to catch up on lots of stuff - didn't get to bed until after 11 - so didn't get 8 hours of sleep
Wednesday, oh look - THERE'S the wall - had an early dinner and passed out about 7:45 pm - totally got more than 8 hours of sleep
Thursday, up early and refreshed, got some work done before boarding my flight (and SO glad I upgraded myself to 1st class) - late dinner with hubby, in bed by 11, got in 8 hours
And I'll get 8 hours tonight - I promise :)

Food wise - defaulted to burger and fries one night....
Ate salads on multiple occasions
Took my probiotics

Oh - and got lots of kudo's for the workshop - including from one of our Officer\C-level guys that came in for a bit - so there's that :)

So - all in all a good week.....

Next week I'm pretty much home - so I'll work on my goals and get them posted over the weekend.

• Like 1

It sounds like you had a very good week overall. If you only defaulted to the Burger and fries one night, that is still really good. Hopefully you can rest up a bit this weekend and next week while your home.

Looking forward to what next week looks like

• Like 1

Actually made some "packing\throwing out" progress today working in the Master Bath. WOOT!

This week's challenge:
1) Get some sleep
2) Take my probiotics
3) No burgers OR fries - eat some chicken and have something ELSE as a side
4) Get the taxes done so I have a final budget for our move.....

That's it - let's get it done!

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Athaclena said:

Actually made some "packing\throwing out" progress today working in the Master Bath. WOOT!

This week's challenge:
1) Get some sleep
2) Take my probiotics
3) No burgers OR fries - eat some chicken and have something ELSE as a side
4) Get the taxes done so I have a final budget for our move.....

That's it - let's get it done!

Yay for progress. Good luck this week.

• Like 1

Update. I caught whatever plague (cold virus, not flu) is going around. Ugh!

1) Sleep - I got it - as much as I could sleep on the cold meds (and I'm about to go BACK to bed now that I've taken care of work stuff)
2) I remembered my probiotics
3) No burgers were eaten - but 1/2 serving of fries......
4) Hope to get to taxes this long weekend

Part of the reason this cold is kicking my butt: coughing sent my back into spasms last night and I feel today like someone has been beating me with a bat.

Once I'm over this bug, workouts ARE becoming a thing. This is ridiculous. Getting old SUCKS!

• Like 2

I have no plans to begin workouts until at least 48 hours after I feel better. Been there, done that, but holy hell did I not realize how weak my core truly was until coughing started the back spasms and the soreness the next day between the spasms and the coughing have me feeling like someone has literally worked me over with a 2x4.

There will be a body weight workout making sure core is included and walking (other than just airport hiking) in the near future!

• Like 1

Update:

Taxes were not done. I had trouble with my "fine focus" yesterday. I managed to work through more laundry of stuff to be packed away in bins - so progress there at least!

This week I'm going to focus on trying to get the taxes done and more packing done - but aiming at picking up stuff enough to have someone give the floors, kitchen and bathroom a good scrub. If I can do that, I'll schedule a service ('cause I just don't have it in me) and get some investors in to make offers.

Food wise - don't go completely off the wagon. Eat a veggie and NO FRENCH FRIES. Eat a salad or something LOL.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Athaclena said:

Update:

Taxes were not done. I had trouble with my "fine focus" yesterday. I managed to work through more laundry of stuff to be packed away in bins - so progress there at least!

This week I'm going to focus on trying to get the taxes done and more packing done - but aiming at picking up stuff enough to have someone give the floors, kitchen and bathroom a good scrub. If I can do that, I'll schedule a service ('cause I just don't have it in me) and get some investors in to make offers.

Food wise - don't go completely off the wagon. Eat a veggie and NO FRENCH FRIES. Eat a salad or something LOL.

Sounds like a good plan. good luck.

Definitely feeling better!

I was roped - once again - being a pronouncer in a regional spelling bee. I have to be up EARLY tomorrow *sigh*. After that I plan to do a cursory house clean and get taxes done. If the house is "clean enough" - investors are coming in. If I feel it REALLY needs a scrub first - I'll hire it out.

Next week (Monday) begins "Operation Get Off My A$$". I WILL drag my butt out of bed at 7:30. I WILL get my butt on a treadmill for 15 min (assuming it still works - will figure that out this weekend) and I WILL do an abbreviated set of yoga poses targeting my core. EVERY WEEK DAY.

While this is happening. NO FRENCH FRIES. Seriously - eat better in general - but they're my frickin downfall.

• Like 1

My voice is officially TOAST. The words WERE definitely easier this year, but those kids would NOT be tripped up! 4.5 hours of standing, calling words, vocabulary, definitions, sentences etc. before we FINALLY got to a batch of words that "tore" through the field to leave the final 2.  Then, the Latin origin words tripped up one of the last leaving only 1 :) It was his 3rd year making it to regionals and he's made it to the State Bee (along with the runner up - who will kill it if she brushes up on Latin and how every time you hear "d" it really IS a "t" - and I'm sorry but I DO have to use the posted pronunciation - even if I hate it\disagree with it :(. To ME the most important thing is there was not one protest and I got lots of kudo's from the parents for pronunciation. I worked hard to MAKE SURE the child understood WHAT the word was and that it was pronounced as correctly as I could manage. And it wasn't SO bad as my second year, last year I was practically in a cold sweat LOL. This year I was ALMOST relaxed.

The upshot is - yesterday was a WASH LOL. We all went out to a LATE lunch, and chatted because some of these women have been volunteering for the Bee for YEARS and virtually only see each other once a year now as they've started retiring. Then get home - out to dinner with hubby (where I got a dessert - didn't eat it all - and a much needed adult beverage) - then home and passed out by 9:30 LOL. My back is ALSO toast - but I'm going to work on laundry and some general - long needed house cleanup working from the main areas back - because at the moment that's the worst of it (well, aside from the basement which is literally shelves and stacks of old computer gear).

• Like 1

Kitchen is clean.
Clothes are washed.
Made inroads into the "pile" of laundry that's been ignored - basically stuff that I'll need when we move (curtains, extra blankets, etc) - so washed and in marked bins for storage\move.
Other basic cleaning started

I did NOT uncover the treadmill however, so rather than walking, I'll continue to do major cleaning until it is. I've gotten quite a bit done today even with taking breaks. I need to string more of that together. So an update to next week's challenge - I just need to MOVE. And if that movement is putting stuff into boxes for the move - that still counts :) But I'm still dragging my butt out of bad at 7:30 to get in a good 30-45 minutes of "movement" before I get working on "work".

• Like 1

Sounds like you have a good plan for this week and you got a ton of stuff done. I am so glad the spelling bee went well. Good luck with this weeks challenge. I am sure you will get it all taken care of.

It's almost mid-day Monday. Normally Mondays are .... well....
giphy.gif

But today - I'm like - energized. I was up and out of bed by 8am. More laundry from the "pile" is going. The kitchen is now sparkling. I threw together the documentation I just COULD.NOT.GET.TOGETHER Friday in like - an hour.

No - I didn't change up my supplaments or eat something different yesterday\this morning. I don't know what it is - but I'm gonna go with it and see if I can get the main floor of the house presentable between meetings\while testing is processing!

giphy.gif

• Like 1

Crashing for the night but had to check in.

Accomplishments today:

• A lot more steps than a "normal" work day
  • I don't know how many loads of laundry I worked in, but there is ONE load left in the HUGE mound of stuff that's been stacked in the laundry room - like for a year and I'd have gotten that done except that I decided I wanted to do the bath mats
  • Unloaded, reloaded, unloaded and reloaded (and it's running) the dishwasher
  • Did EVERYTHING on my check list for work
  • Made dinner - my "spaghetti" with LOADS of mushrooms (hubby is allergic, and went on a trip so I have to take advantage) and *drum roll please* A SALAD!!!!!
  • And that last load in the dishwasher? It has the dishes from dinner so I start tomorrow with a clean kitchen and nothing in the sink. WHAT?!
  • AND I'm going to bed at a decent hour

Now, if I could wake up with THIS kind of energy every day..... I still have clue where it came from......

• Like 1

Not NEARLY as much energy today. BUT..... I'm not letting it slow me down much.

I've done 3 loads of laundry so far. Finished up what was stacked in the laundry room, changed OUR bedding (which does happen regularly LOL) and main bedspread is in the dryer and moving on to the new bedding we got to go on the new CA King air mattress we bought for and used on our trip to Chattanooga a few weeks ago. I will not get it ALL done today, but I WILL be done tomorrow - literally short of moving on to curtains that are hanging up and clothes in the closet - EVERYTHING will be freshly washed :)

Holy cow did I not realize all of the "dirty laundry" that was laying around the house - and how much RANDOM BEDDING we have - and no closet space for! It's going directly into marked bins for the move. I'm almost to the point where I can spend the time I was spending on rotating laundry to spurts of ACTUAL cleaning, sorting and packing!

I think at this point I'm excited to reach the point I can SEE the progress and that's what has me "going" :)

• Like 2

Yesterday I continued with the Laundry. Kept the kitchen clean and ATE A SALAD!

I plan to do the same today - PLUS get the garbage to the curb - for the first time in weeks. We actually don't generate much trash for a "typical" American family. Oh.... there's a lot of stuff getting tossed, but actual week to week TRASH is literally like one tall kitchen bag of trash and a some recyclables (typically more to be recycled than actual trash). And here in the "South" where we tend not to recycle anything (which drives me NUTS) - that's sayin' something!

• Like 1

The absolute MOUNTAIN of laundry has been successfully tackled. There's still a bit to be sorted\packed appropriately, but that'll get done by the end of the weekend (probably today even).

The trash, including the big chair box (full of recycling) from my Christmas present to myself was put on the curb (and the recycling was picked up this morning already AND the recycling bin pulled back up).

So - now I'm looking at straight up packing\cleaning - and - uh - finally getting the taxes done :)

My vacuum MAY be toast. I'm hoping it just overheated and shut down and I just need to make sure there's nothing clogging it. I just didn't have the energy to do that last night.....

I wish I knew where all of the energy on Monday came from, because I'm back to DRAGGING myself out of bed this morning and getting going. But I'm still plugging away and staying on track (although I didn't do a salad last night - shame on me - but I didn't order in burger and fries either LOL).

• Like 1