• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Cheetah

Cheetah takes two steps forward and one step back.

Hiiii!

I like this Intuitive Eating thing. It's not a structure I'm familiar with, and your explanation was great. I eat somewhat similarly after quickly discovering that pregnancy requires breakfast and I can't IF anymore. I just don't have brain energy to keep track of it on top of everything else. ><

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DaemonCorax said:

Hiiii!

I like this Intuitive Eating thing. It's not a structure I'm familiar with, and your explanation was great. I eat somewhat similarly after quickly discovering that pregnancy requires breakfast and I can't IF anymore. I just don't have brain energy to keep track of it on top of everything else. ><

Hello!

There's a book about it if you're interested.  One of my favorite things about it is that there's nothing to track.  Once I read the book, I deleted MFP from my phone, and I haven't looked back.

Wednesday Update

I don't really remember what I did Wednesday.  I think I exercised.  I'm pretty sure I did.  I didn't do much else because I spent most of my day doing house projects, which is okay.

Thursday update

Thursdays are shopping, so I haven't got much done so far today.  Food has been terrible.  I've been munching on nuts and jerky all night.  I'm just so tired and I can't make myself care.  I will try really hard to at least get the daily reading in tonight.  But I probably won't do much else.  Maybe I'll exercise.  I'll try.  I just feel wiped out and shitty.

It's not all gloom and doom, so I'm sorry if I sound that way.  I've been having a good week overall; I'm in fine enough spirits.  I just get tired and it makes it hard to keep the motivation and discipline up.  Maybe I'll get lucky and go home early tonight.

Tomorrow will be an interesting day.  We have high school students coming to visit my school, and my wife is going out in the evening so I might be able to watch a movie.  I'm going to make pies for a game day Saturday.  This week I'm doing a blueberry and an apple.  I'll try to get pics.

• Like 3

mmmm pie. Blueberry and apple sounds amazing. 

Sorry you are so tired Cheetah. Could it be your meds? Mine make me exhausted :(

Sending you love xx

On 2/7/2019 at 9:46 PM, Cheetah said:

I've been having a good week overall; I'm in fine enough spirits.  I just get tired and it makes it hard to keep the motivation and discipline up. 

I feel this in my very soul lately.  Hope your weekend has been good, yes pie pics please!!!!!  P I E !!!!!

• Like 2

I was feeling very sympathetic to your feeling down in the dumps and tired. Really I was. And then I saw the pie and I'm afraid I got distracted. There is no room in my brain for anything but pie.

In all seriousness, although it sounds like you've been dealing with your sleep problems for a while and have probably tried this - ever tried stretching as a means of trying to settle yourself back into a restful state at night when you can't sleep?

16 hours ago, DaemonCorax said:

stretching

I actually have not tried that.  What I usually do is put in earbuds- I have a pair I can sleep in - and play a video with a guid d meditation.  That usually knocks me out.

Thankfully it seems that my adjusted medicine is doing its job, and I've been sleeping a lot better.  Of course, I still have to go to bed at 12.30 and get up at 6, so there's really never going to be any end to the sleep deprivation.  Being tired is just my life.  

I suppose I ought to post a proper update.

I can't remember what I did all weekend, except that I made pie and played games with people and went to church and probably other things.  Monday is also a similar blur.

Today my kids had a half-day, which means I had a few hours free and a nearby rail trail.  I walked a smidge over 10 miles.  I've got a few aches and pains for my trouble, but I did the whole thing straight through in just under 3 hours.  I think on a day when I had more time on my hands I could do 12 miles if I took a break somewhere in the middle.

The other happy thing about it is I finally bought new shoes last week.  I got a proper fitting at a running shop.  I ended up with a pair of Saucony Ride Iso.  I think they're just very slightly too narrow between my arch and my heel, but they're so stretchy and flexible that it doesn't seem to matter.  They weigh next to nothing and feel like smooshy house slippers.  They might be the most comfortable shoes I've ever worn.  Totally worth the money.  And they preformed flawlessly on today's long walk, so that's very good.

Food has been all over the place.  I've had some mindful meals and some not so much.  I'm trying to look at it like a habit that I have to build.  That takes time and perseverance.  I'm trying to be patient with myself.

I've got in a little guitar, I think once or twice in the last week.  It's just a low priority.  I got a little bit done on the window trim in my house.  I'm keeping up on studenting.  I didn't exercise much until the walk today.

I think that's about it.  I'll keep on muddling through.  Hopefully this week will be a little better.  :-)

• Like 8

Today's big problem is eating not because I'm hungry, but because I'm tired.  Otherwise I'm having a good day.  I've got a lot of studenting done, and I'm going to go check out the daily reading right now.  I'll at least do some pushups and squats tonight.  But I've already ate all of my food for the day, and I'm sure I'm going to get the munchies later even though I'm really not hungry.  Ugh.  So tired of being tired.

Blah blah blah.

• Like 3

Hey Cheetah, sorry about the tiredness. :( but amazing job on the 10 mile walk, thats a long way! Hope you can have a lovely day and hope you are well rested xx

• Like 1

I'm glad you're having a good day! Try to give yourself a break for the eating when not hungry thing - you gotta get energy from somewhere and it that isn't sleep and rest then it has to be food. You're doing ok and this shall pass, Cheetah. 

18 hours ago, Cheetah said:

Today's big problem is eating not because I'm hungry, but because I'm tired. 

So carrying on about the not sleeping thing. When you can't sleep, how DO you feel? (obviously not like sleeping) When I can't sleep, the restless is usually mental that carries over into physical. Drinking water, walking around, stretching a bit, can make me get back in bed and feel more ready to rest. The eating when tired thing is something I used to do ALL the time when I was taking computer science classes (>15 years ago. wow.) But frequently it was the hydration problem that made me feel twitchy and restless. This has revisited preggo me as I fight to balance drinking water in the evening to make up for not getting enough during the day with not drinking so much that it wakes me up in the middle of the night (space is limited ATM lol.)

5 hours ago, DaemonCorax said:

When you can't sleep, how DO you feel?

When I can't sleep, it's usually because I'm hypo-manic.  I have Type II Bipolar.  Thankfully, now that my meds are re-adjusted, I'm not having trouble getting to sleep any more.  My problem now is that I get off work at midnight and I have to get up at 6 to get my kids to school.  Last night I was up even later because I went to Kroger and bought flowers, chocolate, and a Valentine's Day card for my wife, and also cards for my son and daughter.  Then when I got home I had to vase and arrange the roses, which takes a little time to do well.  So it was after 1 when I got to bed.

By the way - and I point this out every year because it's one of my favorite things - did you ever notice that Valentine's Day has the same initials as Venereal Disease?  Coincidence?  I think not.  Happy VD everyone!

Having said all that, I'm not having a bad day.  I'm ahead of the game on studenting for once, and I got the shopping and some dishes done today.  Several items of camping gear arrived today, so I now have trekkin poles and a new car camping tent for the family.  I'm pretty excited about that one.  I really want to get our car camping gear dialed in this year.  I got the tent on clearance from REI, here it is.

I didn't do much else today, but that's typical for a Thursday.  Right now I don't have any students, so if that keeps up I've got all night to play on the internet.  I love my job.  :-)

• Like 5

That tent looks like a spaceship so its cool!

I hope you managed to sleep well and feel more rested. 

You are soooo lovely to do all that for VD :) lucky wife! xx