• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Cheetah

Cheetah takes two steps forward and one step back.

Moving a piano HECK YEAH that's cause for like a celebration or a medal or something, pianos are NO JOKE

• Like 2

Saturday I spent all day buying furniture, and last night I assembled a giant IKEA bookshelf for my living room.  Not quite a workout, but close.  Today I moved some couches down to the basement to make room for the new ones that will be delivered this week.  I put my old couches in the basement so that my kids have furniture to jump on.  They now have two sofas, two love seats, and a pair of swivel chairs.  It stops them jumping on the nice stuff upstairs.  It also gives them a place to land when they jump out of their swing.  Also, it gives them a nice long path for when the floor is lava.  Interior design must account for these things, you know.

• Like 6

Sunday was alright.  Church, prayer meeting at our house.  I made a smoked sausage veggie skillet thing that is very good and also healthy.  I had french toast for dinner but used a light dusting of cinnamon and sugar rather than syrup, so that was not too bad.  I didn't really eat mindfully though.  I got help from friends moving our old couches to the basement.

Today has been okay.  I had to go buy a new cordless drill, as I have lost my old one.  I'm sure that now I've replaced it I'll find it soon.  I made meatloaf for the fam and chili for myself, it was good but I didnt eat mindfully.  I just ate what I brought.  I definitely could have eaten less, but it's relatively low-cal food so it's hard to be unhappy about it... except that it's not in line with the program.  But the program is that there is no program, so it's still all fine.  Confused yet?  I know I am.

No exercise today, but I think I'm still recovering from all of the moving so I'm just calling it a rest day.  Tomorrow I'll wrestle some more heavy chairs down the stairs and do some KB swings.  Tonight I want to watch more videos on this; I've seen just enough of them to be very sure I've been doing it all wrong.

No guitar again today.  I'll watch the daily reading in a few minutes, so I'm at least making good on that.

I'm thinking of shamelessly ripping off the minimalist March idea from Deffy.  We'll see. 

I need to find a good seller for Hogwarts acceptance letters.  My daughter is turning 11 in a few weeks.  Nevermind that people here are supposed to go to Ilvermorny, she's expecting a Hogwarts letter so that's what she's getting.  :-P  It's fine, I'm an American Ravenclaw, Atlantic Ocean be damned.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Cheetah said:

people here are supposed to go to Ilvermorny

Wow, I either never knew that or forgot it.

4 minutes ago, Xena said:

Wow, I either never knew that or forgot it.

As far as I know it doesn't appear in the 7 books, unless Hermione mentions it once.  I only know about it because there's a whole story about it on the Pottermore site.

14 hours ago, Cheetah said:

I'm thinking of shamelessly ripping off the minimalist March idea from Deffy.  We'll see. 

I am very curious about this...

4 hours ago, Salinger said:

Hey Cheetah, hope you are doing ok. I need to buy a drill soon too. xx

I like Hitachi.

4 hours ago, DaemonCorax said:

I am very curious about this...

What Deffy proposed was a March of spending as little money as possible.  I think that I might also incorporate a food component to it.  I have this funny notion that one path into intuitive eating might be to take a minimalist approach.  I think it might help me to think of it as an exercise in eating as little as possible while following the basic principles  - honor hunger, honor fullness, honor taste, honor nutrition.  The "dieting" approach to food is always, "how much can I get away with and still stick to this program?"  I think taking the opposite tack and saying, "How little can I eat and still be healthy and satisfied?" might be a better approach.  I'm still thinking it over, but I might just do it.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Cheetah said:

I have this funny notion that one path into intuitive eating might be to take a minimalist approach.  I think it might help me to think of it as an exercise in eating as little as possible while following the basic principles

This is exactly what I do when I am at the top of my game, hence the "snackbox". I eat as little as I can to take away the hunger, then carry on with my jazz until I am hungry again. Rinse and repeat. I only eat one proper meal per day, the rest of my calories are pre-measured out in a snackbox. It works. 

1 minute ago, Salinger said:

Thanks, yes heard these or Dewalt is it? Are best.... thanks for the link :) xx

Dewalt are over-priced.  They are good quality, but Hitachi are just as good and a lot cheaper.  At least, they are cheaper here.  It might be a different market in England.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Cheetah said:

Dewalt are over-priced.  They are good quality, but Hitachi are just as good and a lot cheaper.  At least, they are cheaper here.  It might be a different market in England.

Thanks Cheetah!! <3 xx

• Like 1

Just now, deftona said:

This is exactly what I do when I am at the top of my game, hence the "snackbox". I eat as little as I can to take away the hunger, then carry on with my jazz until I am hungry again. Rinse and repeat. I only eat one proper meal per day, the rest of my calories are pre-measured out in a snackbox. It works. 

It's been a while, but now that you mention it I think I remember your snack boxes.  That sounds like exactly the kind of thing I've been thinking about doing.  I would love to hear more about how you put together snack boxes.

1 minute ago, Cheetah said:

It's been a while, but now that you mention it I think I remember your snack boxes.  That sounds like exactly the kind of thing I've been thinking about doing.  I would love to hear more about how you put together snack boxes.

I think it works best if everything or most things are bite size pieces, so things like grapes, cherry tomatoes, nuts, chopped cheese, oatcakes or crackers, chunks of chocolate all work really well. A mixture of savoury and sweet and lots of different textures works best for me, then I can graze a little from the tub, slowly, until I am no longer hungry. Lots of herbal tea helps too. And whenever I feel a pang of hunger I take out the snackbox. I know I can eat everything if I want to, and the variety really helps me eat little. 

I plan to do this in March too so we can share snackbox inspo :D

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, deftona said:

I plan to do this in March too so we can share snackbox inspo

Definitely!  I think I actually have a divided food container that will be perfect for this.  This is going to be fun!  :-D

• Like 2

Just now, Cheetah said:

Definitely!  I think I actually have a divided food container that will be perfect for this.  This is going to be fun!  :-D

PICS

As part of the run-up to Minimal March I've made one of my last discressionary purchases - I've ordered up two kettlebells.  I have been using a 15 lb, which I think is way too light for me to do swings with.  It's okay for halos and when I attempt Turkish Getups I'll probably start with it.  I've got a 20 and a 25 on the way.  I'm getting them from Walmart.  They carry the CAP brand and they make really good things out of lumps of metal.  They run about a buck a pound, which is not bad at all.

Tuesday Update - I did get some guitar time, and also the daily reading.  No exercise.  Food was a hot mess; I ate way too much junk food, just mindlessly grazing all night.  I'm looking forward to the snack box plan of mindFUL grazing.  :-) 

So far today I've already got my exercise in.  I did 10 sets of 10 KB swings.  I think my form is okay, although I might post a vid for form check one of these days. 

That's it so far; I'm sure I'll be back later.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Salinger said:

You are doing well Cheetah! :) hows guitar practice going? Have you picked it up quickly, due to your Uke playing...?xx

Thanks!

It's going okay, for as little as I practice.  I can play 8 chords now, but switching between them is pretty awkward a lot of the time.  Having experience with ukulele definitely has helped a lot.

• Like 1

I’ve heard the cast-iron CAP KBs are good for the money. If you can feel the seam, file it down until you can’t or you’ll tear up your hands. I learned that the hard way.

My unasked for advice is to return the 20, you’ll blow past it quickly, and get the 35.

I have the S&S book and Enter the Kettlebell. I can ship them to you if you’d like. I can’t see myself reading them again. Although I do occasionally like a dose of Pavel’s machismo.

33 minutes ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

I’ve heard the cast-iron CAP KBs are good for the money. If you can feel the seam, file it down until you can’t or you’ll tear up your hands. I learned that the hard way.

My unasked for advice is to return the 20, you’ll blow past it quickly, and get the 35.

I have the S&S book and Enter the Kettlebell. I can ship them to you if you’d like. I can’t see myself reading them again. Although I do occasionally like a dose of Pavel’s machismo.

Good idea about the seam.  I appreciate the advice about the 20, I was kind of on the fence about it myself.  I'd love to read the books!  :-)

Killin it today, friends.

I got some guitar time in.  I got some studenting done.  I got in some exercise, 10x10 KB swings. 

Food is good so far today.  Bfast was 4 boiled eggs.  Lunch was meatloaf on tortilla and a salad of greens and sunflower seeds.  I brought a snackbox with me to work:

sxFWMmt.jpg

baby carrots, multi-grain crackers, grapes, tiny pepperonis and Parmesan cheese.  Not bad for not having shopped for it at all.  Oh, and I also brought along an apple and had a lindor ball for afters.  I finished it off a little while ago at lunch break.  Right now I feel like I want to eat but it feels like the kind where I'm very tired and what I really want to do is sleep, but since I can't sleep at work my brain is confused and is saying to eat instead.  If I do get legit hungry before I get to bed I'll make a healthy choice at the snackateria.  They do have some whole food options that would be okay.  I know partly I've gotten into a bad habit of mindless grazing lately, so I'm struggling a little against that.  But I'm going to tough it out today, unless I get actually hungry.  I have taken my time with my meals and had plenty of water today.  So I'm calling it a win!

I think that's all there really is to report.  If I can run off my students and I get bored later, I'll tell a story about a thing that happened, but it doesn't really effect me, so it doesn't matter if I don't.  I guess we'll see. 

Ciao, bella!

• Like 6

Today's snackbox:

vWtx0tf.jpg

Mushrooms, radishes, strawberries, pita crackers, salami and jalapeno havarti cubes.  I went shopping today, and now I've got all kinds of good stuff.  :-)

For breakfast I had eggs, cheese, and toast.  For lunch I had meatloaf sammich.  I had some popcorn because it's awards day here at my school.

I've got the daily reading done today.  No guitar and no exercise yet although I might do some pushups or something.

I got my studenting for the week finished early.  This weekend we're going out of town for our kids birthdays.  We go to a hotel/water park every year.  It's a good time. 

I think that's about it for today.

• Like 6