• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Cheetah

Cheetah takes two steps forward and one step back.

8 hours ago, deftona said:

That is one expertly crafted snack box. I'm proud! 

Thanks!  I'm feeling pretty good about it.

4 hours ago, Salinger said:

Excellent day Cheetah and good job on the snackboxes, they look delicious!!!!! xx

Thanks!  It's been fun so far!

I think I'm developing a long-term strategy for the snack boxes.  I'm going to do them all the way through Minimal March, but to be honest they're a little bit expensive.  So I was thinking about ways to do this for less money, and also be able to eat more of the same foods that the rest of my family eats, because reasons.  And it occurs to me that I could just as easily pack myself a more traditional dinner entree, but do snack box style veggies to go with it.  That way I'd have munchie things to help get me through the night without resorting to junk food, but I also can help eat the leftovers in my fridge and spend less money on bourgie meats and cheeses.  So I think that's my goal.  Really, the whole point behind all of this is to build the habit of mindful eating and to make better food choices.  I think the snack box is a great way for me to jump start that, and I think I can see a path forward into sustainable good habits.  Very exciting! 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Salinger said:

You seem to know what you are doing Cheetah! Im thinking of joining the snackbox revolution.... x

You're welcome aboard!

Today's snack box:

NQvrekj.jpg

Blue Cheese stuffed olives, multigrain crackers, salami, sage derby, baby carrots and little sweet peppers.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Salinger said:

my word..... to be honest, i prefer to eat stuff like this, than crap anyway!!! x

It's pretty good.  :-)

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

I'm pretty sure Marx said cheese is exempt from class struggle.

Rumour has it he wasn't going to but Engels put his foot down.

• Like 2

Oh wowie wow wow SNACKBOX looks SO COOL!!  What an awesome idea!!!  It kind of reminds me of a bento box, but for snacks instead of packing a meal.  Now I want to buy a cute bento box to pack, but I'm actually really good about moderation with my snack drawer at work.

I'm totally down for Minimalist March with spending though!

• Like 1

On 3/3/2019 at 8:40 AM, shaar said:

kind of reminds me of a bento box

That's basically where I'm headed in the long run.  I think that a meal I can munch on through the course of the night just works better for me.

No snack box today, because my weekend ran over into today.  My beautiful wife packed me a very nice dinner of pork chop and salad, banana and pretzel sticks.  I also got a little bit more into some trail mix than I probably needed too, but not excessively.  So I still feel good about the day overall.

I was out of town all weekend.  We took our kids to a hotel/water park for their birthday weekend.  Their birthdays are two days apart and they like this better than a party.  We've been to the same place three times now, and it gets better every time.  We had a ball, and I actually did a pretty good job practicing intuitive eating all weekend at the various restaraunts and the hotel's breakfast bar.  All-you-can-eat used to be really bad for me, but this weekend I did a really good job honoring fullness.

I got a lot of exercise this weekend, because you have to go up two flights of stairs to get to the top of the water slides, and I rode a crapton of water slides.  I also did a little bit of legitimate swimming here and there.  So that totally counts for all three days.  Tomorrow I'll be back at it with KBs.  Speaking of which, I don't think I mentioned that I watched "Enter the Kettlebell" the other day.  It was hilarious but also very educational.  I think there's a sequel I have to check out.  :-)  Afterword I tried doing some KB cleans and beat the crap out of my arm.  So I'm going to stick with the swings until I have time to find more videos on this. 

I think that's about it, really.  Happy Monday!

• Like 8

The waterpark sounds great fun, I'm glad you had such a great weekend and happy birthday to the Cheetah cubs! 

• Like 1

Happy Birthday to the kids Cheetah :)

And your weekend sound so so fun! Great job on the IE too... you are doing so well <3 xx

17 hours ago, deftona said:

The waterpark sounds great fun, I'm glad you had such a great weekend and happy birthday to the Cheetah cubs! 

Thanks!  They're turning 11 and 7.  Which means the older one is getting her Hogwarts letter this year.

12 hours ago, Salinger said:

Happy Birthday to the kids Cheetah :)

And your weekend sound so so fun! Great job on the IE too... you are doing so well <3 xx

Thanks!  It seems to be going better now that I'm being a bit more intentional about my meals.

I'm feeling pretty good about today. 

I got a full Simple & Sinister workout in.  The Get-Ups were not as bad as I thought they were going to be.  I used a 15 lb KB to make sure I wasn't going to hurt myself while I figured out the movement.  I'll probably use that weight a couple more times to try to get the form nailed down a little bit before I start increasing.  I'm finding it hard to focus on keeping my arm straight up while I'm also moving my legs around.  But it felt pretty good for a first try.  Today was also my first full 10 x 10 swings with a 25 lb KB, and between sets I did some halos and presses with the 20 lb KB.  It felt like a pretty good workout for as short as it was.

Food has been good today.  Scrambled eggs and cheese for breakfast.  Chili for lunch, mindfully eaten.  I didn't get a pic of my snackbox today, but it included a tin of sardines, a bit of jalapeno havarti, multigrain crackers, mandarin orange, blueberries, and parsnip sticks.  I actually haven't gotten into it much yet.  The chili is very satiating and the beans stay with me for a long time, so I might not eat much of the snacks tonight. 

This morning I dug out a bento box set that we got for my daughter to take school lunches in, which we haven't ended up using.  It holds a little bit more than the sectioned dish I've been using.  It is missing one of the little containers, but I think I can still make do with it.  My first impulse was to buy a new bento set, but as this is Minimal March I'm going to use what I already have.  Come April, if I don't love it I might reward myself with a new set.

I didn't get any guitar time today, but I did get the daily reading done. 

So ya, today has been alright.  I'm at "work" right now.  I've been shifted to teaching a proper class this block because one of our other instructors had a minor heart attack.  He's fine, but he won't be cleared for work for a couple of weeks.  It's bloody freezing here.  My building is cinder block walls with no insulation, so the heat only keeps up in certain parts of the building.  My desk is up against one of the exterior walls.  I've got my fleece on but I might put on a hat, too.  Stupid never ending winter.

I think that's about it for today.  Stay warm!

• Like 6

10 hours ago, NicTheRugger said:

your grown-up lunchables are awe-inspiring. 

You're doing great! Keep up the good work

Thanks!

Today's box:

HNg1R24.jpg

Grapes, pretzel sticks, bell pepper, radish, cheese stuffed olives and sage derby.  There was also a tin of sardines.  I'm not sure how many more pics I'm going to post; I fear they're going to start to become repetitive.

So today has been not bad.  Breakfast and lunch were thai chicken rice.  Snack box meal was good.  I took a rest day from exercise.  I know that Pavel says you can do the S&S every day, but I think it might take me some time to work up to that, and that's okay.  No guitar, but I've got all of my studenting done for the week.

Tomorrow is shopping.  I'm already tired, and I'm slightly dreading tomorrow morning because I'm going to be even more tired.

I had a nasty headache but it's gone now.  Better living through chemistry.

I think that's it for today.

• Like 5

So far today I've done the shopping, which went well.  I got my KB swings in, 10x10, and that feels pretty good.  But food is a bit off the rails.  Today I'm living mostly on chili, which is good, but also a chocolate-heavy trail mix that I made myself, which is probably not the healthiest choice I could be making.  But honestly, as I'm writing this and thinking about it, I'm already tired of it, so I probably won't eat any more of it.  So that's fine.

I don't have much else to say at the moment.  I will probably be back later, but we'll see.  :-)

• Like 2

Oh, I forgot to mention earlier, I ordered two more kettlebells today, a 30# and a 35#.  I really appreciate that Walmart is not charging me shipping, and they were less than a dollar a pound.  I think my total for the two was about 54 dollars or so. 

That also reminds me, someone mentioned looking out for seams in the handles of the 'bells, and I wanted to report that the CAP 'bells that I bought are dead smooth in the handles.  They seem very well made for as little as I paid for them.  I'll do a durability report after I've had them a while, but first impressions are very very good.

• Like 3

20 hours ago, Cheetah said:

Tomorrow is shopping.  I'm already tired, and I'm slightly dreading tomorrow morning because I'm going to be even more tired.

1 hour ago, Cheetah said:

So far today I've done the shopping, which went well.  I got my KB swings in

So far, so good. Sounds like the morning went better than you predicted?

1 minute ago, Xena said:

Sounds like the morning went better than you predicted?

Yeah, it wasn't too bad.  Honestly, the thing I dislike the most about Thursdays is when I get really sleep deprived it makes me grouchy in the mornings.  I sometimes end up grouching at my kids, and I really really hate that.  But today went pretty smoothly, and I kept my cool all morning.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Salinger said:

good job keeping your cool!!! :P 

also excited to see what you achieve with the new kettlebells :) x

Thanks!  Me too!

Today's snack box

LNKrqVO.jpg

Olives, crackers, salami and swiss, rainbow carrots.  I like the purple ones best.  :-)

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, Cheetah said:

Today's snack box

LNKrqVO.jpg

Olives, crackers, salami and swiss, rainbow carrots.  I like the purple ones best.  :-)

It's like a Lunchable for grownups. :D

4 minutes ago, DrFeelgood said:

It's like a Lunchable for grownups. :D

Ya, someone else said the same thing.  I'm good with that.  :-)

• Like 1