Ground Control to Major Tom

@mu

Summary for the quick reader:

Tools: body weight, parallettes, (aerial silks), ball

Epic quest: complete GMB Parallettes 2 (P2)

Big move coming up at the end of this challenge as some of you already know... I sure hope we (me + husband + cat) will be landing on our feet.

spaceoddityandrewkolb-16.jpg

picture_3_large.png

That is sort of the feeling.

In the meantime, we still have a lot to do. Minimalistic challenge because I have enough on my plate really.

Same ol' goals

Consistency as boring as it gets probably but I'm kinda appreciating the routine right now

Not planning any shiny breakthrough or creative activity

... just doing the thing.... if I can manage that, I will be really happy.

Practice

P2 3x/week and HS 3x/week (deload: 5 mini workouts)
Stretching (hips, back bends) – 2x/week
Cirque Physio – 18 drills /week (deload: 12 drills /week)
Legs – 4 drills /week
Ball – 4 drills /week
Pull – my aerial rig is down so hanging will be limited, but I want to go to the square next door to pull some (hanging leg raises, straight arm inverts, German hangs, meathooks => 4 drills).

Light study

Java tests 5x/week

And that's it for the todos... you might notice I have no particular plan to deal with closure, stress, feelings and other niceties that come with big life transitions. I just don't want to challenge myself on those. I do acknowledge them but I don't want to tackle them via a a list of goals. Shape shifting is an elusive task.

Now the schedule:

Week 0 => deload

Week 1/2/3 => the usual

Week 4 => planned departure and deload week, since that week is likely to be very hectic, I will be lenient and not stress myself if I miss workouts, it's deload anyway.

• Like 4

Challenges #1 | #2 | #3 | #4 | #5 | #6 | #7 | #8 | #9 | #10 | #11 | #12 | #13 | #14 | #15 | #16 | #17 | #18 | #19 | #20 | #21 | #22 (current)

Battle log The Assassin's Path (current)

Woot: first 1mn free HS | first press to HS

Nope, boring is not what comes to mind when I read this :D it's a good approach to keep things up for happy routine and let the elusive shape shifting be independent of goals. There's check lists enough on that as is, I guess

Wishing you a smooth trip with beautiful planetary views :cheerful:

• Like 1

Level 18 Wood-Elf Assassin

battle log: counting the good things

current challenge: something, nothing, all the things

previous challenges: 25242322212019181716, 151413121110987654, 321

How cool is it that the same God who created mountains and oceans and galaxies looked at you and thought the world needed one of you, too

On board for your epic adventure!  The steady workout program may be the anchor that keeps you grounded, because major life changing events like moving countries are anything but boring

• Like 2
HUNTER OF ALL THINGS SHINY

Intro Thread    Bodyweight Exercise Library

The Arruvia Conspiracy Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 567, 89, 10 

Other Challenges: 12345, 6, 7, 89, 10, 11, 1213, 14, 15 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28Mardi Gras [Current]

Level 2 Ninja

Strength: 13 Intelligence: 14 Wisdom: 6 Dexterity:14 Constitution: 12 Charisma: 11

tumblr_nxizv5UuhZ1uf993jo1_500.gif

• Like 2

"We can be heroes"

Level 13 Assassin | climbing | meditating | running | writing | bodyweight training | kickboxing | Backyard gym project

Current Challenge39 | 38 | 37 | 36 | 35 | 34 | 33 | 32 | 31 | 30 | 29 | 28 | 27 | 26 | 25 | 24 | 23 | 22 | 21 | 20 | 19 | 18 | 1716 | 15 | 14 | 13 | 12 | 11 | 10 | 9 | 8 | 7 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Raptron, alot assassin

67666564636261605958 575655545352515049484746454443424140393837363534333231302928272625242322212019181716151413121110987 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

HA HA that video :D

4 hours ago, RogueLibrarian said:

tumblr_nxizv5UuhZ1uf993jo1_500.gif

Exactly!

12 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

On board for your epic adventure!  The steady workout program may be the anchor that keeps you grounded, because major life changing events like moving countries are anything but boring

Thanks! Let's keep calm and P2 on :lol:

12 hours ago, lucky fire dragon said:

Nope, boring is not what comes to mind when I read this :D it's a good approach to keep things up for happy routine and let the elusive shape shifting be independent of goals. There's check lists enough on that as is, I guess

Wishing you a smooth trip with beautiful planetary views :cheerful:

Thank you! Did I say I'm scared of flying?... I had a flatmate who was a pilote and took me on a small plane (a cessna). He let me drive it for a little while, and since then, I have been scared shitless.

13 hours ago, Mad Hatter said:

Nothing boring about this. :) Just keeping up with regular life is quite the achievement considering everything going on!

Cheers, yep let's see!

E. had some insomnia and to relax himself during the night he prepared halva (the brown type with toasted flour, rose water, cardamom and saffron - it's a fairly elaborated desert to cook). I woke up to a very very nice smell. I'm quite happy about this new relaxation method I must say :P

Monday is usually rest but I moved it to yesterday because E. was not feeling so hot and my shoulders definitely needed some recovery time from Saturday (wall straddle press drills).

Today was: Cirque Physio (glute) + ball drills + P2 deload:

low frogs / normal push-ups / crane push-ups / 1-leg crow holds

HS warmup

Elbow lever switches on double bars and single bar

HS to crow => I did not manage a single proper one today, bah. My butt is heavy and my elbows are slippery, what can I do :lol:

In the evening, I went to the square and did leg raises / meathook drills / straddle ups. However I could not find an actual bar, I had to use circular thingies that move about. I'm short enough to dead hang from them but the grip is not exactly super nice. I found this pic on the web:

IMG_5202-1024x682.jpg

I have no clue what they are for really. @WhiteGhost any idea? I'm also curious about the second one (spiral thingy). I've never seen people use those.

Anyway, I had to use a close grip as well, so I could not do German hangs. I'll have to remove those for now.

Oh and I also did all my Java tests today, pretty good day! (NB: my week runs from Sat to Fri, I started on Sat)

/* Challenge Log */

P2:              _
HS:              _
[deload]         2/5

Stretching:      1/2
Cirque-Physio:   4/12
Legs:            2/4
Ball-flex:       2/4

Pull:            3/3

Java-tests:      5/5

• Like 3

Challenges #1 | #2 | #3 | #4 | #5 | #6 | #7 | #8 | #9 | #10 | #11 | #12 | #13 | #14 | #15 | #16 | #17 | #18 | #19 | #20 | #21 | #22 (current)

Those look like a playground version of Ultimate Beastmaster obstacles.

ultimate-beastmaster-pullups-brian-ludov

"We can be heroes"

Level 13 Assassin | climbing | meditating | running | writing | bodyweight training | kickboxing | Backyard gym project

Current Challenge39 | 38 | 37 | 36 | 35 | 34 | 33 | 32 | 31 | 30 | 29 | 28 | 27 | 26 | 25 | 24 | 23 | 22 | 21 | 20 | 19 | 18 | 1716 | 15 | 14 | 13 | 12 | 11 | 10 | 9 | 8 | 7 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1 

6 hours ago, @mu said:

I have no clue what they are for really. @WhiteGhost any idea? 

The first is is for mobility. In theory you hold onto it while your feet are on the ground and twist around to work on rotational mobility. However, they are often too high to reach from the ground and just becomes spinny wheels to hang from.

The second one is a climbing drill. You grab on at the bottom and pull yourself up along the pole to the top & back down, somewhat akin to an incline monkey bars. 

• Like 2

Other Challenges: 12345, 6, 7, 89, 10, 11, 1213, 14, 15 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28Mardi Gras [Current]

Level 2 Ninja

Strength: 13 Intelligence: 14 Wisdom: 6 Dexterity:14 Constitution: 12 Charisma: 11

4 hours ago, RogueLibrarian said:

Those look like a playground version of Ultimate Beastmaster obstacles.

It crossed my mind too :D

1 hour ago, WhiteGhost said:

The first is is for mobility. In theory you hold onto it while your feet are on the ground and twist around to work on rotational mobility. However, they are often too high to reach from the ground and just becomes spinny wheels to hang from.

The second one is a climbing drill. You grab on at the bottom and pull yourself up along the pole to the top & back down, somewhat akin to an incline monkey bars. 

oh wow, I had no idea, I will try that then instead of doing German hangs then. I love those little training spaces (there are loads of them). I just do not comprehend why there isn't a single horizontal bar.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, @mu said:

I just do not comprehend why there isn't a single horizontal bar.

The one in our complex here didn't have a horizontal bar at first, but I complained and begged and eventually they put one in :)

Level 2 Ninja

5 hours ago, Happienumber said:

That is rather perplexing isn’t it?

5 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

The one in our complex here didn't have a horizontal bar at first, but I complained and begged and eventually they put one in :)

Yes it's weird, I'm pretty sure it's the cheapest element.

3 hours ago, KB Girl said:

They honestly look almost more for decoration than training equipment :D

Following again, your epic quests is awesome. And of course gotta see the end of this moving adventure. 

Hello and welcome!

:D they are quite sturdy though. The thing I don't like though is cement flooring...

40 minutes ago, Mike Wazowski said:

Props on that improvised hanging - were you doing that in the square because your rig is already disassembled?

yes, exactly, we have to send it packed in tubes not cartons, so we had to take out a sample of the bars (they are arched) to make sure they were fitting. Now we've got the tubes and we will ship it soon. I could re-assemble it for a few days but I can't be harassed.

Very quick update and I'm going to BED seriously, I will catch up with threads a bit later, the guild is getting really busy, this is coool :)

Today:

P2 deload: HS taps, HS to V-sit, HS work on form : overall so so, got tired quickly, I only got 1 full transition from HS to V-sit

Cirque Physio x4

Ball drill x1

/* Challenge Log */

[deload]         3/5

Stretching:      1/2
Cirque-Physio:   8/12
Ball-flex:       3/4

Pull:            3/4

• Like 3

Today: backbends, much better than last session. I did back drops and coming back up just on my hands (no ball / yoga block) focusing on the chain of order and trying to minimize knee bend / wait until I really have to.

Otherwise, lots of move-related things done, like sorting out possible banking issues from abroad, advertising items for sale, packing the rig and more sorting out (clothes, kitchen stuff etc).

/* Challenge Log */

[deload]         3/5

Stretching:      2/2
Cirque-Physio:   8/12
Ball-flex:       3/4

Pull:            3/4

• Like 3

Congrats on the backbends!! Did I miss your announcement as to where you are moving or do you still not know? I think that was the last thing I heard, that it was up in the air? (Aerial pun sort of intended )

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

Bounty Hunter Jedi Assasin

I must control my THOUGHTS...
THOUGHTS become WORDS
WORDS become ACTIONS
ACTIONS define your CHARACTER
CHARACTER determines your DESTINY
MyFitnessPal | tumblr 

3 hours ago, Happienumber said:

Congrats on the backbends!! Did I miss your announcement as to where you are moving or do you still not know? I think that was the last thing I heard, that it was up in the air? (Aerial pun sort of intended )

:D I'm not sure you were around, we took the decision last summer and I talk about it here a few months ago. We are moving to southern France (Montpellier).

• Like 1

NB: I'm not sure if you know but I'm French [emoji14] if you need any help with your language learning goal, please let me know [emoji14]

Ahhhhh awesome!!
Lol I’ll always accept help with my French [emoji23]

Congratulations! What an exciting move!

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk
  • Like 1

Bounty Hunter Jedi Assasin

I must control my THOUGHTS...
THOUGHTS become WORDS
WORDS become ACTIONS
ACTIONS define your CHARACTER
CHARACTER determines your DESTINY
MyFitnessPal | tumblr 

Today: legs (GHR and ham sliders! Those were harder than the ham curls I do on silks, ouch)

+ mini P2:

low frog / PU

floor straddle holds (oh quad cramps...)

double arm lever → straddle hold → double arm lever

And hi ho ha :D I managed 2 without touching the floor with my feet! Still very close to grazing but getting there. I took a video to check my level of butt UP action and it's really tiny tiny compared to what it actually feels like :mask:  (as usual...). If I want to end up in a prettier / higher straddle, I'll have to really puuuush that bum UP. But I think I got the basic chain of action now.

Here is the vid

• Like 4