• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

WhiteGhost

WhiteGhost Goes Backwards

This challenge will be split into two parts:

Part 1:  The first 2 weeks of the challenge (3 if we include zero week) will be in Sanya (a.k.a. the Hawaii of China).  I will be doing a lot of the regular tropical island stuff, like going to the beach, lounging at the pool and playing Mahjong until ungodly hours of the morning.  Also, there will be tons of junk food.  My in-laws stocked up on cookies, choco pies, chocolates and all kinds of nuts and fruits.  So the challenge part of this is going to look like this:

Challenge the First: Food Fight. 

family matters GIF by Warner Archive

I am going to be honest with myself and just admit that snacks will happen.  I will try to stay away from the sugary stuff and focus on fruits and nuts.  I won't get too worked up if sugar happens (it will) but be mindful and try to make relatively smart choices.

Challenge the Second: Move That Body

working out GIF

There will be two primary obstacles for working out.  1) I don't have as much workout clothes so I will need to do laundry at least every other day to make sure I have something to work out in.  2) It is super hot out once the sun comes up, so I need to get up at a reasonable hour so I don't get  heatstroke.  Both of these are doable but will require effort.  Zero week will be especially difficult because of Chinese New Years, but from week 1 I need to be on my workout game.  Gymnastics stuff is included in this

Challenge the Third: Backwards Momentum. 

momentum GIF

This is going to be the connecting objective for the challenge.  Every day I need to be spending meaningful time (at least 10 minutes or so) going backwards (in combination with getting inverted).  Most of this will be kicking up into handstands, but I also want to be doing other backwards things like back bridges, (ground) kips ups, fish flops, backrolls and the like.  Ultimately I will be working towards back handsprings and backflips, but I am not expecting that to happen just yet.

Challenge the Fourth: Be Sketchy. 

scared viola davis GIF by ABC Network

Just before we came down to Sanya, I started to learn how to sketch.  I only did a couple before I let it completely slip, so I want to make it challenge item because I always do better with accountability.  

Part 2: The last 2 weeks of the challenge will be back in Beijing, so I will need to be getting back into my regular routine.  I will have a lot more control over everything at that point, so that is where things will kick into high gear

Challenge the First:  I Will Cut You

ill cut you dont test me GIF

I have been really lax with food for the last few months, what with Thanksgiving, Christmas and Chinese New Year.  Once the holiday season is over, I want to really start working on getting my sugar intake under control, so this challenge item will be about getting rid of sugary snacks.  I am not looking to eliminate all sugar because that is unrealistic, but I will stop cooking pies, brownies, cookies, and cakes because I usually end up just eating them by myself, and I don't need that.

Challenge the Second:  Tap Out

WWE sports wwe wrestling 2001 GIF

Regular workout will happen, but I want to get better at giants, and that is going to require getting better at taps (kip swings to build momentum).  Tap swings will happen every time I am at the park, with the target of getting to 100% vertical at least once per session.

Challenge the Third: Maintain Backwards Momentum. 

backwards GIF

I want to keep working towards those back flips, so I will sign up for the trampoline park and go there once a week to work on back flips.  Other backwards movements (particularly handstands) will also be part of the program.

Challenge the Fourth: Get a Job

its always sunny in philadelphia job GIF

As much as I enjoy not working, being unemployed is not ideal over the long term, especially because private school for Ghostlet is going to be very expensive and that is coming up in about 18 months.  This doesn't have to happen immediately, but I need to start putting out feelers and start laying some groundwork, so that I can take advantage of any opportunities that come up.

I am putting this up now because I have it ready, but I am going to keep with my old challenge until Wednesday (Tuesday is Chinese New Year)

Let's go back things up!

• Like 9

19 hours ago, Mad Hatter said:

Ha love that you put fish flops on the list! :D 

Enjoy the rest of the vacay.

LOL I feal like everyone knows what fish flops are but me hahaha

• Like 1

On 2/4/2019 at 2:36 PM, Mad Hatter said:

Ha love that you put fish flops on the list! :D 

Enjoy the rest of the vacay.

They are soooo fun :D :D 

On 2/4/2019 at 2:37 PM, @mu said:

IN! Love the going forward by going backward, very assassiny.

Don't know how much forward I'm going to get, but if we learned anything from Ready Player One, it's that the secret to getting what you want is to just go backwards :D  

On 2/4/2019 at 3:40 PM, lucky fire dragon said:

Have a fun vacation and a Happy New Year!!

Great challenge set up :cheerful:

Thanks!

15 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Following again. 

Happy to have you along again!

11 hours ago, raptron said:

VACATION GOALS! Ambitious. :D 

Haha, yeah.  I will be having a liberal forgiveness policy for this part of the challenge :D 

5 hours ago, Happienumber said:

LOL I feal like everyone knows what fish flops are but me hahaha

Don't feel bad, I didn't know what they were until last week when I saw a demonstration on Hatter's thread

5 hours ago, Happienumber said:

Awesome goals! So impressive that you've got a whole section of vacation goals! 

Let's wait and see how many of them actually happen :D :D :D 

• Like 1

Ohhhh backflips! Are your legs strong enough? :)

Will you still share some pictures of everyday life? Haven't gotten enough of that yet :D

12 hours ago, KB Girl said:

Ohhhh backflips! Are your legs strong enough? :)

Will you still share some pictures of everyday life? Haven't gotten enough of that yet :D

My legs are strong enough, it is my spine that is holding me back.  As in I don't have enough of it  :D

I figured you guys would be bored with my everyday pictures by now, but if my fans demand it...  ;)

10 hours ago, deftona said:

Here! 

Welcome aboard!

8 hours ago, Mike Wazowski said:

Oooh dang, goals DURING vacation? Props.

Also, hiiiiii!

Hiiiii! 

OK, this challenge is officially underway.  In got things started by way(ing IP early this morning to get in a workout.  In have been feely antsy about not working out recently and this scratched that itch. Also, I am worried about the assassin mini - I can't let the Empire just finished rampant across the galaxy without doing something.

I got in a good pull workout and supplemented it with a bunch of core work.  I tried to do some gymnastics stuff after but my arms we're completely burned out, so I gave up and called it a day.

We are at the train station now waiting for our train.  We are taking the high speed rail over to the west side of the island today to visit some friends (said friend is also a co-founder of Ghostess's company. our families usually get together over Chinese New Year since we are all down here anyway).

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, fleaball said:

Lurking!

OHAI!!

21 hours ago, Shello said:

Following.... Or at least trying to.

Welcome!

Yesterday was a lot of fun. We hung out with our friends in Jiusuo on the West side of the island for most of the day.  The first train we could get didn't leave until almost noon so we had lunch when we got there and then went to the pool.  We played around using different strokes and I got almost 20 meters using the butterfly stroke, which has got to be a PR for me :D However most of the time was spent doing underwater handstands (the water was about cheat deep, so in a handstand everything from my waist down is out of the water). I love doing underwater handstands because it is like regular handstands but on super easy mode.  I can press into them and it feels like my balance has a +10 modifier.   I can focus on fine tuning my balance and identify specific weaknesses and limiting factors, which for me is apparently my fingers.  I even did a bunch of one handed ones because I could  :)

After the pool we went to the beach.  The kids dug holes and put up protective dikes to keep the waves out, but I did a bunch more hand balancing, specifically shoulder levers and handstands

We had dinner at the beach which consisted of things that could be put on a stick and roasted over a grill (chicken wings, lamb cubes, beef cubes, manto (Chinese bread), squid, tofu, and chicken cartilage.  

During the dinner people we're setting off fireworks on the beach.  I took a video of one guy's display

This morning has been lazy. I am super sore from all of yesterday's activities so I skipped working out this morning

Food Fight - I was doing good for most of the day, but I screwed it up in the end by working down almost an entire box of chocolates before bed.

Move That Body - Pull & Ab workout in the morning

Backwards Momentum - Tons of handstands & other hand balancing throughout the day

Be sketchy - Nothing 

• Like 7

On 2/4/2019 at 7:31 AM, WhiteGhost said:

momentum GIF

I know it's silly, but I just can't stop looking at this gif, lol

Following!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, zenLara said:

I know it's silly, but I just can't stop looking at this gif, lol

Me too. :D 

Nice shoulder lever yo!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, RogueLibrarian said:

Makin' those backwards leaps of faith like

SmallConcernedLemur-size_restricted.gif

I keep rewatching and rewatching and expect the cart to move out of the way.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1