• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Thom Stépan

Thom starts building consistency

13 hours ago, Thom Stépan said:

Enjoyed my weekend with my daughters. We had a Harry Potter marathon. They were finally old enough to watch the last four movies

My boys and I still do this occasionally with Star Wars :) 

My boys and I still do this occasionally with Star Wars  
It was my girls idea. I try to let the kids lead in the activities we do. Aiming for quality when I have so little time with them.

Sent from my CPH1725 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Thom Stépan said:

It was my girls idea. I try to let the kids lead in the activities we do. Aiming for quality when I have so little time with them.

Cherish it, which I'm sure you do...my baby turned 20 last year...when I saw him last time he was 18 (he lives in another state with his father) we binge watched Marvel movies :D 

• Like 2

Thank you ladies.

Today was my first pro bono coaching session. It went really well. I can already see how to improve some things. To be better organised in some areas. Adapt, learn and improve.

Okay, yes it was a friend and former co-worker. She is ready to improve some stuff in her life. Yes she has been supportive of me starting the coaching business, and she offered to be a guinea pig.

I still had to take her through the process, build rapport and help her look at her life with some thought and introspection that is hard for a single mum to find time for.

Oh and before any stray thoughts of me being single and her being single enter heads. No. We are friends, that is all we want and need from our relationship.

Now back to my actual challenge. Quite bluntly I have been consistent about not exercising.

Here we are reaching the end of week two and no gym time.

I have been to my SCA training once so far.

The only goal I am rocking is my life coaching one. I am getting a couple of hours per week in for study. Then a couple of hours researching the business side and making a start with actual coaching.

I need to up my game on the rest though.

• Like 4

Whoops disappeared for a bit.

I am doing okay. Sleep has been rough the last couple of weeks. Hence not being on regularly.

I have been working on my website for my coaching business. Dealing with Bec and spending time with my kids, and adjusting to my lower budget.

I have about a week to go before my new haircut. Looking forward to it actually. It should be fun.

Dragged my tired butt out of bed and went for a walk today. Rebuilding the habit.

Oh and my website is buildingworthylives.com if you want to have a butcher's.

• Like 4

In order to increase general movement, I have decided to do my boiling kettle workout. A simple way to add some additional movement throughout my day.

This afternoon/evening I had four cuppas, so that made 4 sets of 10 benchtop push ups and squats.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Thom Stépan said:

Hmm, okay. Lets try this then;

https://www.buildingworthylives.com

Remember I have know bloody idea what I am doing. Just figuring it out as I go. Frogging technology.

Very nice! I'll check it out further when I get home

(and I loved your book :) )

So wrap up of my challenge.

Goal One; Gym consistency.
That went out the window right quick. Having my daughter in Sydney for a check in with her pain team threw me. Then losing my job because I took time off to look after the rest of my kids really took the wind out of my sails here.

Goal Two; Life Coaching Diploma
I aced this area. I got to my first weekend coaching mastery session. Got my level one coaching mastery certificate. Built a website. Got my first pro bono client. Did an fb ad to start getting clients to come in. I even managed some actual study on the Diploma.

Goal Three; SCA Training
A bit like the gym goal. I have gotten to a couple of sessions, but need to increase my consistency.

I have volunteered to be an extra signatory on the bank account. Our group has reached incipient shire status, so we are formalising roles and bring given our own Shire bank account from Kingdom (as I understand it).

The Shire of Strathcorbie in the Kingdom of Lochac is becoming a reality. Huzzah!

So yeah hit and miss. But the work goal has taken priority.

• Like 2

Sorry you've had some rough stuff to deal with, during this challenge specifically with the job and beyond. I haven't followed your threads for a while and didn't realize that you and Bec had split up. I'm sorry you've gone through that. No matter the circumstances, I'm sure it wasn't/isn't an easy road. In spite of all that, you've managed to keep going, find sparks of light and keep fighting. Hoping to hear about good times ahead!

• Like 1

Sorry you've had some rough stuff to deal with, during this challenge specifically with the job and beyond. I haven't followed your threads for a while and didn't realize that you and Bec had split up. I'm sorry you've gone through that. No matter the circumstances, I'm sure it wasn't/isn't an easy road. In spite of all that, you've managed to keep going, find sparks of light and keep fighting. Hoping to hear about good times ahead!
The break up with Bec happened last year, I wasnt on NF then.

My failure in the relationship was lack of selfcare. No boundaries, no activities to help me feel good about being me, no quality sleep, just giving everything to the family.

I became a resentful, grumpy old bastard and (in my mind) crossed the line and started being abusive, my counsellor disagreed.

Whether I did cross the line or not, I was sadly becoming *that* guy.

That is my failure, I own it, and with counselling, anger management and the like started the process of healing myself and return to my core. Now I am here and growing.

• Like 3