• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

jonfirestar

JonFirestar: I am Awesome

On 2/11/2019 at 12:42 PM, jonfirestar said:

But this is the fastest I've ever run in my life, ever. 

I just caught up so I'm late, but congratulations! You are not just a runner but an awesome runner :D 

I hope you have a nice weekend. 

• Like 1

On 2/11/2019 at 11:51 AM, Charlie_Quinn said:

For a brief second, I actually thought you were having a heart attack at the dinner table! Please don't do that again, it was a little scary! 

Well, I was in an incredible amount of pain. I was trying to say that I was alright but that hurt! 

On 2/11/2019 at 11:56 AM, WhiteGhost said:

You have become amazingly fast!  Very good job!!!

Thanks. It put me in the top 100 for the day and 41st in my age group. I'm not unhappy with that but I think I can do a bit better ;)

On 2/11/2019 at 12:47 PM, Salinger said:

yayyyyy well done Jon, proud of you xx

On 2/11/2019 at 2:57 PM, TGP said:

wow!

so hardcore, jon.

A big thumbs up for the massive effort.

The effort really took everything out of me for a couple of days. I've honestly never run so hard! 

On 2/11/2019 at 3:32 PM, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Awesome performance on that race, as well as Charlie and Rho for forcing you to actually run the race.

Well I had said going into this one that I wanted to run it fast but they know me well enough to give me a prodding from time to time ;)

On 2/11/2019 at 6:56 PM, motely said:

Wow!  Congrats on your race results.  You ARE Awesome!  One of my goals is to break 30 minutes for a 5k.  Didn't do it this weekend...lol

Thank you. You will get there. I've only been running for around 24 months. This 10k time isn't actually a long way off from my first 5k time when I finished c25k and it took me a long time to get myself under 30 minutes for 5k. Keep at it consistently and you'll get there and beyond! 

On 2/11/2019 at 7:37 PM, Yasha92 said:

That update is so RangerBrainTM.

Run a race, see some friends, climbing walls, gym rings, noms, ALL THE THINGS!!

Yep these things seem to happen when you get a bunch of Rangers together :) 

On 2/16/2019 at 2:13 PM, Echoceanic said:

I just caught up so I'm late, but congratulations! You are not just a runner but an awesome runner :D 

I hope you have a nice weekend. 

Thanks I am really happy with where my running is right now.  The weekend was an incredible amount of fun and I really cannot wait to do it again! 

On 2/16/2019 at 3:11 PM, WhiteGhost said:

That sounds like a great way to spend the weekend. Hope you guys have a great time!

On 2/16/2019 at 4:37 PM, Kestrel Grey said:

I'm glad you all have each other's physical backs as well as figurative ones.  Go cause some mayhem this weekend and stay strong!

The weekend really was a lot of fun :) 

• Like 7

On 2/22/2019 at 6:26 AM, Salinger said:

Hope you are doing alright Jon?xx

I am managing :) I think that's the best I can put it. 

On 2/26/2019 at 2:44 AM, Maigs said:

Hey Jon, I'm glad you enjoyed your Ranger D&D session. I hope you're doing well

D&D was so much fun!  I really can't wait to do it again even if I need to wait for a few weeks before we can all get together again. 

tenor.gif?itemid=4929427

Okay. I've already tried to write this once and the fourm annoyingly bugged out and did something weird that I cannot explain. My mood has been really bad recently and the effort of writing an update here has been enough to keep me away. However I do want to say that I have not been isolating at all. Indeed I talk to @Rhovaniel, @Charlie_Quinn, @Jarric and  @Mr_Willes pretty much every day and I cannot thank them enough for the support they have shown. Even if I feel like all I have been doing recently is complaining about my mood. 

The week after the 10k race was really bad. All my workouts were skipped and food went down hill and into scary places. But I also started therapy. That is not a pleasant thing to begin and I'm going in with the express intention of digging into some extremely bad places. I don't really talk about it but I suspect that anyone who has read my posts across this board over the years can guess this. There is some trauma in my distant past and while I've already spent many years in therapy dealing with it there are some things I did not or could not face when I was trying to do it before. It has come towards the surface recently because of what this challenge is all about. I hate myself and I know why I do I just don't talk about it. Or didn't talk about it, would be more accurate and thus the reason for therapy. 

There was the D&D night at Charlie's place with CQ, Rho and Jarric. That was such a lot of fun and I had a really good time. I did have trouble sleeping on Charlie's sofa. Mostly because I hadn't drank quite enough beer to ward off the sleeping in a strange place panic attack that followed. I did get to sleep eventually but I didn't sleep much or very well. 

The OCR gym the next day wasn't great. I was a little hungover and my depression and self hatred was at an all time high (something triggered that but I'm not going to go into it).The OCR gym the next day wasn't great. I was a little hungover and my depression and self hatred was at an all time high (something triggered that but I'm not going to go into that).

Last week was a lot better. Food was still awful but I got to the gym and I got 4 out of my 5 runs in. Missing a run on Saturday but I did get a good 20 mile run in on Sunday :) Despite it being 20 miles it was a really nice run. The weather was amazingly beautiful for February and I thoroughly enjoyed it. The last long run I did the ground was covered in ice and despite my crampons I did manage to slip up on it. 

This week so far has been good. I've hit my workouts up to this point, 3 runs and 2 lifting sessions. I'm feeling good. Food is back in control I've decided to attempt to maintain a calorie deficit through March but I will stop trying to cut in April. 

This weekend we have the Winter Nuts Challenge. The first OCR of the year and it looks like I'm actually going to be able to get there this year! I'm running with @Rhovaniel and although CQ is also running we have a different start time. I've not gotten to run this one before (I couldn't get out of town because of the snow last year) so I'm really looking forward to it. 

I'm calling this 'big update done' I'll attempt to update a little more often on this challenge from here on out. I don't even know what week we are on. 

• Like 8

I'm glad you're having a good week so far this week!  I'm sorry to hear that your mood has been down.  I know how hard that is.  I hope it turns around for you soon.

Have fun at the run!  :-)

• Like 2

Glad things are trending upward for you. Therapy is never easy, but as they say, things worth doing rarely are easy. But you know this already. You’re doing lots of good things. Here’s to you continuing to move forward.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Good to see your update, especially to see that your fellow Rangers are keeping contact and making sure you are not left alone.  

I hope the therapy helps out and you can come to like yourself the way the rest of us do (which is very much and consistently so) :) 

• Like 1

Great job with all the hard work you have been doing.

And a very belated: WOW! AWESOME JOB ON THE 10K!

• Like 1

I saw that pic on IG, clearly you are in your element there :)   Everything about that picture is great: the smile, the power & confidence, the pose, all of it.  

• Like 1

On 3/2/2019 at 11:15 PM, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

I have never seen you happier in a picture than in that one.

I can't say that but we were at the end and I really was just playing in the mud :D 

On 3/3/2019 at 3:23 AM, Xena said:

And a very belated: WOW! AWESOME JOB ON THE 10K!

:) Thanks that really was the hardest I've ever run in one go. I was about ready to collapse at the end of that! 

On 3/3/2019 at 7:12 AM, Salinger said:

what an amazing photo!!! x

Yeah @Jarric, did a really good job with that picture! 

On 3/3/2019 at 4:13 PM, WhiteGhost said:

I saw that pic on IG, clearly you are in your element there :)   Everything about that picture is great: the smile, the power & confidence, the pose, all of it.  

Mud is indeed my element ;) 

22 hours ago, jstanlick said:

Looks like Winter Nuts was a success! 

Yeah but unfortunately I also came out of it with an injury so there is no running for me for a few days at least :( 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, jonfirestar said:

Yeah but unfortunately I also came out of it with an injury so there is no running for me for a few days at least :( 

Injury?!?

giphy.gif?cid=3640f6095c7eacc13964375067

Say it ain't so!! Sorry, man. Those are never a fun time.