• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

RES

RES: Can't get there overnight

@RES, yeah I had thought of saying a smacked bottom, but realised that some may enjoy that.

Even better is not having to explain what I meant.

Sent from my CPH1725 using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, scalyfreak said:

I'm getting the impression I am the alone one in this thread... *thoughtfully studies massive collection of colorful makeup* 

Makeup is fun! :) 

Don't get me wrong, I am super impressed with people who can use it well! It's just something I've never been very good at. Or had the patience to work on. I don't generally judge people who wear makeup, although sometimes I look at my daughter and think it's too much.

I'm a big fan of using things like make up and work clothes (suits for myself) as "battle armor" for confidence and the like. So power on!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sylvaa said:

Don't get me wrong, I am super impressed with people who can use it well! It's just something I've never been very good at. Or had the patience to work on. I don't generally judge people who wear makeup, although sometimes I look at my daughter and think it's too much.

I'm a big fan of using things like make up and work clothes (suits for myself) as "battle armor" for confidence and the like. So power on!

Using it "well" is a matter of opinion... makeup is subjective. :)

On work days, my makeup is war paint, and a part of the armor, but it has nothing to do with building confidence. It's about projecting the confidence that was already there. A small but critical difference. :)

• Like 5

I will definitely check out those pod casts.  I am looking for something different to motivate me on my runs.

Great goals by the way.

• Like 1

On 2/11/2019 at 11:45 PM, scalyfreak said:

I'm getting the impression I am the alone one in this thread... *thoughtfully studies massive collection of colorful makeup* 

Makeup is fun! :) 

I agree, I wear it when I have time, but when running around a ballpark in 90 degree heat it's a bit pointless :lol: 

On 2/12/2019 at 12:04 AM, Thom Stépan said:

@RES, yeah I had thought of saying a smacked bottom, but realised that some may enjoy that.

Even better is not having to explain what I meant.

On my thread it's a given that some (or hell, at least me! LOL) would ;)

On 2/12/2019 at 10:45 AM, motely said:

I will definitely check out those pod casts.  I am looking for something different to motivate me on my runs.

Awesome, glad I could help! :) 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, RES said:

I agree, I wear it when I have time, but when running around a ballpark in 90 degree heat it's a bit pointless :lol:

Nonsense. Apply dark smokey eye shadow, go heavy on eyeliner and mascara, and enjoy the slow melting into the time honored and much loved Deranged Racoon look. B)

• Haha 3

6 hours ago, scalyfreak said:

Nonsense. Apply dark smokey eye shadow, go heavy on eyeliner and mascara, and enjoy the slow melting into the time honored and much loved Deranged Racoon look. B)

I already act like one...would just be overkill to look like one at this point :lol: 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I did learn about some makeup when my mother went to a workshop when I was a kid. To me it was like paint, so it was fun. 

Now men beauty product rises very quickly. And I won't be surprised if one day men have to wear makeup to work too. (I just hope to retire before that.)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BardicGarlic said:

I did learn about some makeup when my mother went to a workshop when I was a kid. To me it was like paint, so it was fun. 

Now men beauty product rises very quickly. And I won't be surprised if one day men have to wear makeup to work too. (I just hope to retire before that.)

I know some who do :lol: I also remember the 80's ...I think more men wore eyeliner then than women!

I fear I've neglected my thread again...been a tough week challenge-wise

The plan....

1. Three runs, at least one strength training a week Strength done (with my trainer) runs...ummm..no...started with the plan at week 1 day 1 again today

2. Eat on plan, only when I'm hungry, stop when I'm full This went well, with yesterday as the exception...been tracking again using Cronometer because it has a lot of the features I was looking for that MyFitnessPal didn't have. I'm thinking of getting the paid version (though the free one is more than adequate) because it can give you suggestions on items to make up your macros based on how you eat (Keto, Paleo, Etc...) weight fluctuated but still ended up losing overall this week

3. Keep up here, post on my own thread at least once a week, and try to sleep (season is soon, sleep will be a challenge), take time for crochet projects and working through my kindle list each day. Well I did post once on my own thread! Sleep has been good (because I've been skipping the gym in the morning) Finished a couple kindle books, working on crochet in the evening while re-watching GOT, got drawers organized, couple thing crossed off the 'getting ready for season' list at work. 45 more days!!

I did something today I haven't done in a while. I belong to several groups on facebook, one of them is talked about in the Phit n Phat podcast, anyone who's listened to her knows she's all about journaling (she calls it TDL or thought download) this is something I've struggled with in recent years...I used to blog years ago but it fell by the wayside as things got busier in my life about 15 years ago. Someone posted this in the group the other day and I thought "I'm going to use that" wow did I! 3 pages later... :lol: 

nBE0ZVp.jpg 

• Like 9

19 hours ago, Thom Stépan said:

Stay strong, keep going.

Sent from my CPH1725 using Tapatalk

Thank you...one step at a time!

8 hours ago, T2sarahconnor said:

Keep it up. Remember even one thing that you do different counts to a better you.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Thank you twin! I keep trying to remember that!

3 hours ago, Mistr said:

Nice to hear that Cronometer and journaling are working for you. What is your current crochet project?

Only day 2 of journaling, so far so good! I had 3 co-workers that had baby girls in the last year, I'm working on crocheting baby blankets :D 

Which I'm particularly enjoying since I had all boys :lol: 

• Like 3