Goal max benchpress: 100kg. 

Quest: More important muscles. 

Goal: Read 150 pages in Dutch. 

Tasks: 

- Get in one more meal more than usual. 

- Go to the gym 4-5-6 days a week. 

- Buy a Dutch novel and read 50 pages/week

• Like 1

Hey @Ascended, can I suggest that you make your goals a litttle more specific so that you can measure your success more easily.  “Eat a lot” might be what you need to do, but how do you gauge your progress?  It’s a lot easier to see how you’ve performed on a task if you can track it, for example by aiming for a certain number of calories per day, a certain amount of protein, or a certain number of meals + snacks.  The same could be done with your reading.  You could say that you want to read X number of pages a day, for X number of minutes a day, or X number of days a week.  

That way you have a definitive answer to the question of “did I achieve that goal this week,” rather than waiting until the end of the 4 weeks.  Most people find that the more often they come back to update their challenge threads, the more they stick to the challenge even if it goes wrong, which does happen (but even that can still be a really useful learning situation!). 

Good luck!

• Like 3

@GuzziYou're right, I made them a little S.M.A.R.T.er now! 

I feel it could just be such as: after week 1, I should probably be 78. Makes sense to me, since I am drinking more protein and getting more meals. I am a bit too lazy to count my macros, but I do get the feeling of constantly stuffing myself, so it must be working!

• Like 1

Do you have a lifting program you follow, or are you creating your own? The bench press is such a satisfying lift, but it definitely goes further if you do other lifts along with it.

• Like 1

4th day in a row at the gym. Ate so much yesterday, that I fell asleep as soon as I opened my book. That's how you know you eat a lot :D

@scalyfreak I hit every muscle group twice a week, only free weight. #no_machines I feel like that helps the most. Planning to start bjj again soon, so we will see how gym fits in the schedule now :D

• Like 1

Welcome to the rebellion! Good job on making the goals more specific. To echo a bit what scalyfreak said, having a plan when you hit the gym/weights will help a lot too. Tracking that can show you where you've 'leveled up' and what you may need to work on.

• Like 1

Recap of Week 0:

Doing well on going to the gym (5 times that week) and eating a lot. My friends look at me weird, when I am just noming food all the time. 

Bought a book, but it's boring as hell and fall asleep after every page. That's helping with the gaining weight goal :D

2/3 on track. 

• Like 2

On 2/6/2019 at 9:27 PM, motely said:

Following to root in a fellow newbie

I know it's a typo, I still laughed way too hard at this!

On 2/11/2019 at 4:53 AM, Ascended said:

Bought a book, but it's boring as hell and fall asleep after every page. That's helping with the gaining weight goal :D

You're also giving the information time to settle in your brain :lol: 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Howdy Ascended, I like the focus on bulking up. I've got that goal in common with you. I couldn't do 5x week at the gym, so I respect that. I'm more of a 3x week guy. I'd love to see some before and after of video/pic progress. Glad the first week is going strong and that you have specified your goals. I will definitely keep following to help encourage you to keep the pace up.

• Like 1