Lateral Planet Holds the Line

Lateral Planet

Hi everyone! I've been hanging out with the Rebels for the last year or so, but I thought a change of scenery would do me good :D 

The line = 73.5kg. This is what I weighed when I picked out my wedding dress a week ago, so now the prime directive is to hold this line and not exceed the limit. It won't arrive until May, and the wedding is not until September, but if I can maintain good habits until then (and forever after that) there will be a lot less anxiety around alterations etc to deal with.

Exercise

1) Do any exercise every day

2) Do a major exercise 3x a week (Zombies Run mission or full home workout)

3) Be stealthy

Nutrition

4) Maximum of 25g of sugar each day

5) Earn your sugar allowance

6) Two bottles of water each day (and no liquid calories)

So my main focus is to exercise more and to eat less chocolate (the basics of healthy living I seem to have been struggling with lately)

It's a bit childish, but I'm going to bribe myself to get a better balance. Basically, for every 10 reps (of whatever exercise) I do, I can have 5g of sugar, up to a daily maximum of 25g, which is the recommended daily intake of added sugars. I know 10 squats is not enough work to offset a teaspoon of sugar, but this is all about enticing myself to just get in the habit of doing the squats in the first place.

I'm also going to have to be stealthy, because this challenge also includes the first crazy work weeks of the year. My roster is just going to be bizarre for a couple of weeks, which makes it hard to get into a regular routine. So I'm going to encourage myself to seize opportunities for exercises as they turn up. Do some squats in a toilet cubicle. Do some pushups against the kitchen counter while waiting for rice to boil. Do something, dangit!

Good luck everyone :D:D Also, this has been in my head since I thought up the title, so now it's in yours too ;)

• Like 6
10 hours ago, Echoceanic said:

Hi! And good luck to you too.

Thanks! I'm off to a good start so far. Yesterday I had Weetbix for breakfast (Australian cereal that needs two sugars to be palatable) so I made sure to do two sets of 10 squats during the day to earn that sugar. And it was quite a hot day so there was no trouble having two bottles of water. No chance of a walk because a massive thunderstorm dominated the evening, but I still feel good for having done some exercise in the day!

• Like 2

Tuesday has been good; I followed all the rules! Got to work early and I squeezed in some lunges and squats before the others started to arrive. Had Weetbix for breakfast again and a tea with two sugars. I know I said no liquid calories but I was starting to feel pretty lousy after lunch and thought a cuppa would help. I might be coming down with a cold, which is super annoying! 

• Like 3
On 2/4/2019 at 2:16 PM, Lateral Planet said:

It won't arrive until May, and the wedding is not until September, but if I can maintain good habits until then

And we will all be here trying our best to keep you in line, holding the line ;)

19 hours ago, Lateral Planet said:

Tuesday has been good; I followed all the rules!

Seet that's kicking off the challenge right!

19 hours ago, Lateral Planet said:

I know I said no liquid calories but I was starting to feel pretty lousy after lunch and thought a cuppa would help.

Curious? Did it help?

• Like 2

... a little odd in the head ...

3 hours ago, Mr_Willes said:

And we will all be here trying our best to keep you in line, holding the line ;)

Thanks! Honestly I'm a bit nervous; there have never been real consequences of weight change beyond the "Oh darn" moment when suddenly my jeans didn't fit anymore. So I'm determined to keep a close watch on things!

3 hours ago, Mr_Willes said:

Curious? Did it help?

Well it made me happy, which was the goal, but it didn't stop me developing a cold :( I took today off work and spent it on the couch instead. Haven't done any exercise, but my tastebuds are malfunctioning so I haven't really been in the mood for chocolate anyway

• Like 1
On 2/9/2019 at 2:21 PM, Calibre said:

Following for all the amazing successes!

Thanks! It's been a bit of a slow start. I fully intended to make a headstart in Week 0 but falling ill on Wednesday totally derailed that plan! I took two days off work and basically just cancelled all exercise until Sunday afternoon, when we took the dog for a walk.

I'm ready to start properly tomorrow, though! Week 1 will be interesting; it's our first really busy work week since early December. I won't feel much like exercising after several hours of overtime so I plan to do some sneaky sets throughout the day. Hopefully it won't take long to get the hang of those crazy days again and Week 1 will go much more smoothly! 

• Like 2
8 hours ago, Bean Sidhe said:

Hey, I found you. Glad to hear the honeymoon got booked. I am sorry you fell on Weds. I hope your feeling better.

I will try to pop in and say Hi occasionally.

Hi Bean, thanks for visiting! I thought I'd shake things up a bit by hanging out in a different guild for a while, but I still plan to lurk around the Rebels ;)

• Like 1
Thanks! It's been a bit of a slow start. I fully intended to make a headstart in Week 0 but falling ill on Wednesday totally derailed that plan! I took two days off work and basically just cancelled all exercise until Sunday afternoon, when we took the dog for a walk.

I'm ready to start properly tomorrow, though! Week 1 will be interesting; it's our first really busy work week since early December. I won't feel much like exercising after several hours of overtime so I plan to do some sneaky sets throughout the day. Hopefully it won't take long to get the hang of those crazy days again and Week 1 will go much more smoothly! 
I know the feeling. The best plans get caught up in a change of normalcy. I'm ready to get some normalcy back in my routine. Week 1 will be excellent!
  • Like 2

Chris // Sorcerer Trainee

Current Challenge: Calibre Goes Into The Mystic Realm

"There's no one I'd rather be than me." -- Wreck-It Ralph

2019 Weight Progress: 320.2 (Down 1.8) 3.18.19

It's Monday and time for the weekly weigh-in. If only I could tell my body that Week 0 was cancelled and therefore all the pizza and chocolate I had over the weekend doesn't count ;) Oh well, I'm not too far off my goal so I'm not going to worry about it, but I definitely resolve to behave better this week.

49 minutes ago, Calibre said:

I know the feeling. The best plans get caught up in a change of normalcy. I'm ready to get some normalcy back in my routine. Week 1 will be excellent!

Yes! I was lying around at home for two days thinking, "I have so much free time right now, if only I could use it for exercise!" My last challenge was a bit half-assed just because it was too hot to do anything more strenuous than lie comatose in front of the fan (Aussie summers suck, yo). But now things are back to normal and I'm ready to kick butt!

• Like 2
1 hour ago, NicTheRugger said:

Awesome goals! What's your "be stealthy" challenge about?

It's mostly about being opportunistic but "stealthy" sounds cooler ;) Basically I'm trying to teach myself to find time to exercise. For example, this week I plan to just do a couple of sets intermittently throughout the day, rather than exhaust myself with a huge workout just before a 12-hour shift. Of course if I have enough for both that would be great! But I'm starting small, especially since I haven't done a lot of exercising at all in the last couple of weeks.

So far today I've already done two sneaky sets of 10 squats while I had the office to myself. I've also got some cooking to do later this afternoon and I can probably squeeze in some exercises while I keep an eye on the stove. It's probably not all that efficient, strength-wise, to have such huge gaps between sets, but at this point if I can make time for any exercises at all that's a big win for me!

• Like 3
8 hours ago, Lateral Planet said:

Oh well, I'm not too far off my goal so I'm not going to worry about it, but I definitely resolve to behave better this week.

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor behave austin powers gif

You know what, looking back, you need to make this getting sick a good thing, it was just a low which makes you ready for a high this week!

Extra determination to...

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor kick gif

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor monday gif

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor butt gif

• Like 2

... a little odd in the head ...

34 minutes ago, Mr_Willes said:

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor behave austin powers gif

You know what, looking back, you need to make this getting sick a good thing, it was just a low which makes you ready for a high this week!

Extra determination to...

Classic! You're right, it was good for me to just chill for a couple of days, and now I'm fully refreshed and ready to focus up :)

• Like 1

Sadly, Monday afternoon is kind of kicking my butt. My car had a flat tyre, and luckily I was able to get it as far as the servo and they fixed it for me. But the delay meant dealing with the rush hour traffic. And I dropped the lid of my pasta/rice saucepan, and it shattered into a million tiny pieces. So I just spent 45 minutes carefully sweeping and vacuuming the whole kitchen and dining area and I'm no longer in the mood for cooking. 

On the plus side, it's Fiancé's turn to make dinner anyway; I was just going to do my meal prep for the rest of the week. I have loads of time to do the cooking tomorrow before work so I won't go hungry. And I managed not to hurt myself John McClane-style navigating all that broken glass. But I'm just going to relax for a couple of hours because if I don't do anything nothing else can go wrong :P

• Like 1
14 hours ago, Lateral Planet said:

Hi Bean, thanks for visiting! I thought I'd shake things up a bit by hanging out in a different guild for a while, but I still plan to lurk around the Rebels ;)

I totally get it. We are around if you need us.

10 hours ago, Lateral Planet said:

It's mostly about being opportunistic but "stealthy" sounds cooler ;) Basically I'm trying to teach myself to find time to exercise. For example, this week I plan to just do a couple of sets intermittently throughout the day, rather than exhaust myself with a huge workout just before a 12-hour shift. Of course if I have enough for both that would be great! But I'm starting small, especially since I haven't done a lot of exercising at all in the last couple of weeks.

So far today I've already done two sneaky sets of 10 squats while I had the office to myself. I've also got some cooking to do later this afternoon and I can probably squeeze in some exercises while I keep an eye on the stove. It's probably not all that efficient, strength-wise, to have such huge gaps between sets, but at this point if I can make time for any exercises at all that's a big win for me!

This makes complete sense. This is actually what I do with my entire challenge. I don't have time to commit a huge chunk of time to one thing, but I can squeeze something in here, then in there. you will be surprised what you can get done when you say "I have 5 minutes, time to make use of them"

• Like 1

Current Challenge ---> Bean Si Vs Chaos No energy for a title

You are never too old to set another goal or dream a new dream - C.S. Lewis

11 hours ago, Lateral Planet said:

that is awesome. I love this!

• Like 2

Level 4, Amazon Ranger

Current Challenge:  NicBot-5000 enters Recovery Mode

Previous Challenges: 12, 3,  4, 5, 6

PRE REBOOT CHALLENGES: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Various links and sundry: Battle log, Respawn post

11 hours ago, Bean Sidhe said:

This makes complete sense. This is actually what I do with my entire challenge. I don't have time to commit a huge chunk of time to one thing, but I can squeeze something in here, then in there. you will be surprised what you can get done when you say "I have 5 minutes, time to make use of them"

10 hours ago, NicTheRugger said:

that is awesome. I love this!

I'm pretty sure it's something Steve has recommended before, although off the top of my head I couldn't tell you in which article. But it's working for me so far!

On Monday I managed three sets of sneaky squats and a sprint to the mailbox to retrieve Fiancé's birthday present before he noticed. We have a pretty long driveway so I reckon that counts ;) On the downside, I had to buy a $9 glass of juice so that I could sit in the shade while waiting for my car, so I probably blew my sugar budget anyway.

Tuesday is going well so far. I managed to do my cooking without destroying any more kitchenware, and I did what I would call a full workout while doing it! That's three sets each of squats, pushups against the kitchen counter, lunges and planks. I'm sooo out of practice with pushups. I was on a roll woth knee pushups a couple of months ago and then I just... stopped? Might be time to resurrect that challenge I think.

• Like 2

Sure glad I did a full workout this morning, because my coworkers have been baking! I don't know the exact sugar content of a homemade mini marshmallow, but I did my best to exercise (ha!) restraint so as not to exceed my limit two days in a row. I also managed to do some extra squats during the day just for good measure. 

The weather continues to be generally unfavourable for exercising in. Today there have been severe winds and a massive dust cloud hovering over the city, and they've actually put out an official health warning for those with breathing difficulties  (asthmatics like me) to stay indoors and not do anything too strenuous. Not that my work roster this week allowed for running anyway, so I'm not missing out on much. But my stealthy method of a handful of exercises every now and then won't do any harm.

• Like 2

I am glad the steathly exercises are working. Good luck avoiding the baked goods. That is always the hardest, especially when they hand you one going "Here, no really here." I have yet to find a good answer for that.

Good luck with the weather. hopefully the wind calms down in a day or 2

• Like 1

Current Challenge ---> Bean Si Vs Chaos No energy for a title

You are never too old to set another goal or dream a new dream - C.S. Lewis