• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Mad Hatter

Mad Hatter is too impatient to come up with a fancy title

No shiny theme, I just want to keep going and ride the positive momentum from last challenge. No time to lose! :) 

giphy.gif

This challenge will be quite similar to the last one, little goals but with a sprinkle of shiny this time. 

HABIT GOALS 

Sleep

I tried waking up at a certain time last challenge but it failed miserably. I'm going to try something else this time.

• Aim to go to bed at 10 pm, unless I'm hanging out with friends or something like that. Actual bedtime before 11 pm is good though. 
  • Get out of bed as soon as I wake up, unless I'm reading a book. Even if it's 5 am like today. It's an experiment, but I suspect that getting too few quality hours is better than adding a few rubbish snoozing hours with the added benefit that hopefully I'll sleep better the next day.

Doodle

I finally started to pick up drawing last year, aaaand then I dropped it. I'm going to set a reaaally easy goal and that is to draw daily, but even drawing something like 5 circles count.

Every day is glute day

Do my shiny new flexy program 2x/week. Preferably the whole thing every Tuesday and Thursday. But if I don't have time one day it's fine to complete the modules on a different day.

Old stuff

Keep doing my daily morning warm up and make sure to eat breakfast as that worked really well last challenge.

BONUS SHINY GOALS

Attempt to learn the fish flop

Try to learn the exotic pole routine I started learning

Pole PvP with @lucky fire dragon!

I'm also going to keep my positive actions list from last challenge, but I'm going to do an experiment where I post one negative thing along with the positive, plus a fix on how to make it better either the next day or a future challenge.

• Like 12

37 minutes ago, Mad Hatter said:

I finally started to pick up drawing last year, aaaand then I dropped it. I'm going to set a reaaally easy goal and that is to draw daily, but even drawing something like 5 circles count.

I need to do something simple like this for my sketching challenge. I keep avoiding it because I feel overwhelmed so I need to set the bar really, really low

39 minutes ago, Mad Hatter said:

Attempt to learn the fish flop

Doooooo iiiiiitttttttt. They are not nearly as tricky as they look and really fun.  I get the fear part, though. I have a similar problem with back handsprings

Yay awesome to have youuuuu all!

40 minutes ago, WhiteGhost said:

Doooooo iiiiiitttttttt. They are not nearly as tricky as they look and really fun.  I get the fear part, though. I have a similar problem with back handsprings

Yes the movement is relatively simple, I did manage it on a squishy mat. Well on my right side. :) The challenge will be to get the muscle memory to muster up the nerves to do it on the floor. We'll see!

42 minutes ago, WhiteGhost said:

I keep avoiding it because I feel overwhelmed so I need to set the bar really, really low

Me too. And because I suck. :P 

Oh and another fun thing!

I was chatting to my colleague and she was being super indecisive about how to plan her trip home to Iran. What she really wants to do is to travel around the country but if her husband won't come with her she'll end up hanging out with her family instead and yada yada doesn't really matter. Long story short, I suggested that I come with her and travel together! And she loooved the idea so we're going to Iran around Easter! I'M SO EXCITED!!! :D @@mu talk about THE WORST TIMING. But if you have any suggestions on what to see and do I'm all ears!

• Like 7

33 minutes ago, Mad Hatter said:

And because I suck. 

Rubbish, I've seen your sketches and they were pretty good

32 minutes ago, Mad Hatter said:

This week is like Christmas! 

Is that a squat rack? :wub:

21 minutes ago, Mad Hatter said:

we're going to Iran around Easter!

Wow, sooo cool!!!

Just now, WhiteGhost said:

Rubbish, I've seen your sketches and they were pretty good

But they're sooooo far away from the images I'd like to be able to create! So far off in fact that I don't even know what they'd be like. :P 

1 minute ago, WhiteGhost said:

Is that a squat rack? :wub:

IT IS!!! Our office gym has arrived! :D Gonna work on that parkour POWAAAA!

• Like 1

Yay for keeping up the momentum! Interested to see how your getting up as soon as you wake up challenge goes. I wake up early and then try and get back to sleep, usually unsuccessfully. It would be better to just get up. I'll wait until it's brighter outside in the morning to try though

32 minutes ago, Elastigirl said:

Yay for keeping up the momentum! Interested to see how your getting up as soon as you wake up challenge goes. I wake up early and then try and get back to sleep, usually unsuccessfully. It would be better to just get up. I'll wait until it's brighter outside in the morning to try though

I’ve been doing this a lot lately too, but I tend to end up more groggy and tired unless I can fall asleep properly. Which I seldom can. 

• Like 1

Btw the reason why the dip station is outside the gym is because my boss was a genius and assembled it in the kitchen before realising it wouldn’t fit through the door. :D That’s fine, means more handstand space for meeeee.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

41 minutes ago, Mad Hatter said:

Oh and another fun thing!

I was chatting to my colleague and she was being super indecisive about how to plan her trip home to Iran. What she really wants to do is to travel around the country but if her husband won't come with her she'll end up hanging out with her family instead and yada yada doesn't really matter. Long story short, I suggested that I come with her and travel together! And she loooved the idea so we're going to Iran around Easter! I'M SO EXCITED!!! :D @@mu talk about THE WORST TIMING. But if you have any suggestions on what to see and do I'm all ears!

OMG!! you're kidding right!?? why why!!!:hopelessness::D But it's fantastic! Iran is brilliant for tourism, there is so much to see and experience (and eat :P ). It's also a very good season to go because the weather will be nice (not too hot). Your colleague is Iranian right? so I'm sure she will cook up some awesome plan for you and you will be able to go to even more interesting places!

In the usual "must see", I personally really like Yazd, possibly more than Esfahan or Shiraz. If you go in that area, Persepolis and Naqshe Rostam are not far of course. Kurdistan is also beautiful if you have a chance, and Qeshm as well. It's an island in the Persian gulf (Kish Island is more Dubai-style, not exactly very attractive as far as I am concerned, but Qeshm is not like that).

Of course, you can also climb up the ASSASSINS' infamous Alamut ;)  the real one :lol:

In Tehran (or elsewhere actually), you could go to a concert, I think that could be an interesting experience whether it's traditional or modern. There are also loads of cafes with their own programmes. On the fitness tourism side,  you could also visit a Zur Khaneh. They are not all open to the public and not all to women, but some are (I went into one in Yazd to watch their training and they were totally fine with it). They also do shows sometimes. Ah, in Tehran, if you can have a look at Joome Bazaar (Parvaneh,  near Saadi metro station), it's brilliant and very busy. it's open every Friday, you have to go fairly early morning. It's a mix of a flea / crafts market.

It will also probably be one of the CHEAPEST holidays you ever had, honestly (unfortunately for us but enjoy!).

In any case, here is a big warm welcome from a handstand fellow :)

b859c964e12834b03b36e704708a7902.thumb.jpg.0098cf84ded9df11ed3a21638e636217.jpg

And what a programme you have for this challenge! It looks very very exciting :surprise:

25 minutes ago, Mad Hatter said:

Btw the reason why the dip station is outside the gym is because my boss was a genius and assembled it in the kitchen before realising it wouldn’t fit through the door. :D That’s fine, means more handstand space for meeeee.

That's brilliant!!! And very pretty L-sit!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

We'll have none of that. We don't talk about ourselves that way. :) 

Yes sir :P 

To be fair I didn't mean it very seriously. Or rather, I'm ok with the fact that I'll be sucking for a very long time relative to my standards. But that only means I better get started!

1 hour ago, raptron said:

OFFICE PLAYTIME!!!

YEAAAAHH! I wonder how much lower my productivity can plummet. :D I'm quite looking forward to a remote day tomorrow just so I can do some work haha.

1 hour ago, @mu said:

OMG!! you're kidding right!?? why why!!!:hopelessness::D But it's fantastic! Iran is brilliant for tourism, there is so much to see and experience (and eat :P ). It's also a very good season to go because the weather will be nice (not too hot). Your colleague is Iranian right? so I'm sure she will cook up some awesome plan for you and you will be able to go to even more interesting places!

In the usual "must see", I personally really like Yazd, possibly more than Esfahan or Shiraz. If you go in that area, Persepolis and Naqshe Rostam are not far of course. Kurdistan is also beautiful if you have a chance, and Qeshm as well. It's an island in the Persian gulf (Kish Island is more Dubai-style, not exactly very attractive as far as I am concerned, but Qeshm is not like that).

Of course, you can also climb up the ASSASSINS' infamous Alamut ;)  the real one :lol:

In Tehran (or elsewhere actually), you could go to a concert, I think that could be an interesting experience whether it's traditional or modern. There are also loads of cafes with their own programmes. On the fitness tourism side,  you could also visit a Zur Khaneh. They are not all open to the public and not all to women, but some are (I went into one in Yazd to watch their training and they were totally fine with it). They also do shows sometimes. Ah, in Tehran, if you can have a look at Joome Bazaar (Parvaneh,  near Saadi metro station), it's brilliant and very busy. it's open every Friday, you have to go fairly early morning. It's a mix of a flea / crafts market.

It will also probably be one of the CHEAPEST holidays you ever had, honestly (unfortunately for us but enjoy!).

In any case, here is a big warm welcome from a handstand fellow :)

b859c964e12834b03b36e704708a7902.thumb.jpg.0098cf84ded9df11ed3a21638e636217.jpg

And what a programme you have for this challenge! It looks very very exciting :surprise:

That's brilliant!!! And very pretty L-sit!

I KNOW RIGHT!!! I can't BELIEVE the timing, I'm so gutted! But I'm really, really excited, it's going to be super interesting. And yes I've made sure to let my friend know that FOOD is going to be a big priority haha. :D Yes she's Iranian so it's going to be amazing to have someone that know the culture and the language. We're going to try to come up with some sort of rough itinerary, she has a long list of places that she'd like to visit and my job will basically be to cull it down. :P She did already mention Yazd and Persepolis and both look really cool! I'll make sure to check out the stuff on your list, thanks so much for the tips. Going to a concert and the training are awesome ideas!

I love the handstand fellow! 

1 hour ago, Jett said:

Following~!

Yay office gym! And here's to keeping that momentum going! :)

Yay! :D 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Mike Wazowski said:

Yay office gym!

It's going to be a blast!

Though I couldn't believe that I of all people was the one that had to demonstrate how to use a squat rack, when I know nothing about lifting. :o Turns out that hanging out with warrior types has rubbed off. :P 

• Like 3

TOO MUCH HYPE! 

How am I supposed to go to bed early when there are so many exciting things happening AND I just came back from parkour and it was awesome??? 

We did kongs and lazy vaults and pop vaults and tick tacks off of narrow ledges and swings and words that probably mean nothing to you! :D And let's be real playing the floor is lava almost every week is bringing me endless joy. Because the FLOOR IS LAVA!

Now when I left the class it felt like I could be going for at least another hour but now when I sat down for a bit I noticed that my butt is already getting kinda sore. Which I feel might end up the theme of this challenge so I apologise in advance. :D 

Positive actions

• Parkour!
  • Holiday plans!
  • Helped set up the office gym
  • Ate a bunch of tasty homemade food with all the veg
  • Set up new challenge
  • Went through all the instructional videos for my new program, counts as my morning warm up today
  • Meditated
  • Spent a few minutes tidying while waiting for my tea

Negative action

• Didn't plan for drawing, but it's day zero and will do it tomorrow.

Status

• Go to bed already 0/6 - I think backdating will be easier but won't count yesterday's bedtime as that would be cheating :P
  • Get out of bed already 1/7 - 5 am le sigh.... But I felt great all day.
  • Doodle 0/7
  • Flexy 0/2
  • Breakfast 1/7
  • Morning warm up 1/7

• Like 8

Here for this! Really enjoyed your last challenge, so I'm happy the theme is not only continuing but expanding with even a dash of shiny! :)

Love the office gym! Wish I had a gym at my office..eh.. x) We should do some sort of "every time you go to the bathroom" type challenge. 

24 minutes ago, KB Girl said:

Here for this! Really enjoyed your last challenge, so I'm happy the theme is not only continuing but expanding with even a dash of shiny! :)

Love the office gym! Wish I had a gym at my office..eh.. x) We should do some sort of "every time you go to the bathroom" type challenge. 

Just a dash of shiny! Trying to learn that basics come first, shinies second. :P 

Heh :D Yes that would be fun! Maybe next challenge round, I'm already getting a bit LOOK SQUIRREL around here haha. 

• Like 1