• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Mad Hatter

Mad Hatter is too impatient to come up with a fancy title

12 hours ago, Happienumber said:

You are having so many more wins than losses this week. Even though you felt you weren't getting it together, you're really having a statistically good week ;P 

True! Even if I don't manage to have everything under control I'm still doing fun things. :) And it helps to focus on the good things rather than on the things I failed to do. Hence why I only post one negative action per day. :P 

YUM. Real maple syrup is the only maple syrup  :D Ever tried grade B maple syrup? 

I had to google the grading scales and it looks like this stuff is (former) grade B, it's super dark and super delicious!

Do you drink coffee? And if so, how do you brew your coffee? I do my meditation while my coffee is steeping- is there some time like that where you can fit it in that's otherwise a "waiting" time?

French press, but I like doing the 20 minute meditations which would not be so great for the coffee. :D But it's a great idea for shorter meditations.

HAHAHAH yes, yes it is. What parts of it are you breaking?

Oh uhm how do I answer this? Let me give an all level answer from no tech to all tech, pick the one that you feel comfortable with!

When you develop say a mobile app there are multiple layers to the application. There's the front end, which is the software running on the mobile device itself that the users directly interact with. There's the backend, which is the software running "behind the scenes" and handles things like business logic and data storage. This code runs on servers "in the cloud". These servers are one part of a larger infrastructure, containing for example databases, other types of specialized servers etc.

My job is writing backend code (mainly java), but now I've started to tinker both with the front end side and the infrastructure or devops side. The front end side in this case is our web tools, which is fun and easy. :) The devops side is a whole different ball game as our infrastructure is rather complex with many moving parts. This is the part that I'm currently breaking. Obviously not in production (though I accidentally did that too in an unrelated incident  just then OOOPS)

Very specifically, I'm learning kubernetes (EKS), which we're in the process of migrating to, and terraform, also a new tool for us. So far I've only done very simple things, basically setting up a simple web server and have it communicating with the outside world, in the context of our own infrastructure. I don't really want to admit it, but it's actually kinda neat how it works! Especially compared to all the manual work that had to be done earlier.

• Like 1

Admirable week!

15 hours ago, Mad Hatter said:

before getting desperate to go outside as it was really nice and sunny. So I did, but it ended up the most awful walk ever. 

The roads were sooo slippery, it was all covered in slick ice with huge bumps which made it very unpredictable on top of the slipperiness. At one point I started walking up the tiniest incline and I literally couldn't take a step. So I ended up walking through the snow on the side, which was very crusty but only held my weight about every other step. The other step was a surprise whether my foot would fall through the snow to my ankles or to my knees. By the time I ended up at the cafe I wanted to eat lunch at I was sweaty and a bit grumpy because it just really wasn't pleasant. 

Sorry about that. Doesn't sound nice at all.

1 minute ago, zenLara said:

Admirable week!

Sorry about that. Doesn't sound nice at all.

Completely useless! Beautiful sunny weather and I can't even enjoy a walk. :( 

Here's what I got up to yesterday as part of the Pole Ninja PvP. I just love the thumbnail, thanks YouTube. :lol:

I both got interrupted and failed at filming the last shot, so this is a work in progress clip when I'm still trying to figure out what I even want to do. Oh well!

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Mad Hatter said:

Beautiful sunny weather and I can't even enjoy a walk.

You reminded me of an icelandic word: gluggavedur (weather that only looks nice if you're inside the house looking through the window) :D Do you have a similar word for that in your language?

Nice pole vid! Thanks for sharing!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, zenLara said:

You reminded me of an icelandic word: gluggavedur (weather that only looks nice if you're inside the house looking through the window) :D Do you have a similar word for that in your language?

Ha I love it! Not as far as I know. Though I do love these super specific words, I think this one in Finnish has been posted before but hey it's a classic. :D 

C4mv2hvW8AAzFZ6.jpg

• Haha 1

Hmm is there a word for when you're super excited about doing all the things but as soon as you try to move your body says hahahha NOPE?

If there isn't there should be, because it's me. I climbed HARD yesterday.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Mad Hatter said:

I think this one in Finnish has been posted before but hey it's a classic. :D 

I had seen it before, yes, but it makes me laugh every time :D 

7 minutes ago, Mad Hatter said:

is there a word for when you're super excited about doing all the things but as soon as you try to move your body says hahahha NOPE?

Mmmmm... shi-shi-shinydoms?

There should be a word for that, I'm sure it'd get used regularly :D

Glad you had that day where everything happened to get you back on track :) and it sounds like such a lovely day too - clean house, lunch with a friend and movement <3 

6 hours ago, zenLara said:

I had seen it before, yes, but it makes me laugh every time :D 

Mmmmm... shi-shi-shinydoms?

Something like that yeah. :D 

3 hours ago, KB Girl said:

There should be a word for that, I'm sure it'd get used regularly :D

Glad you had that day where everything happened to get you back on track :) and it sounds like such a lovely day too - clean house, lunch with a friend and movement <3 

Yes I'm glad too because I feel much calmer about the upcoming week and I could spend the whole day today not worrying about it.

Today I woke up really tired after climbing. I got up, ate first breakfast, then went back to bed for a few hours. After that I got back to yesterday's ridiculous energy levels - it's to the point where it's almost unpleasant, like I'm going to blow a fuse very soon... :unsure:

In the evening I went to open gym together with my work mate A and it was so much fun though! :lol: But believe it or not I was actually very adult about it. Even if I couldn't feel that my body is tired I know that I worked it really hard yesterday. So I made sure to avoid certain things that would be too high impact on my body, and my elbows in particular which feel a bit sore after all the dynos yesterday. Not my injury though, it's both of them, and they feel ok just like they need extra rest. It was really hard because I wanted to work on swings among other things!

Instead I worked a lot on balance and precision jumps and also on being really silly. I spun around on my butt (not a move), slid down obstacles (not a move) and did these ridiculous forward rolls that are super fun to do because you can pick up SO much speed when you link them together! They're like normal forward rolls except that instead of using your hands you keep your arms straight, and roll over with your hands between your legs so you're in a tiny ball. (Also not a real move) I also practiced parkour rolls after a bit of demoing from A and some dive rolls on the tumble track because fun. I also put together a miniature silly parkour line where I basically linked together multiple turn vaults in a circle.

Positive actions

• Longer meditation
  • Extra sleep
  • Took out my pastels!
  • Acro and parkour

Negative action - I procrastinated a lot again

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Oh and I did this for the first time! It ain’t pretty but hey I didn’t fall flat on my face and it kinda sorta looks like a thing! :D 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Mad Hatter said:

I had to google the grading scales and it looks like this stuff is (former) grade B, it's super dark and super delicious!

Yeessssssss. So superior :) 

French press, but I like doing the 20 minute meditations which would not be so great for the coffee

hahahah very true! I do the french press too but I only do 5-10 minute meditations. Hmmm... Is there anything else where you wait for like 20 minutes? For like....i don't know, something to come out of the dryer? (That's dumb LOL but I can't think of anything that takes 20 minutes!)

14 hours ago, Mad Hatter said:

(though I accidentally did that too in an unrelated incident  just then OOOPS)

Yeeek haha

14 hours ago, Mad Hatter said:

I'm learning kubernetes (EKS)

I'm digging into documentation on this (because why read something casually when you could open 16 tabs about it?) and my very first question that has persisted through the six pages I have so far read is, does EKS stand for "Elastic Container Service" because what the FRELL, container starts with a C. 

Please tell me I just havn't gotton to the point where they explain it was translated out of some language where it's spelled Kontainer or that is stands for something else???

6 hours ago, Mad Hatter said:

Oh and I did this for the first time! It ain’t pretty but hey I didn’t fall flat on my face and it kinda sorta looks like a thing! :D 

DEFINITLY a real move :D 

7 hours ago, Happienumber said:

I'm digging into documentation on this (because why read something casually when you could open 16 tabs about it?) and my very first question that has persisted through the six pages I have so far read is, does EKS stand for "Elastic Container Service" because what the FRELL, container starts with a C. 

Please tell me I just havn't gotton to the point where they explain it was translated out of some language where it's spelled Kontainer or that is stands for something else???

Isn't opening up ALL the tabs the everyone does it? :D 

Haha I suspect it's with a K simply because ECS is already taken, also by AWS. :P So the K is just to distinguish that the service is for kubernetes.

• Haha 1

Ahhhh, what a great weekend. :D 

I love that you are trying to temper all of the energy and things with the workouts you are getting in. And yay, one-armed cartwheels and open gym shenanigans like infinite forward rolls.

On 2/18/2019 at 3:41 AM, Mad Hatter said:

Haha I suspect it's with a K simply because ECS is already taken, also by AWS. :P So the K is just to distinguish that the service is for kubernetes.

Image result for thanks i hate it