• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

NicTheRugger

Nic Rangers Up!

The challenge is over! I didn't do as well as I would have liked this challenge, and definitely slacked off towards the end.

Goal 1: 

1-A: sadly, I didn't get to 4. However, I'm at the point where I can do 3 chinups consistently, so I'm confident that I should get to 4 within the next couple of weeks (and before my PFT date!). Even though I didn't technically succeed in this challenge, I'm still considering it a success.

1-B: I was sabotaged by my knee getting hurt in week 3, and once that happened, running wasn't much of a thing for that last week and a half. However, I did get some decent treadmill hill training in, so this wasn't a complete wash.

1-C: crunches. I didn't practice abs as often as I should, but I can do 100 in two minutes, so getting to 110 in 2 minutes is not that far off.

Goal 2:

2-A: A success! This was the challenge I did the best at. I practiced Polish almost every day.

2-B: I totally dropped the ball with French immersion. I think it was just too much to do on top of everything else. 

Goal 3: I did decrease in spending, even if I wasn't the most diligent in tracking my spending. The exception, of course, was my big mattress purchase, but that was so worth it

Goal 4: I've definitely been more mindful as a result of picking up journaling again. I'm going to try and keep building this habit going forward.

All in all, while this challenge wasn't a complete success, I'm still considering it a moderate success, in that I've made some improvement, even if it's not as much as I wanted. I also discovered where my limits are, in terms of both my body and my ability to study languages.

Things I'm doing for the next challenge:

I'm planning on kicking up my work outs to two a day so I can get to those 4 chin-ups/pull-ups, get 110 in crunches, and do as well on the run as I can as well as train in a way that gets me into shape for OCS if I'm selected. I have about 90 days to be OCS ready, so increasing my running now that my knee is better and increasing my pull-up training (gotta go back to Armstrong method), as well as starting hiking again now that the weather is getting warmer and doing more OCS-inspired or actual OCS workouts will help get me there. 

I also need to study for OCS. I've been told that learning as much of the academic material as I can before going will make my life a lot easier, because I'll be able to sleep instead of studying extra stuff. There will still be stuff I need to study, but this way, I can study the new material rather than the old material.

I want to continue practicing Polish and journaling. 

I think that's it for now! See you all in the next challenge. Thanks for joining me on this crazy ride! :D 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, NicTheRugger said:

All in all, while this challenge wasn't a complete success, I'm still considering it a moderate success, in that I've made some improvement, even if it's not as much as I wanted. I also discovered where my limits are, in terms of both my body and my ability to study languages.

This is such a good thing to hear. I'm glad you know how to adapt.

• Like 1