• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Rurik Harrgath

Ye Relatively New & Mostly Still Fancy Leaky Tankard: Ranger Guildhall Chat

Welcome one and all, to Ye Relatively New & Mostly Still Fancy Leaky Tankard: Ranger Guildhall for all of your general chatter needs and wants!

2K13-Apr-4-Tavern.1365002325.JPG

As has been tradition throughout our storied history (except those dark times when we were Guildhall-less), make yourselves comfortable while we wade our ways through Week Zero in preparation for the start of the second 4 Week Challenge cycle of 2019!  There's a rack by the door for your cloak and and armor, enchanted of course - if you find your personal stash overflowing with legendary gems, enchanted armor, or dungeon crawl detritus, and require us to store anything for you, ensure you hang onto your voucher to reclaim your items!  Also there will be a surcharge added to your Guild membership dues.

Officer Ranger Blacksmith Charsi is has upgraded her smithery workshop out back to Level 3 and can now readily craft just about any non-Legendary artifact, armor, or weapon.  Personally I wouldn't trust her with anything too shiny though, she's still refining her art (and never call her a Blunt Instrument if you value your teeth!)  Shem the traveling trinket merchant is back and has smartened up in an attempt to re-earn 'friendly neighborhood' back to that glamorous extended title.  Guildhall Management is reviewing the request this month. As with last month, Shem has set up a bazaar across the muddy road out front.  It seems to have expanded significantly, business must be good!

Ranger HQ is that beautiful (relatively) new rampart structure out in the courtyard (stop by to partake of that somewhat fresh new fortress smell) should you have questions or need anything of the Guild Leader or Ambassador team, and Innkeeper Bertrand can handle your nutrition, beverage, and entertainment needs as always!

BardsTaletavern.jpg

Glad to have you back, Rangers!  Pull up a chair and enjoy a song while we prepare ourselves to jump right into the February challenge!

• Like 9

*Miau slinks in and claims a spot under one of the corner tables, using one pompom like a beanbag chair and the other as a desk upon which to prop her notes, occasionally reaching into its floof to retrieve a tankard of chocolate milk from which to sip*

• Like 1

Cheetah saunters in, dressed in traveling clothes of sturdy buckskin and warm wool.  He sheds a knee-length forest-green wool cloak and matching wide-brimmed hat and hangs both on the rack by the door.  He meanders casually to the bar and hops up onto a stool.  "Cuppa tea and a bowl of stew, friend.  There's a chill out there!"

• Like 2

Hi there, I'm here to warp the time-space continuum with my 6 week challenge still ongoing from the start of the year.

Still not as dangerous as Cheetah's hats tho

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Cheetah said:

He sheds a knee-length forest-green wool cloak and matching wide-brimmed hat and hangs both on the rack by the door.

14 minutes ago, DarK_RaideR said:

Still not as dangerous as Cheetah's hats tho

At a nod from the Chaplain to the Bartender a button is pushed under the bar and out of sight of any of the patrons. A team with rather fancy looking sensors drops in from the ceiling and cordons off the area around the green wool hat, produces a replica, switches them, then ascends back into the ceiling, carefully handling the original hat the whole time. Seconds later, after a flash of Cherenkov radiation, the original hat reappears on the rack. Cheetah, having paid attention to none of this, grins for reasons even he does not comprehend. The chaplain edges away from the hat rack. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

A red Beagle trots into the hall, the white spreading across his face belies his age through his spritely, youthful demeanor. On his back is a pack harness with two things in it: a corked wine bottle, and a letter.

The Beagle puts his feet up on the side of the bar and wags his tail happily as the Bartender pats the dog's head and removes the items from the pack. After munching down a treat from the Bartender, the Beagle trots off into the unseasonably warm evening.

The Bartender unrolls the letter and reads:

Hello Rangers!

Due to events over the past several months, I've found myself in need of more than a little mental health self-care, so I will be spending this challenge cycle (and maybe the next...and maybe even the one after that) with the Druids. Hopefully, with their help, I'll be able to get things straightened out better than I've been able to so far on my own.

Good luck on your own challenges, Rangers!

-- DW

P.S. If you see @Thom Stépan, this is a bottle of mixed berry mead I made a few months ago. Please see that he gets it.

Attached to the bottle is a small card that reads:

A gift for your Sumbles and land spirits.

Skal!

• Like 5

Thom saunters in with his walking stick in hand and a smile on his face. With a nod towards the barkeep he takes his place at a table with several chairs. A decanter of scotch with several matching glasses on a beautiful silver tray is placed on the table. A bowl of stew full of beans and assorted vegetables is placed in front of Thom. After pouring himself a scotch Thom starts eating waiting for whichever Rangers are planning to join him.

Sent from my CPH1725 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

A red Beagle trots into the hall, the white spreading across his face belies his age through his spritely, youthful demeanor. On his back is a pack harness with two things in it: a corked wine bottle, and a letter.

The Beagle puts his feet up on the side of the bar and wags his tail happily as the Bartender pats the dog's head and removes the items from the pack. After munching down a treat from the Bartender, the Beagle trots off into the unseasonably warm evening.

The Bartender unrolls the letter and reads:

Hello Rangers!

Due to events over the past several months, I've found myself in need of more than a little mental health self-care, so I will be spending this challenge cycle (and maybe the next...and maybe even the one after that) with the Druids. Hopefully, with their help, I'll be able to get things straightened out better than I've been able to so far on my own.

Good luck on your own challenges, Rangers!

-- DW

P.S. If you see [mention=24485]Thom Stépan[/mention], this is a bottle of mixed berry mead I made a few months ago. Please see that he gets it.

Attached to the bottle is a small card that reads:

A gift for your Sumbles and land spirits.

Skal!

The bartender brings the bottle of mead over to Thom's table. Reading the note, Thom nods and sets the mead aside. It will be perfect for the Winterfylleth Sumble in a couple of moons time.

Sent from my CPH1725 using Tapatalk

• Like 3

5 hours ago, DarK_RaideR said:

Hi there, I'm here to warp the time-space continuum with my 6 week challenge still ongoing from the start of the year.

p9n30ojof79z.gif

You and me both, brother; but in my case, it's out of pure laziness toward brainstorming a new challenge theme and an appreciation for continuity.  ;)

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Rurik Harrgath said:

an appreciation for continuity.

I'd say it's mostly this, so stop punching yourself about being "lazy". Continuity is underappreciated, after all the Rebellion is about building consistent, sustainable habits. I think many of us find ourselves in that spot once we've got the eating and workouts mostly in order, there's not much to aim for besides ever more ambitious goals; the original rush and quick results are gone, the grind doesn't sound exciting and after a certain point, unless you're willing to sacrifice other life stuff or turn into a pro athlete, chasing some goals starts to take a toll on other stuff.

TL;DR version: you're fine, what you're doing is natural, stop selling yourself short

• Like 10

Kestrel wanders into the guildhall, shaking the layer of frost off her cloak.  She spies a comfy chair by the fire and wanders over.  A large pot of tea materialises on the table beside it, and she gratefully pours herself a cup as she stacks a small mountain of books beside it.  She looks around and smiles at her fellow Rangers as she settles in; she will be here a while.

I am not posting a thread this challenge as my only goals are related to my Battle Log and duplicating the information seems pointless.  I will be hanging out here though and dropping in on all you lovely people.

• Like 3

On 2/5/2019 at 4:21 AM, DarK_RaideR said:

I'd say it's mostly this, so stop punching yourself about being "lazy". Continuity is underappreciated, after all the Rebellion is about building consistent, sustainable habits. I think many of us find ourselves in that spot once we've got the eating and workouts mostly in order, there's not much to aim for besides ever more ambitious goals; the original rush and quick results are gone, the grind doesn't sound exciting and after a certain point, unless you're willing to sacrifice other life stuff or turn into a pro athlete, chasing some goals starts to take a toll on other stuff.

TL;DR version: you're fine, what you're doing is natural, stop selling yourself short

Aye, sir.  ;)

It's all about the grind.  No longer chasing unattainable results or achievements, merely content to keep slogging away on a daily basis to keep myself healthy!

On 2/5/2019 at 10:41 AM, Charlie_Quinn said:

I need this printed on a t shirt. 

Actually couldn't agree more!

• Like 3

I'm here! I still want stew. And pie. Pie would be great.

I need a new cloak in this establishment too. My increasing spherical-ness is somewhat disconcerting to people around me (and to me too, but that's another matter). Cloaks do an excellent job at hiding the fact that the very tired but also weirdly strong ranger stepping into their midst is, in fact, increasingly round and fetus-smuggling. Because I might fall over at any time. <sarcasm> Or cry. Or combust. Or something.

• Like 2

On 2/5/2019 at 6:41 PM, Charlie_Quinn said:

I need this printed on a t shirt. 

10 hours ago, Rurik Harrgath said:

Aye, sir.  ;)

[...[

Actually couldn't agree more!

Oh wow...

giphy.gif?cid=3640f6095c4bd3f471744f6567

• Like 3

A tall redheaded male enters the tavern, bits of ice melting off the ends of his cloak and bo staff. Small strings of herbs and leaves are dangling on the inside of the cloak and a pack full of tools on his back

"A pot of hot water, if you please" he says as he pulls a small roll out that contains some floral herbs and a mortar and pestle.

• Like 4

Nic sticks her head into the tavern, eyes watching for any familiar faces. Spotting Calibre, she grins and walks through the doorway. Dropping her heavy ruck (full of books, various mysterious items, and the last 2 editions of the New Yorker), she winces as the heavy thud of the ruck making contact with the floor. Loping over to the bar, she places her hand on the bar.

"Hi there, friend. Any chance this new ranger can grab a mug of tea and a bowl of spicy stew? And maybe a warm roll if possible?"

After getting her food and tea, she flips a coin to the barkeep and joins Calibre. It's good to see a fellow new Ranger, and Nic is looking forward to joining her fellow Rangers in their quests.

• Like 4

49 minutes ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Wait, we have to pay in here?

That was just a tip, surely not that much has changed in our guildhall <_<

• Like 3