• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Rurik Harrgath

Ye Relatively New & Mostly Still Fancy Leaky Tankard: Ranger Guildhall Chat

It takes nearly half an hour for anyone to notice the small form sitting on one of the tables in the far corner (which far corner? we never really know, there are so many), the hood of her black cloak pulled up around her face, mostly covered with a battered black mask. A flash of red catches the attention of a few as she pushes her cloak off one shoulder, revealing the bright, clean boned vest of the Temple Archers still underneath; and as if on cue, the barkeep makes his way back to her table, unable to keep laughter off his face.

"So," he says, crossing his arms in front of her as she sits up straight and tries to look nonchalant, "incognito this month, are we?"

"Never know who you might run into out there," she responds, the mask hiding her smile, but not the twinkle in her eyes. 

"Guess I'll have to drink this hazelnut coffee myself, since you can't drink it through that mask."

The small Ranger's eyes crinkle wider as she reaches out to accept the steaming mug that mysteriously appears in the barkeep's hands. "I'm full of surprises, my friend. You never know what I might do next."

"Just don't do it in my guildhall."

"I think your guildhall can handle whatever I cook up."

• Like 4

Emerald Eagle rolls in to the Guild Hall, late as seems to be her pattern recently. Enjoying the cool relief from the heat her hemisphere is experiencing she grabs a tankard of cool spring water and heads for a dark corner to lurk. Stopping half way to her destination she turns and plonks herself in the middle of a rowdy looking table .- part of this challenge is about re-connecting with the Ranger Corps, so I may as well begin as I intend to go on! *Cheers*

• Like 6

On February 5, 2019 at 3:24 PM, RES said:

The usual please barkeep

add_whiskey.gif?15593367251532229042

RES takes a seat next to @Thom Stépan and waits to see if her twin @T2sarahconnor is going to show up this challenge...she seems to have gone missing (again)

I am here!

On February 6, 2019 at 5:50 AM, Thom Stépan said:

@RES your twin will arrive. She will be drawn by the smell of the scotch. emoji6.png
@T2SarahConnor we are waiting for you gorgeous.

Sent from my CPH1725 using Tapatalk

You are so right about the scotch.

i hope to do you both proud this go around.

• Like 5

7 hours ago, T2sarahconnor said:

You always do :love_heart:

• Like 2

On 2/10/2019 at 7:58 PM, Sloth the Enduring said:

I never have. I bet I’ve rung up one Hell of a tab.

I’ve been covering your tab. One day you’ll be called upon to do cat-sitting in return. 

F24EE3E2-4136-4DB1-97DE-B5E831E4E073.gif

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

If the guildhall is still “mostly fancy” I feel like we haven’t been Rangering hard enough in here. 

I blame myself, really

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

Emerald Eagle rolls in to the Guild Hall, late as seems to be her pattern recently. Enjoying the cool relief from the heat her hemisphere is experiencing she grabs a tankard of cool spring water and heads for a dark corner to lurk. Stopping half way to her destination she turns and plonks herself in the middle of a rowdy looking table .- part of this challenge is about re-connecting with the Ranger Corps, so I may as well begin as I intend to go on! *Cheers*
Glad to have you join us Emerald Eagle.

And yes, for the silent Rangers we are the rowdy table.

• Like 2

You are so right about the scotch.

Ah, there she is,@RES. Your twin is here safe and sound.

You are amazing@T2sarahconnor, have no doubt about that.

Ladies meet Emerald Eagle, she wanted to join the rowdy table.

• Like 3

Quietly the door opens. Morag stumbles in, coat torn, pack dragged haphazardly over one shoulder, boots dirty. She's even more rumpled than usual. A bit worse for wear.
She leans heavily against the bar with a sigh, orders a meal and a drink and barely looks around at all.
Her nourishment arrives quickly, and after she wolves it down she falls into one of the big comfy chairs by the fire and is instantly fast asleep.

Sorry guys, I am here, but I am barely here, know what I mean?

Sent from my phone via Tapatalk

• Like 5

8 hours ago, DJtrippyT said:

If the guildhall is still “mostly fancy” I feel like we haven’t been Rangering hard enough in here. 

I blame myself, really

Let me add some more zazz, then...

• Like 1

On 2/10/2019 at 7:50 PM, NicTheRugger said:

Nic sticks her head into the tavern, eyes watching for any familiar faces. Spotting Calibre, she grins and walks through the doorway. Dropping her heavy ruck (full of books, various mysterious items, and the last 2 editions of the New Yorker), she winces as the heavy thud of the ruck making contact with the floor. Loping over to the bar, she places her hand on the bar.

"Hi there, friend. Any chance this new ranger can grab a mug of tea and a bowl of spicy stew? And maybe a warm roll if possible?"

After getting her food and tea, she flips a coin to the barkeep and joins Calibre. It's good to see a fellow new Ranger, and Nic is looking forward to joining her fellow Rangers in their quests.

Calibre sees his new Ranger buddy Nic coming over to join him, smiles and pulls out a seat. ""Come and sit, warm up, the weather has been a beast lately!" Noticing one of the New Yorkers at the top of the rucksack, he gets a thoughtful look on his face and starts thinking of some things. "Quite the hall they have here, don't they?"

• Like 3

On 2/11/2019 at 10:36 AM, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Pretty hypocritical coming from a guy who lets Cheetah wear his hats.

The barkeep, like his space, exists out of normal expectations of decorum and reasonableness, it seems.

• Like 3

So I need to sit with Cheetah about acquiring pie. And maybe the place where he gets his hats will have cloaks for me.

Pie........

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, DaemonCorax said:

So I need to sit with Cheetah about acquiring pie. And maybe the place where he gets his hats will have cloaks for me.

Pie........

Good idea. I'll come and join you. I'm sure Cheetah made enough pie for all of us.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DaemonCorax said:

Pie........

1 hour ago, Elastigirl said:

Cheetah

Cheetah's ears perk at the sound of his name.  He hops down from his bar stool and smiles warmly.

Ladies, I'll be right back!

Cheetah saunters to the coat rack by the door and retrieves his hat and cloak.  Donning them both, he wooshes out the hall's broad front door with a flourish.

An impossibly short time later, he wooshes in through the back door and the far side of the hall.  He's wearing the same cloak but there is a prodigiously large top hat perched menacingly on his head.  Cheetah saunters over to the table nearest to EG and DC and flips the hat off of his head, tumbling it toward the table with a practiced flick of the wrist.  He then places a hand on each side of the top of the hat, and lifts it slowly and carefully straight up.  Beneath the hat is a pie.  The crust is perfectly golden brown.  The fragrance of berries that wafts from the pie instantly reminds you of everything that is good about summer.

Cheetah bows slightly to the ladies, then turns toward the bar.

Bartender, plates and forks, if you please.  And a couple of scoops of vanilla ice cream, I think. 

Cheetah saunters lazily back to his bar stool, hops up upon it, and orders a glass of merlot.  Making pie is thirsty work.

• Like 9

12 minutes ago, Cheetah said:

Cheetah's ears perk at the sound of his name.  He hops down from his bar stool and smiles warmly.

Cheetah saunters to the coat rack by the door and retrieves his hat and cloak.  Donning them both, he wooshes out the hall's broad front door with a flourish.

An impossibly short time later, he wooshes in through the back door and the far side of the hall.  He's wearing the same cloak but there is a prodigiously large top hat perched menacingly on his head.  Cheetah saunters over to the table nearest to EG and DC and flips the hat off of his head, tumbling it toward the table with a practiced flick of the wrist.  He then places a hand on each side of the top of the hat, and lifts it slowly and carefully straight up.  Beneath the hat is a pie.  The crust is perfectly golden brown.  The fragrance of berries that wafts from the pie instantly reminds you of everything that is good about summer.

Bartender, plates and forks, if you please.  And a couple of scoops of vanilla ice cream, I think. 

Cheetah saunters lazily back to his bar stool, hops up upon it, and orders a glass of merlot.  Making pie is thirsty work.

EG smiles and thanks Cheetah. After having trekked through knee deep snow to the Guild Hall, she gratefully eats the pie and it's fragrant reminders of summer

• Like 2

EG smiles and thanks Cheetah. After having trekked through knee deep snow to the Guild Hall, she gratefully eats the pie and it's fragrant reminders of summer
Oh, right, that's why we let Cheetah have his hats.
I love this place. You people are wonderful. I'm unspeakably thankful to be here.

Next round is on me.

Sent from my phone via Tapatalk

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

time to admit, I'm here hiding in the corners somewhat trying to be "around"people without exactly being social.

and anyways.  there's no free round if you don't ahem the barkeeper.

• Like 3

time to admit, I'm here hiding in the corners somewhat trying to be "around"people without exactly being social.

and anyways.  there's no free round if you don't ahem the barkeeper.
Seeing Morag exhausted by the fire Thom moves over places a glass of scotch beside her before gently removing her boots and laying a blanket over her. "Rest dearheart, you are safe, loved and cared for here."

Thom then moves to the corners where TGP is skulking. "Time for a drink at the rowdy table my friend. You ever hear the tale of the Twa Corbies?" With that Thom brings his quiet friend to the table seats him a little away from the rest of the group and places a glass of scotch in front on the table.

Returning to his seat, Thom started to sing, The Twa Corbies

And no I cant sing like this bloke.

• Like 6