Ye Relatively New & Mostly Still Fancy Leaky Tankard: Ranger Guildhall Chat

1 hour ago, jonfirestar said:

If someone could come along and give me a run for my money, I'd be most obliged ;) 

I just hopped over there and took a look. I'm adding my numbers to the pool but they're there for novelty more than anything else. For example, are we calculating my performance as if I weighed my non-pregnant weight? Or does my ride-along freeloader count as weight? Because really he just makes me tired. Lol.

• Like 3
17 hours ago, DaemonCorax said:

I just hopped over there and took a look. I'm adding my numbers to the pool but they're there for novelty more than anything else. For example, are we calculating my performance as if I weighed my non-pregnant weight? Or does my ride-along freeloader count as weight? Because really he just makes me tired. Lol.

Just use your NP weight. The little parasite will lower your numbers enough by feeding off of you ;) 

• Like 1
17 hours ago, DaemonCorax said:

31 minutes ago, Mr_Willes said:

Just use your NP weight. The little parasite will lower your numbers enough by feeding off of you ;) 

I concur use your pre-pregnancy weight. I don't think anyone will claim that carrying a baby gives you an unfair advantage. 

30 minutes ago, Mr_Willes said:

I did 4x132.5KG on the backsquat yesterday...

Well the last back squat video I sent you was 132.5 for 5. That was around RPE 9.5, ignoring my obvious issues with hitting depth ;) 

• Like 4
6 hours ago, jonfirestar said:

I concur use your pre-pregnancy weight. I don't think anyone will claim that carrying a baby gives you an unfair advantage. 

Fatigue and effort-wise this is completely true. He definitely caps my effort levels - I especially notice this skiing uphill. I go to get into bigger skating motions and my whole body is like "nope! you cannot have more power" after a few strides. That said, I know I've put on lower body muscle since getting pregnant. But I miss my lats. lol. First trimester tired ate my lats. I gained no weight in the first 10 weeks and MFH thought my face looked gaunt.

I'll go in and change it.

EDIT: DL number is now 109 :)

It's cold out today. @Cheetah whatever happened to your maker of hats? I need a cloak that is as soft as my cat and as cozy as my carhartt jacket.

• Like 3
6 hours ago, DaemonCorax said:

I need a cloak

Funny enough, it's just been finished.  It's goat skin, cured in a proprietary blend of alpine flora that renders it tough as boot leather but lighter than linen.  It's lined with the fur of snowshoe hares, each of whom lived to a ripe old age and died contented and sleeping in a chair by a fire.  It has a high collar that can be firm against the wind or totally out of the way.  It's gently embroidered with details in your favorite color.  It is my gift to you.  :-)

• Like 8

I'm not a Ranger at the moment, but at heart it suits me. I'm super proud and excited about my first chin ups PVP and know some of the Rangers here will enjoy following and cheering on their favorite competitor during the challenge. Maybe in the future we can do a similar challenge here. Without further ado:  

•  The victor claims status of strongest man
  •  The defeated gets duct taped on video

Follow the madness here:

• Like 1
On 2/19/2019 at 6:07 PM, Cheetah said:

Funny enough, it's just been finished.  It's goat skin, cured in a proprietary blend of alpine flora that renders it tough as boot leather but lighter than linen.  It's lined with the fur of snowshoe hares, each of whom lived to a ripe old age and died contented and sleeping in a chair by a fire.  It has a high collar that can be firm against the wind or totally out of the way.  It's gently embroidered with details in your favorite color.  It is my gift to you.  :-)

source.gif 

• Like 3
On 2/19/2019 at 6:07 PM, Cheetah said:

Damn. I would buy that. Do a kickstarter 

• Like 2