• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

RogueLibrarian

RogueLibrarian: The following challenge is scheduled for ONE FALL

Update: Much more human again this morning for the first time in days. Still not 100%. I'm going to keep sleeping as much as I can and reset on Monday.

I heard someone on a podcast this morning say they'd been sick with "bronchial fuck my life" and I was like, AHA got my diagnosis.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

50 minutes ago, RogueLibrarian said:

Update: Much more human again this morning for the first time in days. Still not 100%. I'm going to keep sleeping as much as I can and reset on Monday.

I heard someone on a podcast this morning say they'd been sick with "bronchial fuck my life" and I was like, AHA got my diagnosis.

Oh man...good that you're fealing a little better tho!!!

What an apt diagnosis. Is there a prescription for that?

4 minutes ago, Happienumber said:

Oh man...good that you're fealing a little better tho!!!

What an apt diagnosis. Is there a prescription for that?

There is. It involves a sofa, some cats and an Xbox.

• Like 2

Back at work, colleagues are making the sign of the evil eye at me and steering clear. I'm buried under email and overdue work, but planning to try karate class tonight. If I can only give it 50%, so be it. Ninjas don't slack off.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, raptron said:

50% is better than 0% sometimes. Also it usually feels good (mentally) to get moving again after being laid up sick! 

Yesss. I've been going crazy being cooped up, and missing my exercise. Also, I assume they taught everyone tricks to defeat me in karate class last week.

21 minutes ago, RogueLibrarian said:

Yesss. I've been going crazy being cooped up, and missing my exercise. Also, I assume they taught everyone tricks to defeat me in karate class last week.

Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they aren't actually out to get you...

• Like 1

20 hours ago, RogueLibrarian said:

It's the only way they ever could defeat you. They'd have to cheat. ;) 

9 hours ago, Mad Hatter said:

Nice!

3 hours ago, KB Girl said:

Glad you're doing a bit better and got to go to karate! 

It was *so* good for my brain (as well as body) to go do a full-on workout after a week of forced idleness. I'm reminded once again how good exercise is for my mental health.

1 hour ago, Happienumber said:

It's the only way they ever could defeat you. They'd have to cheat. ;) 

There's a saying about youth and skill v. old age and treachery.

Notes from class:

1. I got politely scolded for wearing uniform pants and belt with a "David Bowie is my life coach" t-shirt. (No one had explained to me that we're supposed to wear the whole uniform or not at all.)

2. I'm learning enough to recognize my bad form when it happens. That's a good thing, but I think I need to take some time for slow methodical form practice this week. 

• Like 4

38 minutes ago, RogueLibrarian said:

1. I got politely scolded for wearing uniform pants and belt with a "David Bowie is my life coach" t-shirt. (No one had explained to me that we're supposed to wear the whole uniform or not at all.)

I just wanted to say that is an epic t-shirt.

giphy.gif

That is all.

• Like 2

Noting as an observation:

On karate days (2x/week), I am tending to eat lighter meals because I have just about time to get home from work, make something quick, change, and have a few minutes to spare before it's time to leave for class; I don't sit down for second helpings and it tends to be pre-planned food since I'm in a hurry. When I get home, it's after 8pm, and I'll usually just have something like a yogurt after my shower and change, even though workouts always make me hungry.

• Like 2

Additional observation that I forgot to mention. I am becoming noticeably more flexible during stretch/warmups. Apparently karate is stretching me out in ways that two years of kickboxing did not.

• Like 6

4 hours ago, RogueLibrarian said:

Additional observation that I forgot to mention. I am becoming noticeably more flexible during stretch/warmups. Apparently karate is stretching me out in ways that two years of kickboxing did not.

NICE!! A major win!