• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

shaar

» shaar; the road to furyheart starts at the start~ ♡

(it rhymes~)

*runs in like some kind of maniac*

WOWJEEZ it's new challenge time already??!?  Where does the TIME GO....

Hi guys, it's me Shaar, and here's where I'm at right now in my crazy chaos life!~  I'm at a new job and it's been rolling for two weeks now, and I'm starting to get settled into more of a routine and schedule.  I've been thinking about my goals and while I wish they could contain consistant fitness, right now, I need to admit that just can't happen.  With everything going on it's just not a current priority, and I'm okay with that.  BUT, I've got a lot of big plans and ideas simmering in my little bard brain, and to get back to my unstoppable furyhearted self I've gotta do it the right way and start with building myself a solid foundation!!

That's what this challenge will be for - setting a baseline with consistent habits that have definitely fallen by the wayside while I was unemployed/stressed/in the pit/etc.

SO.  My goals are as follows:

1. STAY HYDRATED.
It's so dry here y'all.  Cold northern winter air and oh hey I live on a mountain now cool, it's doing a number on my poor skin.  I'm not used to this AT ALL and my poor dry irritated face is coping the best it can, but I need to drink more water.  I can tell I'm not drinking enough, I'm thirsty a lot and my energy levels dip and ugh.  My goal here is 60oz of water per day!

2. EAT (AND SNACK) RESPONSIBLY.
Now that I have a real schedule again I need to make batch-cooking my lunches a priority.  I've been doing this already for the past two weeks but I also want to expand this to include - buying smart snacks to stash at work, and NOT forsaking my homemade lunch to go down the street to Moe's or something.  

3. STAY OUT OF THE CANDY DISH.
Hrrrgghhh okay we have a candy dish at work and I've been eating candy out of it ok I ADMIT IT.  They're so good though it's those little hard fruit candies with the soft filling.  I will allow myself ONE (1) candy per day.  NO MORE.

4. WRANGLE THE SLEEP SCHEDULE
Here's a toughie, phew.  Last week I had a hardcore insomnia streak during my second week of work and almost lost my mind.  Things have evened out since then but I still find myself waking up at 3am a lot of times for no real reason other than ???? [insert any reason here really, it's all nonsensical].  I know my system will even out eventually but right now I need to get to bed at the same time every night.  This may be subject to change, but right now my goal is for weeknights, to be in bed by 10pm and set my alarm for 6:20am. (Earlier in case of inclement weather.)

5. TAKE YOUR VITAMINS.  EVERY DANG DAY.

I just edited this because I'm at lunch and almost forgot my vitamins AGAIN jfc shaar get your shit together here

Okokok I think that's all for now.  I have more plans and ideas I can't WAIT to put into action but I have to be careful not to let my RangerBrain take over and, yeah.  ONE STEP AT A TIME!! <3

• Like 10

3 minutes ago, Urgan said:

Whee first new job challenge~

NEW JOB NEW JOB AAAAAA quick everyone act natural.........

3 minutes ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Hello! 

I too woke up at 3am this morning. Unlike you, however, the humidity was at 94%, such that 74 degrees felt too warm to be comfortable.

TANK it is 61 degrees here right now!!!!! What is weather???? Although it was 25 this morning but it still felt kinda balmy.  I don't miss the excess humidity though.  Even though it's so dry here.  Gosh.  Weather.  It's too much sometimes.

• Like 3

Following!

I like your attitude on sleep, it'll get where it needs to be, it just needs some nudging. And yeah, RangerBrain is a thing. "And then, I'm gonna do a pushups challenge and then I'll make all my lunches for the next 3 months and freeze them, and then I'll go full paleo/vegan/intuitive with intermittent fasting and then..."

• Like 2

4 hours ago, GoodDoug said:

Following!

I like your attitude on sleep, it'll get where it needs to be, it just needs some nudging. And yeah, RangerBrain is a thing. "And then, I'm gonna do a pushups challenge and then I'll make all my lunches for the next 3 months and freeze them, and then I'll go full paleo/vegan/intuitive with intermittent fasting and then..."

And then, and then, and then........

5 hours ago, shaar said:

but I still find myself waking up at 3am a lot of times for no real reason other than ???? [insert any reason here really, it's all nonsensical]. 

Can’t remember how old you are, but it *could* be an age thing.  I started waking up every night between 3-4 a.m. a few years ago.  I’m pretty sure I’ve got almost 10 years on you, but it seems to be a thing that comes with age.......and it sucks eggs.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, GoodDoug said:

Following!

Hihihi WELCOME!

I do hope so, I'm just trusting the process at this point!  I sleep like a corpse on the weekends so I think that's a good sign.

Ah yes RangerBrain, I have grand plans, GRAND I tell you!~

4 hours ago, Salinger said:

Yay Shaar!!! Great challenge, ALWAYS here to offer support and lots of love :) you can do this !!! xx

HIHIHIHI <3  I've been wearing the necklace you sent me like daily, it's the best ever you are also the best ever thank you!!!! :D

3 hours ago, Echoceanic said:

Hi! This sounds like a solid start. I have no idea what to expect from non-humid weather it's always humid here. :D 

Dry weather brings bad skin for one thing, hooooo boy howdy, and your HAIR just turns into like one of those electric balls....

giphy.gif

3 hours ago, TheGreyJedi-Ranger said:

Following! Sounds like you've got this :)

I HOPE SO <3

1 hour ago, DarK_RaideR said:

New job hype!!!!!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

1 minute ago, Rinna said:

And then, and then, and then........

Can’t remember how old you are, but it *could* be an age thing.  I started waking up every night between 3-4 a.m. a few years ago.  I’m pretty sure I’ve got almost 10 years on you, but it seems to be a thing that comes with age.......and it sucks eggs.

38.  GREAT more fun aging changes to join my current album of Why Does My Knee Click Intermittently and Guess I Can't Eat That Spicey Food anymore...............

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, shaar said:

38.  GREAT more fun aging changes to join my current album of Why Does My Knee Click Intermittently and Guess I Can't Eat That Spicey Food anymore...............

So, almost 10 years on you.....I’ll be 48 later this month....

• Like 1

9 hours ago, shaar said:

HIHIHIHI <3  I've been wearing the necklace you sent me like daily, it's the best ever you are also the best ever thank you!!!! :D

This makes me soooo happy!! <3 :) xx

• Like 1

14 hours ago, shaar said:

There's a trick to this. Spend some time hanging out with really immature young people so you can feel smug about your maturity. Then spend some time around people older than you who complain about their bodily aches and pains so you can feel smug about not being that old yet.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, Rinna said:

So, almost 10 years on you.....I’ll be 48 later this month....

48 is totally the new 38 though!!  WOOOOO!

17 hours ago, Shadri said:

SHAAAAAAAR

Just wanted to swing by and say hello ;) 

Oh no you DIDNNNNN'TTTTTTT~~~~ XD

17 hours ago, Stribs said:

Challenge looks good, and Im here to support you!!

Yayay thankles!! <3

16 hours ago, Cheetah said:

HAPPY CHALLENGE!!!!

YOU GOT THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AAAAA WE GOT THIS

WE ALL

GOT THIS

8 hours ago, Salinger said:

This makes me soooo happy!! <3 :) xx

^_________________________^

3 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

There's a trick to this. Spend some time hanging out with really immature young people so you can feel smug about your maturity. Then spend some time around people older than you who complain about their bodily aches and pains so you can feel smug about not being that old yet.

This plan is nearly foolproof except for the single fatal flaw of requiring actually hanging out with people.......... nyehehe~

z e r o w e e k

Yay lunchtime updates!  It's nice I get an hour for lunch, I'm not used to that, I can get some stuff done!  (Like finally getting around to changing over my health insurance whoops)  AND UPDATING!  Also guess what I work across from the equestrian center and there are HORSES WITH COATS ON OUTSIDE.  I can see them from my window I am HASHBROWN BLESSED, would it be weird to run across the street and pat them, probably, huh.............

Last night I conked out around 10pm, woke up at 3, rolled around and eventually fell back to sleep around, 3:30?  4?  This is my new habit it seems, I'll wake up like clockwork but this time at least I fall back to sleep, so hey, that's a start??  I'll TOTALLY take it!

I had two candies from the candy dish yesterday FRICK get it TOGETHER shaar you are getting fluffy ok >:[[[[

Vitamins at lunch are happening every daaaaayyyy!!

35 oz of water and counting!

I'm hungry as a RAVENOUS TYPE OF FOREST ANIMAL lately so I am snacking but they are good snacks - Nut Thins chips, granola, etc.  This week's lunch is whole grain angel hair spaghetti with sauce and three (3) meatballs.  Dinner tonight is sweet bourbon marinated steak tips and brown rice!!!!!!

HELLO WELCOME TO MY BORING HABIT LIFE AHAHAHAAAA >:]

Seriously it's not thrilling but hey, I neeeeeed it.  And once I lay this baseline, SKY'S THE LIMIT, BABY.

tumblr_lyqt5cAy851qh9y1k.gif

• Like 5

Sweet bourbon marinated Steak tips and Brown Rice!?

wow

I so don't need to find a fancy image for you.  I'll just follow along and be jellin' about such a delicious sounding dinner.   Maybe my wife can make that??

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQFHkGuORK9BMnU0wTfmCF

enjoy it!  PS. I love your goals.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, shaar said:

meatballs

We had the same idea apparently :D

3 hours ago, shaar said:

Seriously it's not thrilling but hey, I neeeeeed it.

I just kinda want to bold and italicise this sentence in my mind cause hell yeah :D 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, shaar said:

Also guess what I work across from the equestrian center and there are HORSES WITH COATS ON OUTSIDE.  I can see them from my window I am HASHBROWN BLESSED, would it be weird to run across the street and pat them, probably, huh.............

See, now I got this mental image of Finn on top one of those coated horses. Not riding or surfing the horse, just.. chilling on top of it like a bawss.

• Haha 1