• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

shaar

» shaar; the road to furyheart starts at the start~ ♡

17 hours ago, shaar said:

It has been noted at work multiple times that my enthusiasm is appreciated.  I know, you're shocked huh.  JUST BLOWN AWAY

I wish mine way, ha, but these kids keep encouraging me to drink LESS coffee.  Apparently no one wants a teacher jacked up on caffeine and happiness at 8am.  Who knew...

• Like 4

On 2/11/2019 at 1:25 PM, Rinna said:

THere was a time a while back where I just.....couldn’t.  Keep up, do ANYTHING, so that must have been when it happened.  Not to memtion, I have been having issues retaining knowledge lately.  I am happy for you! 

It's all good, I know this feeling distinctly, sometimes keeping up around here can be a challenge in and of itself!  Thanks, he's a sweetie~

On 2/11/2019 at 1:31 PM, Salinger said:

Hey Shaar, sorry about the sadness but great job working through it! Enjoy your lunch and hope your mood gets better as the week goes on :) xx

Thanks!!  All part of the game <3

On 2/12/2019 at 6:14 AM, Stribs said:

I wish mine way, ha, but these kids keep encouraging me to drink LESS coffee.  Apparently no one wants a teacher jacked up on caffeine and happiness at 8am.  Who knew...

KIDS, WHAT DO THEY KNOW ANYWAY >:[[[[

On 2/12/2019 at 10:53 AM, DarK_RaideR said:

51626371_1008392786214901_54323725741200

This is the TRUE FACE OF T E R R O R

On 2/12/2019 at 12:36 PM, Urgan said:

At least it isn't running on Windows ME, thank God.....

No, I take it back, THIS is the true face of t e r r o r ....

20 hours ago, Big_Show said:

Late to the party but here I am!

HIHIHIHIHIHI

w e e k..... is it 1??

/shrug :DDDDD

My lordy guys we have been having some WEATHER.  By this typing it's sunny and 30-something out, and the snow is melting, but yesterday afternoon we got hit with snow hard and fast and I barely made it home in time.  I left work early and a 25 minute commute turned into an hour, 20-30MPH on the freeway, whiteout conditions, one (1) gridlock to let a police car fly by, and me navigating the back roads to my house and barely making it up the very very unplowed hill by dropping my car into 2nd gear and taking it v e r y s l o w l y.  Then ICE happened overnight and I spent 20 minutes chipping my car out of a block of literal hell, oh also my doors were frozen shut so I had to fill my Thermos with hot water twice and dump it over the door to un-freeze it, oh ALSO I fell on my butt once.

WINTER YOU GOTTA GIMME A BREAK HERE DUDE PLEASE I BEG OF YOU

PLS

My sleep has been kinda hinky but I'm at least getting 5-6 hours a night so that's rad.  I'm hanging in there because I have a THREE DAY WEEKEND coming up and also a short work week next week because of it and gosh I NEED A BREAK~

What else, what else......

I DON'T EVEN KNOW ANYMORE WOOOOOOO

At any rate I'm overall feeling a little less 'meh' than I was at the start of the week, so that's a win!~ :3  I'LL TAKE IT

• Like 6

great jobbbbb - i feel kinda bad for wishing for snow, seen as parts of the US are being hit so hard eeeek hahah

Hoping for spring now :)

xx

• Like 2

2 hours ago, shaar said:

My lordy guys we have been having some WEATHER.  By this typing it's sunny and 30-something out, and the snow is melting, but yesterday afternoon we got hit with snow hard and fast and I barely made it home in time.  I left work early and a 25 minute commute turned into an hour, 20-30MPH on the freeway, whiteout conditions, one (1) gridlock to let a police car fly by, and me navigating the back roads to my house and barely making it up the very very unplowed hill by dropping my car into 2nd gear and taking it v e r y s l o w l y.  Then ICE happened overnight and I spent 20 minutes chipping my car out of a block of literal hell, oh also my doors were frozen shut so I had to fill my Thermos with hot water twice and dump it over the door to un-freeze it, oh ALSO I fell on my butt once.

PLS

PLEASE BE MORE SPECIFIC this is dangerously vague wording, I tell you....

2 hours ago, shaar said:

My sleep has been kinda hinky but I'm at least getting 5-6 hours a night so that's rad.  I'm hanging in there because I have a THREE DAY WEEKEND coming up and also a short work week next week because of it and gosh I NEED A BREAK~

Again with the tempting fate...but I feel you on the sleep and the weekend is Soon. But hey, incoming long weekend is long and that is the best kind.

14 minutes ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Have fun in your winter wonderland. Maybe Aslan will come and defeat the white witch soon.

You know, I would never have condoned it, but I sort of almost understood where Edmund was coming from when I originally read the books as a child. Then I tried Turkish Delight and just...wow. You betrayed your friends and by extension an entire kingdom for an extra-chalky, flavorless, illegitimate child of a fig newton and a Starburst. Well done.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, Urgan said:

You know, I would never have condoned it, but I sort of almost understood where Edmund was coming from when I originally read the books as a child. Then I tried Turkish Delight and just...wow. You betrayed your friends and by extension an entire kingdom for an extra-chalky, flavorless, illegitimate child of a fig newton and a Starburst. Well done.

All I can think is that sugar was rationed during the war...

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

All I can think is that sugar was rationed during the war...

Which is why anything with any sugar content or any other kind of flavor at all would have been a greater temptation, seems like. Heck a sugar cube would have done the trick, it's square.....

OTOH, extra petty to make it bad candy. I'm of two minds lol.

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, Urgan said:

Which is why anything with any sugar content or any other kind of flavor at all would have been a greater temptation, seems like. Heck a sugar cube would have done the trick, it's square.....

OTOH, extra petty to make it bad candy. I'm of two minds lol.

It shouldn't have been chalky......it should be like the inside of a jelly bean, maybe a little softer, and dusted with sugar.  But, it does come in some weird flavors.  (I lived in Turkey for 4 years) 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Rinna said:

the inside of a jelly bean

I have often thought that the inside of the jelly bean is the best part.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Rinna said:

It shouldn't have been chalky......it should be like the inside of a jelly bean, maybe a little softer, and dusted with sugar.  But, it does come in some weird flavors.  (I lived in Turkey for 4 years) 

(and I became alive in Turkey. During the same time frame! What a coincidence *eyebrow wiggle*)

Shaar aside from the craycray weather it sounds like things are going well for you! I’m excited to hear about a boyfriend, that’s so cool! ^_^ <3 And hurray for feeling less meh! The long weekend approacheth, hang in there!!!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Rinna said:

I wanted to like it, I really did--was hype specifically because of C.S. Lewis. Tried to. But they totally mixed the sugar and chalk bins up in the kitchen. Would try it again from another place, because it was a hot minute since I tasted it last.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Urgan said:

I wanted to like it, I really did--was hype specifically because of C.S. Lewis. Tried to. But they totally mixed the sugar and chalk bins up in the kitchen. Would try it again from another place, because it was a hot minute since I tasted it last.

I was in 4th grade when we read the book as a class.  My teacher found turkish delight somewhere (this was texas, in..um..1980?) and bought enouh for us all to have one piece.  It was the coolest thing ever.  We were very hype as well.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Rinna said:

I was in 4th grade when we read the book as a class.  My teacher found turkish delight somewhere (this was texas, in..um..1980?) and bought enouh for us all to have one piece.  It was the coolest thing ever.  We were very hype as well.

I forgot we established you are Texan. I was born one year later in Texas. 

Also, Edmund asked for the Turkish delight, yes, but whatever he asked for would have had the same effect. Once the tasted the witch's food, it would have worked its spell on him no matter what he had asked for. The crazy thing is that he could have had anything he wanted, and he asked for Turkish Delight. 

• Like 4

17 hours ago, shaar said:

This is the main reason I will never move north...  Glad you survived though.  Those driving conditions sound awful!!!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Also, Edmund asked for the Turkish delight, yes, but whatever he asked for would have had the same effect. Once the tasted the witch's food, it would have worked its spell on him no matter what he had asked for. The crazy thing is that he could have had anything he wanted, and he asked for Turkish Delight. 

This is true...  

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Yeah that's what blew me away lol. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Shadri said:

(and I became alive in Turkey. During the same time frame! What a coincidence *eyebrow wiggle*)

Shaar aside from the craycray weather it sounds like things are going well for you! I’m excited to hear about a boyfriend, that’s so cool! ^_^ <3 And hurray for feeling less meh! The long weekend approacheth, hang in there!!!

Isn’t it though? ;) 

• Like 2

On 2/12/2019 at 12:14 PM, Stribs said:
On 2/11/2019 at 7:00 PM, shaar said:

It has been noted at work multiple times that my enthusiasm is appreciated.  I know, you're shocked huh.  JUST BLOWN AWAY

At my last office it was weird to be the one that got up earliest and the one that was most chipper in the mornings, while everyone else grumped about. And it did kinda put a damper on it for me. 

Also, HI YES I'M ALIVE AND FINALLY CAUGHT UP. :D

• Like 2

aaaAAAAA HI HELLO FRIENDS

I don't have the time to reply to every post right now so in short:

1. Winter does suck

2. I've never had Turkish Delight at all!  But I think it sounds good??

3. HAPPY WEEKEND!!!!

Phewphewphew it is finally a 3 day weekend and I MADE IT.  Today I headed out early to do some clothes shopping and let me tell you guys

It's time to get back to the gym.

RIGHT NOW.  No fuckin' excuses.  I will FIND a way to fit it into my schedule because I'm turning into a shapeless barrel-type shape and IT NEEDS TO STOP.  Gosh darn it I'm all fired up

So the rest of the day will be researching local gyms and signing up for one.  I can go at least on the weekends, and figure out a way to do a day or two after work somehow.  IT WILL WORK.  IT MUST.

Let's see what else...... I haven't been to the candy dish at work 'cause all the candy in there is gross so that one kinda defeated itself, HA.  Drinking lots of water.  Eating pretty great!!  My problem right now is a sedentary lifestyle coupled with no strength training.  So.

FURYHEART STATUS ACTIVATE ~ ~ ~

• Like 8