• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

loire

» shaar; the road to furyheart starts at the start~ ♡

13 minutes ago, Cheetah said:

If local gyms don't work out, you can always start buying kettlebells.

I thought about this originally, but right now the only space I have to work out is in the basement, and it's a. not insulated and has no heating/cooling, and b. super dusty and really affects my breathing.  I may be able to supplement regular gym workouts with an occasional at-home workout here and there though, depending!

UPDATE

The deed is done and I am GOING TO THE FRICKIN' GYM TOMORROW. >:]

There were really only two choices that fit my pricing/time schedule, a Crunch Fitness downtown or a Planet Fitness by the grocery store, I went with the PF because it's easily accessible from the highway meaning that I can zip in there a night or two after work and GET SHIT DONE.  I hope to set off the lunk alarm and start a riot YOU CAN'T HOLD ME BACK YOU FIENDS

Anyways I'm HELLA HYPE GUYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Gonna do some stretching today so I don't burn myself out tomorrow AHAHAAAAA YES EXCELLENT WE ARE BACK AT IT <3

• Like 9

20 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Good to see you excited about the gym. I have had Turkish Delight. It wasn't bad, and there are a lot of different flavors. I actually liked the rosewater flavored ones, but they weren't worth getting a lion sacrificed.

Rosewater?!!?  Gosh, world of splendors............

GUYS

I WENT TO THE GYM

I AM SO FRICKIN' HYPE

latest?cb=20120418014322

I like how 2 weeks ago I was like "yeah no I can't make fitness a priority right now" ahaha yeah ok STEP ASIDE

So it is a Planet Fitness, and can confirm they had a jar of Tootsie Rolls at the front desk, but it's big and spacious and clean and the free weights at 11:30 on a Sunday were vastly underpopulated so, huge win.  I did a basic 40 minute shoulders and arms circuit; curls, overhead presses, swimmer's press, lateral raises, tricep kickbacks, and used the lat pulldown machine and it was the LITERAL BEST.  I'll surely hurt tomorrow - most weights I used were 10's and 15's and I may have pushed a little hard for not lifting anything in the past 5 months but whatever man

WHATEVER

I forgot what a mood booster that was.  Like wowie wow wow.  It's also wild how quickly my mindset shifts to healthier food choices; I had chicken salad on crackers when I got home, and not the big pretzel I was planning on.  I'm going to dinner tonight at a local Italian place that's supposed to be really good and I don't want to get pizza like I originally planned, I'm hype on the salad with salmon on it.  I was going to stop at the liquor store after - which is LITERALLY right next door - but I didn't.  Man.  Maaaaaan.  My SLEEP is going to improve so much.  MAAAAN

I AM HERE FOR THIS

original.gif

Okokok

Ok

I'll have to find a way to track my workouts again, I used Google Keep a while ago because it was convenient but I'm sure there's better ways.  And I gotta buy some protein bars.  Nyahaha......

Also since I'm really proud of myself for finally taking this initiative in getting back to my best self I humbly request a title change to Furyhearted Battle-Bard, if @Tanktimus the Encourager would be so kind~

HAPPY WEEKEND MY FRIENDS!!! <3

• Like 11

YeeeeEEEEEEEESSSSSSSS I love your HYPE I FEEL IT TOO MAN

Going to the gym makes you wanna make all the good choices!! Can confirm!! It’s great!!

We’re not gonna take this lying down!! We’re gonna come out... wait for it...

...SWINGING

ok I’ll see myself out~

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

18 hours ago, Shadri said:

YeeeeEEEEEEEESSSSSSSS I love your HYPE I FEEL IT TOO MAN

Going to the gym makes you wanna make all the good choices!! Can confirm!! It’s great!!

We’re not gonna take this lying down!! We’re gonna come out... wait for it...

...SWINGING

ok I’ll see myself out~

Oh my gosh you went there AGAIN and I'm SO GLAD YOU DID XDDDD

SPIDER-MAAM WINS AGAIN~

11 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

;) 

/bow

/bow

/salute

8 hours ago, Salinger said:

oh YEAHHHHH SHAAR!!!!!!!! Look at all the fucking hype in here. This is what i came for....! 

Good job, great job, AMAZING job! Proud proud proud xx

What was that Disney movie about some emperor getting their groove back, but instead it's, SHAAR GOT THE HYPE BACK

giphy.gif

w e e k ..... 3?  ???? 

Is it 3 already???? Or am I having the dumbs.  Ah who cares

Yesterday at the Italian place I went to I had the BEST balsamic glazed salmon ever.... cooked just perfectly, super fresh, and the mixed veggies on the side.  DANG Y'ALL.  Usually the vegetables are an afterthought on most dishes I find but holy Hannah these were AMAZING.  Carrots, zucchini, squash, all cubed and perfectly sauteed... fhdskfjds I ate almost all of them!! My gosh.  It was p e r f e c t.

Today is Presidents Day here in the ol' U S of A and I actually have it off.... GO FIGURE.  The company owners were telling me how they decided to give it as an off day because there was SUCH a long span between New Years and Memorial Day with nothing off.... and I was like.... hell yeah thoughtful!  I don't get paid for it 'cause I'm technically still on my 3-month newbie-temp-period, but I ain't even mad.  It snowed overnight and waking up at 4am to hear the dulcet clunks of the snowplows, and being able to roll over under my big fuzzy blanket and go back to sleep knowing I don't have to deal with that at 6 am was payment enough.

giphy.gif

Almost makes me wish I bought those thermal outdoor hiking pants I've been eyeing, so I could go for a snowy hike today, but I have a feeling the opportunity will surely present itself again.  (And I'm trying not to spend TOO much of my new money all at once.)

My arms don't hurt nearly as much as I thought they would after re-starting lifting! DOMS sure, but nothing that impedes me today.  Leg day, whenever that happens, will be another story........... 

Today I'm gonna:

- Finish up my laundry

- Play through more of my spooky mythos-inspired video game~ (I'm in the Tokyo zone right now and frick is it creepy)

- Maybe watch a few LOST episodes

- Make crock pot tacos for dinner!

- Go out and clean off my car and enjoy the snow~

Gosh I'm in a really good place right now.  Gosh gosh gosh.  I'll take it while it's here... <3

• Like 10

4 hours ago, shaar said:

Almost makes me wish I bought those thermal outdoor hiking pants I've been eyeing, so I could go for a snowy hike today, but I have a feeling the opportunity will surely present itself again.  (And I'm trying not to spend TOO much of my new money all at once.)

tenor.gif

62639855.jpg

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRc2hNjeUrfwe82TcMbaKt

you-can-do-it-meme-11-1.jpg

make-it-so-make-it-so-17717093.png

anyways. ABOUT hiking pants!  they really ARE handy,  but you can adapt to more ordinary clothes when hiking/walking.

* keep sweating to a minimize

*Layers! 

*pajamas are often better for cold weather hikes ANYWAYS, as they are usually NOT cotton!

*shorter walks/hikes rather than really big ones.  (and even MORE important, LESS elevation gain).

*socks and probably the most important thing to get right.  if you get a little wet and chilled you WILL have problems with you hand/feet as your body prevents hypothermia.

may the HYPE be with you, always!

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSnVSTsxs8ga3QRYiSGJvO

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

I was really tempted to just put "Fury Hearted Battle-" on the front of Bardy McBardface

cJlBUVL.gif?noredirect

5 hours ago, Salinger said:

SO happy you are happy <3 xx

Yeeeee thankles~

5 hours ago, TGP said:

*socks and probably the most important thing to get right.  if you get a little wet and chilled you WILL have problems with you hand/feet as your body prevents hypothermia.

AAAA BLESS YOU!!! I always forget, SOCKS!!!!!!!  This is v v v important!!!!

1 hour ago, GoodDoug said:

I think your new title should be "Queen of the Hype CAPS-LOCK"

I am so glad I am following you, your hype is infectious.

THIS IS ALSO A TRUTH OF ALL TRUTHS

Ahaha thanks, my enthusiasm oft knows no bounds~

Hi guys it has been a great day off!  Not much else to report other than what I already posted earlier.  I'm not used to having the ~luxury~ of posting twice in one day.....

Tomorrow I'm gonna try to get to the gym after work!!!  A lot of this is going to be dependent on traffic unfortunately - I'll kinda have to judge by the seat of my pants how much I'll get held up on the highway, 'cause if it takes me too long it won't work.  OH WELL NO MATTER IT'LL ALL WORK OUT IN THE END~

• Like 5

QUICK WEDNESDAY UPDATE

I went to the gym last night after work!  It was crowded but I got a good 40 minute chest and back workout in!!!!  THIS IS GREAT Y'ALL

I made an appointment to get back into the deep tissue massage thing because my right shoulder has been acting all hinky, the first opening that works with my schedule though isn't until March 12th, but that's ok, I can wait, it's not emergent!  I did a lot of research and really want to go to this place, too.  I'll keep lacrosse ball work up until then!

Uhhhh what else

I can't remember!!

I feel like sometimes it's a struggle against time to do things like updating and keeping up with people but I'll do my best and everything is great~ <3

• Like 8

15 minutes ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Where is hinky on the spectrum in relation to janky?

Hinky is well shy of Janky on the Shenanigans spectrum, IIRC? Much closer to Sketch. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, shaar said:

sometimes it's a struggle against time to do things like updating and keeping up with people

Oh man, I feel these feels.  I haven't been 'round here in far too long.  Great job getting in to the gym!  Keep killin it, you're doing great!!

HI ALL I'm at work on my phone but I have an informal poll to ask of you all... :3

1. How many hours of sleep do you on average get a night?

2. Do you feel it's working for you?

3. How many hours of sleep would you ideally like to get a night?

• Like 2

1. Never the same every night.

2. mmm. No not, really, no

3.  HA!  yes I GOT THIS.  the answer is 7hours!  I got that because my gps watch tracks sleeping time over many days. if you average all the nights you get 7.0 hours; not more and not less.

so My problems is that too many 6 hours nights lead to an 8 or 9 hour night; which screws around with all of my routines.

that said I'm sure #3 is different for everybody.  

• Thanks 1

1. Wildly swinging between 4.5 and 12 depending on what day you're asking about.

2. Well, I have not died yet, but it's hardly optimal come Tuesday and Thursday

3. More than 4? Darn near impossible to achieve on some days

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, shaar said:

HI ALL I'm at work on my phone but I have an informal poll to ask of you all... :3

1. How many hours of sleep do you on average get a night?

2. Do you feel it's working for you?

3. How many hours of sleep would you ideally like to get a night?

1) depends on mood, can vary from 4 /5 hours to 10 hours

2) no i need a better schedule - either going to bed at a set time or waking at a set time

3) 7 or 8 would be ideal i think. 

• Thanks 1