• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Calibre

Calibre Vs. The Intersect 2.0

A NEW RANGER ENTERS THE RANKS 

Ok,  I only slightly promise not to cause too much trouble or drama, @RES will vouch for me ;)

So, for the uninitiated let me give you a brief synopsis on me: just turned 42, male, married, Michigan born and bred, seriously needing to be healthier. 

So, with my obsessions with film and TV in tow, I bring you my new version, Calibre 2.0!

A7AcQA.gif.9f06a8047f74fcd940377749d06d9d4f.gif

Now, for my first journey with the Rangers, I'm going to expand on parts of my previous challenge, work in some newness, and see what else bubbles up to the surface! 

For starters, here are the primary goals (may add if desired):

Food - eat at least a piece of fruit daily! 

Exercise - workout for at least 15 mins 3x a week, one involving walking

So far a basic start but I've got thoughts and plans I hope to work in before Week One. 

1T9f.gif.ceb96373c42d287137a4026646b12dcb.gif

Let's do this! 

Edited by Calibre
Visual Updates!
  • Like 7

Following along. So are you visiting or do you plan to become a permanent addition to the Ranger Corps?
Very likely to stick around!
  • Like 4

On 2/4/2019 at 7:54 PM, RES said:

e47e2a4b8751881a0797b853f142c0eaf9de7363

Uh-oh, this doesn't start well... on the other hand, this is @RES...

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor wink kiss gif

I knew a @Calibre once

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor good to see you again gif

(or was it Nottingham), still, pretty sure you look familiair traveler! ;) 

May i instruct you to join festivities in our beloved "Leaky Tankard", grab a pint (i'll take one too) we have some catching up to do!

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

On 2/4/2019 at 8:28 PM, Calibre said:

Food - eat at least a piece of fruit daily! 

Exercise - workout for at least 15 mins 3x a week, one involving walking

So far a basic start but I've got thoughts and plans I hope to work in before Week One.

Basic is the best place to start; then work yourself up from there. AND welcome to the Rangers :loyal:

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Mr_Willes said:

Uh-oh, this doesn't start well... on the other hand, this is @RES...

56347848.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Week Zero Setup

So the week has been somewhat of a cluster-frak but small strides are what will make for success. During my previous challenge, I started to perform a 30 Day Challenge from Darebee in addition to my exercise goal and I think this time it'll do me well to do the same. 

Spoiler

kicks-and-punches-challenge-intro.jpg.320573bb8f107ffeed69982fd25d35e4.jpg

With that in tow, I think that I can really get some major exercising in during the challenge.

Some fruit has been bought as of tonight so I'll have some bananas and apples to start off the challenge. I'm thinking of some oranges too but I'm going to need to figure out a few more ideas especially ones that can hold up a little longer than normal.

I feel like I could something else for the challenge but that will hopefully come up before Monday. We'll see what the weekend will bring.

• Like 4

giphy4.gif

you might sneak into ranger guilds, but I'll still find you for some cheer ;) 

3x 15 minutes sound perfect and walking is always great. If you really want to add more, how about a water goal? Or sleep? It does look like a well rounded challenge though as is. 

Give it your best, mate, you got this :cheerful:

• Like 2

On 2/10/2019 at 1:04 PM, Elastigirl said:

Welcome to the Rangers. That looks like a fun workout

Thank you!! Yeah, so far so good with the Challenge workout. I've still got other workouts I'm going to tackle but a little toning can't hurt, especially since some Rangers have poor hand to hand experience :witless:

On 2/10/2019 at 8:06 PM, NicTheRugger said:

Hooray, we're rangering up together! Following along for fun goals and an awesome workout plan!

Awwww Yeah!!!! You bet! Following you too and we're going to awesome all over the place!! ;)

18 hours ago, lucky fire dragon said:

giphy4.gif

you might sneak into ranger guilds, but I'll still find you for some cheer ;) 

3x 15 minutes sound perfect and walking is always great. If you really want to add more, how about a water goal? Or sleep? It does look like a well rounded challenge though as is. 

Give it your best, mate, you got this :cheerful:

LOL Me... sneak?!? I'm like a 320 pound fat ninja!! Yes, I'll take all the cheer!! 

I do actually have an additional thing I'm going to add officially. I've been off and on performing on some podcasts over the last 3 years. I've got a plan for one that I'm going to put together myself but I just need to execute those plans. I am going to give updates here as to my progress getting the first 5 episodes recorded and ready for broadcast (I want to have 5 done so I don't feel like I'm under a time crunch to get more done). Here's to more!! Formal update soon!

• Like 4

oooh intriguing :) What are the podcasts going to be about? That is a very exciting project

Sneaking has nothing to do with size, I think, but stealth and I trust you will all the stealth when you put your mind to it :ph34r: also remember Kung Fu Panda? that is a mighty ninja warrior, right there and he is definitely not small :D 

• Like 3

oooh intriguing  What are the podcasts going to be about? That is a very exciting project

Sneaking has nothing to do with size, I think, but stealth and I trust you will all the stealth when you put your mind to it  also remember Kung Fu Panda? that is a mighty ninja warrior, right there and he is definitely not small  
My plan for the whole podcast series will be talking about how movies and television shows talk about society and social issues. I've got this plan in my head and I think it could be very interesting. So far I'm just planning to record short episodes (less than 30 mins) by myself then hopefully get others to talk with me in a round table kind of way, get others thoughts on it.

Yeah, size has nothing to do with stealth but always kinda fun
  • Like 4

In just about everything there has to be a Goldilocks Zone. A place where it's not too hostile yet not too stagnant. I'm having some real big issues finding it this week. Trying to keep up and failing. 9c29bfd91ab74c15f5fbd90e0a067863.gif

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Calibre said:

In just about everything there has to be a Goldilocks Zone. A place where it's not too hostile yet not too stagnant. I'm having some real big issues finding it this week. Trying to keep up and failing. 9c29bfd91ab74c15f5fbd90e0a067863.gif

Sorry to hear that. Maybe have a look at your schedule and if you are trying to do too much, see what you can maybe cut down on a bit? Otherwise just hang in there. Next week is another week to try and go for things. It does however look like a lot of us have had difficulties keeping up with week 1.

• Like 3

1) Your podcast sounds awesome! I hope you'll share a link when it gets up and running!

2) Motivation is like the tide- it ebbs and flows, and sometimes, when it ebbs, it makes it hard to try and get things done! If you need to, take a couple of days to yourself! Find time to do something that brings you joy, and don't focus on the challenge for a bit. And then, come back, let us know how you're doing!

• Like 1

Just a brief update: I am actually attempting to work on my goals despite a complete upheaval in my usual routine. Very little downtime has led to no actual workouts and only 2/4 of the 30 Day challenge completed. Today I've got most of Day 3 done so that'll be good. No progress on my podcast prep but that will hopefully come up soon.

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Calibre said:

Just a brief update: I am actually attempting to work on my goals despite a complete upheaval in my usual routine. Very little downtime has led to no actual workouts and only 2/4 of the 30 Day challenge completed. Today I've got most of Day 3 done so that'll be good. No progress on my podcast prep but that will hopefully come up soon.

Yeah, that tends to throw one out and then you grab everywhere to just keep things together and and do the basics (of life, never mind the NF challenge) :). All the best for week 2.

• Like 3

Because I forgot to put this in the original update, I have actually gone 6 for 6 with my 1 fruit a day! Bananas and an apple so far but I've got plenty of apples remaining and fresh fruit isn't hard to come by, just have to get it.

• Like 4