• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Calibre

Calibre Vs. The Intersect 2.0

Week One Update

Yesterday didn't end my week very well since I was hardly conscious or awake but sicker than ANYTHING!! Didn't do anything to cause it but I haven't been this sick since a "friend" introduced me to Vodka and Red Bull

Exercise: 0/3 and 4/7 for challenge. Not liking these results, need to redouble my efforts to get my workouts done, especially if I want to try a 5k this year.

Fruits: 7/7! Woohoo!! I know it's not much but it's an improvement! Bananas for the most part, used one in a breakfast shake one day, one day an apple. Today will be an apple since I'm out of bananas. Need to resupply soon.

Podcast: No progress. I know that I've not gotten much info out about this or more progress here to record. I'd really like to get stuff out before too long. More info on this later.

An ok first week but nowhere to go from here but up!

• Like 3

You had a decent first week. Honestly, if we were able to hit all our goals like it was cake, they wouldn't be very good challenge goals. You've done well, now this week aim for a tiny bit better! 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Calibre said:

I haven't been this sick since a "friend" introduced me to Vodka and Red Bull

That was no friend! :lol:

• Like 1

On 2/18/2019 at 1:01 PM, JessFit said:

You had a decent first week. Honestly, if we were able to hit all our goals like it was cake, they wouldn't be very good challenge goals. You've done well, now this week aim for a tiny bit better! 

Yeah that's true though if I could have gotten one of the workouts in I would feel slightly better. There's always this week. 

On 2/18/2019 at 3:32 PM, NicTheRugger said:

What Jess said! Challenges are meant to be just that- challenges. You had a really solid first week, and the only way to go from here is up! You've got this :) 

Quite right my friend! I'm really hoping to get some of the podcast stuff ready to record. I'm just randomly coming up with great lines to put in so far :

19 hours ago, RES said:

That was no friend! :lol:

Oh of all the Gods Above and Below! You're absolutely right! She was definitely no friend, not a true one in the slightest. 

Monday Week 2

No podcast work, no workout, did my side kicks, and had an apple :) 

• Like 3

Week 2 Day 2

My Tuesdays are usually shorter shifts but worked a full shift. No exercise but challenge done, apple as a post-dinner snack, no podcast work. Lazy night.

This morning already got a workout in but definitely need to work on my form for crunches. You'd think after 100 I'd be sore but I'm not so I'm probably doing them wrong! Work time!

• Like 3

Week 2 Day 3

Despite the good start this morning the rest of the day crashed and burned. Did manage an apple as an after dinner snack again but for the most part my night was half trying to appease, half being ignored.

I just want to sleep and fix some of the patches in this busted armor of mine.

• Like 4

You are doing what you can, when you can. That's all anyone can ask for. Nice getting that early morning workout in! And you are very good on the fruit. Just keep at it.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Calibre said:

Pro Tip: 

When you're surrounded by Dementors

giphy.gif.2aec24c73143d44cd898e336d2ab5f60.gif

Find your Patronus!

1311344178_200(1).gif.dfd4e8e432349d1b3ee762c8761c3158.gif

Maybe I missed this elsewhere, but what is your house? Personally, I'm a Ravenclaw! 

dem.jpg

• Like 1

Maybe I missed this elsewhere, but what is your house? Personally, I'm a Ravenclaw! 
dem.jpg.1e9f4a7aa236da71639525bdbffcb920.jpg
Never have said it before but I fall into Gryffindor!
  • Like 2

So, the end of week 2 didn't make any improvements whatsoever so that's something I'm going to have to fix. Been off the fruit wagon for 5 days as of this morning but I'll grab bananas from work and fix that. I'm at Day 9 of the punches and kicks challenge so I can hit that later with effort.

Life is becoming something of a chaotic mess around here but I'm trying to maintain a positive attitude and keep my head and thoughts moving forward. Major changes will need to happen but I need to push for it.

• Like 3

It's amazing what a difference staying positive can make.  It's not always easy, but it's worth working on.  Keep up the good work!

• Like 2

Times of change can always be challenging to face heads on. If you ever need to vent about anything, my inbox is open! As for the fruit goal, what if you stuck a piece in your work bag or lunch bag the night before? Having something packed ahead of time might make it easier for you to stay on track.

And you've got this =) I believe in you!

• Like 2

Really needing to take an assessment of my actions both in macro and micro and see what I can do to help my progress.

A bigger, more pressing issue (as I should have already learned this lesson) is to not allow the opinions and actions of others deter me from what I want to accomplish.

• Like 4

On 3/3/2019 at 2:08 PM, Calibre said:

not allow the opinions and actions of others

This is a big thing that is hard to learn for many people.  I hope you make good progress on this front.

How are you doing with fruit this week?

• Like 3

On 3/3/2019 at 9:08 PM, Calibre said:

A bigger, more pressing issue (as I should have already learned this lesson) is to not allow the opinions and actions of others deter me from what I want to accomplish.

Agree, this is difficult to learn, especially if it is the opinion and comments from people you care about, or whose opinion you normally value. For me that goes hand in hand with learning to trust yourself, your own opinion and choices, especially if made from experience, or just from where you know you need to go.

• Like 2

On 3/3/2019 at 2:08 PM, Calibre said:

Like Cheetah and Elize have said, this is something that's very difficult to learn! Our society teaches us that we should value the opinions of others more than we value our own, and it takes time to unlearn this.  The kinds of people who are making the kind of comments that are deterring someone from moving towards their goals are people who either don't value you, are jealous that you're taking steps to improve and want to drag you down so that they feel better about themselves, or are just inconsiderate people who don't care what affect their words have on you.  Like Elize said, learning to trust yourself and your own opinion, and understanding your value, as well as understanding why you want to do something, takes time but it's the best way to fight back against the haters.

And, because it's NerdFitness, have some advice from some much beloved characters:

image.png.8910ea04f17f501951e65f55684ba0b2.png

and as Her Awesomeness, Peggy Carter teaches, 

635684270_Iknowmyvalue.gif.6c6ce642827fbaa0dcdcc33ec0d9c6de.gif

1920739226_anyoneelsesopiniondoesntreallymatter.gif.dbbdfd9a3fe54280efc99599b80ec09b.gif

• Like 3