• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Fonzico

Fonizco Fills up on Food of GOODNESS!

On 2/12/2019 at 4:09 PM, Fonzico said:

We were taking the dogs to the dog park together for a while there - it's been literally -40 with the wind chill for almost 2 weeks now though, so we haven't gone in a bit. Hopefully that can start up again soon :)

:cold::blue::grey::cold:

No way! Yikes, that's just too cold. I hope you and Sister get some time to catch up on each other now that training together won't happen regularly.

• Like 1

Yesterday was solid.

I was seriously tempted to have something off plan, and my intention to not use a point today was really the factor that helped me resist.

I had a coffee, some almonds and a cheese stick instead.

After work I had a little nap (seriously I don't handle having my sleep schedule messed with well AT ALL.), then went to Michael's - I'm making one of those chalk board style things for my friends' baby's first birthday. I was super annoyed because they didn't have what I wanted...
I ended up just getting black canvases, and hoping those will work. And dollar store chalk pens, because screw you Michaels and your rip off ways!
Bah. Anyways. Here's the one I did for the kid's sister a few years ago:
Resized_20190106_090427.jpeg

Anyways. A very late dinner consisted of a keto beef pot pie, with a top crust made of keto biscuits. It was delicious.
There may also have been some snacking on fancy cheese and pickled asparagus.

Today is my sushi lunch date!

And kettlebells tonight ;)

• Like 3

Hmmm. Yesterday was a bit all over the place.

Started out with an asthma attack :/ no fun. I went into work late because I was so shaky from my inhalers.

My sushi lunch date was awesome though. And basically keto! I had a tiny bit of rice, but it was 95% just a fish fest!

I started getting a bad headache in the afternoon though and felt like death by the time I got home.
Napped for a couple hours. Got up and had leftovers for supper, and then used up a point on the day after all by having some wine.
And then went up bed early.

No Kettlebells :(

Thank absolute goodness it's Friday! And a long weekend to boot.

I have mega plans to Get Shit Done this weekend... And to eat well, dammit!

Time to do some meal planning!

• Like 2

Alright, so this week's goals are the same as last week.. except I'm going to actually meet them this time?!

Except can we count Monday as part of last week? It was a holiday after all...

Hah.

Yesterday was good though.
And I did meal prep - I made a massive batch of roasted veggies for salad purposes, and an equally massive batch of slow cooked beef, which will cover lunches for the week.

And sister is coming to kettlebells tomorrow!

• Like 4

14 hours ago, Fonzico said:

And I did meal prep - I made a massive batch of roasted veggies for salad purposes, and an equally massive batch of slow cooked beef, which will cover lunches for the week.

Sounds yummy! Monday is gone, it was part of last week :D

Yah for sister and KBs!

• Like 1

Sounds yummy! Monday is gone, it was part of last week
Yah for sister and KBs!
I like the way you think :)

Ooh and I forgot to mention that I did a thing!
I got all caught up on entering expenses for the business, AND we did inventory!

I still have to actually do the GST return, but it's really easy. And I have to enter the inventory adjustments but it's all counted!
I will get those things done this weekend, and then I can have briiiiiisket!

Today has been not too bad. I did supplement the salad I brought for lunch with shepherds pie from the cafeteria...
Not keto! But not that bad. It came with green beans.

Aaaand I was seriously going to have dessert afterwards, but the vending machine malfunctioned! Hahaha something is looking out for me...
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Fonzico said:

I was seriously going to have dessert afterwards, but the vending machine malfunctioned! Hahaha something is looking out for me...

image.png.72095aea2c177316f17ed3d19982a39a.png

(this was the best the internet could do for me...)

• Like 1

This week has been going fairly well.

Kettlebell class was awesome! I used 12kgs for alllllllmost the whole time - I tried so hard! But we were doing these ladders of get ups, windmills, lunge kicks, OH squats and snatches near the end of class, and I just couldn't maintain the 12kg.
Still! Huge progress for me, and I'm really proud of it.

Food has been decent - I'm still overeating a bit overall, but at least it's been keto food.
I even resisted the treats at work on Friday (well, mostly. I may have had 2 jellybeans).

And I didn't drink throughout the week. Although I sure did on Friday/Sat. I've become obsessed with gin fizzes... Mmmmm...

Yesterday we went out to the inlaws acreage - they're leaving for vacation today, so FIL wanted to go over some stuff with hubs for while they're gone. The pups and I went for a good tromp through the deep snow.

Aaaand we took home some new (to us) appliances! A dish washer (ours isn't working. Our landlord would certainly fix it if we asked, but it kind of sucked anyways even when it did work. So we're just going to stick it in the basement for now and he can deal with it whenever we move out.) It was leftover from some office reno, and has apparently barely been used. So yay!
And a small chest freezer. So not only is that awesome, I got a decent workout helping John get them into the house!

Today is all about getting some business stuff done, maybe some cleaning and definitely some meal prep.

• Like 3

Chest freezer sounds like a super good score!
Especially since it was half full of food!

It was from when his dad was doing a big job out of town and his crew was living there during the weeks, so he bought the freezer for them to use. The job is wrapped up now so he claims he doesn't need it anymore... Probably not true, but he can borrow it back if he does need it again.

Mmm, free steak is the best steak!
  • Like 3

I actually accomplished what I intended to yesterday, which is pretty impressive considering that I took a 3 hour nap in the afternoon?

I made a big batch of roasted veggies for my salads for the week. This strategy seems to be a winner.

I also cleaned the bathroom and finally put away the vast majority of the laundry! Ahhhh the bedroom is so much better now. Who knew there was a floor in there?

Hubs and I had a solid sit down to talk about everything we want to do/accomplish with our t-shirt business this year. Which is amazing, because it's more of a plan than we've had ever, and we figured out some good, actionable items and prioritized them :D

Food choices were decent, I didn't drink, I DID take the dogs for a nice long romp even though it's cold as balls again (or still? We had like 2 nice days.. )

And I still had time to watch a movie! (Social Animals. I enjoyed it).

So, goal wise, I did at least make one of them - even counting Monday, I kept to my 4 points of cheating.
Since I drank Monday, I don't get that one, but I stuck to my Fri/sat only goal the rest of the week.
I also did not come close to my under 1600 calories goal... Unfortunately, I can make good food choices all day but if I don't get this under control, it's not going to work.
And I did not succeed at having a big serving of veggies with every dinner on two nights.

But hey! $5 goes into the fund, and we try again this week!

Sister is coming to kettlebells BOTH days this week, so that's exciting!

It's going to be a good week.

• Like 3

On 2/22/2019 at 1:40 AM, Fonzico said:

I got all caught up on entering expenses for the business, AND we did inventory!

I still have to actually do the GST return, but it's really easy.

Finances! Huge win!

Congrats on all the other goals that you did great in. There might have been something once or twice that you missed, but... just getting things back under control and moving forward is great in my book.

Enjoy KB with your sister this week.

• Like 1

Well, my stinker of a sister bailed on Monday
At least I still went. I wasn't feeling super strong, but it wasn't bad either.

I've been slaying my food goals so far this week (a whole two days, wahoo!) - all keto, no alcohol, no nonsense.

I'm trying this whole alter ego mentality thing. Like, maybe I wouldn't make the best choice, but this badass chick I'm embodying totally would, so we'll just go along with that.
I like it, so far.
It meant that my eating was on point yesterday, and that I got some more work done in the evening instead of slothing my time away.

Now I just need to keep the streak going! One more day.

• Like 3

Another solid day, goal wise - food was good (okay, maybe I didn't need the SECOND spoonful of peanut butter, but still).
No alcohol.
Win.

I was exhausted after work though, and pretty much passed out after dinner.

I have a dentist appointment this afternoon (whoooo).
Kettlebells this evening.

And it's my turn to bring snacks to work tomorrow, so I'm going to make teeny little bunless sliders on toothpicks :)

• Like 5

Surprise surprise, my sister bailed again :/

It's a good thing I'm not relying on her for motivation to go!

It was a quiet class, just me and two of the other regular ladies.

I'm sure the instructor doesn't prefer it that way, but I enjoyed it!

I went waaay hard with doubles 12s at the beginning though and then spent the rest of the workout trying to fight off lightheadedness.

Probably also contributed to my forgetting my electrolytes again...

Still. I made it through.

The dentist was also good. No bad news. Except that I need a night guard, which I already knew. I'm going back next week to get fitted for one.

Aaaand I ordered prescription sunglasses! I'm so excited, I've never had them before. I've always had to wear my contacts if I wanted to wear sunglasses and as time goes on, I dislike wearing contacts more and more. I can't believe I used to wear them all day every day.

But yeah, we got an increase to our health spending account at work, so I can afford them - they should make my disc golf life so much better!

Today is my turn to bring snacks for work - I'm making little bitty bunless sliders :)

I'm feeling good today, (possibly helped my the fact that my weight is finally going down again) and ready to crush the weekend!

• Like 5

IIRC There was a time when your sister bailing meant you skipped too. Nice job embracing the grind.
Truth. I admit that the thought crossed my mind, but it was pretty fleeting.
I'm finally getting back into using 12s, skipping class will just set me back!
  • Like 3

Bah, who needs a week three slump?

Not this guy.

This week has been amazing. I ate smart ALL week. I only drank on Friday and Saturday, as agreed. I went to kettlebells twice.
I finished the GST return and inputting our inventory.
Roasted veggies are in the oven as we speak, getting ready to feed me salads all week.

And we just put in a quote for a $2500 order!

I'm seriously just rolling in momentum over here :D

Things are gearing up in disc golf land right now, which on one hand is hard because the season is still 6-8 weeks away.
On the other hand, we still have a lot to get done to be prepared.

I'm trying right now to both mentally prepare myself it, and to come up with some strategies to help me not go crazy.
Being away from home, basically every other weekend from May 3- Oct1 is tough. There's so little time to catch up on things, and you have to get everything done in the evenings.
So my current strategy is to maximize my discipline. And usually that feeds well from one area to another.
So until May, all that effort is going into spring cleaning, getting the business stuff ready, keeping up on the nutrition front and working out.
Then I can let the workouts and the major cleaning go, add in maintenance cleaning and playing disc golf 24/7 and hopefully survive :D

All that sounds a little insane, but I've been doing SO much better lately with not procrastinating, I think I can actually pull it off this year.

Anyways. Brain dump.

Have an amazing final week, all! We got this!

• Like 6

Nice work this week!

Good luck with getting ahead before disc golf kicks into high gear. You've been through this before so you know what you're up against, so I believe you can do it!

• Like 1

On 3/1/2019 at 3:46 PM, Fonzico said:

Aaaand I ordered prescription sunglasses! I'm so excited, I've never had them before. I've always had to wear my contacts if I wanted to wear sunglasses and as time goes on, I dislike wearing contacts more and more. I can't believe I used to wear them all day every day.

We're in the same frame of mind w.r.t. contact lenses! I'm considering getting prescription sunglasses too.

What a great week3! Keep the ball rolling!

• Like 1