• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Shello

Shello Has Part of a Plan

I've really been struggling with staying committed to my goals for the past few challenges and it just continues to get worse... I decided to follow Deffy's foodsteps and have a good think on what is holding me back and what I need.

• I have not been tracking.  I've been going out to eat more so logging has been more difficult but also I just can't be arsed to do it lately. 
  • I am going out to eat more, mostly with DDG, but sometimes just because my schedule can be crazy and I'm ill prepared.
  • I'm also snacking too much.  I'm not as worried about the quality because I think there can be room for anything in the right amounts.  But there are plenty of times I am snacking to the point of being uncomfortable.  That's too much.  
  • I'm not making fitness a priority.  This needs to change but just where it fits in with schedule is not necessarily clear to me.
  • I am not gyming consistently.  When I have the kids I am busy most nights of the week running kids around to their activities.  When I don't have the kids I am running around with DDG and a lot of our plans are last minute.  School is also in session so I am either teaching after work and getting home late or I'm working late to make up for leaving work early on class days.
  • My teaching schedule has never gotten in the way of gyming before so if it's a problem now it's only because I'm letting it be a problem. 
  • My workouts are not inspired.  I hit the elliptical a couple days a week and then try and drag my ass to bootcamp Saturday mornings.  I do enjoy the bootcamp (interpreted loosely) but it also costs me a $10 drop in fee each time.  
  • I want to start lifting again but without sacrificing cardio.
  • I can't realistically add more gym days to my schedule
  • I still hate cardio
  • My gym has an anti-deadlift policy. 
  • I need goals 

What does all that mean?  First, I need a plan, but not a rigid plan.  Maybe just part of a plan.  

Related image

Image result for i have part of a plan gif

Fitness 

• I have a loose gym schedule that I'd like to follow.  It's not too rigid and allows for last minute changes.   Based on that schedule I'd like to get in 10 workouts by the end of the challenge; tentatively 2  boot camps and 8 gym sessions.
  • Since adding more gym days for strength will just lead to failure I'm going to aim to do both at once.  For the gym days, I will incorpoarate the big 4 lifts (with a deadlift substitute) and 35 minutes on the elliptical.  

Food

I haven't read the Intuitive Eating book yet but it's on the docket for this year.  But based on what I've gathered from other people this will be my attempt to eat intuitively. 

• I refuse to force myself to log food.  If it happens, it happens.  
  • I also refuse to restrict myself.  If I want cake, I shall have cake. 
  • I'll refer to the hunger scale and try to avoid the extremes.  I'll grade each day based on how I think I've done in listening to my hunger and eating accordingly.  
  • I'll use the scale below.  Red is bad, yellow is less bad. Greed is good. 
  • I'll plan my food for the week so I have choices but not plan so much that I feel the need eat on a prescribed plan.  

Image result for intuitive eating hunger scale

• Like 6

Following along! I'll probably only show up 12% of the challenge!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

• Like 2

On 2/4/2019 at 1:25 PM, Sloth the Enduring said:

Solid, yet flexible, plan. Following.

Good.  That's what I was going for. 

On 2/4/2019 at 1:56 PM, deftona said:

Following along because 12% of a plan sounds good enough to me.

Welcome!

On 2/4/2019 at 4:26 PM, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

12% of a plan is better than 11% of a plan, and eleventy billion times better than no % of a plan.

Well said.

13 hours ago, jmk said:

Following along! I'll probably only show up 12% of the challenge!

LOL.  At this rate I may only check in 12% if the time.

• Like 2

Week 0 No frills update so far

Monday - I was eating lunch as I wrote up my challenge.  I neglected to prep my lunches over the weekend so I grabbed a mini pizza and a rice krispie treat from work.  I could have stopped early but didn't and ate the rice krispy treat.  I finished lunch at an 8 on the hunger scale so just a tidge too much.  Dinner was leftover birthday pizza.  I did really well and stopped eating at a 7.  That's a great start considering all I ate was pizza all day.  

Tuesday - A really rough day.  It started with a sucker punch from DBE and that's how the day was all day.  The attacks from DBE left me gutted all day.  The exchange student also moved out.  She was having some anxiety affecting her appetite and having stomach issues.  They moved her to a house with another exchange student.  I am personally relieved.  I was over the experience.  Qbert was disappointed. 

I had planned to hit the gym and cook lasagna for dinner.  I had no energy for the gym after the day fighting with DBE and since Junna left I had only me to cook for so I ordered a pizza.  OK, I also ordered the pizza to eat my feelings but I didn't really overeat.  I was somewhere between a 7 and an 8.  Lunch was the usual since I prepped lunches the night before and it was the perfect portion size.  I avoided any sweets or snacks after lunch since my hunger was satisfied.  

Wednesday - The management team at work went out for lunch.  I had a french dip and some fries.  I wasn't stuffed when I was done but I could have stopped halfway through but didn't.    Dinner was leftover pizza.   I wasn't hungry until quite late so I held off on eating then warmed up a couple slices.  I stopped halfway through the 2nd piece because I recognized I was satisfied.   

• Like 3

Just now, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Sorry about DBE being a DB. That stinks. I had totally forgotten about Exchange Student.

Thanks.  I've gained some clarity from my counselor about his pattern of behavior and it helps to be able to predict what's going to happen.  This one was particularly brutal though.  

It's been tough to bond with the exchange student.  She clams up around adults it seems and since the kids aren't around every other week I think it was making her feel more and more lonely.  I think the move is best for her and me.  Qbert is upset but honestly he didn't put that much effort into socializing either.  

• Like 3

On 2/5/2019 at 3:06 AM, Shello said:
  •  

Image result for intuitive eating hunger scale

That chart is very enlightening for me, mostly because I noticed that I am at 10 WAY more often than 3. I have some work to do

On 2/8/2019 at 8:57 AM, jmk said:
On 2/8/2019 at 7:19 AM, Sloth the Enduring said:

Let’s go over there and rough him up some.

I'm in!

On my way

• Like 1

On 2/7/2019 at 4:43 PM, deftona said:

I wanna give that damn DBE a piece of my mind...

I'm sure that would be epic. 

On 2/7/2019 at 5:19 PM, Sloth the Enduring said:

Let’s go over there and rough him up some.

On 2/7/2019 at 6:57 PM, jmk said:

I'm in!

As we are on a public forum I can not endorse this.... But I'm sure you all know my feelings on this. 

On 2/8/2019 at 8:05 PM, WhiteGhost said:

That chart is very enlightening for me, mostly because I noticed that I am at 10 WAY more often than 3. I have some work to do

On my way

I felt pretty much the same way.  It has been helpful.  

• Like 1

Thursday - Lunch was the usual.  There may or may not have been some M&Ms.  They happenned on some afternoon last week.  Dinner was more leftover pizza.  I had a few eariler in the evening and stopped before I got full.  DDG came over later in the evening after work so I shared the rest of it with him.  I had to take Peach to her therapy appointment and it was right in the middle of the free time in the evening.  There wasn't enough time beforehand for a trip to the gym and it was too late afterwards.  

Friday - I had my therapy appointment over lunch so I grabbed Jimmy Johns for lunch.  For dinner the kids and I grabbed some deli pizzas.  I had 2 extra teenagers at the house so we had plenty of pizza and I ate too much.  No trip to the gym.  Peach spent the evening baking me a birthday cake.  She made a 4 layer chocolate cake with homemade buttercream frosting and decorated with lots of candy.  She did it all without help and weas very impressive.

Saturday - I had to get Qbert to the school by 5:30! for a science bowl competition out of town.  I did manage to fall back asleep afterward.  However I did not make it to bootcamp.  Breakfast was late in the morning and was a slice of leftover pizza.  Peach and I headed to the movies to celebrate my Bday.  We had lots of candy leftover from the cake so we packed it in the movie purse and took it with us.  I did grab some nachos at the theater but then didn't eat hardly any candy.  We went out for Chinese afterwards and we were too stuffed afterwards to even be able to eat any cake.  I definitely pushed the limits on the hunger scale.

Sunday - I slept in to make up for the day before.  "breakfast' was bacon on cheez toast.  Lunch was a PB&J and then we were off to the board game cafe for the afternoon and evening.  DDG met us there and the kids got to meet him.  That went very well and a good time was had by all!  I had a smoothie, an individual pizza, and a cookie throughout the evening.  I didn't overeat much as it was spaced out but I wasn't necessarily hungry everytime I ate.  

• Like 5

I guess those Planet Fitness staffers really did lock her up...

We need a Ranger rescue mission!!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 2/23/2019 at 10:50 AM, NeverThatBored said:

Your gym doesn't allow deadlifts?? Why in the world not?

How are things going?

ikr?  They do have a deadlift machine...?  

On 2/23/2019 at 11:09 AM, Sloth the Enduring said:

Shello’s a lunk.  Maybe if you ask them nicely...

That's probably from the PF by me. 

On 3/1/2019 at 12:20 PM, DrFeelgood said:

giphy.gif

Yay.  You got here just in time for me to ghost my challenge. 

On 3/8/2019 at 9:18 PM, Xena said:

I guess those Planet Fitness staffers really did lock her up...

We need a Ranger rescue mission!!

I made my way back! 

OK, let's try this again....

• Like 1