• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Mike Wazowski

Mike Wazowski tries some process goals

1 hour ago, Mike Wazowski said:

I felt myself getting tired and decided to just wind down early and curl up in bed rather than turning on some mindless TV or a podcast like I often would do in the past

This is something I need to do more often. I wind up falling asleep on the couch because I don't want to go to bed yet, even though I am clearly tired. And then end up having to wake myself up enough to brush my teeth, etc and then wind back down to sleep. I'll (hopefully) follow your lead :)

• Like 1

21 hours ago, JustCallMeAmber said:

This is something I need to do more often. I wind up falling asleep on the couch because I don't want to go to bed yet, even though I am clearly tired. And then end up having to wake myself up enough to brush my teeth, etc and then wind back down to sleep. I'll (hopefully) follow your lead :)

Suuuper guilty of this! Minus the actually doing my grooming part...I usually just crawl into bed and figure missing a night here and there of brushing won't kill me.

Week 0, Day 4: 

Finished reading and taking notes on "Off the Clock" by Laura Vanderkam - first book I finished of the year! Also got some stuff done at work, including a first draft of installation / setup instructions for the slightly tricky setup of connecting python to our SAS server. Made some progress on my main project, hunted down some info materials for another project, and just generally felt good about my work. Decided not to try and cram an errand in between work and dance practice and instead used the time for some "video study" aka watching really good dancers from recent competitions on youtube. Practice itself was quite good, made progress on clarifying the story / flow of our open rumba and worked on getting our new cha cha more up and running - some sections are ticking along quite nicely and some are still a little clunky. Decided to cut off practice there, as my partner and I were both feeling a little run down.

Presence: Yup

Plan: Yup

Rest: Yup, though I maybe shouldn't have turned the tv back on when I got home from dance and instead enjoyed something more analog for entertainment (like a book? or just being alone with my own thoughts? but the second one's kinda scary :P)

Intentions: Not as consciously as I'd like, but good enough for zero week

Armor: Good enough for zero week

Oh, and minimalism update! I'm a month and a half into my minimalized wardrobe a la project 333, and I can safely say that even the ~40 items of clothing I landed on (plus active and loungewear) are more than I really need to dress myself day to day (I catch myself leaning towards a couple favorites and ending up with a few other last-resort type pieces). I don't have any planned action yet with this info, but it's leading me to believe that I'll be making a big textile recycling donation with a lot of the wintry clothing that didn't make the cut (and probably some summer stuff that gets cut when I do a season change-over too).

• Like 5

On 2/7/2019 at 12:15 PM, JustCallMeAmber said:

Ugh, the too-tired-to-even-get-ready-for-bed state is awful. Also bad is being too tired to focus on anything useful, but not tired enough to justify a daytime nap. 

On 2/8/2019 at 8:42 AM, Mike Wazowski said:

made progress on clarifying the story / flow of our open rumba and worked on getting our new cha cha more up and running 

This sounds good... what is the story, though? Do you design your own dance pieces and do they have themes or stories that inspire the moves?

• Like 1

On ‎2‎/‎8‎/‎2019 at 11:06 AM, raptron said:

Yay for a good practice. :D 

:D I always forget how energizing a good practice can be - but thankfully they're common with my new partner!

On ‎2‎/‎8‎/‎2019 at 11:06 AM, raptron said:

I vote book. ;) 

I'm starting to vote book for myself ;) tried it the past couple days and I'm a big fan. Especially legit physical books, though I may experiment with e-books on my iPad if I'm borrowing from the library (with brightness turned to zero).

16 hours ago, Harriet said:

Ugh, the too-tired-to-even-get-ready-for-bed state is awful. Also bad is being too tired to focus on anything useful, but not tired enough to justify a daytime nap. 

Yuuuuuup. Can relate to this feeling all too well.

16 hours ago, Harriet said:

This sounds good... what is the story, though? Do you design your own dance pieces and do they have themes or stories that inspire the moves?

Oh, it's more like finding some micro-stories within a piece of choreography our coach has given us - so like, is this particular moment about me forcefully bringing him closer, or is he drawing himself in (and other little decisions in that vein).

Weekend wrap-up: 

Basically, I lived in the dance studio and my kitchen this weekend - partner and I had a long practice (4+ hours) Friday and Saturday, I taught some classes Saturday (another 2 hours) and we had a 10-hour day on Sunday (10 am to 8 pm). Super fun, super rewarding and lots of good progress, but I am exhausted. I also attempted to make some sourdough bread and I think I didn't leave it to rise enough - it turned out disappointing and I decided this homemade bread thing was turning out too high stress, so I bagged it and bought a loaf from Trader Joe's when I was there Saturday morning. Also pre-caramelized some onions and red peppers to use in egg scrambles this week for breakfasts. And meal prepped a badass baked ziti, which I sadly did not photograph.

Presence: Didn't whip out my phone once during a dance day, which is a personal best for me - just stayed present and socialized with my partner or others in the studio during breaks. I think this habit should stick.

Plan: Really well overall, stayed intuitive and mindful Saturday and Sunday. Ate way too much pizza Friday night but have a plan to avoid recurrences, so calling it just a learning experience. I've...stopped daily weigh-ins, at least for a bit, until I can get to a place where they don't feel like the number I see on the scale will set the tone for my day (I caught myself falling back into a bit of that old mindset)

Rest: Mostly solid here, though Sunday night was only 6 hours of sleep thanks to a really long dance day and fumbling around with a new-to-me recipe (plus measuring out snacks for the week)

Intentions: Mostly successful here - I had a bit of a minor frustration tantrum on Friday because I was fumbling with the new cha cha choreo, but my partner was super understanding in helping me get through it and we decided to set a much more gradual pace ramp up schedule for the new choreo on Saturday and Sunday's practices (that'll still have us dancing it to full speed before the end of the month, which is our nominal goal of having one routine ramped up each month).

Armor: I *think* I did good here? Only moment that stands out is asking one of my dance girls what was troubling her and getting a chance to really connect on a human level. I also spoke up during a lesson when I knew I wouldn't be able to attack the homework I was given successfully without some help.

Happy week 1, y'all!

• Like 4

Neato. This all sounds awesome, apart from the sourdough. But that's what bakers are for. Good work on the being present/mindfulness and making a connection with someone. 

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Mike Wazowski said:

Basically, I lived in the dance studio and my kitchen this weekend - partner and I had a long practice (4+ hours) Friday and Saturday, I taught some classes Saturday (another 2 hours) and we had a 10-hour day on Sunday (10 am to 8 pm). Super fun, super rewarding and lots of good progress, but I am exhausted.

Exhausting but indeed it sounds brilliant! I'm very impressed you manage full time work + pro dancing at that level.

• Thanks 1

Yeah, that is a loooot of putting in work on the weekend. Is this ramping up to "season" for you? Do you guys have a season?

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Mike Wazowski said:

I decided this homemade bread thing was turning out too high stress, so I bagged it and bought a loaf from Trader Joe's when I was there Saturday morning. Also pre-caramelized some onions and red peppers to use in egg scrambles this week for breakfasts. And meal prepped a badass baked ziti, which I sadly did not photograph.

22 hours ago, Mike Wazowski said:

I've...stopped daily weigh-ins, at least for a bit, until I can get to a place where they don't feel like the number I see on the scale will set the tone for my day

asking one of my dance girls what was troubling her and getting a chance to really connect on a human level. I also spoke up during a lesson when I knew I wouldn't be able to attack the homework I was given successfully without some help.

this is just a selection of the good choices you outlined in one post! yeesh! amazing zero week. you had annoying things thrown at you and you just dodged them gracefully. asking for help is huge and you got it from trader joes, your dance partner, and a professor (i assume the professor helped when you spoke up).

tenor.gif?itemid=10840468

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

19 hours ago, Harriet said:

Neato. This all sounds awesome, apart from the sourdough. But that's what bakers are for. Good work on the being present/mindfulness and making a connection with someone. 

Yup, I'm happy to be part of a specialized economy and pay my dear friend Joe the Trader to bake for me. Thanks - work in progress, but progress is being made.

5 hours ago, @mu said:

Exhausting but indeed it sounds brilliant! I'm very impressed you manage full time work + pro dancing at that level.

Thank you! It's certainly a challenge with both time and energy, but it almost always all feels like time well spent (especially with the newer, more engaging job).

1 hour ago, raptron said:

Yeah, that is a loooot of putting in work on the weekend. Is this ramping up to "season" for you? Do you guys have a season?

Our season is every season, lol. This was more of a special case weekend:

• One of us had a conflict that pushed a weeknight practice to Friday (can't remember who, now) - and it wouldn't normally be 4 hours on a school night, but we were on a roll so we said "why not?"
  • Saturday was our usual length day (~4 hours), then I had a lesson to teach and a group class to sit in on (the 2 hours of teaching commitments)
  • Sunday was the only day our coach could fit in a lesson, and only during the evening (5-6:30) - and neither of us can leave right after a lesson without practicing and hope to retain the info we just got

Just to clarify, those hours are not necessarily all spent putting our bodies through reps on reps on reps - there's a lot of talking and troubleshooting that goes on, especially because this weekend we played around with what focus words help us to characterize each of our 5 dances, which required some talking and lots of iteration. And Sunday included both a meal break and over an hour of note taking, because neither of us likes paying for the same exact info twice. It was still a lot, and a little brutal on the bod, but our weeks are usually gentler (~12 hours total partnered time - 2 hours each on 2 weeknights, 4 hours each on Sat / Sun) plus whatever solo time we each put in (mine is about 2 1-hour sessions in the studio, his is some unknown number in his kitchen, lol).

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, CourtnieMarie said:

this is just a selection of the good choices you outlined in one post! yeesh! amazing zero week. you had annoying things thrown at you and you just dodged them gracefully. asking for help is huge and you got it from trader joes, your dance partner, and a professor (i assume the professor helped when you spoke up).

Thank you thank you - love how you're always able to find the positive choices amid my word vomit! It was actually during my dance lesson, even though I said class, so I wouldn't quite call my coach a professor (though he's about as quirky as your average college prof) - but spot on that asking for help worked out well (and is a part of being vulnerable that I rarely nail - I didn't proactively ask my partner for help and it took a LOT of hemming and hawing to finally outsource the bread making).

2 minutes ago, CourtnieMarie said:

tenor.gif?itemid=10840468

^^My mood right now! I'm surprisingly chipper this week.

Mini habits update, slash plan for week 1:

• Presence: Going to aim for a couple hours (literally 2) each work day with the phone put away and all non-work internet sites closed; will not bring the phone with me on the dance floor, except to run music for kids' class
  • Plan: I've been semi-mindlessly chowing down on desserts when they're offered to me at work and social events - goal is to not grab a dessert unless I'm thinking "F*** yeah, that sounds amazing" because feeling a little sluggish post a high butter / sugar content treat is only worth it if it tastes great (I feel a little sluggish after eating most desserts and my mouth feels...a bit acidic, maybe? Idk if that's the right word, but basically I can tell by mouthfeel that I've had a dessert recently and I don't love it)
  • Rest: Continue going to sleep on "school" nights when my lights dim out - this'll give me a 7.5 hour sleep time w/ my gym wake up, which is better than I've consistently been averaging; also continue the screen and podcast/audiobook free evening routine I've been enjoying
  • Intentions: I started playing with a "Kanban" style sticky note system at my work desk - gonna try to focus only on the WIP at hand, dump everything else over to a notebook; at dance, I'll make a quick plan for each solo practice then only do that, but do it well
  • Armor: Highlighted by what CM just pointed out (unintentionally - she didn't know that my dance partner had to proactively offer help, I didn't feel comfortable asking), I'm uncomfortable asking for help - my goal this week is to find one time when I'm a little uncomfortable / don't want to ask for help and just ask for it! I'll report back here - this is hopefully a small enough ask of myself that I can do it easily
  • Like 6

Armor: Highlighted by what CM just pointed out (unintentionally - she didn't know that my dance partner had to proactively offer help, I didn't feel comfortable asking), I'm uncomfortable asking for help - my goal this week is to find one time when I'm a little uncomfortable / don't want to ask for help and just ask for it! I'll report back here - this is hopefully a small enough ask of myself that I can do it easily

A suggestion from a fellow armor wearer:

It may be easier for you if you consider the people involved, as much as the situation. My decisions on when to doff armor, and when to don a shield to augment it, are based first and foremost on the people involved. To me, if I'm not comfortable lowering the shield and removing some armor with a person, it doesn't matter what the situation is, I'm extremely unlikely to do it. But when I consider the person involved before I consider the situation, these decisions become very easy for me. :)

• Like 1

On ‎2‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 1:24 PM, scalyfreak said:

A suggestion from a fellow armor wearer:

It may be easier for you if you consider the people involved, as much as the situation. My decisions on when to doff armor, and when to don a shield to augment it, are based first and foremost on the people involved. To me, if I'm not comfortable lowering the shield and removing some armor with a person, it doesn't matter what the situation is, I'm extremely unlikely to do it. But when I consider the person involved before I consider the situation, these decisions become very easy for me. :)

Oh true, I never thought explicitly about letting the relationship dictate how much armor I do or don't keep on for a given situation - but it's something I'll now aim to incorporate into my thinking!

Week 1, Day 2: 

Tuesday was...pretty solid all around. At work, I went down a bit of a rabbit hole about Kanban methodologies for organizing work thanks to a convo with my "work mom" from my prior job. And it led to me adding "Personal Kanban" to my reading list and reading the whole kindle sample, plus making my own work Kanban board with all the different projects and side projects I'm working on, including some actionable, discrete steps I can be taking for each. So far, I'm a fan of the setup because it doesn't require me to attempt to pre-plan too much (always a problem for me, because I'd *never* follow my pre-planned plan) and it lets me zero in on the most important task right now - plus moving notes to the "done" box lets me see how much I accomplished over the week, which is a nice plus over a more digital tool that hides tasks once they're marked complete. Also, the physical board is a natural convo starter with folks who walk by my desk. I also had some really good meetings with the statisticians I'll be building data visualizations for - should be a fun set of projects coming my way.

And then after work, I taught - still needed to read my kids the riot act for their ballroom frames, but at least yesterday we were able to add some new info about back engagement instead of *just* reviewing the same old info as before. And we worked on cleaning up their tango a bit, though there's much more that needs to be done! Then did a bit of my own practice to cement the walking form tweaks a visiting coach made at the beginning of the month and apply them throughout my basics routine (I tried to apply them to my open routine, but it's not yet in muscle memory enough to make *that* successful). Still felt like some solid work got accomplished in the practice, and my quads agreed that they were tired from it.

Went home, made a quick dinner of a frozen chicken burger patty with some sautéed kale on the side (cleaning out the freezer *and* quick and easy? double win!). And then did my quick wind down stretching, grooming, and dishwashing before curling up in bed with a chapter of "Harry Potter" and hitting the hay as my lights automatically dimmed out. 

Presence: Check

Plan: Check

Rest: Check

Intentions: Check

Armor: I ended up asking my "work mom" for help, so that counts? Still on the lookout for other opportunities though.

• Like 6

23 hours ago, Mike Wazowski said:

Oh true, I never thought explicitly about letting the relationship dictate how much armor I do or don't keep on for a given situation - but it's something I'll now aim to incorporate into my thinking! 

For me that was automatic... armor defends against attacks from people, after all. ;)

This leads to another thing that took me far too long to consider: What is the root cause of the armor? What is the Big Why that led to it existing in the first place? One of my long looong term personal goals, is to get to a point where I no longer need the armor. To get to a point where the weaknesses and vulnerabilities that had to be protected, have healed, and developed a high enough natural AC that donning full emotional plate armor is no longer necessary for meeting strangers or dealing with stress.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, scalyfreak said:

To get to a point where the weaknesses and vulnerabilities that had to be protected, have healed, and developed a high enough natural AC that donning full emotional plate armor is no longer necessary for meeting strangers or dealing with stress.

I like this analogy. Do you have an idea about how one would go about developing natural AC? 

• Like 1

On 2/13/2019 at 12:54 PM, Mike Wazowski said:

stretching, grooming, and dishwashing before curling up in bed

If you swap dishwashing for fur-washing it would be a perfect routine for a cat. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Harriet said:

I like this analogy. Do you have an idea about how one would go about developing natural AC? 

Presumably that would depend a lot on why one needed the armor in the first place. At least that's my assumption. I'm not trying to speak for anyone other than me, but most people who wear carefully crafted armor for the purpose of keeping people at a distance, does it because we want to avoid something very unpleasant that at some point happened when people/strangers/family/doctors/you-get-the-point-I-can-stop-now got too close on a personal level that may or may not have had to do with physical proximity.

In my case it was a matter of non-existent self esteem, compounded by a negative self-image, and whenever someone talked to me, about me, or to each other about something that was even vaguely related to me, that self-image took a hit and got a little worse. So I learned how to put armor around it.  (And that is as detailed as I am willing to be in a forum post that in theory can be accessed by anyone who has an internet connection. Public forum - the armor stays on. :) )

Again in my case, the solution to building up AC so I can get away with less armor, is to improve my self-image, in a healthy and sustainable way.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, scalyfreak said:

Presumably that would depend a lot on why one needed the armor in the first place.

Makes sense. I guess finding the right action requires knowing one's self first. There's probably no one exercise - like kettlebell swings for the heart or db rows for the mind - that would work for everyone.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Harriet said:

Makes sense. I guess finding the right action requires knowing one's self first. There's probably no one exercise - like kettlebell swings for the heart or db rows for the mind - that would work for everyone.

Exercise of any kind is still good though... we just need to find what works for us.

• Like 3

21 hours ago, scalyfreak said:

This leads to another thing that took me far too long to consider: What is the root cause of the armor? What is the Big Why that led to it existing in the first place? One of my long looong term personal goals, is to get to a point where I no longer need the armor. To get to a point where the weaknesses and vulnerabilities that had to be protected, have healed, and developed a high enough natural AC that donning full emotional plate armor is no longer necessary for meeting strangers or dealing with stress.

I guess my problem is that my armor was a way to shield myself from a nagging "you're not good enough" feeling that I've held for a SUPER long time. I spent a lot of my childhood chasing the validation I'd get from academic achievement (school always came easy) and video games (level ups are obvious visible signs you're getting better) as ways to convince myself that I am worthy, even though I'd quickly return to feeling less than. I basically had all the not <blank> enough sayings in my head at all times: not smart enough, not tall enough, not fit enough, not thin enough, not attractive enough, not kind enough, not funny enough, not likable enough and struggled to make friends or keep them (I am in touch with zero people from high school now that I'm about a decade out). 

I am for sure making progress though - I'll have moments, sometimes multiple days in a row, where I'll think to myself "I have nothing to prove - to myself or to others" and mean it in the most positive way. I can accept myself exactly as I am, and keep moving forward always striving to learn and grow.

Week 1, Day 3 and Day 4: 

Wednesday was kinda a blur - I did some work, taught, and practiced. The highlight was maybe my morning workout - I swam for the first time in a while and it was quite fun (my lungs didn't feel like they were dying, so clearly the cardio I've been doing has had at least some effect) and followed it with my first pilates session in a while (wow my ab endurance has dissipated). I was really low energy most of the day, so I decided to sleep in on Thursday rather than try to power through a workout.

Thursday was much more memorable - I did the aforementioned sleeping in, then got to play data / code detective at work to figure out why a report one of my coworkers was building wasn't showing the results he expected it to (I found the issue, and faster than my boss expected!). I then went to the local art museum for a Lady Gaga themed night (complete with a lady gage impersonator officiating a vow renewal ceremony and a local dance troupe performing a LG medley) with a buncha friends and out for a drink and some bar bites afterwards. All in all a very solid night, even if it got in the way of sleeping cause I was excited to wake up and work out today.

giphy.gif

Speaking of, workouts have been going quite well - this program starts with a lot of unilateral / stability work and controlled movements, both of which have been very good for forcing me to be more mindful of correcting compensations and imbalances. I'm also noticing some results from doing BSS twice a week - my quads are MUCH more noticeable in the bathroom mirror these days and I'm very happy with that (so far, in the dance studio mirror my legs still look long and hyperextended, so no aesthetic concerns there). And alternating DB bench (holding the non-moving DB at the top of the movement) and I are currently in a love-hate frenemies relationship.

Evening wind-down is likewise awesome - even when I get home late, I'm able to approximate my evening routine from more run of the mill nights (complete with putting my phone down to charge and then NOT thinking about it any more) and get to a fit state to sleep well pretty quickly.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Mike Wazowski said:

I guess my problem is that my armor was a way to shield myself from a nagging "you're not good enough" feeling that I've held for a SUPER long time. I spent a lot of my childhood chasing the validation I'd get from academic achievement (school always came easy) and video games (level ups are obvious visible signs you're getting better) as ways to convince myself that I am worthy, even though I'd quickly return to feeling less than. I basically had all the not <blank> enough sayings in my head at all times: not smart enough, not tall enough, not fit enough, not thin enough, not attractive enough, not kind enough, not funny enough, not likable enough and struggled to make friends or keep them (I am in touch with zero people from high school now that I'm about a decade out). 

Yep, all of this sounds very familiar. I'm 20+ years away from high school and appreciate the lack of people like that more and more every day. :)

5 hours ago, Mike Wazowski said:

There are lots of reasons you might not be in touch with people from high school. The people with the most contacts are usually charismatic enough, but their main trait is they put more work into into keeping in touch, I think. 

Ooof. That's a long list of not-enoughs and it makes me want to cry because it must be truly exhausting. This may seem random, but I have to ask: have you ever thought about what makes a good person? If we tried to define it, I don't think tall, fit, thin, or even smart would make the list. I mention this because personally I feel calmer and better in myself if I treat my value as coming from 1. my status as a sentient creature capable of feeling and thought* and 2. character virtues and decent behaviour. It's hard because our societies tend to focus on flashy innate gifts & traits/grand achievements/impressive performance, but these are not what makes a good person. Chasing them can be interesting and worthwhile, but it won't make us worthy. Anyway, I have not-enough thoughts, and sometimes refocusing on what really matters helps a little: like "hmmm my legs look fat in these gym shorts I was valiant today". 

*I believe you have a faith. What does it say about the value you have simply by existing?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Harriet said:

*I believe you have a faith. What does it say about the value you have simply by existing?

Everyone has faith. Religion does not have a monopoly on that concept ;)

My faith says that since you have value because you are a person, then so do I. Internalizing that was the beginning of the prologue of the story of how scalyfreak improved her self image. :)

• Like 1

Trying desperately to be (slender/pretty/charming/sexy/smart/fun/nice/accomplished/likable) "enough" (for who? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ) pretty much cost me 90% of the potential enjoyment of my teens, 20s, and early 30s, while also granting me all of the baggage that came with two reallybad marriages -> divorces.

In other words, I took a hella long time to figure out that I'm a bloody decent human being without making any efforts whatever to be something other than who I actually am, and I heartily applaud all of you who are doing this work at an earlier life-stage than I managed. Or the same life-stage. Or really whenever you are right now. Bravo!

QueasyWaterloggedCapeghostfrog-small.gif 

Through the magic of social media, I have reconnected with the three people from high school who liked me for who I was then, and  they all turned out to be pretty awesome humans in the now. As for the ones that I was so desperate to impress back then - I mostly don't remember their names. (Context - I'm 52 and have severe ADHD and a TBI, so I have to be sorta selective about what I even try to remember :P ) 

21 hours ago, Mike Wazowski said:

I then went to the local art museum for a Lady Gaga themed night (complete with a lady gage impersonator officiating a vow renewal ceremony and a local dance troupe performing a LG medley) with a buncha friends and out for a drink and some bar bites afterwards. All in all a very solid night, even if it got in the way of sleeping cause I was excited to wake up and work out today.

giphy.gif

There is nothing about this that does not sound AWESOME! 

On 2/13/2019 at 3:54 PM, Mike Wazowski said:

At work, I went down a bit of a rabbit hole about Kanban methodologies for organizing work thanks to a convo with my "work mom" from my prior job.

So far, I'm a fan of the setup because it doesn't require me to attempt to pre-plan too much (always a problem for me, because I'd *never* follow my pre-planned plan) and it lets me zero in on the most important task right now - plus moving notes to the "done" box lets me see how much I accomplished over the week, which is a nice plus over a more digital tool that hides tasks once they're marked complete. 

Armor: I ended up asking my "work mom" for help, so that counts? Still on the lookout for other opportunities though.

I love this a few different ways - your description of the benefits is exactly why I love BuJo, not excessive pre-planning, what is delta today, and a visual of what I have accomplished. Also, I am glad that people are still teaching and using kanban boards, I haven't heard or thought of those since my early professional certifications days but they are a good tool.

And I don't think I have ever heard the phrase 'work mom' before, but I love it and am stealing adopting it - I am older, in some cases considerably older, than all of my coshirkers, but I do have close mentor/mentee or just mutual support relationships with a few of them, and 'work mom' describes it better than 'work husband/wife' (because eww, most of them really are the same age as my kids or even younger!) 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1