• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Rookie

Rookie Building Habits

Image result for castiel gif sigh

a lot of hard work on my part T_T

I tried to go all gung-ho on my last challenge to only sizzle out right away and have to keep changing my goals lol So clearly it is time to get the basics down again. 

What I did do well in my last challenge is start to get my sleeping habits back on track. I will continue working on these.

Ultimate goal.... lose 85lbs

This challenge goal.... lose 2lbs    lose 5lbs

Image result for castiel food gif sigh

SubQuest 1: Track my food stuffs on MFP (@Plaidponcho)

- 3 days / week [1 point]

- 5 days / week [2 point]

- 7 days / week [3 point]

Image result for castiel water gif

SubQuest 2: Drink more water per day

- 1 liter        [1 point] 

- 1.5 litres  [2 point]

- 2 litres      [3 point]

Image result for castiel wings gif

SubQuest 3: Do my physio exercises every day at least once a day. 

- once a day  [1 point]

- twice a day [2 point]

- thrice a day [3 point]

1. Shoulder stretch total of 1 min (on hold)

2. Neck stretch total of 1 min

3. Bicep curl while laying on my back and arm hanging down. max 5lb weight. 3 sets of 10 reps

4. Stomach lay robot thing.... (on stomach, arm bent at 90 degree angle, rotate down, then back up slowly) 3 sets of 10 reps

5. Sitting straight arm non-curl? Arms start in curl position, instead of bending like a curl, bring arms up straight up to shoulder level.. then back down. 3 sets of 10 reps

Image result for castiel gif sigh

Life Quest: Make progress on my paintings at least twice a week.

And since I don't believe in forcing art... if I don't feel like painting I can read one of my horse books about rider exercises/stretches or riding activities to improve my flat work with Daisy.

Week 0 Points

SQ1 (food): 3/3

SQ2 (water):  2.6/3

SQ3 (physio): 1.5/3

Life Quest: success
Overall goal: -2lbs

Week 1 Points

SQ2 (water):  2.1/3

SQ3 (physio): 1.4/3

Life Quest: fail

Overall goal: +/- 0lbs

Week 2 Points

SQ2 (water):  1.7/3

Life Quest: success

Overall goal:  no progress.. maybe gained

Week 3 Points

SQ1 (food): 1/3

SQ2 (water):  0.4/3

SQ3 (physio): 2.5/3

Life Quest: Reno took over

Overall goal:  no progress.. maintained 2lbs lost.

• Like 3

Image result for harry potter snape gif

Haha omg these are too funny. Love it. 

Image result for harry potter snape gif

Anywaaaays :P I am going to spend this time before the challenge practicing and planning. I really hope to succeed this time around. 

This is my pride and joy <33333 Daisy (technically not mine lol but close enough). My main motivator. 

b8leo6.jpg

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Rookie said:

I tried to go all gung-ho on my last challenge to only sizzle out right away and have to keep changing my goals lol So clearly it is time to get the basics down again. 

You aren't alone on that! I had the exact same problem and have had to do the exact same thing. Do you find having to change your goals as demoralizing as I do? It's never enough to incentivise me to keep up the first week energy, but I always get a little annoyed when I have to re-plan and or change the goals I spent so much time planning.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, SeekingCassandra said:

You aren't alone on that! I had the exact same problem and have had to do the exact same thing. Do you find having to change your goals as demoralizing as I do? It's never enough to incentivise me to keep up the first week energy, but I always get a little annoyed when I have to re-plan and or change the goals I spent so much time planning.

Hmm not so much anymore! I used to for sure and feel like I should just quit (I have done many challenges in the past lol) buuuut when the option is keep struggling through or quit.. its a no brainer for me. Trying is still progress to me! I mean I do feel a bit disappointed still because I wasn't honest with myself at the beginning but at the same time I am proud of myself because I am willing to adapt to something I can complete while still challenging myself.  I have come to realize that not much acts as an incentive to me lol (if anything at all) so really I need to just force myself to do it and hope eventually when it becomes easier and second nature that will be the reward. 

• Like 1

On 2/5/2019 at 5:46 PM, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Following. A horse in the snow always makes for an awesome pic.

Yassss. I am biased though

• Like 2

Yesterday + today

- Did my physio exercises once

- drank just over 2L of water

- tracked my calories for the day. 

My instructor gave me an impromptu lesson yesterday lol so impromptu I didn't even know it was happening at first. I worked very hard! My core and quads are screaming at me today. Unfortunately my shoulder started having another flare up after the ride but hey that's why I started trying physio to begin with.  Shoulder still isn't 100% right now but hopefully it is for tomorrow's ride.

• Like 3

Topic of today: feeling like a poop :cower:

Woke up with a bad pounding headache. Possibly migraine. Tried to go back to sleep but that didn't happen. Body is still screaming at me from the sore muscles.

I am halfway into my first Litre of water. 

Image result for headache gif

Might just crawl back into bed and watch some k-dramas for a bit... though I should be working. Programming in this condition is NOT fun. 

• Like 2

Thursday: 

- Did my physio exercises once

- drank 2L 16oz of water

- tracked my calories for the day. 

My headache eventually went away but it was very much threatening to come back with too much movement. After horseback riding it was 100% gone. I had a big bowl of pho for lunch nomnomnom. 

Today I had my physio before work... and I got to drive my boyfriend to his train because he is going to go look at kittens with his boss after lunch lol. So that meant I got to wait around for 1.5hrs this morning. I went to Starbucks and got their Fat-reduced turkey bacon egg white breakfast sandwich and my peppermint mocha frapp. I was going to be good and modify it so it had less calories but my visa decided it was just not working today... so I need to figure that out sometime today I guess. 

Physio went well. She said she was able to loosen up my bad shoulder a bit and she worked on my bicep. She then gave me 2 more exercises to do. a bicep curl laying on my back and arm is off the edge of the bed with a 5lb weight. And another one where I am on my stomach and I have my arm bent at a 90 degree angle and start with my fist parallelish to my ear/head area, then slowly rotate down...then back up I am hoping I remember how to do that one lol.... Each I have to do 10 reps 3 times. 

• Like 2

Saturday

2L water

Tracked food

Did Physio exercises .... These new exercises kind of ruin my grading system here lol the neck stretches I did once (1 min each side) and the other two I did 20/30 each side. 

The most frustrating thing about this trying to lose weight is that there's only so much you can actually do... You still need to wait lol which is fair because the weight didn't come on overnight so it's not going to get off overnight. Butttt it's so easy to overeat your calories and not so easy to burn them off. 

• Like 2

Welcome back rookie

9 hours ago, Rookie said:

The most frustrating thing about this trying to lose weight is that there's only so much you can actually do... You still need to wait lol which is fair because the weight didn't come on overnight so it's not going to get off overnight. Butttt it's so easy to overeat your calories and not so easy to burn them off. 

This is totally true. We know it came on over weeks and months, but so often you want to see progress right away. And it isn't like you can just do more sometimes to make it go away faster. Being Patient stinks.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bean Sidhe said:

Welcome back rookie

This is totally true. We know it came on over weeks and months, but so often you want to see progress right away. And it isn't like you can just do more sometimes to make it go away faster. Being Patient stinks.

Thank you! It sure does suck. But it is a good thing to practice. I guess that's why it's a journey or a marathon and not a sprint lol

• Like 1

Today I lost 2lbs! Which was my quest goal... So I'm going to change my quest goal to lose 2 more lbs!

Yesterday I forgot to mention I painted. And Thursday + Friday I doodled. And Friday I read my book. So if I do not end up painting today then my life quest progress for this week is still completed :3 but I will probably paint today lol cause I was making good progress. 

So far I have done my physio exercises once. I still need to go buy a weight for my curls... I seriously have no clue where my kettlebell or dumbbells went. I'm sure I will find them after I buy a new one.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bean Sidhe said:

Sounds like a good weekend overall. Although I totally get the "where did I put that" with the weights. I hope you find them and don't need to buy new ones.

Eeps, yah it was :) Can't complain.  Just tallying up my points for the week. I would say it was a good week overall! I usually lose track over the weekend which might of happened a bit with food, but I still tracked! I totally bought a new one lol... it was about $3 and I just a 3lb dumbbell.  

• Like 1

Sunday 

Tracked food

2L water

Phsyio exercises 3 times! 

Week 1 Points  (I started on the Tuesday so this week is a 6 day week)

SQ2 (water):  2.6/3

Reflections:

The good: This week went very good for me. I usually putter out and slack on everything but especially my drinking water over the weekend. I actually lost 2lbs which was my goal for this whole challenge... so I have made my new goal to lose 5lbs... which means I am 3lbs away from that. This challenge I wasn't going so far as measuring and weighing everything... just tracking what I eat and trying to stay in the ballpark. Apparently just being more conscious about my decisions was beneficial :)

I actually made progress on my painting! I did art on the side and I read my book. Yay.

The could be more good: I obviously need to do my physio more. With these new exercises it encourages me to split them up because doing 30 of the shoulder and back each arm exercises each is very tough for me. The weekend is nice because I can split them up 3 times... but weekday I need to split them up in 2 sets of 15 because I don't have access to a couch or bed at work. 

• Like 1

Yesterday + today

- tracked food

- 2L+ of water

- Physio 3 times

It's been crazy with the weather. Everything is currently covered in ice. I worked from home today... we were supposed to go out to celebrate my mums birthday but we decided to postpone until maybe Friday when things should have calmed down. My barn also got shutdown so no riding tonight. So boyfriend and I decided to do our v-day plans tonight so I can ride Thursday to get ready for my show. We had a mini feast lol. Lobster tails, Yorkshire pudding, asparagus, mashed potatoes and beef tenderloin roast. Mmm mmm good. 

I really struggle when my daily routine gets changed unexpectedly but I made myself proud. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Rookie said:

I really struggle when my daily routine gets changed unexpectedly but I made myself proud. 

This is a problem for lots of people. I don't do well when things get changed unexpectedly either. Especially when I go "I have a plan...." 

wile-e-boulder.gif?w=760

Nevermind.

Here is to hoping your day goes better today and the weather isn't as bad.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bean Sidhe said:

Yah its so silly how something so small can derail people lol. Things are a bit more back to normal today but not 100% back to normal. I did make it into the office at least. Boyfriend stayed home cause we weren't sure how the roads were. It hasn't stopped snowing and its horribly windy which makes it all slippy. But it seems better.... I didn't do my physio before I left for work because I spent a lot of time humming and hawing if I was going to actually go in.. plus boyfriend was still in bed lol and I didn't want to wake him. So looks like I will need to split it up into 15 and 15 again.  

• Like 1

I hope you got your 15 and 15 in again. And the weather is going to be a factor (as much as no one wants to hear that) for a least a few more weeks. Hopefully the roads were a bit better when you went home.

4 hours ago, Bean Sidhe said:

I hope you got your 15 and 15 in again. And the weather is going to be a factor (as much as no one wants to hear that) for a least a few more weeks. Hopefully the roads were a bit better when you went home.

Despite all the snowing that was happening the roads were great! I had a lazy off day full of sugar yesterday lol So I did 10 and only drank 1L of water. I drank many sugary drinks and felt like a poop. I am okay with the weather like this because things aren't terribly slippy right now...until I go to the barn and its all ice :(

• Like 2

Yesterday: 

- Tracked food

- 1L water

- physio done once

Yesterday I accidentally (... ok i did it consciously...) drank all the sugary drinks... Pretty sure I drank my calories... then my lunch wasn't a great choice lol Needless to say my bad choices landed me feeling exhausted, headachy and sugar crashy. And I wasn't drinking water on top of that. I was able to at least get in 1L of water before bed though. I only did my physio once because of poop on a log status plus my neck was kind of hurting and my biceps need time to repair.. they were very sore doing my 1 set.

Today I opted to skip my 30 reps / arm of the shoulder and bicep exercises. I have been doing my neck stretches though because my shoulder neck area just feels tired and exhausted. So if I complete my stretches 3 times it is counting towards my physio for the day. I am a bit slow on the water intake today but it is happening. I am about .5L in. Tonight I have riding, tomorrow I have physio in the morning then a meal out for my moms birthday and Sunday I have my horse show! :) 

• Like 1