Jump to content

Atrytone: Be present


Atrytone

Recommended Posts

Last challenge got a little derailed by work and weather. Since this coming month is a little bit intense on the work front, with the help of others, I've decided to focus more on being present than on an official exercise routine that I won't stick to anyway. 

 

  1. Be Present
    1. Aim for 5+ daily positivities/week (to be posted here)
    2. Spend more time interacting with people on the forum (ie. don't be a lurker)
    3. Evening walks on days possible (work and weather permitting)
  2. Eat Better
    1. Reduce junk (specifically chips which are the delicious and salty bane of my existence right now)
    2. No eating after 8 pm (with the exception of nights I work late; the intent here is to cut down on pre-bedtime snacking)
  3. Sleep Better
    1. In bed by 10 pm (without electronics)
    2. Pre-sleep routine starting at 9 pm
      1. Brush teeth
      2. Wash face
      3. Moisturize

 

Not much else to say here. I hope this helps me navigate my difficult schedule this month.

  • Like 6
Link to post

Great challenge! It can definitely be hard to balance everything when your schedule gets super full, but I think you have a really good structure here.

  • Like 1

Mom. Teacher. Language Enthusiast. Wood Elf :)

Current Challenge: KCAleece Starts Simple(ish)

Alors je ne lui parlais ni de serpents boas, ni de forêts vierges, ni d'étoiles. Je me mettais à sa portée. Je lui parlais de bridge, de golf, de politique et de cravates. Et la grande personne était bien contente de connaître un homme aussi raisonnable.

Link to post
26 minutes ago, kcaleece said:

Great challenge! It can definitely be hard to balance everything when your schedule gets super full, but I think you have a really good structure here.

 

Thank you, I'm hoping so. :)

Link to post
4 hours ago, Atrytone said:

Last challenge got a little derailed by work and weather. Since this coming month is a little bit intense on the work front, with the help of others, I've decided to focus more on being present than on an official exercise routine that I won't stick to anyway. 

 

  1. Be Present
    1. Aim for 5+ daily positivities/week (to be posted here)
    2. Spend more time interacting with people on the forum (ie. don't be a lurker)
    3. Evening walks on days possible (work and weather permitting)
  2. Eat Better
    1. Reduce junk (specifically chips which are the delicious and salty bane of my existence right now)
    2. No eating after 8 pm (with the exception of nights I work late; the intent here is to cut down on pre-bedtime snacking)
  3. Sleep Better
    1. In bed by 10 pm (without electronics)
    2. Pre-sleep routine starting at 9 pm
      1. Brush teeth
      2. Wash face
      3. Moisturize

 

Not much else to say here. I hope this helps me navigate my difficult schedule this month.

 

I find it easy to lurk and hard to know quite what to say.  I'm not a bold person.  not one to want or seek much attention.

 

OTOH; I've found from experience that Attention  is a great motivator.

 

I hope you find motivation in talking to us about your plans.  Interested in some of the positivies... are these opportunities to do good things as they happen or are these activities worked out by week?

 

  • Like 2

https://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/116426-im-awake/

the "NEW" normal is good with me! as Life was Never really Normal anyways....

 

Link to post

Very nice goals.  This is going to be a good one!  Happy Challenge!

  • Like 1

  Level 44 Quasi-Human Ranger     

"Forget failure.  Forget mistakes.  Forget everything except what you're going to do NOW, and DO IT." - Lou Ferrigno

"Foxes Never Quit!"  -  Leicester City FC

KBO. - Churchill

Link to post
9 hours ago, TGP said:

 

I find it easy to lurk and hard to know quite what to say.  I'm not a bold person.  not one to want or seek much attention.

 

OTOH; I've found from experience that Attention  is a great motivator.

 

I hope you find motivation in talking to us about your plans.  Interested in some of the positivies... are these opportunities to do good things as they happen or are these activities worked out by week?

 

 

Yeah, same. Lurking is easy. But I see other people interacting and it starts to make me feel lonely and left out but it's literally just because I rarely extend myself. So the goal there is to feel more included by being more active.

What I mean by positivities is focusing on the positive things that happen in my day-to-day life. (Sort of like daily gratitude's? But not exactly). I tend to be fairly pessimistic by nature so I want to stop and think about the good things and give them the same, or more, attention as I give the bad things. For example: today's positive thing is we hired a new worker at one of my jobs and she's going to take on some of my shifts so I get a reasonable amount of time off this month!

 

2 hours ago, Cheetah said:

Very nice goals.  This is going to be a good one!  Happy Challenge!

 

I hope so, thank you. :)

  • Like 2
Link to post

I think you have made some good choices here.

One of the drawbacks with NF challenges is that it can be easy to get caught up in body fitness goals. Which are important, the body is not the only part of us however.

We need to also look at our mental fitness. Taking time to look after our mental fitness, by doing things as looking for the positives in our day, is equally as important as going to the gym or running (insert exercise here).

Good for you in choosing to do a mental fitness challenge this month.



Sent from my CPH1725 using Tapatalk

  • Like 1

Where to find me: Current Challenge : Battle Log Facebook : Instagram :

"Each day, just focus on getting 1% better in whatever it is you're trying to improve. That's it. Just 1%." ArtofManliness Article.

"That which is wise and holy helps the health and wholeness of the chain of generations." D. R. Miller. 

"We do not rise to our expectations. We fall to our level of training." Archilochus

Link to post
1 hour ago, Thom Stépan said:

One of the drawbacks with NF challenges is that it can be easy to get caught up in body fitness goals. Which are important, the body is not the only part of us however.

We need to also look at our mental fitness. Taking time to look after our mental fitness, by doing things as looking for the positives in our day, is equally as important as going to the gym or running (insert exercise here).



^^ This.  Really nice goals.  Looking forward to seeing you crush this challenge.  =)  

  • Like 1

- Level 3 Night Elf Warrior -

6'0" / 166 lbs.  Powerlifting Total:  940

Member:  The 800 Club

Battle Log

 

Link to post
4 hours ago, Thom Stépan said:

I think you have made some good choices here.

One of the drawbacks with NF challenges is that it can be easy to get caught up in body fitness goals. Which are important, the body is not the only part of us however.

We need to also look at our mental fitness. Taking time to look after our mental fitness, by doing things as looking for the positives in our day, is equally as important as going to the gym or running (insert exercise here).

Good for you in choosing to do a mental fitness challenge this month.



Sent from my CPH1725 using Tapatalk
 

 

3 hours ago, Cardinal_22 said:



^^ This.  Really nice goals.  Looking forward to seeing you crush this challenge.  =)  

 

Thank you both.

@Thom Stépan I knew that I wasn't going to have a lot of down time this month (although it's looking like more now - yay!) and I also know when I'm mentally exhausted I can't muster the willpower required to workout. Then, when I didn't meet my fitness goals I would berate myself for it and engage in a great deal of negative self-talk. Which isn't even remotely helpful. So mental fitness it is. :) The rest will follow.

  • Like 4
Link to post
44 minutes ago, Radost said:

Following back ‘cause NEIGHBOURS! And also I’m digging your “presence” challenge. Seems like a great thing for this grey time of year. 

 

Yeah, I think it's what I need right now.

Link to post

51440214_10156263596356314_3405929672981086208_n.jpg?_nc_cat=111&_nc_ht=scontent.fyvr3-1.fna&oh=7cc4da6bb92bf56f6fe27853a329506b&oe=5CF76DC2

 

*pterodactyl screeching*

I'm not a fan of this late, but very snowy, winter we're having here on the Island. Saw a car flipped on its side in a ditch on my way home and heard about another rolled vehicle on the highway this morning. :/

  • Like 2
Link to post
16 hours ago, Atrytone said:

51440214_10156263596356314_3405929672981086208_n.jpg?_nc_cat=111&_nc_ht=scontent.fyvr3-1.fna&oh=7cc4da6bb92bf56f6fe27853a329506b&oe=5CF76DC2

 

*pterodactyl screeching*

I'm not a fan of this late, but very snowy, winter we're having here on the Island. Saw a car flipped on its side in a ditch on my way home and heard about another rolled vehicle on the highway this morning. :/

 

I love this picture. It’s very evocative. 

 

Hopefully all the snowy car people are okay. 

  • Like 2

                                        the year of living trippily

                                Totally Fucking Current: Adult Content

    Brain Weasels    Choose Your Own Adventure Woman of Mystery -   Worth i Simplicity     

Spoiler

 

                                     Take it Outside II

                                             Take it Outside

                                    Even More Current: 52 Days

                                    Currently Current: 100 Days

                               Current: Queen 2: Electric Boogaloo

                                            Queen of the Jungle

                              THE PEOPLE'S CHOICE CHALLENGE

                                      Apart six: Amazon  (part 5)

                                        (part 3: The Wickening)

                                               (part 2) (part 1)

 

Link to post
5 minutes ago, DJtrippyT said:

 

I love this picture. It’s very evocative. 

 

Hopefully all the snowy car people are okay. 

 

I'm glad you like it. As much as I dislike the snow it does lend itself to some stunning photography.

 

I hope so too. A lot of people here don't bother getting proper snow tires because we rarely get more than a sprinkling of snow but when we DO get more they aren't prepared. Also a lot of people here don't alter their driving habits for poor conditions which is dangerous. :(

Link to post

Zero week wrap up:

Doing decent on being present I think. Despite all this snow that's stressing me out and putting me in a negative mood. No evening walks because of said snow but I'm doing alright with the daily positives and I'm interacting with people here more than usual.

 

Struggling a little with the food related stuff. Eating for the sake of eating and chips because when I'm feeling down or stressed I want something salty and crunchy. Need to hunt down a healthier alternative. Maybe make some sweet potato chips? Or kale chips. idk

 

Sleep has been a mess. I'll work harder on it.

Link to post

Today's positive (1/7): A boss that cares about the well being of their staff. Got a call that work was closing early today because of a snowfall warning (10-20 cm/~4-8 inches) and to not worry about coming in and to stay home and stay safe.

  • Like 1
Link to post

I love wool socks!!  And good bosses are good.  Happy Challenge!

  • Like 1

  Level 44 Quasi-Human Ranger     

"Forget failure.  Forget mistakes.  Forget everything except what you're going to do NOW, and DO IT." - Lou Ferrigno

"Foxes Never Quit!"  -  Leicester City FC

KBO. - Churchill

Link to post

Very pretty.  I do so love pine woods.  :-)

  • Like 1

  Level 44 Quasi-Human Ranger     

"Forget failure.  Forget mistakes.  Forget everything except what you're going to do NOW, and DO IT." - Lou Ferrigno

"Foxes Never Quit!"  -  Leicester City FC

KBO. - Churchill

Link to post
1 hour ago, Cheetah said:

Very pretty.  I do so love pine woods.  :-)

 

It is pretty. But it's a hassle to drive in. This is the worst snow we've had in something close to a decade I'd say.

Link to post

Today's positive thing (2/7):

Yesterday I accidentally OD'd on vitamin C. This is a positive because my face has been very flushed and warm and uncomfortable and I was worried I was getting sick. Turns out that the hot cranberry apple cider I was drinking yesterday to soothe a persistent sore throat has 100% of the daily required vitamin C per portion. And I had 4 or 5 portions. The flush I've been experiencing has something to do with metabolising the vitamin C. Uncomfortable but not dangerous.

Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines