Flea vs Depression

fleaball

31 minutes ago, Countess D'If said:

maybe emergency Xanax might be useful for you in the future. Panic attacks are not my favorite 

Yeah, I'll ask my therapist about it in the future. The only actual panic attack I remember having before this (as opposed to just bananas anxiety) was 4 years ago when I was going to the queer student group meeting in England and realized I'd never said out loud that I was queer. Was also a weird thing to have a panic attack over but whatever. 

I think I just had a lot going on today and it was probably not a good time to go grocery shopping. I've been on edge for about a week because of a thing I will bitch about later. (Not trying to be cryptic, I just don't have time right now because I have to make dinner soon.) Plus I've been anxious about the recipe challenge thing and had just finished talking about said anxiety with my therapist so it was definitely at the front of my mind. Plus I was thinking about all the other errands I had to do and we're getting snow tonight and - and - and... So hopefully it was just a particularly bad day? Of course all I want to do now is go to sleep, so that's fun.

8 minutes ago, Diadhuit said:

Were you very hungry? I sometimes don't feel hungry in my stomach, but want just to sit and cry and put a tantrum as a three year old. And I can never decide what to have when I'm like that...
Yet it sucks! 1dbbb3c525dbb79eae016cc144df2233.gif

Sent from my FIG-LX1 using Tapatalk

I know that feeling lol and it's definitely happened before. I don't think that was it this time though. More like lots of stress and anxiety crashing from all different directions like a thunderstorm? 

• Like 2

*hugs* Panic attacks suck. I hope your feeling better after you got home.

When I have a panic attack, its kinda what you described. Just the world came crashing down all around me with all the stress and anxiety and How do I function. Fortunatly, I have learned to settle them, but it usually gets worse for me when someone goes "are you okay, how can I help?" since 90% of the time I don't know what I should be doing, let alone what you can do to help.

*hugs* The big thing here is, you went in the store and got food even when your brain was being dumb. You are making progress like Tank said, and I see it too. *hugs*

• Like 3

Bastard cat was on my bed for hours last night right up until I got into bed and shut off the light. Then he got up and left and I didn't see him until 8 am. So it took forever to get to sleep. Fucker.

17 hours ago, "Jake" said:

Its what we get used to, our body seeks famliarity in our routines. I've known folks who can't sleep in a quiet room and folks who can't sleep in the dark (not afrid, just wide awake)
Never told anyone this before but, when my upstairs room mate got up an hour earlier than me to go to school his cat Fuji would come downstairs and lay on my head. At first I hated it, I would push him off and he would get back up and lay on my feet. Evenutally I just started ignoring it and eventually after that I would sleep though it. Then one day he locked his cat in his room... instead of sleeping for another hour woke up and I listened to him move around upsatairs as he got ready for his bus and I had no idea why I was so awake...
I didn't want to admit I had got used to the cat sleeping on my head but he contined to keep the cat upstairs for some time. Eventually I re-learned to sleep without a cat on my head.

I'm not even a cat person.

Fingers crossed, sleep well. Maybe stick a random small pillow in his place if he does it again.

I have several pillow and I also sleep with a stuffed animal, neither of which helped. I think maybe I'm used to hearing his snoring and that's what I was missing? Fuji sounds adorable. But I have to say I'm glad neither of mine like to sleep on heads. 

5 hours ago, NeverThatBored said:

My cat used to have his own pillow and blanket on one side of the bed! :D No shame.

omg that's adorable. Mine doesn't have that, he just paws at me until I lift up the sheet for him to crawl under because he's too stupid to figure it out for himself.

1 hour ago, Bean Sidhe said:

*hugs* Panic attacks suck. I hope your feeling better after you got home.

When I have a panic attack, its kinda what you described. Just the world came crashing down all around me with all the stress and anxiety and How do I function. Fortunatly, I have learned to settle them, but it usually gets worse for me when someone goes "are you okay, how can I help?" since 90% of the time I don't know what I should be doing, let alone what you can do to help.

*hugs* The big thing here is, you went in the store and got food even when your brain was being dumb. You are making progress like Tank said, and I see it too. *hugs*

I got a gatorade at the store and the sugar helped. I definitely did not enjoy standing in the produce section freaking out over things, but meh. I'm better now. Still want to curl up in bed but it's way too early. 

• Like 4

So the mystery thing that I've been stressed over is that my birthday's tomorrow. And I hate my birthday. Eventually I will work on making it a day I like, but on the list of things my parents broke that I need to fix, this is pretty close to the bottom. I wasn't even going to mention it here at all, but I've been on edge about it since last week, waiting for my father to make it into A Thing. We've always gone out to dinner at the restaurant of the birthday person's choosing, and both last year and this year he's gotten butthurt about the fact that I don't want to go anywhere. Considering neither he nor my brother eats anything I like, and my father and I go to the same two restaurants any time he wants to go out, I don't really thing I'm missing anything since it's not like I'd really have a choice of where to go. One year I did drag my parents to a hippie vegan restaurant, more out of spite than anything, and my father just got a smoothie and watched me and my mother eat our veggie bowls. :rolleyes: So anyway. I've been waiting for him to bring it up while also hoping he'd just forget. He finally brought it up last night on his way to bed. "Do you want to go anywhere on Thursday?" Nope. "Are you sure?" Yup. "You don't want to go out to dinner or anything?" NO. And he got pissy about it. Then today he asked again, "Do you want to go anywhere for your birthday tomorrow?" No, you asked me that last night and I said no. "Well fine, I'm just asking." And this is one of the reasons I hate my birthday. It's never about me. When I was younger we'd have my family parties at my house all the time, but because the house was always a shithole the weeks leading up to my birthday would be a lot of bitching about the state of the house and then frantic cleaning sprees at the end of it, usually featuring tossing all the random stuff in my room since it was always the cleanest? And we didn't just order pizza or something, my mother would make two kinds of pasta and make a cold cut tray and one or two other things, I don't know why. So there was always a clusterfuck while she was trying to make everything and usually forgot something and whatnot. So yeah, my birthday was never my day, and even when I got older my restaurant choices got vetoed as too weird so I didn't even get that. And all of that has been weighing on me as the date has gotten closer. Last year I just went out driving all day so I wouldn't have to deal with my father and that was my plan again this year, but we're getting 2-5" of snow tonight and it's going to be balls fucking cold tomorrow so it won't melt, and a lot of the side streets around me don't get cleaned up well so I don't know if I want to risk it in my shitty car. Now I'm extra pissy about it. 

I did get myself a giant bag of brussels sprouts and a chunk of salmon today so I can make it for dinner tomorrow. I've been wanting that meal for a while but haven't wanted to deal with making it or with the complaints about the smell. I told them both today (because of course my brother is off tomorrow) that I'm making it and they can deal with it. 

• Like 6
32 minutes ago, fleaball said:

Bastard cat was on my bed for hours last night right up until I got into bed and shut off the light. Then he got up and left and I didn't see him until 8 am. So it took forever to get to sleep. Fucker.

Fuji sounds adorable. But I have to say I'm glad neither of mine like to sleep on heads. 

Was he in the same place? Maybe move your dads jackets into a cozy pile in your room to bring back the snoring cat? Were they there before? maybe put them away?
Have your cats been getting more or less TLC than usual? Do they maybe sense something different in you?
I don't expect answers on all these, just things to think about.
Fuji was nice if you were nice to him. He was a brown/dark tan Himalayan with darker brown face and paws. Think Siamese pattern but more fur. He was used to boys moving in and out of the downstairs rooms every year (or less), some of them nice and some of them twisted, so he made his opions of people quick and stuck with them.

• Like 3
15 minutes ago, "Jake" said:

Was he in the same place? Maybe move your dads jackets into a cozy pile in your room to bring back the snoring cat? Were they there before? maybe put them away?
Have your cats been getting more or less TLC than usual? Do they maybe sense something different in you?
I don't expect answers on all these, just things to think about.
Fuji was nice if you were nice to him. He was a brown/dark tan Himalayan with darker brown face and paws. Think Siamese pattern but more fur. He was used to boys moving in and out of the downstairs rooms every year (or less), some of them nice and some of them twisted, so he made his opions of people quick and stuck with them.

He's got several spots he likes to sleep in. He claimed the coat pile a few weeks ago when they all fell off the coat rack. Makes sense, because it's in a mostly blocked-off corner so it's a perfect secluded cat spot. Now that I think about it though, it's been colder the past few nights and that corner isn't on a wall that faces outside, so maybe it was warmer there? Or maybe he's just a grumpy old man who can't make up his mind. He comes back to my room eventually so I'm not too concerned. Either he'll start spending the night again or I'll learn to sleep without him. 

Fuji sounds great. Both of mine are black and white and they're terribly inconvenienced by the fact that there are humans living in their house.

• Like 4

T-minus two hours until my birthday. My father is on his way to bed. 

- What do you want for your birthday?

- There's literally nothing I can think of.

- Seriously?

- Idk, I buy what I want when I want it.

- *annoyed sigh* And you don't want to go out anywhere? Plus you're cooking yourself your own dinner?

- You won't eat anything anywhere I pick.

- Well...

- Do you want to go back to the vegan place?

- Right. So it's not worth it.

- Okay, well we'll figure something out. 

HOW MANY TIMES DO I NEED TO SAY I DON'T WANT TO GO OUT.

Anyway. I also told him I was planning on getting a massage soon at a place down the street, so I think he's going to get a gift card? I'm not trying to be difficult, I just don't want anything right now, or I at least don't want him to buy the things I need. I'm not letting him buy me a new set of sheets because I'm picky about them, if I ask for kitchen stuff I'll have to leave it in the kitchen instead of hoarding it in my room, etc. Not worth the hassle. I told him I hate saying "money" but honestly it's either a gift card to the massage place or cash. I told him if it were the latter I'd let him know down the road what he actually got me for a birthday present. 

Overall I'm just upset and disappointed. If you're going to insist on making a thing out of my birthday when I've told you I don't want to, at least try. He waited until the night before my birthday to ask what I want, which means he hasn't put any thought or effort into it before now. I don't blame him for not knowing what I'd like because I share as little of myself with him as possible, but it would take almost no effort to be like "hey I make fun of you all the time for spending money at Starbucks but I guess you must like it since you go there so often, here's a gift card." 

I'd bet anything he gets me an ice cream cake tomorrow. Which I hate, and I've told him as much. Last year he got me a coffee roll from Dunkins "because you hate cake, right? But you weren't home so I couldn't get you an ice cream cake." Mmmno, this bitch will inhale any carrot cake in a 5 mile radius. Pay attention to someone other than yourself, asshole. You might learn something.

• Like 6

I hope for peace, relaxation and low stress on your birthday.(one can hope right)
To me its just another day, I don't magically get a year older. Just like yesterday and tomorrow; I'm one day older. But people who care will always want to do something and I've made it hard for people to care for me but they still try, and they always will. I know it gets annoying but everyones "try" is different and maybe they think they are doing the best they can when you feel like they could clearly do better... this is where I try not to waste a lot of energy. It may be the hardest thing in the world to let things go right after they've happened (even for the 20th time*) but learing to do so has brought me great ease. With my folks I had to come 80-90% to make things work, not all familymembers are capable of meeting halfway.

Same comes around holidays, I don't ask for anything but gifts MUST be given. Intrestingly, my inlaws have been much better at buying things I use when I don't ask for anything.
Best wishes, I hope you get carrot cake and a massage.

*On the 21st time I start to look at other avenues, different modes of commnication, a polite sign or list, or even a letter. Lay it out on paper, get mean & throw that one away. lay it out again less mean & throw that away too. heck you don't even need to make a version you share but you've changed means of dealing with it. If you do share one, make sure its not a fire starter.
"Dear family, I want stay in, smoke salmon, eat carrot cake and binge watch Magicans season 3. No Presents. Please help me with this very simple wish." 
(That actually sounds like what I want rignt now lol)

• Like 3
11 hours ago, fleaball said:

Now I’m in my car ready to go home and hug a cat. 

Image result for cat super hug gif

I didn't used to enjoy my birthdays and I later discovered it was because I was never doing anything I wanted to or with the people I wanted to be doing it with.  Once you have the option of NOT celebrating your birthday with your birth family and doing it with some people whose company you actually enjoy (such as your NF family ;) ) I suspect you will enjoy them a lot more.  We would not only go any place you like, but could probably take you to some fun new places you haven't tried before :) 

• Like 4

Flea

I got no words for your dad. I Know where you are (as we have discovered) but I think he is still doing the "If I am helpless, they will do it for me, even if that means going where I want and not where Flea wants."

*hugs* I hope you get a quiet birthday. I hope your dad ends up working at least some of your birthday so you can have some quieter time to yourself (Ignoring your brother).

*Hugs* your a wonderful person and I wish I could take you to the vegan place for dinner.

• Like 2

t5xes6vbyyf21.jpg?w=640&ssl=1

Your dad is trying to assuage his guilt by getting you something for your birthday. Because it's about making him feel better, he's not willing to do anything he doesn't want to do. He wants to feel better but he wants you to do the work, just like always. Good job having a healthy boundary. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
18 hours ago, fleaball said:

I did get myself a giant bag of brussels sprouts and a chunk of salmon today so I can make it for dinner tomorrow. I've been wanting that meal for a while but haven't wanted to deal with making it or with the complaints about the smell. I told them both today (because of course my brother is off tomorrow) that I'm making it and they can deal with it. 

This is awesome!! Good for you!!

1 hour ago, WhiteGhost said:

giphy.gif?cid=3640f6095c77fef2346c325a59

This is perfect.

• Like 2

I'm feeling chatty today, so this is my thoughts. Congratulations/happy birthday, I'm about to gift you with some brain vomit. (P.S. I love you and actual happy birthday, friend!)

Your dad is being a needy bitch rn and I think he wants/needs something, but he doesn't know what that is and he's wandering around like a chicken with its head cut off trying to figure it out. But he's such a fucking man baby and your mom was such a controlling psycho that Dear Old Da has never had to figure anything out for himself and has ABSOLUTELY no fucking clue how to go about it.

CIhWrL.gif

^^^^Actual footage of your Dad.

But that's his bull shit to figure out. He wants SOMETHING? That's nice. How the fuck are you supposed to figure that out for him? I feel like you've tried your damnedest to communicate with him, but he won't take a step forward, let alone try to meet you half way so you two can have a relationship that functions. He's too invested in living his broken ass life. That's his choice. Until he makes better choices, you don't need to drown trying to get to him. If he decided to make better choices, can you reevaluate your dynamic? OF COURSE! Can he wake up tomorrow and make better choices? Sure. Will he?

laughter.gif

Meh, probably not. 

But until then, this shit sucks and I'm sorry you're feeling so damn stuck. Illegitimi non carborundum. Don't let him use a day on the calendar that reminds him. . . oh. . . yeah. . . something? to make himself feel better while he drowns you because you tried to save him. Honestly, this is what I would say to him:

Dude, if you want to do something for my birthday, do something. Buy me a gift. Take me to dinner. But YOU DO IT. Don't make me do the work here. It's my birthday. YOU'RE supposed to do the work. That's how birthdays you know. . . work. Stop sad sacking around. 

But that's me. And we all know your dad wouldn't hear it anyway. So there's no fucking point. He's just going to go on like Miss Havisham, stuck and kind of insane, wandering around with one shoe on. You're at the point where he's just there and won't go away and won't change and so you move around him and try not to step in his mess. If he wants to wake up and be a person, cool. It just kind of sucks that while he's sleep walking around, his favorite thing to do is fart on your life. 

• Like 3
17 hours ago, "Jake" said:

I hope for peace, relaxation and low stress on your birthday.(one can hope right)
To me its just another day, I don't magically get a year older. Just like yesterday and tomorrow; I'm one day older. But people who care will always want to do something and I've made it hard for people to care for me but they still try, and they always will. I know it gets annoying but everyones "try" is different and maybe they think they are doing the best they can when you feel like they could clearly do better... this is where I try not to waste a lot of energy. It may be the hardest thing in the world to let things go right after they've happened (even for the 20th time*) but learing to do so has brought me great ease. With my folks I had to come 80-90% to make things work, not all familymembers are capable of meeting halfway.

Same comes around holidays, I don't ask for anything but gifts MUST be given. Intrestingly, my inlaws have been much better at buying things I use when I don't ask for anything.
Best wishes, I hope you get carrot cake and a massage.

*On the 21st time I start to look at other avenues, different modes of commnication, a polite sign or list, or even a letter. Lay it out on paper, get mean & throw that one away. lay it out again less mean & throw that away too. heck you don't even need to make a version you share but you've changed means of dealing with it. If you do share one, make sure its not a fire starter.
"Dear family, I want stay in, smoke salmon, eat carrot cake and binge watch Magicans season 3. No Presents. Please help me with this very simple wish." 
(That actually sounds like what I want rignt now lol)

Yeah, in general I've sort of resigned myself to "people like birthdays so if someone does something for me then whatever." But my family is a collection of dysfunctional and shitty people who give zero fucks about what I actually want and generally make me do all the work so that they can feel better about themselves. What you're saying is good advice in a general sense, but I promise you I've tried all that and more for 3 decades now and they're not going to change. 

14 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

Image result for cat super hug gif

I didn't used to enjoy my birthdays and I later discovered it was because I was never doing anything I wanted to or with the people I wanted to be doing it with.  Once you have the option of NOT celebrating your birthday with your birth family and doing it with some people whose company you actually enjoy (such as your NF family ;) ) I suspect you will enjoy them a lot more.  We would not only go any place you like, but could probably take you to some fun new places you haven't tried before :) 

Yup, that's pretty much the plan in the future. When I was at grad school a bunch of us went to dinner and just hung out (it was 90 degrees in March so we got to chill on a patio for hours) and it was great. And then I moved back here and ugh. So yeah, one day I will do stuff I like with people who don't suck, and I will enjoy it. 

Y'all have a year to coordinate your travel plans for an NF family dinner party. ;) 

9 hours ago, Bean Sidhe said:

Flea

I got no words for your dad. I Know where you are (as we have discovered) but I think he is still doing the "If I am helpless, they will do it for me, even if that means going where I want and not where Flea wants."

*hugs* I hope you get a quiet birthday. I hope your dad ends up working at least some of your birthday so you can have some quieter time to yourself (Ignoring your brother).

*Hugs* your a wonderful person and I wish I could take you to the vegan place for dinner.

<3 

noooope, he's home today. I wish I had told him what I wanted for a gift was for him to work all day lol. 

Fun story though, since I'm still bitter: we live closeish to where the Bruins and Celtics play, so he'll go do traffic details when the games get out sometimes. 7 or 8 years ago I went out to dinner with my parents (my brother stayed home) and I picked a local quasi-chain, but all their closest locations are kind of a pain to get to because no matter which one we pick we hit rush hour traffic because everyone is leaving Boston. My father vetoes one location, we start heading toward another but there's a lot of traffic so he veers off and goes to a different one we've never been to before. We get there and it's stupid busy so there's a long wait. He's complaining the entire fucking time about how long it's taking and how bad the traffic was and whatever. Eventually we get seated. The bar has TVs up with the Bruins game on, but my parents' backs are to them. He keeps turning around anxiously and looking at the TV, then looking at his watch, then complaining about how long the food is taking. Want to guess why?

He took a traffic detail that night. Didn't tell me or my mother. So he was rushing the entire thing because he had to get home so he could change and be there on time. 

He didn't understand why I was pissed at him all night. I didn't care about the detail itself, just that he didn't say anything about it OR suggest we do dinner another night because of it, he just kept being pissy about how long everything took.

6 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

t5xes6vbyyf21.jpg?w=640&ssl=1

Your dad is trying to assuage his guilt by getting you something for your birthday. Because it's about making him feel better, he's not willing to do anything he doesn't want to do. He wants to feel better but he wants you to do the work, just like always. Good job having a healthy boundary. 

I love these comics. And yeah, I may fold under other circumstances, but I'm not giving into this bullshit theater so he can feel better about himself on my birthday. 

4 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

I saw these on a different thread and couldn't help but repost them here

giphy.gif?cid=3640f6095c77fef2346c325a59

Birthday Baby GIF - Birthday Baby Cake GIFs

I love this.

3 hours ago, NeverThatBored said:

This is awesome!! Good for you!!

:) 

3 hours ago, Countess D'If said:

I'm feeling chatty today, so this is my thoughts. Congratulations/happy birthday, I'm about to gift you with some brain vomit. (P.S. I love you and actual happy birthday, friend!)

Your dad is being a needy bitch rn and I think he wants/needs something, but he doesn't know what that is and he's wandering around like a chicken with its head cut off trying to figure it out. But he's such a fucking man baby and your mom was such a controlling psycho that Dear Old Da has never had to figure anything out for himself and has ABSOLUTELY no fucking clue how to go about it.

CIhWrL.gif

^^^^Actual footage of your Dad.

But that's his bull shit to figure out. He wants SOMETHING? That's nice. How the fuck are you supposed to figure that out for him? I feel like you've tried your damnedest to communicate with him, but he won't take a step forward, let alone try to meet you half way so you two can have a relationship that functions. He's too invested in living his broken ass life. That's his choice. Until he makes better choices, you don't need to drown trying to get to him. If he decided to make better choices, can you reevaluate your dynamic? OF COURSE! Can he wake up tomorrow and make better choices? Sure. Will he?

laughter.gif

Meh, probably not. 

But until then, this shit sucks and I'm sorry you're feeling so damn stuck. Illegitimi non carborundum. Don't let him use a day on the calendar that reminds him. . . oh. . . yeah. . . something? to make himself feel better while he drowns you because you tried to save him. Honestly, this is what I would say to him:

Dude, if you want to do something for my birthday, do something. Buy me a gift. Take me to dinner. But YOU DO IT. Don't make me do the work here. It's my birthday. YOU'RE supposed to do the work. That's how birthdays you know. . . work. Stop sad sacking around. 

But that's me. And we all know your dad wouldn't hear it anyway. So there's no fucking point. He's just going to go on like Miss Havisham, stuck and kind of insane, wandering around with one shoe on. You're at the point where he's just there and won't go away and won't change and so you move around him and try not to step in his mess. If he wants to wake up and be a person, cool. It just kind of sucks that while he's sleep walking around, his favorite thing to do is fart on your life. 

This is pretty accurate. I think mostly he feels like there are certain things that are done without question on birthdays (give presents, buy cake, go to dinner) but since he's never taken initiative on anything in his life he has no idea how to do those things. On top of that, he can't wrap his head around the fact that I don't want those things. Because they're the things you have to do for a birthday. PLUS I'm 31 but he's never been able to see me as an adult, and kids like presents and birthdays so why doesn't my kid want presents and a birthday????? But yeah, until he pulls his head out of his ass nothing is going to change so I'll just be over here living my own life. 

• Like 5

I need to figure out how to get photos to a reasonable size when I use imgur. Yikes. 

Anyway, I seem to have picked up a cold from somewhere. I am not pleased. 

I'm pretty sure my father wanted to turn my salmon-making into a family dinner type thing? He asked me when I was going to be cooking it and I was like "idk, a lot later?" and he looked disappointed. To clarify: he asked me at 4:30 after I'd just finished a late lunch, which he watched me eat while I was holding his hand to make some phone calls. I'm not making dinner immediately after that. But he's always eaten dinner between 5-5:30 and there was no way in hell I'd be making my food to be ready then. Fuck that. 

Never mind that I made dinner for the two of us last night. It was pasta with meat sauce, nothing special, but I'd had a craving for it and I figured it would also give me a break from listening to him complain about how he's tired of making smoothies or grilled cheese for dinner. He said he'd clean up, and apparently that just meant moving everything to the sink. Because it's all still there. Ugh. 

• Like 5

Ok, I say it even if I probably shouldn't...
Next year ask your dad to get his head out of his ass as a present. Sorry, couldn't keep it in...
Flea, I hope you got a day on your terms, and fingers to what the calendar (or your family for that matter) say.
Happy fucking day after your birthday (if I got time zones right)

• Like 3
2 minutes ago, Diadhuit said:

Ok, I say it even if I probably shouldn't...
Next year ask your dad to get his head out of his ass as a present. Sorry, couldn't keep it in...
Flea, I hope you got a day on your terms, and fingers to what the calendar (or your family for that matter) say.
Happy fucking day after your birthday (if I got time zones right)

Haha it's only 5:40pm, so still my birthday. :) I'm only 5-6 hours behind you. (Ireland, right?) I really thought about saying something snarky about just leaving me alone for my birthday, but that would have backfired for sure. I'm doing what I want though and he can eat a dick tbh. 

• Like 1

Haha it's only 5:40pm, so still my birthday. I'm only 5-6 hours behind you. (Ireland, right?) I really thought about saying something snarky about just leaving me alone for my birthday, but that would have backfired for sure. I'm doing what I want though and he can eat a dick tbh. 

Dammit, I'm like a Time Lady, always confused about time! (yes Ireland, but thought you were ahead, because USA is East and I got geography upside down)
You are a way better person than I am, you are amazing! And doing what you want, and be yourself and get better is the best gift for yourself

• Like 2

I’m so done y’all. 

I have my Brussels sprouts on the counter while I’m washing the pans. 

He comes in, stares at the bag, picks it up and then drops it on the counter like it bit him. Says “ewww” like a small child. 

“I told you you don’t get to complain today.”

He gets offended and starts doing his “calm down, it’s just a joke” bullshit. 

I haven't even started cooking yet. 

• Like 6

Who remembers the friend in Virginia that I ghosted like two years ago who sent me a Facebook message last year that I freaked out over that turned out to be about working for her organization?

she just sent me a happy birthday message. On LinkedIn. 

Because she’s blocked on facebook, tumblr, and twitter. And I forgot LinkedIn was a thing people actually use. 

Take a fucking hint?

• Like 6
2 hours ago, fleaball said:

I need to figure out how to get photos to a reasonable size when I use imgur. Yikes

After you copy it here to your draft, double click on it and an edit box will pop up.  Change the size parameter (I usually choose 300) and close the box.  Easy peasy  :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1