• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Dalish Eats Some Frogs

If it's your job to eat a frog, it's best to do it first thing in the morning. And If it's your job to eat two frogs, it's best to eat the biggest one first.  - Mark Twain

So I'm back in the rebels.  My foray into the druids was good, but it drove home the point for me that what I want to accomplish is broad and varied and I don't like to narrow it into specific categories.  So here is where I belong.

I'll be honest, I wasn't going to put up a challenge this time around.  I fell off fairly hard last challenge, and was planning to just go it alone for a while and see how that worked for me.  But reading @fleaball's thread made me acutely aware that what I was doing was shutting off and crawling into my depression cave.  Which I've not done like that in a while.  And I'm very aware why.

I went to the doctor's last week, and got on the scale, which promptly flashed 190kg.  That's almost 420lbs.  The heaviest I've ever been in my entire life.  I am both ashamed and terrified by that.  Every pain and twinge invokes a level of fear in me I shouldn't be feeling casually.  I'm fearing for my life just by breathing.  It's not good.

So I'm here, and I'm going to eat my frogs.  Because if I don't then they're going to multiply and suffocate me under a wave of morbid obesity.

1.  Track my food properly.  Lifesum cannot give me accurate caloric intake if I'm guessing weights of things.

2.  Move more.  Park at the space furthest from the store entrance.  Get up and walk when my garmin inactivity monitor pings.  Hit my (very low) step target.  Just move a little more.

For now, that's it.  I've already made the big changes like cutting out sugar and soda and takeout, these things are done.  My focus needs to stay in maintaining a healthy caloric deficit and moving more than I am.  If I let this kill me, I've got no one but myself to blame.  I'm stronger than this.

• Like 6
  • Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If it's your job to eat a frog, it's best to do it first thing in the morning. And If it's your job to eat two frogs, it's best to eat the biggest one first.  - Mark Twain     So I'm back i

memo to self: don't stay up late hanging out with friends and expect not to feel crappy in the morning.  Worthwhile tradeoff yes, high expectations no

Battling the desire to binge today.  No trigger, just had lunch and immediately overwhelmed with the desire to go back and make that lunch over again and eat until I can't eat anymore.  It's been a lo

Eat That Frog! 

I used to say that at work a lot and had to explain it to all the new people in our cubical city. 

"If you HAD to do EVERYTHING on a list and 1 thing on that list was to 'Eat a Frog', what would you do first? EAT THAT FROG" Get it over with, Get it DONE!"

HAHA! 

So now my frog is my workout. eee gadz! I get up and git er done and then everything else in the day is an easy slide down :)

You can do it Dalish!  Even if we fall, we just get back at it. :) Eyes forward.

• Like 1
23 hours ago, fleaball said:

High five, we can do this! 

Edit: also, for the record, I have eaten frog (legs) before and they taste like chicken. So it's easier than it sounds. ;)

We've got this :) 

And it always is!  I lucked out on being able to have frog's legs and now I'm envious.  I like trying the things!

15 hours ago, Bean Sidhe said:

You can do it. Following

Thanks Bean :) 

1 hour ago, Butternut said:

Hi Dalish!

i like your concept of the frog. And it’s super cool your only doing 2 goals.

Fear and shame only stops us from what we really want in life.

Hey!

Ain't that the truth.  I'm having a pro and con war on whether I get a gym membership or not and I'm thinking that I might at this point but I've still not made a decision, and fear plays a big part in that.  

41 minutes ago, "BOT" - BackOnTrack said:

Eat That Frog! 

I used to say that at work a lot and had to explain it to all the new people in our cubical city. 

"If you HAD to do EVERYTHING on a list and 1 thing on that list was to 'Eat a Frog', what would you do first? EAT THAT FROG" Get it over with, Get it DONE!"

HAHA! 

So now my frog is my workout. eee gadz! I get up and git er done and then everything else in the day is an easy slide down :)

You can do it Dalish!  Even if we fall, we just get back at it. :) Eyes forward.

I've spent a lot of time falling flat on my face :P  I think I'm getting used to it at this point!  Now I've gotta get more used to being on my feet instead, and sticking through.

It's a really common thing in workplaces I think!  I've heard it a couple of times at different workplaces.  Twain was a smart cookie.

12 minutes ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Following along. 

Always good to have you Tank :)  

giphy.gif 

• Like 2

Today and yesterday have been not great days food-wise.  Yesterday I did better at moving, but today I'm already heading for a total wipeout of my caloric intake.  And it's my fault, I made conscious choices that resulted in bad behaviours, so no excuses here.  But no reason to let it wipe me completely off the rails for the rest of the week either.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Bean Sidhe said:

I am glad to hear you were able to turn the day around a bit. Bad days happen, we all have them, its how we either reset for the next day or even better if you can turn it around that evening.

I am really glad the mood got better

I'm glad too.  One of the big things I've been trying to mentally adapt to is letting go of things I can't change.  I'd made bad decisions and I couldn't change the consequences of those decisions, so I focused my attention on things I could do instead.  It takes a little conscious thought for me, which is always a work in progress, but I'm seeing some small progress with it in terms of my anxiety, so I'm getting there slowly :) 

• Like 2
10 hours ago, Dalish said:

memo to self: don't stay up late hanging out with friends and expect not to feel crappy in the morning.  Worthwhile tradeoff yes, high expectations no

I have this happen too sometimes when I my friends are in town. Suddenly I am up till 2 or 3 but still up at 5 or 6. Hopefully you feel more normal soon.

I know you can do this. Yes that was a hard frog to swallow, but its done and time to do the next thing that puts this in the past. I am here cheering you on.

• Like 1

I pulled out those stops today, I got off my ass and pulled up darebee.  Foundation Light program, which I've started and never made it through the first week of, at the level 1 standard.  Today I smashed out the level 3, so 7 sets of the day 1 workout.  And I feel pretty dang great.  My food is logged for the day so far and I'm staying snug in my calories, with plenty left for a good evening meal and probably some left over.  Whether I eat those last ones or not we shall see if I get hungry again.

• Like 3
4 hours ago, Dalish said:

I pulled out those stops today, I got off my ass and pulled up darebee.  Foundation Light program, which I've started and never made it through the first week of, at the level 1 standard.  Today I smashed out the level 3, so 7 sets of the day 1 workout.  And I feel pretty dang great.  My food is logged for the day so far and I'm staying snug in my calories, with plenty left for a good evening meal and probably some left over.  Whether I eat those last ones or not we shall see if I get hungry again.

This is a great day. I am so glad the work out went so well. Great job

• Like 2

Battling the desire to binge today.  No trigger, just had lunch and immediately overwhelmed with the desire to go back and make that lunch over again and eat until I can't eat anymore.  It's been a long term issue, but I've not had a proper binge in about two months.  A big reason I need to fix my relationship with food.

• Like 4
20 hours ago, Dalish said:

Battling the desire to binge today.  No trigger, just had lunch and immediately overwhelmed with the desire to go back and make that lunch over again and eat until I can't eat anymore.  It's been a long term issue, but I've not had a proper binge in about two months.  A big reason I need to fix my relationship with food.

Oh man, you can do this Dalish!  I'm so proud of you to be aware of the trigger.  That right there is the hardest part.

And I am proud of you doing the picture.

Now I do have a question, you mentioned seeing yourself in the pictures you can't recognize yourself, my question is, if it was ideal and you saw the person you want to see, who is that person? What does she like doing in her free time? and Why is she someone your proud seeing in a picture? 

• Like 3
On 2/13/2019 at 9:43 AM, Butternut said:

Oh man, you can do this Dalish!  I'm so proud of you to be aware of the trigger.  That right there is the hardest part.

And I am proud of you doing the picture.

Now I do have a question, you mentioned seeing yourself in the pictures you can't recognize yourself, my question is, if it was ideal and you saw the person you want to see, who is that person? What does she like doing in her free time? and Why is she someone your proud seeing in a picture? 

Thanks <3 :) 

You know, I was going to say I don't know, but that's not entirely true, because I've had plenty of idle daydreams of photos I'd love to take and plaster on my social media.  Beyond all else I want a healthy relationship with food and not to feel like my capability of living to the fullest is hindered by my size.

In terms of appearance itself, the best (and geekiest) reference is gonna be Aloy,

IYaSuW2.png

Lean, active, healthy.  

• Like 2
22 hours ago, Dalish said:

Lean, active, healthy.  

There was someone I was listening to about breaking habits and he talked about knowing what you want and start living like that person.

example: I want to be a successful business women, 

what would a successful business women do in the day? What would she eat for breakfast? What would she do with her time?

so with an active, Lean, healthy women do for breakfast? What would she do for her day? Etc., 

it’s a neat exercise.

• Like 2