• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Zaethe

Dalish Eats Some Frogs

On 2/14/2019 at 5:34 AM, Dalish said:

It's been...a day.  That's about as descriptive as I can get with it.  I've felt very listless and uninterested in the world today.  I did what I had to and not a cent more.  That's fine, I still did what I had to.

I know its not helpful to hear, but some days are just like that. And the important part here is you got what you had to done. Not all days are going to be "hey watch me conquer the world." some days just getting the bare minimum done is enough.

Hopefully today will be better

• Like 1

On 2/15/2019 at 8:53 AM, Butternut said:

There was someone I was listening to about breaking habits and he talked about knowing what you want and start living like that person.

example: I want to be a successful business women, 

what would a successful business women do in the day? What would she eat for breakfast? What would she do with her time?

so with an active, Lean, healthy women do for breakfast? What would she do for her day? Etc., 

it’s a neat exercise.

It's definitely a useful exercise :)  after the end of this week being a disaster I need to spend more time thinking about it like that I think!

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Bean Sidhe said:

I know its not helpful to hear, but some days are just like that. And the important part here is you got what you had to done. Not all days are going to be "hey watch me conquer the world." some days just getting the bare minimum done is enough.

Hopefully today will be better

It was dramatically worse, but it was my fault so I take these things on the chin :P 

If I'm honest, sometimes I wonder if me taking failure so easily in stride is why I end up failing so much, because I know it's not the end of the world and I don't really have any negative reaction to low points.

• Like 1

Yesterday I binged, and I regretted it after I did it but it didn't stop it from happening.

Getting myself back up and on the wagon, I'm pretty sure that this binge happened because I went too long without eating.  Skipped breakfast because I forgot about it, and lunch because I was busy.  Then on my way home I just bought everything that looked good and ate a whole day's calories and then some in the space of an hour.  Can't keep doing that.

• Like 2

Finishing the day on a strong note.  Home made shepherd's pie for dinner, and at the table I'm talking to my Dad about needing to be more active again.  It's the one thing I struggle with, eating is a necessity so it's easier for me to adapt, but there's always an excuse to put off being active.  After dinner I go sit down and find myself thinking about doing it instead of saying it.  So I threw on shorts, a tank, my running shoes and walked out of the door.  Not only did I walk, but I jogged for nearly half a km, something I've never done before.  I wanted to see what would happen if I pushed my limitations.  Turns out I can push them a whole lot further than I thought I could.

So naturally, being warm and shiny and buzzing with accomplishment, I come home and share this with my Dad, who is once again sat on the couch playing video games.  The response I got was a vaguely uninterested noise of acknowledgement and a "Why would you want to do that straight away?"  Byebye buzz.

So.  Yeah.  If there are cheerleaders hanging out here, I could really use a hearty 'woo!' or two.

• Like 2

Well done on your Personal Best! That's awesome. I bet you can do even more than you did. Your Dad's response was really more about him than you. If you can be active, so can he, and he wants to sit and play video games, so he won't let himself be excited about your accomplishments. Not that he's aware of any of that, those reasons are all below the surface.

Anyway, GO YOU!

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Well done on your Personal Best! That's awesome. I bet you can do even more than you did. Your Dad's response was really more about him than you. If you can be active, so can he, and he wants to sit and play video games, so he won't let himself be excited about your accomplishments. Not that he's aware of any of that, those reasons are all below the surface.

Anyway, GO YOU!

3 hours ago, fleaball said:

giphy.gif

Screw your dad. That's awesome!

Thanks guys :) I needed that more than I thought I did.  I'm a stubborn person so I get headstrong in the "I'm a STRONG woman who don't need no support system" train of thought, because I simply don't have one here.  But sometimes, not having your accomplishments acknowledged is such a huge blow to the feelgoods.  I almost ended up at McDonalds last night, at the time I thought it was just me being me because I have cash and a burger sounded good.  Now I'm more inclined to think I was heading towards eating some of that negativity in my soul.  Thankfully I didn't end up going, so success me.

giphy.gif 

• Like 3

Week two rolling in, Monday morning here for me.  I've got half an hour before I have to go to mandatory volunteering.  It's a scheme for jobseekers who've been out of work for a while, get some work experience to add to your resume sort of deal.  It's not the worst work, I managed to land in some admin stuff, but the commute is 40 minutes each way which means a lot of fuel.  Still, it's only til mid March, then I should start a training course.

As time goes on, I'm learning that as much as I like mornings, I'm feeling more inclined, motivated, etc, to work out in the evenings.  Which is a bit of a juggle to figure out currently, but I'm getting it sorted slowly.

Woke up with a cough this morning, which is not a good thing.  Gonna go to my volunteer stuff anyway cause it's just a cough, and if they send me home then they send me home.

• Like 1

On 2/16/2019 at 2:56 AM, Dalish said:

Getting myself back up and on the wagon, I'm pretty sure that this binge happened because I went too long without eating.  Skipped breakfast because I forgot about it, and lunch because I was busy.  Then on my way home I just bought everything that looked good and ate a whole day's calories and then some in the space of an hour.  Can't keep doing that.

Dude, I am not a huge breakfast eater (especially after finding out about intermittent fasting)  I binged alot.  

Something I couldn't control.  I would go for 3rds for dinner with a bowl of cereal (maybe 2) for dessert.

This last 2 months, i've been incooparating really small breakfasts, a grapefruit, 1 egg and some mushrooms, 1 slice of toast even, I find myself at night eating dinner, and being done. 

I'm so happy you brought that up !  It's hard when intermittent fasting has so much good news on it, sometimes I don't think it's right for some of us.

What are your thoughts? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Butternut said:

Dude, I am not a huge breakfast eater (especially after finding out about intermittent fasting)  I binged alot.  

Something I couldn't control.  I would go for 3rds for dinner with a bowl of cereal (maybe 2) for dessert.

This last 2 months, i've been incooparating really small breakfasts, a grapefruit, 1 egg and some mushrooms, 1 slice of toast even, I find myself at night eating dinner, and being done. 

I'm so happy you brought that up !  It's hard when intermittent fasting has so much good news on it, sometimes I don't think it's right for some of us.

What are your thoughts? 

There's actually been some theories I've seen previously that women have a harder time with IF not because they don't lose weight on it, but because the genetic drive to bear children doesn't agree with long fasting periods, so we instinctively revert to overfeeding when we actually have food.  And I think it honestly makes a fair bit of sense.

I wanted IF to work for me too, because I've not done breakfast in years so it seemed simple, but looking back (hindsight being 20/20 and all) I can see that almost every time I've had prolonged fasting periods, even just skipping breakfast, I've been far more prone to binges once or twice a week.  

So yeah, I'm inclined to agree completely :)  I'm gonna meal prep some little egg bakes, just some scrambled egg, bell pepper, chorizo and non-soy vegan cheese (allergic to milk, allergic to soy, it's a struggle) and try having one in the morning, and meal prep some turkey that I can throw some veggies with and have at lunch, and see how I go from there.  If I'm still having the urge to binge I may break it down further into the 5-6 small meals instead of 3 main meals.  

• Like 3

For the record, I am a bit late, but I love the PR... And you should totally be cheered for that.

LikelyDeficientFieldspaniel-small.gif

I will agree, IF doesn't work for all people. I did it years adn years ago (more by accident than anything) because I got to a point where I was eating 1 meal a day and I was eating probably double what i needed to because by then I was starving. The other problem I developed is I have a hard time telling when I am hungry anymore. My Brain got so use to ignoring that signal, now it just never registers. I have had to watch for things like "Hey, why am I so grouchy/tired/teary?" to figure it out. What I am trying to say is, it may work for some, but it can also cause more issues for others.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Bean Sidhe said:

For the record, I am a bit late, but I love the PR... And you should totally be cheered for that.

LikelyDeficientFieldspaniel-small.gif

I will agree, IF doesn't work for all people. I did it years adn years ago (more by accident than anything) because I got to a point where I was eating 1 meal a day and I was eating probably double what i needed to because by then I was starving. The other problem I developed is I have a hard time telling when I am hungry anymore. My Brain got so use to ignoring that signal, now it just never registers. I have had to watch for things like "Hey, why am I so grouchy/tired/teary?" to figure it out. What I am trying to say is, it may work for some, but it can also cause more issues for others.

giphy.gif

Thankyou :) 

Yeah I have similar problems, my hunger sensors just don't work so I revert to the whole "I'm bored, let's eat!" thing.

• Like 1

Well if anything was going to seriously mess up my schedule, it would be my teeth.  I have dentures (it's a long, personal story) and today I cracked my top plate.  So now, no teeth.  I have to be at the emergency dentist by 7:30 in the morning because it's first come first serve for emergency patients.  And it could take up to three weeks to get them back.  Not.  Fun.

• Sad 3

1 hour ago, Dalish said:

Well if anything was going to seriously mess up my schedule, it would be my teeth.  I have dentures (it's a long, personal story) and today I cracked my top plate.  So now, no teeth.  I have to be at the emergency dentist by 7:30 in the morning because it's first come first serve for emergency patients.  And it could take up to three weeks to get them back.  Not.  Fun.

Oh man that sucks.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, fleaball said:

Oof. Hope you got an appointment! What's the plan going forward? Smoothies and soups and such? Do you need ideas?

Ideas are always welcome!  :) I got lucky and got in this morning to see them and they think they should be able to get them fixed by tomorrow, so it's just a waiting game now.   

• Like 2

Couple more hours and I'll be able to go pick up my teeth.

I'm flirting with the notion of getting back on keto, because when I'm actually meeting my fat macros I feel pretty good, and with pcos simple carbs aren't exactly my friend in the first place.  I'm somewhat dithering around the keto/paleo mark, and there's a lot to be said for just focusing at the motion on clean whole foods.  But also results and progress matter too.  I forsee some more experimenting in my future.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Dalish said:

Ideas are always welcome!  :) I got lucky and got in this morning to see them and they think they should be able to get them fixed by tomorrow, so it's just a waiting game now.   

Whoops, looks like I'm a little late. I always forget that the time zone thing means talking with people on your side of the world is hard. (For reference, it's currently 1:20am and I should have been in bed long ago.) I'm glad you're getting them back so soon!

Good luck with the keto if you do it! I have PCOS too but I was only diagnosed about 2.5 years ago and haven't really put too much effort into losing weight in that time, because life had other ideas. I'm dreading trying to figure out how it will affect me in the future.

• Like 1

This week has not been the crowning glory of successes.  It happens.  I'm trying to look at it and see where I can make improvements.  Anxiety still plays such a huge factor.  It doesn't overwhelm me like it used to but man, I'm still struggling with the concept of exercising while someone is around, and I'm still having issues with maintaining a stable routine.  It doesn't help that I've not been 100% un-sick this week, either.

I stopped logging food for a couple of days while I tried to figure out what I was doing with my eating.  For now I'm just going to settle my focus on calories, and not make things too hard for myself before it's absolutely necessary to.  That's probably the smartest of approaches.  I don't plan to do nothing but eat bread and pasta, but fussing over what I can and can't have (outside of allergies) gives food a kind of power that it should not have over my life.  As time goes on I can narrow my focus down, but overcomplicating things is how my anxiety gets out of hand in the first place, and I could do with a lot less of that.

• Like 2

Being active goal is put on hold.  Not that I'm going to sit around all day every day, but I'm not going to be pushing it in the slightest.  Damaged ligaments in my knees, could take a couple of months to heal properly.  So stretching is a thing, but not much more than that.

• Like 2

Is there a pool you can go to? I did a water yoga class last year following a knee issue and it felt really good. I didn't go back because the guy teaching it was a massive dickwad, but being in the water really helped my body not be angry that I was making it do things.

I know you've probably mentioned it before, but what foods are you allergic to? I have a bajillion and one health-ish recipes bookmarked that I can share if you want. Haven't tried most of them myself because I'm literally scared of cooking, but they look good lol. They tend toward vegan/vegetarian if that's an issue, although some of them would go well with grilled chicken or something.

• Like 1

Just now, fleaball said:

Is there a pool you can go to? I did a water yoga class last year following a knee issue and it felt really good. I didn't go back because the guy teaching it was a massive dickwad, but being in the water really helped my body not be angry that I was making it do things.

I know you've probably mentioned it before, but what foods are you allergic to? I have a bajillion and one health-ish recipes bookmarked that I can share if you want. Haven't tried most of them myself because I'm literally scared of cooking, but they look good lol. They tend toward vegan/vegetarian if that's an issue, although some of them would go well with grilled chicken or something.

There's one a couple of suburbs over, but it's yearly membership only and $700 I just cannot afford unfortunately.  It blows because I love to swim, it's my favourite exercise, I'm a water baby :P

I'm allergic to milk, wheat, egg whites, peanuts and soy.  Such a fun combination!  Vegetarian/vegan is 100% not an issue, I love teh veggies :P 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Dalish said:

There's one a couple of suburbs over, but it's yearly membership only and $700 I just cannot afford unfortunately.  It blows because I love to swim, it's my favourite exercise, I'm a water baby :P

I'm allergic to milk, wheat, egg whites, peanuts and soy.  Such a fun combination!  Vegetarian/vegan is 100% not an issue, I love teh veggies :P 

Jesus Christ. That's about $500 US and that hurts my soul. If I had that much to drop on a pool membership I'd be in the best shape ever. 

Word. Pretty sure most of my recipes avoid a lot of those things. (I hate tofu, so I will be the world's worst vegan when I eventually get there.) 

So one of my favorite things that I somehow forgot existed is stupid simple. From here. It talks about clean eating and detox stuff fyi, in case that's a trigger. They don't give amounts for things, but here's the recipe so you don't have to go to the site if you don't want to: 

Lentils and Quinoa with Mint and Lemon: Sauté chopped red onion, minced garlic, celery, and red bell pepper in extra virgin olive oil until tender. Add lentils (vacuum sealed or canned, rinsed, and drained are both fine) to heat through. Serve over a small scoop of cooked quinoa and garnish with fresh mint and juice from a fresh lemon wedge.

I'll dig for other stuff. I have no idea what I've actually got bookmarked because I tend to open a million links and bookmark them without looking. And of course there's no organization. Here's a definitely not vegan recipe for spicy pineapple chili. I haven't made it but it looks good lol. 

• Like 2