• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

scalyfreak

Scalyfreak clears a boss fight

Final update and wrap-up:

1. Physical Stress Management

1a. Walk with Happy Sidekick every day.

Almost every day. Exceptions were days when weather was windy or very rainy-cold, but overall, this goal was successful.

1b. Go to the gym when I am scheduled to go to the gym.

Kind of failed on this, and yet not. Every time I failed to go to the gym, I had a valid reason, even that time when I was too tired. So I failed to meet the goal, but for good reasons, so this is a tie.

2. Mental Stress Management

2a. Mediate every morning.

New morning routine is to get up at 5:30 instead of 5:45, to make sure there is room for meditation in the morning rituals. Meditation on weekend mornings is still a fail, another tie.

Side-note: Every week when I missed a gym workout for valid reasons, I spent one of two weekend days having a Bad Anxiety Day. Since I refused to believe that was coincidence, I pointed this out to Therapist and we spent almost a whole appointment talking about it. In the end, progress was made. :) 

2b. Continue working towards improving sleep habits.

Amount of sleep remains roughly the same. Quality of sleep is vastly improved. Calling this a draw.

3. Happiness factor:

3.a Declutter and tidy the desk in my dragon cave. 

I continued to keep the decluttered surface nice-looking but made no progress.

3b. Read Harder 2019.

Ummm. Eh. This is embarrassing... 

3c. Spec out and pick parts for the new computer build.

So is this one.

While I have done several things that increased the overall Happiness factor in my life this challenge period (volunteer event, see Trevor Noah live, a couple of career accomplishments, birthday celebration), I made no progress on my stated goals, which makes this a loss in the never ending battle against Procrastination. Clearly, focus needs to shift in her general direction for next challenge. She is controlling far too much of my life, as evidenced by the lack of success this challenge period, and that needs to change.

Finally, final music for this challenge! :devilish:

• Like 5

though procrastination was a theme this challenge you did tackle stress and self-indulgence (as you put it). it seemed like you came to good terms with both of those, no?

1 hour ago, CourtnieMarie said:

though procrastination was a theme this challenge you did tackle stress and self-indulgence (as you put it). it seemed like you came to good terms with both of those, no?

The way I see it, Bad Anxiety Days are an indicator that I didn't do a good enough job with the stress.

But there was progress, certainly. Just not as much as I wanted, and not in the areas I wanted. :)

A huge improvement in sleep quality is, well, a huge win. It's interesting to me to notice, now that I'm only drinking alcohol once per week, that my sleep is worse after alcohol and the days afterwards are significantly less productive. I am about 33% more slug-like on days after I don't sleep well. But this was invisible to me when I was sleeping poorly almost every day (I had poor sleep for as long as I can remember, until quite recently). So I am super happy for your better sleep quality! 

• Like 2