• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Does anyone have any ideas for cute girly clothing that’s not restrictive or a texture violation or rippable in two seconds?

Like, my tomboy looks is fine sometimes, but sometimes I just wanna look CUTE and GIRLY but literally anything I’ve ever tried on that looks feminine limits my range of motion or is of some thin, fragile fabric.

If I need to run away from a crazed dog or a mugger, or a more daily example, do some parkour on the way home from work or heck, even crawl around under furniture in te office, I need sturdy flexy clothes.

I’m kind of mininimalist so I like multi-purpose items and I like to be able to just go do parkour in my work outfit (maybe just like, ditching the blazer or something but what was on underneath was mobile enough for workout). I’m able to wear pretty casual stuff at work so I’m usually in like a T-shirt and black track pants, but I’m getting kind of sick of being mistaken for a guy, like, ALL of the time.

I feal like that scene in Wonder Woman where she’s trying on all the clothes and rips the skirt in half with a high kick.

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

On 2/6/2019 at 4:20 AM, Happienumber said:

I like to be able to just go do parkour in my work outfit 

This is a tough combination of requirements: appropriate for parkour, good for the office, and feminine. Feminine work trousers are probably never going to be very stretchy - though you could get some ponte knit trousers. Still, I wouldn't want to do parkour in those. Tops are a bit easier: sturdy, fitted, knit tops can be found, and they look more feminine than t-shirts, especially if they're a bit shorter and combined with high-waisted trousers.

I mean something like this:

1500445990_knitsweatertop.jpg.078f101d963db914a0a672d1401bb25b.jpg

Also, jersey or knit dresses might be okay if they're swing/fit and flare/a-line rather than pencil/wiggle, and you could wear tights or bike shorts underneath if you're likely to flash people while doing parkour. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Harriet said:

Tops are a bit easier: sturdy, fitted, knit tops can be found, and they look more feminine than t-shirts, especially if they're a bit shorter and combined with high-waisted trousers.

This is a great idea! Thank you!

It is a tough combination of requirements. Fortunatly, my office isn't VERY dressed-up, it's very casual. But I wouldn't want to walk around in "gym clothes" all day as that would look rather odd.  It is so frustrating though that "Everyday" clothes for guys often fit this bill, but not most of girls clothes. (Clearly not like, business suits for those in a more formal office environment, but at least clothes that wouldn't look weird on the street.) 

I did just get reminded of gaucho pants, though, which were a BIG deal for me when I was younger, and I'm going to buy some of those too!

Image result for gaucho pants

If casual is OK, I often wear these pants and shirts together when I don't need to be 'fancy' for clients but don't want to wear jeans.

https://www.marks.com/en/health-pro-slip-on-fitted-scrub-pant-with-cargo-pockets-80082.html

https://www.eddiebauer.ca/product/womens-infinity-long-sleeve-button-front-shirt/23150292

For some other options. ;)

These are also pretty comfy: https://www.mec.ca/en/product/5030-752/Halle-Pants---Regular-Inseam

All of the above are very easy to move in! 

• Like 1

I'm generally a big fan of swing/skater style dresses, with yoga pants or leggings instead of tights/stockings.  Full range of motion, comfortable, wide range of styling options.

• Like 1

I know this thread is about clothes, but dont overlook the option of using makeup and hair styles as a means of looking more girly as well. Strategically chosen jewelry can be used for that as well, and is easy to remove for parkour.

• Like 1