• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sylvaa

[Sylvaa] - EXTREME!!!!

latest?cb=20110705033512

You know, I thought I already did an extreme challenge. Maybe I'm just losing it. Oh well!

Fun fact: back in the early 2000's, in my avid WoW playing days, I was a guild member of <Extreme>. This experience completely ruined my ability to ever play another MMO (or any guild based game really) forever. If we are being honest, it wasn't really a great time for me personally, but the added support of my guildies helped me mentally. I'm still friends with a number of them, which is cool considering it's been over 10 years now since I've played. 

This challenge, I'm going back to the days of Vanilla WoW, babies, and the first step in losing weight for me. There will be old school stories, maybe some videos. But most of all, Sylvaa finding some fire. 

Warrior: Our main tank was an undead warrior named Lavrute. Lavrute was probably 10 - 15 years older than the majority of us, and he was literally the best. He is why I have a soft spot for older guys (how you doing Sloth?). Lav had more responsibilities than the rest of us, but he was always on and prepared for raids (more than anyone else). He also had this obsession with obtaining the Hand of Justice. Much like a solid tank is the backbone of a good raiding guild, using my journal is the background of a good system.

Sylvaa will update her journal daily.

Priest: One of our main healers was Tazren. Tazren was solid and dependable. A large number of us would goof off (probably too much), but he was always there to get everyone back on track. He actually became a good IRL friend for a few years, but we lost track of each other. Priests are essential to keeping everyone alive. So is water.

Sylvaa will drink at least 64 oz of water daily.

Druid: Back in Vanilla, druids were a broken class. They were jacks of all trades, masters of none; as long as all trades only included healing in raids. I was debating as to whether or not I should use myself here, but decided not to. Instead, I'll talk about a super important druid; Varsh. I loved this guy. We shared a character for about a year while he was deployed and got to be super close. I tried to find him a few years ago, but I have no idea what happened to him. Druids needed to be prepared for any number of scenarios and had the ability to battle res (which really could come in handy). I need to make sure my body is ready for whatever comes its way.

Sylvaa will work out at least 3 x / week.

Mage: If you played Vanilla Wow, you may have noticed an abundance of cocky mages. My guild obviously had their share, including Vixdean. For some reason, my main job as a druid was healing the mages, which turned out to be hilarious and frustrating all at once. Mages knew their worth as damage dealers and expected the respect due. While I know my worth, I need to work on staying focused and completing tasks associated with that worth.

Sylvaa will complete at least 5 tomatoes of work daily.

Warlock: Warlocks were the kings (and queens!) of DoTs. They weren't huge damage dealers, but could make or break fights when they got tough and people started dying. We had two main warlocks, Jordaina and Lylith. I mention both because Lylith is a good friend and I have a fun story to tell later about Jordaina. Like DoTs, sometimes it's takes a little bit to hit goals. 

Sylvaa will daily by making reading part of her nightly ritual.

• Like 9

2 minutes ago, NeverThatBored said:

That sounds right. :P

I've been watching Ultimate Beastmaster on Netflix and I've been wondering which one of you I'd see on there first. 

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, fleaball said:

I've been watching Ultimate Beastmaster on Netflix and I've been wondering which one of you I'd see on there first. 

I would love to, but I've got to work on upper body strength more. I mean, I AM working on it, just not fast enough for this show. But with my height, I have a natural advantage over NTB in terms of physically being able to do some of the things. 

BTW, I've been working on updating my original post. I'll finish it off this weekend.

• Like 2

You know, it would probably help if I updated my thread..... Although, technically, this challenge only started two days ago. I guess technically, I should still finish my challenge itself, but I'll get there. 

Saturday was our second D&D group night. It did not go as planned, but was amazing. I spent some time making sure the group could get through the second dungeon and level up, however they decided to forego the actual story line for side quests. Due to dumb luck, they still ended up leveling (yay!). We had a hilarious time (my brother is playing a seduction bard, however he rolled a natural 1 trying to convince an orc to kill itself. So instead, he got .....violated by the orc). 

Yesterday, I actually went to trivia! One of the guys from the D&D group (who happens to be a friend of both my husband and I) plays trivia with a group every Tuesday night. Since I'm working from home, we joined them this week. Our friend would like to get my husband to go more often (he's up in the air - trivia isn't his thing), but it was nice to do something with people. This same friend is potentially joining us at the gym on Friday also. 

I've been fairly consistent with journaling. Still not great on the weekends, but I've at least been updating the habit tracker at the end. I like this journal, it's just a matter if I can get better at using it when I'm not work-focused. 

Warrior: 2/7

Priest: 2/7

Druid: 1/3

Mage: 2/7

Warlock: 1/7

• Like 4

This seems like more evidence that a job change / being home more would be a good thing for you!

Also, I'm super jealous of the D&D! I've never had a chance to play and it sounds so fun~

• Like 2

On ‎2‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 6:07 AM, Sylvaa said:

will complete at least 5 tomatoes of work

What does this mean? :confused:  Google just tells me to eat more tomatoes. :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Eira said:

What does this mean? :confused:  Google just tells me to eat more tomatoes. :lol:

This is in regards to the Pomodoro Technique. Though I have no problem with more tomatoes! Wikipedia article linked, but it's basically for time management, where you separate work into 25 minute blocks with breaks between. 

13 hours ago, NeverThatBored said:

Also, I'm super jealous of the D&D! I've never had a chance to play and it sounds so fun~

It has been super fun! I was worried because my brother is playing with us, and he's a pain in the ass to do things with (he's not good at explaining to people, he just wants to tell people what to do, which doesn't help when you are trying to learn. Also, every time we play a game like this, coincidentally his character ends up like extra overpowered). But it's gone better than expected. 

I know we were talking in a previous challenge thread about the perils of large groups. I think it works for us because everyone is fairly new and we all are more chatty than we probably should be if we were a serious group. I think for the most part, we are all not very social, so this is more of an excuse for us to get together (with a little bit of D&D). 

• Like 2

Also, I'm not a huge fan of Valentine's Day, but I wanted to share the following article from last year (TW: it was posted after my grandparents deaths).

Link Here

I know a lot of my NF family have been dealing with death recently. My family celebrates life versus mourning death. This article is one of our favorites, not only because it was a fantastic tribute to my grandparents, but also because my grandfather had a standing feud with the newspaper that published the article. Towards the end of their life, my grandparents had trouble getting out of the house. The newspaper was supposed to be delivered to the front door, but the delivery people wouldn't do so. So my grandfather stopped paying. I'm pretty sure my aunt had to settle after their death, but I'm sure she didn't pay either. :D 

• Like 4

That is a beautiful story. I remember after my grandmother died of Alzheimers, a lot of my aunts and uncles shared stories of growing up and how they didn't like my grandpa very much. He wasn't their real father, so there was some resistance there. But as they aged and they saw how devoted he was to my grandmother, and especially as they saw how he cared for her as the disease worsened, their feelings toward him changed.

Thank you or sharing this. Hope all is well.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Wolfen said:

That is a beautiful story. I remember after my grandmother died of Alzheimers, a lot of my aunts and uncles shared stories of growing up and how they didn't like my grandpa very much. He wasn't their real father, so there was some resistance there. But as they aged and they saw how devoted he was to my grandmother, and especially as they saw how he cared for her as the disease worsened, their feelings toward him changed.

The thing that really got me was now much my Grandpa meant to other people. My Grandpa and I were always super close, so I knew how much he meant to me. But he was a force in his community more than I had ever known. He was a Deacon in his church and basically baptized an entire generation of children (okay, I am exaggerating a little, but seriously, it was a large number). The number of children that came was crazy! But it would have been exactly what my Grandparents would have loved.

My Grandmother, on the other hand, told my daughter I was a little shit when I was younger :D 

20 minutes ago, Wolfen said:

Hope all is well.

Working from home is sometimes more difficult than one would think. But I've had some extra baby time, which is nice. He's getting so big already! 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Sylvaa said:

Also, I'm not a huge fan of Valentine's Day, but I wanted to share the following article from last year (TW: it was posted after my grandparents deaths).

Link Here

I know a lot of my NF family have been dealing with death recently. My family celebrates life versus mourning death. This article is one of our favorites, not only because it was a fantastic tribute to my grandparents, but also because my grandfather had a standing feud with the newspaper that published the article. Towards the end of their life, my grandparents had trouble getting out of the house. The newspaper was supposed to be delivered to the front door, but the delivery people wouldn't do so. So my grandfather stopped paying. I'm pretty sure my aunt had to settle after their death, but I'm sure she didn't pay either. :D 

That’s beautiful. And that he had a feud with the newspaper is pretty funny.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Wolfen said:

Pics! We want pics! If that's okay, of course. 

Incoming! (It'll be huge, but I'll fix it)

4d324af1e6ddf9c5aae3cc997949a1e1.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

• Like 6