• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Tobbe

Tobbe becomes a Recovery Warrior

The third, and last, exercise was to think about what we could to in the next two weeks to work towards something from the list we had just made. We were to pick a goal, and break it down in to small tasks that we would really try to actually finish in the next two weeks (when we will have a video call again, and follow up).

So this time I set the headlines myself, and wrote all the tasks

Work on fighting my ED

Collect 5 inspirational and helpful quotes

Do at least 10 out of 14 daily gratitudes

Do all School of Recovery assignments

Let my wife cook at least four meals

Listen to at least five True Warrior podcasts

Work on doing my first pull-up

Do six bodyweight workouts (i.e. follow my current workout plan)

Try doing a hammer-grip pull up

Do 10 negative rows with my TRX

Work on doing my first hand stand

Try to kick up against a wall three different days

Increase the time I stand on one hand against a wall

Free-stand on my head three days

Earn money on the side

Get what I already have running again

Document how to get it running for future me

Find one thing to improve in the code

Improve that one thing

Focus-word

Fight

• Like 2

Funny how sleeping more and letting your wife do more cooking came out twice. Glad to see you've incorporated the cooking part in your two weeks plan.

Seing how you're handling your life, most of your goals seem achievable, the ED one looking like the big one that'll drain your energy. Hopefully, working on the others and improving your life in general can help you to achieve this one too (because let's be serious, here, you look like an awesome guy with awesome activities, also with your children (thinking about bouldering and swimming, here), I can easily fathom you conquering this all even though some of these will be easier than others).

3 hours ago, Tobbe said:

I stand on one hand against a wall 

Ok, there? I'm impressed. You rock!

8 hours ago, Jean said:

Funny how sleeping more and letting your wife do more cooking came out twice.

Someone asked about this during the live video session, and the teacher said it was totally fine to have overlapping goals and tasks :)  I guess it just means that it's an area that might be more important to focus on than others!

8 hours ago, Jean said:

Seing how you're handling your life, most of your goals seem achievable, the ED one looking like the big one that'll drain your energy. Hopefully, working on the others and improving your life in general can help you to achieve this one too

Thank you, hadn't thought of it that way. I've been stuck in the mindset that "Fix the ED, and everything will be much easier". But maybe if I start chipping away at the other things I'll get more mental energy to fight the ED! Worth thinking about! :) 

• Like 2

Gratitudes:
1) Leftovers (food)
2) Energy drinks
3) My body doing cool things during today's workout
Celebrating: Actually getting shit done at work today

• Like 1

On 2/11/2019 at 9:11 PM, Tobbe said:

The third, and last, exercise was to think about what we could to in the next two weeks to work towards something from the list we had just made. We were to pick a goal, and break it down in to small tasks that we would really try to actually finish in the next two weeks (when we will have a video call again, and follow up).

So this time I set the headlines myself, and wrote all the tasks

Work on fighting my ED

Collect 5 inspirational and helpful quotes

Do at least 10 out of 14 daily gratitudes

Do all School of Recovery assignments

Let my wife cook at least four meals

Listen to at least five True Warrior podcasts

Work on doing my first pull-up

Do six bodyweight workouts (i.e. follow my current workout plan)

Try doing a hammer-grip pull up

Do 10 negative rows with my TRX

Work on doing my first hand stand

Try to kick up against a wall three different days

Increase the time I stand on one hand against a wall

Free-stand on my head three days

Earn money on the side

Get what I already have running again

Document how to get it running for future me

Find one thing to improve in the code

Improve that one thing

Focus-word

Fight

Making some progress on this :) 

• Increased my one-arm hand stand against the wall from 8 to 10 seconds for each arm
  • One out of six workouts done
  • Two out of ten daily gratitudes written
  • Like 2

I was chatting with the other School of Recovery students, and one of them just said something that really hit me. Inspired me to make an image quote out of it.

1813016716_Allfoodisenergytofuelyouandyourlife.thumb.png.790a8f369f27119046aa678ba7d96421.png

This is something I feel I need to take to heart. If I could really believe that, food wouldn't be so complicated!

• Like 2

Oops, I thought I was subscribed to this thread, but apparently not. Just got caught up. Seems like you have been making some good steps forward with this class!

On 2/11/2019 at 11:44 PM, Tobbe said:

Thank you, hadn't thought of it that way. I've been stuck in the mindset that "Fix the ED, and everything will be much easier". But maybe if I start chipping away at the other things I'll get more mental energy to fight the ED! Worth thinking about! :) 

I think this might be a good approach! If you think about it, the ED exists in part as a way to deal with something else, right? Like, a sense of control over your own body weight, to help with a lack of control in some other part of life, or something along those lines. It's grown into its own beast now, but whatever underlying thing that pushed you in that direction in the first place might still be there. If you're feeling happy and safe in the rest of your life, the things that the ED can do to influence you should decrease.

I especially liked the goal you wrote about how spending more time with the boys would give you less time to focus on the ED related thoughts. Yes! Hopefully you and your sons can find something to do together that you all fully enjoy, and that time will become special and also a distraction from other things.

• Like 1

Today I've been grateful for:
1. The moonlight lightening up my path during my evening walk
2. The mulled wine brewing in my kitchen spreading the most wonderful Christmas scents
3. My new organic green tea with matcha
I'm celebrating fixing my car on my own

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Jett said:

Like, a sense of control over your own body weight, to help with a lack of control in some other part of life

Yes, exactly like that!

3 hours ago, Jett said:

I especially liked the goal you wrote about how spending more time with the boys would give you less time to focus on the ED related thoughts. Yes! Hopefully you and your sons can find something to do together that you all fully enjoy, and that time will become special and also a distraction from other things.

I feel like this is more something I would do to please the rest of the family though. Not something I'd truly enjoy myself :(  I can definitely do some things just for the sake of others, nothing wrong with that. And this would in that case be one of those things.

7 minutes ago, Terah said:

A while back I was collecting inspirational quotes, maybe some of them will resonate with you too:

Thanks for sharing. Really liked this one

16196015-1686779454672938-33335690240259

• Like 3

I'm grateful for
1. Sleep (too bad I didn't get enough)
2. Our meat thermometer
3. My skilled coworkers
Today I'm celebrating doing my workout even though I initially didn't feel like it. When I was done I was so proud of what my body could do even though I was exhausted!

We got an assignment to design "permission slips". Preferably using thick paper and water colors and markers. But I copped out and made digital designs instead.

permissionslips.jpg.713f57d0577569100acc4993c0274a49.jpg

The idea is to pull these out when we need a small extra push in the right direction. 

Like today, I've been thinking all day if I should have dessert for today's Valentine meal or not. But then I thought of the top left permission slip, and decided that of course we were going to have dessert!

20190214_213207.jpg.4b13a2842f03f672f2cbd7c4be11b63c.jpg

Sticky coconut cake with whipped cream and raspberries

• Like 3

On 2/15/2019 at 7:06 PM, LittleTurtle said:

Thank you for posting all the inspirational pictures and quotes.  I needed to see them even though I didn't even know it!!

I haven't really been in to those kind of things earlier, but now they're kind of speaking to me actually :)  

Here's another one!

inspiration_001.thumb.png.5c23fe1f96e71d0989a503de77ada789.png

• Like 2

Another tidbit from the SoR classroom

412317552_Happinessbreaksbarriers_480.png.b82d40fc455a75659d8686939a01c54e.png

It was actually part of this larger collection, but it was the one I liked the most, so I made the one above with just that one.

image_from_ios.jpg

• Like 2

On 2/14/2019 at 11:22 PM, Tobbe said:

Today I'm celebrating doing my workout even though I initially didn't feel like it. When I was done I was so proud of what my body could do even though I was exhausted!

Love it!

• Like 1

More headstand and handstands practice :D 

20190217_114641.jpg.ab883fc86154d1fbddcb43ac7f55d514.jpg

I know there are a lot of things I can improve on with the handstands, but hey! we all got to start somewhere, right? :) 

• Like 3

Just realized I've been forgetting to post my gratitudes here as well

Friday:

Today I'm grateful for
1. My kids being so well-behaved and quick this morning when we were running a bit late
2. My wife's help with getting everyone ready this morning
3. My headphones that let me listen to inspirational and educational podcasts and videos
Celebration:
I'm proud of myself for not going on a binge yesterday after eating all the Valentine sweets we had in the evening, and instead going to bed to get some much needed sleep :sleeping:

Saturday:

Today I'm grateful for
1. Sleeping in
2. The sun finally showing itself again
3. Friends visiting
I'm celebrating letting my wife cook dinner for our friends today, without me asking about all the ingredients

Sunday:

Today I am grateful for
1. Sleeping in (again!)
2. Supportive online communities (Nerd Fitness!)
3. Today's Office Hours (video call with our School of Recovery teacher)
Celebrating:
Eating the same food as the rest of the family for dinner, even though it had a lot of ingredients off of my "fear foods" list

• Like 3