• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Elastigirl

Incredible Journey of Elastigirl

5 hours ago, Fonzico said:

What did you make for your meal prep??

Didn't do much prep, just planned the meals. I did take several chicken breasts, and cooked them I the crockpot. I seasoned them with some broth and curry powder and chopped up onions. 

5 hours ago, Starpuck said:

I totally get this!  And honestly, it's this last rodeo I've gotten into that has really put all the pieces together.   Consistency is my new go to answer.    The consistency to stick with it, even when things don't work, to do the research, stick with a plan long enough to warrant real data, then shift and try, try again until you find what YOUR best plan is.    Mine is a mostly clean, but not absolute paleo, lower fat, and lower carb, but not Atkins like, and track for accountability approach.    I still eat my D&D night snacks of booze, popcorn, and cookies.  Sometimes as many as 3-5 at a time!  So it's sustainable and doesn't tick me the heck off.   But it literally took me 5 years to find the balance on all the fronts.    In a world that thrives on immediate everything- it's daunting to shift your brain to the idea "this could take a while.  A long while.  But it's worth it."

Anyway!  Sorry to ramble on your thread!   :)     Here to follow along for all the awesome Elastinspiration!

You're such a gem!

Not rambling at all. I think giving consistency is the answer is perfect.It's not just a simple formula that you follow for 5 weeks and then go back to normal. And it's taken me (and still working on it) a while to find the balance. Maybe that is what people need to hear though.That it takes time, that it may take some tweaking to figure out what it works, but don't give up!

• Like 1

Apparently, my house moved to the Midwest while I wasn't looking. We've  had snow every day for the last few days. Haven't left the house or had anyone over since Thursday. We do have power though, unlike many of my friends. And internet, unlike my son.  Mr.Incredible is frustrated. He had orientation for his new job Friday, but doesn't have a computer yet. And he hasn't been able to get to work. Our street is covered in snow, and our car is not 4 wheel drive. And we live on a hill. He's made a few attempts, but the car can't get traction. It warmed up slightly today (35Fahrenheit) so things are melting. So maybe , hopefully , tomorrow he will make it.

My friends usually come over on Wednesday for our get together, but they can't make it. Hubby and I  have play tickets for Thursday, so I hope by then it is cleared out.

Last week the snow was fun, but I am now ready for the spring thaw. I actually enjoyed snow shoveling the first few times. Kind of like a free outdoor workout. And then the days when I also did my workout, I felt super bad ass. Hubby and I went on a short walk today. Most people don't shovel the sidewalk, and the snow is too deep to walk much in. We walked in the streets, but that was kind of deep too. It was pretty though. I love how snow looks on the evergreen trees. My back window looks out on all our evergreens, and with them all covered in snow, it is gorgeous. And fun watching the kids play . 

Yesterday I did all my Konmari tidying. Finished organizing my clothes. Then I went to fold clothes. since hubby  was home, I got to torture him by making him decide what to keep and what to throw away. There was much tongue biting on my part. I was really tempted to tell him he should donate much more of his clothes, but really that is his call.He makes room for it in his dresser and closet, so it is up to him how much he keeps . I really didn't like it on the Netflix Marie Kondo show , when one partner was bad mouthing another partner about their choices, or being bossy. And it also didn't work. So I am trying not to be that person. But it is hard when  you get in the tidying mindset. There are some shared areas (garage, office) where we may have to discuss how much to keep, but I decided not to use that for his closet or drawer space. Truth is, I am the one who leaves dirty socks on the floor, or dirty clothes laying about. He is much tidier than I  in that. 

Kept MFP both days. My schedule is weird with hubby home. And today is usually my house cleaning day, since I have friends over. I needed to clean house it was messy, but really hard to be motivated when no one but hubby and I will see it. Talked myself into doing the dusting, mopping , and vacuuming, but didn't do dusting or clean the guest bathroom. 

• Like 6

Finished my paralettes program today. It was a 12 week program, but I think it took about 15 weeks. One of the reasons I like to do programs is that then it gives me a sense of accomplishment when I finish.

I've been struggling a bit with motivation for  not eating like a -well I was going to say idiot or ass, but that's an exaggeration- how about like my 30 year old self. My 30 year old self could have eaten that way and not gained weight, but not now. Anyway, I've just wanted to eat more than I should. Not sure why,just struggling since the holidays. I guess the cold weather doesn't help. One of my ways I motivate myself is think of the reasons why. One of my big why's is because when I weigh more, my blood pressure goes up. Which sounds like a great reason why.But the problem with using that as a motivator, is it can become a fear. Then I worry about eating anything off plan, and become too perfectionist about food.  As I was pondering this, I got a newsletter from our farmer who we buy our veggies from. He said that fear of things (weight, sickness etc) isn't a good motivator, but vision is. Having a vision of the things you want to do and be is much more motivating than fear. I want to be someone who has energy to shovel snow, to go on long hikes. I want to enjoy cooking good meals. I want to keep doing those things for many years.

Tonight I probably will eat until I'm stuffed though. We are going out to celebrate our 33rd wedding anniversary, and also that we read through the Bible in a year. We are going to a fancy steak hose, which has some of the best steaks EVER, so I will eat a bunch. But today I will eat semi light, so it is good.

• Like 8

wow.  what a lot of accomplishments all in one post!

congrats!

about the anniversay, I'm near my 20th, so I admire your commitment and devotion.  

I think vision is an Excellent motivator and probably the best.

we are all meant to be inspired by life.  or at least, inspired by certain things in our lives.  I'm not sure anyone is blessed enough to be inspired by everything he/she finds themselves doing.

I also like the quest for energy, though, in hiking terms I find it to be a rather empherel (temporary) idea--

meaning.  Hikes can be a Slog no doubt about it.  sometimes upHills aren't fun and downhills hurt.  the spirit of hiking (I think) is to surfer through it.

and if you ask my why I feel that way,

I would just like to relate to you my last year's insight on hiking.  I did MORE hiking last year that I have in my whole life - even in my childhood (I think).  and what surprised me so much was that mile by mile it really didn't feel that different.   the difference only happened towards the End of things; the absense of a bad burning in my feet at the end of 20/30 /50 miles....

but no where in the Middle did I feel any great difference in hiking.  some middle times I still (mildly) hurt and many times I still got tired.

ofc, hiking late at night probably didn't help me feel less tired either. ;)

----

I hope you get the chance to walk/hike more.  its a great experience.

• Like 1

Don't know how I missed the start of your challenge, but I'm here, and WOW! You've blown my mind with all you managed to do! Way to go E.G.

12 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

Tonight I probably will eat until I'm stuffed though. We are going out to celebrate our 33rd wedding anniversary, and also that we read through the Bible in a year.

Congratulations! On both counts. Great achievement... on both counts :D Hope you had a great evening.

• Like 1

On ‎2‎/‎15‎/‎2019 at 1:28 PM, TGP said:

wow.  what a lot of accomplishments all in one post!

congrats!

about the anniversay, I'm near my 20th, so I admire your commitment and devotion.  

I think vision is an Excellent motivator and probably the best.

we are all meant to be inspired by life.  or at least, inspired by certain things in our lives.  I'm not sure anyone is blessed enough to be inspired by everything he/she finds themselves doing.

I also like the quest for energy, though, in hiking terms I find it to be a rather empherel (temporary) idea--

meaning.  Hikes can be a Slog no doubt about it.  sometimes upHills aren't fun and downhills hurt.  the spirit of hiking (I think) is to surfer through it.

and if you ask my why I feel that way,

I would just like to relate to you my last year's insight on hiking.  I did MORE hiking last year that I have in my whole life - even in my childhood (I think).  and what surprised me so much was that mile by mile it really didn't feel that different.   the difference only happened towards the End of things; the absense of a bad burning in my feet at the end of 20/30 /50 miles....

but no where in the Middle did I feel any great difference in hiking.  some middle times I still (mildly) hurt and many times I still got tired.

ofc, hiking late at night probably didn't help me feel less tired either. ;)

----

I hope you get the chance to walk/hike more.  its a great experience.

ThanksYes ,energy can be rather an intangible idea. I just keep doing things, and sometimes am apt to notice the things I can't do as opposed to the things I can do. It's not until I end up working out, and shoveling snow the same day , and not dying that I stop and think about how much more energy I have.

On ‎2‎/‎15‎/‎2019 at 2:59 PM, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Happy Anniversary!

thanks, we had a lovely evening

On ‎2‎/‎15‎/‎2019 at 4:11 PM, Sloth the Enduring said:

Happy Anniversary! I hope you enjoy a steak at least as large as your head.

Thanks. it was not quite as big as my head, but it was 12 oz, and I ate almost all of it.This place has amazing steak, they are super tender

On ‎2‎/‎16‎/‎2019 at 1:42 AM, elizevdmerwe said:

Don't know how I missed the start of your challenge, but I'm here, and WOW! You've blown my mind with all you managed to do! Way to go E.G.

Congratulations! On both counts. Great achievement... on both counts :D Hope you had a great evening.

Thanks. We had a very lovely evening

• Like 6

15 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

I just keep doing things, and sometimes am apt to notice the things I can't do as opposed to the things I can do.

This. So much this.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, annyshay said:

Happy Anniversary and congrats on being awesome. :)

thanks!

12 hours ago, DaemonCorax said:

This. So much this.

I think a lot of people do this. And then if you have Ranger Brain, and your brain tells you that somehow you should be doing ALL THE THINGS, you really notice all the things you can't do

• Like 1

Week 1

Maintain my weight: Yes, the scale says I have

I've been in a weird mental space, where I track on MFP, or eat the amount I think is right, but then feel snacky, not necessarily hungry, just that I want to eat food. So, I was surprised that the scale hadn't gone up this weekend. But I've been doing a lot of snow shoveling, and no idea how many calories that burns. I 'm up at top of my weight limit, where I usually decided to eat at a deficit for a while. But, we are having way colder weather than normal, and I know if I tried to lose weight now, it would not go well. So, I'm trying to maintain, but sometimes I'm even grumpy with that. I guess I'll just roll with what I'm doing. Trying to watch what I eat, but not being super strict

!2 week goal

Marie Kondo my house- yes organized all the bedroom clothes

Scrapbook- Yes

Plan meal on Friday or Saturday

I forgot on Friday. Saturday we were having game day, and I was super busy, so I did for a few days, but I still need to finish the week.

This weekend was very nice. Last weekend we were snowed in, so this weekend it was nice to have friends over and then go to church on Sunday.  Saturday I realized that there wasn't room for our friends to park. Half our driveway still had snow, and the street parking was covered in snow. So Mr Incredible and I shoveled snow (ice) in the 38 degree rain.That was NOT fun. I came in and ate half the refrigerator, I was so hungry.

Today I skipped my workout and did my ice shoveling, trying to make room for my friends to park on Wednesday when the visit. I cracked our snow shovel, the ice was so heavy. It was from the sow plow, and all packed down. I spent two hours. I did feel bad ass, but  it  made me more certain I do not want to live in a place that snows regularly. I tried to track calories, but then I was too tired to log it in MFP, and I was hungry. I bought those ice gripper you attach to your shoes.I bought them so I could go for a walk even if the sidewalks were icy. I haven't done much walking, but they are nice to wear when I'm shoveling snow and the ground is slick

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Salinger said:

Happy Anniversary EG!!! WOW. 

I hope you enjoy the steak <3 you deserve that a lot xx

Thanks. I loved the steak, it was delicious

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JessFit said:

Shoveling snow burns over 200 calories in 30 minutes! 

I think I saw that figure and was sort of doubtful. The first day when I shoveled snow and it was all light and fluffy, I don't think it burned that much. But, hmm, yesterday's ice shoveling for two hours, that would be 800 calories! Not sure if I burned that much, but I know I ate a bunch yesterday, and this morning when I got up, I was super hungry again.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Starpuck said:

Happy Anniversary! 

Sorry I sent you Midwest weather for your gift, lol! :p

Thanks. I really appreciated your gift for a  bit. Snow is so pretty. But I am done with it now, you can have it back.:friendly_wink:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 2/19/2019 at 6:38 AM, Elastigirl said:

and I know if I tried to lose weight now, it would not go well. So, I'm trying to maintain, but sometimes I'm even grumpy with that. I guess I'll just roll with what I'm doing. Trying to watch what I eat, but not being super strict

That sounds sensible. Also just because of the cold, you'll burn more calories, because you aren't used to quite this cold weather. Well, that is if you are outside which you seem to be shoveling snow and all.

Eish, can't believe a shovel would crack! But it is pretty serious bad-assery from you. So impressed.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, elizevdmerwe said:

That sounds sensible. Also just because of the cold, you'll burn more calories, because you aren't used to quite this cold weather. Well, that is if you are outside which you seem to be shoveling snow and all.

Eish, can't believe a shovel would crack! But it is pretty serious bad-assery from you. So impressed.

The snow shovel is plastic. And the snow was super heavy, and ice, which is why it cracked. Thanks, I felt like a  bad ass, as well as helpful. Otherwise my husband would have had to do it all. Saturday it was rain/almost snow when I was shoveling, and I was sweaty and warm, but also cold at the same time. Bleck. Not a fan of the almost as cold as snow rain

• Like 1

Bit late but happy anniversary EG :)

Oh and uhhh, bring on the kettlebelling \o/ 

Did you pick a program? Can I make suggestions? Will you challenge me to anything? #soexcited ;)

9 hours ago, Moros said:

Happy Anniversary!  Sorry to hear about the shovel...

b7496130-a36d-0133-a041-0e7c926a42af.jpg

3 hours ago, KB Girl said:

Bit late but happy anniversary EG :)

Oh and uhhh, bring on the kettlebelling \o/ 

Did you pick a program? Can I make suggestions? Will you challenge me to anything? #soexcited ;)

Thanks. Can't forget about doing kettlebells , they are too fun. I did the Nerdfitness circuit today, but I haven't really picked a program. I' d love suggestions! Hmmm, what could I challenge you to  that wouldn't kill me?  

• Like 1

My friends came over for our meeting today, which was great. It's been two week due to snow. Then my friend and I went for a walk. There is still some snow/ice on the sidewalk. But we could sort of navigate around the slick spots. I enjoyed walking and chatting with my friend.

Started out my workout with bear crawls, changing tempo per @Suzaqu suggestion. Then I did the NerdFitness Kettlebell circuit. I have to admit, when I looked at the workout, I thought it looked pretty easy, but doing the complete circuit with no breaks was tough. I did take a one minute break between circuits.

3 rounds- numbers are the weight of the kettlebells

8 halos 15/20/20

goblet 15/20/25/

8 presses 15/20-15/ 15  _ I worked on doing these slow in the negative movement instead of just letting the ball fall

15 swings- 25

8 rows per side- 20

6 lunges per side 15 

In my   naivety I had planned to do some Farmer Carries at the end. That did not happen. When I finished the circuits, I was done.

Yesterday

Anytime I do much hip stretching, my hips end up hurting. I've decided to do some good basic core and hip exercises a couple of times a week and see if strengthening my hips helps .

4 rounds of

bird dog

fire hydrant

clam shells

donkey kicks

Then 3 rounds of

dead bug

20 seconds side plank

A long time ago I did these core exercises, but now that I am more aware of what proper form feels like they are much harder! I tried not to let my hips sag in the plank, and  with the dead bug, I tried to keep my shoulderson the ground, and my core activated

• Like 7