• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Elastigirl

Incredible Journey of Elastigirl

On ‎3‎/‎3‎/‎2019 at 10:28 PM, elizevdmerwe said:

I'm glad things worked out so well for your mil. Also glad that you were able to cope and it's great that you realised you just have to have to do good enough on the goals, choosing the middle path, and none of the extremes (all out, or stick tenaciously to every single goal) in such a chaotic, crisis time.

*hugs*

Thanks!

On ‎3‎/‎4‎/‎2019 at 5:42 PM, Xena said:

Glad to hear your MIL is recovering well.

I really liked reading your post where you reflected on the experience, including the value of habits. That was some good insight.

Thanks. Writing it all out helped me to process it too. I'm glad you liked it.

On ‎3‎/‎4‎/‎2019 at 6:54 PM, Suzaqu said:

I'm glad to hear your MIL is doing well! That's awesome that your habits kept you on track during a crazy time.

Thanks

On ‎3‎/‎4‎/‎2019 at 6:41 PM, Cheetah said:

Glad your week got a little more solid.  :-)

Last time I purged tshirts I filled a paper shopping bag and still had a drawer full of shirts when I was done.

Thanks.  I filled several bags with clothes, but my drawers are still full. :friendly_wink:

• Like 2

Yesterday I did a complex from my Lauren Brooks KB book. It seemed pretty easy, so after I did some TGU's and swings. I went on a walk too. Monday is supposed to be the day I really crank on my organizing. This week's goal is to go through the file cabinet.  I was really struggling yesterday (and today) with getting stuff done. I was super tired, which is pretty much my normal reaction to stress.   I did a bit of work in the office and then took a nap I will work on the office more this week. I tracked on MFP, and went about 250 calories under as I wasn't hungry.

Today I did hips and core work. Then took a walk with my weighted vest.  Tracked on MFP. I have not done the office declutter yet today. I'll do a bit after I post

• Like 6

Tiredness normally hit after a stressful situation and is very draining. Remember that you can relax a little bit, because it was a very trying time. And in the same breath, you are still working out! You're amazing.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, elizevdmerwe said:

Tiredness normally hit after a stressful situation and is very draining. Remember that you can relax a little bit, because it was a very trying time. And in the same breath, you are still working out! You're amazing.

I was still struggling today. It didn't help that it was sleeting outside. I decided to take a nap and forget about my to do list.:smile-new: Thanks. I love working out. It's the other real life stuff I am struggling with. I did wash the sheets, so family staying at our house over the weekend can have clean sheets, so that's a win!

• Like 2

Had friends over for our prayer time today. That was nice.  We were going to go for a walk, but my friend bailed when it started to sleet ( no judgement- it was nasty) I decided to brave the elements and went for a 15 minute short walk. Did the NF KB circuit today. Upped the weights for some of the moves and it felt good. Then I did some rowing on our rower. Weather was nasty, and that didn't help my lack of energy. I'm fine for workouts, but just doing the normal stuff, like laundry, I just feel like it's climbing mountains. Yesterday, I did some work on de-cluttering, but today I decided to give myself a break and took a nap instead. Tonight we are going to visit my mother in law and then do some grocery shopping.

Stopped myself before I went too far down a negative rabbit hole. I started tracking on MFP again . On Monday I went under my calories, easily, so I decided that I should do that the rest of the week. Yesterday I just hit my calories, and today I should about hit it. So, my brain tells me I'm failing, because I was going to start losing weight this week. Never mind that I had decided to wait until the weather was better (and today was really blah weather) and that I was dealing with the family stress. I had some moments of being really down on myself. But, then I remembered why I was waiting, and thought of all the reasons why now is NOT the time to worry about it, and took a deep breath The moment happened as I was putting veggies in our fridge, and I realized how many veggies we eat. And I remembered how many good habits I have. Deep breath. Now is not the time to make big changes, just rest in my good habits.

• Like 8

5 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

The moment happened as I was putting veggies in our fridge, and I realized how many veggies we eat. And I remembered how many good habits I have. Deep breath. Now is not the time to make big changes, just rest in my good habits.

Great win!

You love your exercise and are able to go on with that when you are stressed. I tend to totally let go of workouts and start doing more stuff around the house :D We all have our "escape" preferences. As long as yours help and are working. You are doing great.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, elizevdmerwe said:

Great win!

You love your exercise and are able to go on with that when you are stressed. I tend to totally let go of workouts and start doing more stuff around the house :D We all have our "escape" preferences. As long as yours help and are working. You are doing great.

Thanks. Good point. I know people who when they are stressed , go on a big cleaning kick. That always makes me jealous, since when I'm stressed I just want to do nothing.  The wanting to work out is a recent thing I the last years. It's good that I at least want to do something. Today I felt much more motivated.

20 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

That's a great headspace win!

Thanks

• Like 3

On ‎3‎/‎8‎/‎2019 at 2:17 AM, KB Girl said:

Stopping yourself from going through the rabbit hole is awesome! 

Just rest in your good habits indeed :*

Thanks!

I was re-reading my book " Fat Loss Happens on Monday"  for diet reminders (good practical ideas on eating) and I remembered it has tons of very cool Kettlebell workouts. I did one today. The idea is to do the complex as many times as you can in 20 minutes, just taking breaks as needed. I loved it. The  set up is that you need to be do a minimum of 5 sets, a max of 9. If you can do less than 5, next time use less weight, more than 9 more weight. Which is a great plan . I love it. Only problem was, that somehow in doing the circuit, I forgot this plan. Halfway through the circuits, I decided to up the weight. And then I forgot to count how many I did:redface-new: Next time though, I will follow the plan. Anyway, it is a great book, I love the practical diet advice, and it has several kb workouts.

Today's circuit:

25 one handed swings

5 rows each side(was supposed to be renegade, but I don't really know how to do them well enough to do circuit style)

50 ft, walking lunges

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Elastigirl said:

And then I forgot to count how many I did:redface-new:

I keep doing this. Or I forget I need to stop at a certain number (cause I have several sets to do) and do more at once.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Echoceanic said:

I keep doing this. Or I forget I need to stop at a certain number (cause I have several sets to do) and do more at once.

Yep. I've done that too:smile-new:

• Like 1

Well this was one of those challenges where life went sideways. My mother in law was hospitalized with a heart attack and stroke, and some of my goals went to the back burner. I did learn some important things. One, I have some good solid habits in place that I can fall back on and do on automatic pilot mode, which is really nice. Two, I was able to continue with some of the goals, just not to the level I wanted.Which is something I'm proud of. Instead of having it be it has to be perfect, or it just won't happen, being able to just do what I could was nice. Third, ok it seems like their should be three things to make a good paragraph, but I've got nothing else, hmm, I learned that a warm mug of tea is a good thing.:friendly_wink:

Goal 1:

Maintain my weight ;track some of the time on MFP;

DId pretty good on this. The week my mother in law was in the hospital I dropped it, then I semi got back to it, and now I'm doing good at eating like a sensible middle aged adult. Scale stayed about the same, but I feel like I look fluffier. I'm going to use a tape measure and track next challenge. That will just give me facts, vs. how I feel I look.

Goal 2:Keep up with my 12 week goals

This is what really took a hit. But, I did keep moving forward. So even if it was slower than I planned, I'm happy with my progress

Goal 3 Meal plan on Friday

Ooof. This one nosedived. I think I did it once. I normally meal plan. I just used do it on Monday, but I wanted that time to focus on my Marie Kondo declutter. But I kept forgettingFriday. Food happened. These last couple weeks we've eaten out a bit more, but really not bad considering how hectic life has been. I'm not sure if this didn't work because Friday isn't a good day to do my planning, or just that our life has been so not routine. I'm still deciding if I  should try again next challenge. Right now I haven't planned for this week, and it's not likely to happen. Sunday is my relaxing day, so I am not inspired. Saturday seems to be busy doing other stuff. And I always just forget Friday.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Elastigirl said:

And I always just forget Friday.

Somehow that's funny. It sounds like it should be a meme of some kind.

You'll figure that one out. I have full confidence :-)

Like Manic Monday

• Like 3

Yeah you did great! It's such a great example of how solid positive habits can help you through stressful times.

17 hours ago, KB Girl said:

You did great and should be very proud! 

On ‎3‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 6:34 PM, Xena said:

Somehow that's funny. It sounds like it should be a meme of some kind.

You'll figure that one out. I have full confidence :-)

Like Manic Monday

:biggrin-new: How could one forget Friday? If you forget Friday does that mean that Saturday doesn't happen, or just that yo go straight from Thursday to  it's the weekend?!

15 hours ago, Echoceanic said:

You did amazingly to be fair. 

Thanks

14 hours ago, Mad Hatter said:

Yeah you did great! It's such a great example of how solid positive habits can help you through stressful times.

Thanks

17 hours ago, KB Girl said:

You did great and should be very proud! 

Thanks

• Like 1

Writing zero week stuff here

For now I'm back to meal planning on Monday. That's the way I've made it a habit. Which means I need to figure out a new day to ultra focus on my Marie Kondo. Most likely Friday for that. Today I spent about 30 minutes on the office. It is super hard. Trying to decide what to keep and what to throw is sort of brain numbing.

I used the tape measurement to measure today. I measured belly, waist, and hips. I have gained several inches in my belly and a couple in my waist. Which is why I don't like the way I look in clothes right now.  I am only about 2 pounds over my maintenance weight.  I have a 5 pound  maintenance weight, and once I hit the top, is when I decide to lose. Only I've been focusing on maintaining because of the cold weather. But I think I've actually been gaining inches, even if the weight has stayed the same. I decided to drop my maintenance calories by about 50 cal. I also plan on lowering my carbs under 100. I met the calorie goal today but not the carb goal. I was at about 142, with  a fiber count of 27, so not high carb, just not my goal. I have gained muscle. The kettlebell work is easier than last time I did it.  Pull ups are mega hard though. Once I hit above 120, they become super high.

Below is my training log from today

KB deadlift  5 X5 1st set was 20# and 25#, that was too easy bumped it too 25# ad 30#, next time I could try 30 and 35

Push ups 5 x  5 – mixed some full, some half some knee, worked on bracing abs

2 minute rest

Walking lunge  5  x 50 ft. Worked on form RPE 8

Rest then

Chin ups, 5 x4 super struggle,  did a few full, then some ½  , some ¼ some hangs.

Swings single hand 30 secs on 30sec off first set 20#, then upped to 25#, I think I should up to 30#

Bear crawl

Hamstring stretch

• Like 4