• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Butternut

Butternut becomes a hybrid

I’m a 30 yr old mother, wife, and district manager. I love music, jokes, and stupid humor

My goal

Keep up with my Sugar streak

I’m 14 days without it and I’m happily not looking back. 

Go to Ju Jitsu once a week

Monday’s. 

Avoid Wheat but enjoy it when you do have it

Your joints will thank you

Wim Hof once a day

Breath

Cold therapy

Random goal

Decide on what gym to go to..

there’s a new cross fit gym that opened up that I’d like to check out

Or go to the place I’m used to.

I do have a question.. At a Cross fit gym do you have to do the workouts they plan out for you? Can you use the gym for your own workouts? 

Anyways! 

Now I’m just getting over the flu and I’m hoping by the 11th I’ll be pumped and ready to go! 

• Like 5

giphy.gif 

I'm here for the awesome, congrats on that sugar streak!

I don't know much about crossfit gyms, but I don't think they would mind if you just gave them a call and ask them?  

• Like 3

I'll be sticking around too ;)

What's Wim Hof if you don't mind me asking?

I think every box is different but some amall ones around here are pretty much adamant on you doing the wod.

Asking never hurts anyway and I think those guys are just stubborn about the supervising.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Dalish said:

giphy.gif 

I'm here for the awesome, congrats on that sugar streak!

I don't know much about crossfit gyms, but I don't think they would mind if you just gave them a call and ask them?  

Ah! Thank you! Puns are my favorite! Sharing stupidness is always welcomed!

15 hours ago, Casbin said:

I'll be sticking around too ;)

I don’t mind at all! Actually @Wolfen suggested to me and when I looked into it I drop my challenge and just focused on that!

It’s a breathing method cold therapy that improves your nervous system and mood

If you don’t know who Wim

Hof is and you have 40 minutes, This documentary  explains it pretty well.

I’ve gain some mental strength and there’s something about facing the cold... it makes me having to face hardships at work so much easier. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Butternut said:

@Wolfen suggested to me

Pleasure to be of service.

16 hours ago, Casbin said:

The video posted above is a great start, and you can find everything you need to know about Wim's program at his website here.

• Like 1

Oh wow.

I checked both the documentary and the webside and it went right onto my "to be explored" List.

Right here and now I'm too scared to give it a try -.- but I actually am absolutely sure that it will work for you (and would for me too).

I'm probably going to back back to this around summertime when the idea of even more coldness isn't so strongly repulsive.

• Like 2

On 2/8/2019 at 3:05 PM, Casbin said:

Oh wow.

I checked both the documentary and the webside and it went right onto my "to be explored" List.

Right here and now I'm too scared to give it a try -.- but I actually am absolutely sure that it will work for you (and would for me too).

I'm probably going to back back to this around summertime when the idea of even more coldness isn't so strongly repulsive.

Nice.

i absolutely love it.

got my breathing and cold therapy this morning

i didn’t go to Ju jitsu, i still have a cough. And my hubby and I decided we were going to take this month off from the gym. So I’m gonna do the stuff at home once a week.  Which I did last night! Woot!

still no sugar! Day 23! Debo Jones Junk night is coming and I did say that was the time I’d allow sugar. I almost don’t want to but I think I’m going to. It’ll be good for my psyche

No wheat yesterday. I avoided all grain! I’m hoping to do it again today. 

Day 2 of the challenge- votes woot!

• Like 1

So I'm on a mission this challenge..  A mission to give "Happiness" a try.  

I have let anger, jealousy, uncertainity rule my life since I was a little butternut.  Now it not the time.  I have a good job, great kiddos, and a husband that loves me.  10 year ago Butternut would look at me and be happy that I am where I am.  There fore I know my anger, etc. is habits, it's a habit to go back to what i know, uncertainty and fear.  This will be a battle, but I'm willing to face it and let it pass.

I must do things I enjoy.  My 8 year old asked me the other day why I was feeling blue and I told her I just didn't feel like myself, and she asked "Well what makes you feel like you?" and I answered, weight lifting, and she asked, in her simple world "Well why don't you start weight lifting." 

When I get my paycheck I'm going to go get a membership.  To win this battle of love, I must do things I love doing.  

Sleep, weight lifting, and having fun. 

• Like 3

I did Crossfit for awhile and I loved it so much. They like you to stick to the WOD (workout of the day). The class tracks progress on the board as a whole. After the class if the instructor is ok with hanging around, we would continue to work on our own stuff and use the gym as 'freeform' hours.  We had two amputees in our class, so those guys would just do half the WOD in their own modified way and continue after with their specified activities. (boy were those guys MOTIVATING and INSPIRING!) I could never complain or whine about my routine around them and they made me push harder. 

I hope you love it. It is great comrade and great group for encouragement.  

I plan to go back when my schedule allows. 

I too just got over the flu and I am cutting sugar.  I'm a few weeks into keto and intermittent fasting. long way to go still, but hanging on. 

Good luck sugarbuster!! :)

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Butternut said:

To win this battle of love, I must do things I love doing.

This is why you just have to love kids, straight on to the core with simple solutions.

A journey of happiness is a great plan, this will be an inspiration to read about!

• Like 2

I must do things I enjoy.  My 8 year old asked me the other day why I was feeling blue and I told her I just didn't feel like myself, and she asked "Well what makes you feel like you?" and I answered, weight lifting, and she asked, in her simple world "Well why don't you start weight lifting."  

When I get my paycheck I'm going to go get a membership.  To win this battle of love, I must do things I love doing.  

Out of the mouth of babes. Good luck  finding a gym you like. I think this is a great plan, so go for it. I know you can do it and I am sure you will win this battle.

• Like 1

On 2/12/2019 at 9:33 PM, "BOT" - BackOnTrack said:

I did Crossfit for awhile and I loved it so much. They like you to stick to the WOD (workout of the day). The class tracks progress on the board as a whole. After the class if the instructor is ok with hanging around, we would continue to work on our own stuff and use the gym as 'freeform' hours.  We had two amputees in our class, so those guys would just do half the WOD in their own modified way and continue after with their specified activities. (boy were those guys MOTIVATING and INSPIRING!) I could never complain or whine about my routine around them and they made me push harder. 

I hope you love it. It is great comrade and great group for encouragement.  

I plan to go back when my schedule allows. 

I too just got over the flu and I am cutting sugar.  I'm a few weeks into keto and intermittent fasting. long way to go still, but hanging on. 

Good luck sugarbuster!! :)

Sugarbuster... I like it!! 

Today i I enjoy a homemade scone with dried fruit and a bowl of cereal. 

After Saturday I’m going to go fully back on it and I’m going to go a little more hard core.

for example I’ll have a juice with fizzy water or I’ll eat dates, but I’ve noticed when I do have that, the next day I crave sugar than I’m using all my will power to say no which takes away from my will power to workout, stay positive, etc., I’m excited!

On 2/13/2019 at 7:00 AM, Casbin said:

This is why you just have to love kids, straight on to the core with simple solutions.

A journey of happiness is a great plan, this will be an inspiration to read about!

Thanks man! My purpose is to be a good mom and wife, but to do that I must do what I love. 

On 2/13/2019 at 7:41 AM, Bean Sidhe said:

Out of the mouth of babes. Good luck  finding a gym you like. I think this is a great plan, so go for it. I know you can do it and I am sure you will win this battle.

I think it’s a good plan too. This battle is weird, I told my husband I feel like the dog that finally caught the car, I’m not sure what to do with it!

my whole life I’ve wanted a loving home, good job, and healthy self. I have all of that! (Could always be healthier but you know what I mean)

Anyways, I finally have it and I don’t know what to do next.... 

After today though, through mediation, journaling, and talking to my hub, I’ve realized I need to feel purpose and I want to have the purpose of being a mom. I’ve lost wanting to be a good mom, I’ve just been living and not having my intention on being a good mom. 

Being a good mom is hard for your psyche. It takes patience and sacrifice. This is enough grit to get me focused and moving.

anyways my day off has been great! I’m ready to face my day tomorrow and enjoy life.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Butternut said:

my whole life I’ve wanted a loving home, good job, and healthy self. I have all of that! (Could always be healthier but you know what I mean)

After today though, through mediation, journaling, and talking to my hub, I’ve realized I need to feel purpose and I want to have the purpose of being a mom. I’ve lost wanting to be a good mom, I’ve just been living and not having my intention on being a good mom.  

Being a good mom is hard for your psyche. It takes patience and sacrifice. This is enough grit to get me focused and moving.

anyways my day off has been great! I’m ready to face my day tomorrow and enjoy life.

This. so often we are taught to want "more" I want to be richer, thinner, more successful. But I think your right. You have what you want, but now you are looking for what next. I think you found it. It is time to enjoy what you have and work on it. Being a mom is a hard job, but I know you can do this. I am glad you had a great day off

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Jay, I made it!

Only 2 Quotes rather then 10 small ones xD

19 hours ago, Butternut said:

I really like how supportive your husband seems to be and how open you can bounce thoughts back and forth with him. In my opinion that's a treasure which can not be found as easily, freely talking about how you want to give form to the life you want create for yourself. The openmindedness (is that a word? it should be...) is cool and so much more then the usual hiding yourself in fear of giving the partner a feeling of "this is not enough for me"...

"I've lost wanting to be a good mom..." said the woman I remember to talk about climbing robes with her kids in the backyard and thinking up games to play on the way home.

Wow, NOW I'm really courious what you are going to make out of this, leave alone all the good things you'll take from it.

Also smiling from ear to ear bc grit and the great intonation you are bringing along with it ;)

19 hours ago, Butternut said:

for example I’ll have a juice with fizzy water or I’ll eat dates, but I’ve noticed when I do have that, the next day I crave sugar than I’m using all my will power to say no which takes away from my will power to workout, stay positive, etc., I’m excited!

This sounds a lot like Keto to me, are you going for an intuitive approach to it all or are you working towards a concrete idea?

Hope you are well and the week keeps going strongly

Casbin

• Like 1

I felt like this every so often, and while can't speak about being a parent two things come to my mind:
A book from Randy Paush where he describes the assignment he gives to his students thinking it will take them a whole semester and they did it in one week. He says: good job, now I trust you to do better!
And also Shonda Rhimes year of yes video
I trust you will find what to do next when time will come :)

Sent from my FIG-LX1 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

On 2/15/2019 at 4:50 PM, Casbin said:

really like how supportive your husband seems to be and how open you can bounce thoughts back and forth with him. In my opinion that's a treasure which can not be found as easily, freely talking about how you want to give form to the life you want create for yourself. The openmindedness (is that a word? it should be...) is cool and so much more then the usual hiding yourself in fear of giving the partner a feeling of "this is not enough for me"...

"I've lost wanting to be a good mom..." said the woman I remember to talk about climbing robes with her kids in the backyard and thinking up games to play on the way home.

Wow, NOW I'm really courious what you are going to make out of this, leave alone all the good things you'll take from it.

Also smiling from ear to ear bc grit and the great intonation you are bringing along with it

Dude, Caspin, thank you. 

I have a treasure and great kiddo's, why must I get in a trance that makes these things lost in the fog?  

Smiling from ear to ear...  I think I want to turn this into a goal. 

Again Caspin, thank you for your words. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Butternut said:

Do you ever have that fear that, if you do start enjoying it, it'll go away? 

Yes.  Complacency in general is a huge fear.  I moved in with my Dad three years ago after a life of forced-nomadic tendencies.  I don't pay rent, I don't pay bills, I'm not under any pressure to find a job or contribute more than I already do.  And yet it's taken me three years to start putting down roots and accumulating "stuff".  Until this point I struggled with buying more clothes than I could fit in a suitcase.  Cause I was waiting for the other foot to drop.

Fact of the matter is, I wasted three years on unfounded anxieties instead of accepting that my world was doing pretty great.  Are there things to improve?  Absolutely, there are always things to improve.  But if you let that impact your ability to enjoy the now, then what is the end goal of the improvement in the first place?

Jaiden Animations has a great video on stuff similar to this that I think is quite applicable.

• Like 1

Yes.  Complacency in general is a huge fear.  I moved in with my Dad three years ago after a life of forced-nomadic tendencies.  I don't pay rent, I don't pay bills, I'm not under any pressure to find a job or contribute more than I already do.  And yet it's taken me three years to start putting down roots and accumulating "stuff".  Until this point I struggled with buying more clothes than I could fit in a suitcase.  Cause I was waiting for the other foot to drop.

Fact of the matter is, I wasted three years on unfounded anxieties instead of accepting that my world was doing pretty great.  Are there things to improve?  Absolutely, there are always things to improve.  But if you let that impact your ability to enjoy the now, then what is the end goal of the improvement in the first place?

Jaiden Animations has a great video on stuff similar to this that I think is quite applicable.

Dalish, thanks for this! I have moved so often lately, that I understand well the 'I want x, but I won't buy it because it won't fit my suitcase' mentality. I never realised how is it blocking me until now!

Sent from my FIG-LX1 using Tapatalk

• Like 2