Grandkai Get's into Habit

Grandkai_NL

Goals:

Fitness: Workout 3x a week using the Startbodyweight Routine

Health: Drink 2 liters of water everyday & 1 apple and ~100 grams of strawberries every day. 
Hobby: 100% Rayman Origins & start with 100% Darksiders Warmastered.
Social: update atleast every 2-3 days here on the forums and comment on 1-2 other challenges.
Skill: Practice Juggling & German language

So last challenge i made a decent start with getting back into shape. Above are a few stuff i want to do during this challenge. Lets explain a bit more about the goals:

Fitness: at the end of the last challenge i started again with SBR (StartBodyweight Routine) and i want to continue it in this one. Get that difficulty in again.

Health: I want to drink more water, most days i barely drank any fluids or it was some soda/energy drinks. I want to eat more fruit, so an apple during work and the strawberries with breakfast or as a snack.
Hobby: Started last month with Rayman Origins and got far but didnt have a moment specific to play it. I'm gonna play it on 1 day for a few hours at a time where i know i have time and wont be distracted. After Rayman is done i'm gonna start with Darksiders Warmastered.
Social: Last challenge i didnt update a lot and i think this also made it hard to keep track of my goals. And because i didnt focus on my own i didnt comment/support others with their goals. So  this time id'm gonna update my own a bit more and support other more.
Skill: havent practiced a skill in a long time. I have a few juggling balls and i want to practice juggling again because its fun and kewl to do. German language is one that i'm on/off constantly, but i want to get good with it because my brother lives in Germany and if i come to him i want to be able to speak with his german friends/colleagues and not having him to translate. My father has a whole college book on how to practice German and hopefully i can borrow this from him. 

Oke, those are my goals and i'm gonna do "more" my best to do all of it.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Grandkai_NL said:

Fitness: Workout 3x a week using the Startbodyweight Routine

Health: Drink 2 liters of water everyday & 1 apple and ~100 grams of strawberries every day. 
Hobby: 100% Rayman Origins & start with 100% Darksiders Warmastered.
Social: update atleast every 2-3 days here on the forums and comment on 1-2 other challenges.
Skill: Practice Juggling & German language

Viel Glück und viel Spaß!!

• Like 1

The impediment to action advances action. What stands in the way becomes the way.

Instagram food log

Week 0, Day 4

Wrote the challenge and here's the first update:
Had a nice day at work, im following a new course right now for a new machine at work. Changed the machine almost by myself which feels pretty awesome considering this is day 4 of the course. Got back home after work and cleaned up using the Pomodoro Technique and had some fun streaming Gravity Rush 2 on Twitch, had a few Dutch people join chat that joined me when i was just streaming. Havent seen their names for a long while so was fun to chat a bit with them.

Fitness: + - -/- - - -/- - - - / - - - - / - - - -

Health (water): + + + + - - - / - - - - - - - / - - - - - - - / - - - - - - - / - - - - - - - 

Health (fruit): + + + + - - - / - - - - - - - / - - - - - - - / - - - - - - - / - - - - - - - 

Hobby: 90% - 0%
Skill German: - - - + - - - / - - - - - - - / - - - - - - - / - - - - - - - / - - - - - - - 
Skill Juggling: - - - + - - - / - - - - - - - / - - - - - - - / - - - - - - - / - - - - - - - 

Above a tracking system to see how good of a job i'm doing.

ps4-gravity-rush-2-review.jpg
^ Gravity Rush 2, if you have a PS4 i recommend the games.

Oh for learning German you could try using Duolingo. I'm considering picking it up again too, my mom's fluent and I can understand most things but speaking is a pain.. 

Do you live close to the German border? 

• Like 1

Main Quest: becoming a decent kettlebell lifter and a great coach

Current challenge: It's all future KB Girl's problem

my instagram - my gym's instagram

4 hours ago, KB Girl said:

Oh for learning German you could try using Duolingo. I'm considering picking it up again too, my mom's fluent and I can understand most things but speaking is a pain.. 

Do you live close to the German border? 

I used Duolingo for a long time but its German to English, not German to Dutch. Not that my English is bad that i have trouble quickly changing it to Dutch but i think if it was to Dutch everything would go a bit better. And i think with the college book i could learn faster & more efficient.
I live an hour away from the border & it takes me roughly 3 hours to get to Winterberg were my brother lives. So its pretty easy to go to Germany but i have no car so if i want to go there i'll have to rent one.  

• Like 1

He lives in winterberg? that is so cool. Do you often go skiing there? 

I hadnt thought about the German/English thing because I'm fluent enough in English that I don't have to translate it to dutch first in my head.. so yea it does sound like a book would work better then. 

Main Quest: becoming a decent kettlebell lifter and a great coach

Current challenge: It's all future KB Girl's problem

my instagram - my gym's instagram

On 2/8/2019 at 4:40 AM, Grandkai_NL said:

I live an hour away from the border & it takes me roughly 3 hours to get to Winterberg were my brother lives. So its pretty easy to go to Germany but i have no car so if i want to go there i'll have to rent one.   

The train is not an option?

The impediment to action advances action. What stands in the way becomes the way.

Instagram food log

On 2/10/2019 at 12:37 AM, KB Girl said:

He lives in winterberg? that is so cool. Do you often go skiing there? 

I hadnt thought about the German/English thing because I'm fluent enough in English that I don't have to translate it to dutch first in my head.. so yea it does sound like a book would work better then. 

Maybe once a year i go snowboarding there. You can get down from the top pretty fast, so a day or so is enough for me there. If i go to Winterberg its more to see my brother.

On 2/10/2019 at 5:34 PM, Akura said:

The train is not an option?

I...never thought about the train. Dont know how much longer the travel time is. They also have the option of a bus but i want to be able to go there and leave when i want and not be dependent of a bus/train.

Week 1, Day 1
So here we go we start with the new 4-week challenge. Made a decent start, the night before i went to bed on time and read about 25 pages in Wolf & Parchment, its getting pretty intense right now and i already have a book ready to read after this one. I need to hurry a little bit because i also have set a reading challenge to myself to read 24 books this year. It should be do-able since i already read a book in the morning and a different kind in the evening, but anyway:

Had a decent & fast workday and when i got home i got my workout in. Did some supersets to get a nice flow and pace through the workout. After that i did some cleaning and juggling, forgot about German practice but i can do that a bit before i read in bed. 
Spend the rest of the day mostly relaxing, wanted to play some games but wasnt feeling it.

Fitness: + - -/+ - - /- - -  / - - -  / - - - 

Health (water): + + + + - - - / + - - - - - - / - - - - - - - / - - - - - - - / - - - - - - - 

Health (fruit): + + + + - - - / + - - - - - - / - - - - - - - / - - - - - - - / - - - - - - - 

Skill German: - - - + - - - / + - - - - - - / - - - - - - - / - - - - - - - / - - - - - - - 
Skill Juggling: - - - + - - - / + - - - - - - / - - - - - - - / - - - - - - - / - - - - - - - 

• Like 2

Ugh i had a rough week, a lot of overtime and tiredness after it. Well lets update something

Week 1, the rest of the week

I had a lot of overtime this week so most days i got home at 4-5pm and i was really tired when i got back. Did get a second workout in on Friday so i got 2 out of 3 days in, but the weather is also getting better so perhaps i'll add running on Saturday or Sunday....have to wait and see.
Drank enough water every day. Felt really good despite having to go to the bathroom a lot :) Fruit went so-so...did bring a apple everyday to work but i bought strawberries and, even tough they were supposed to be good for another 3-5 days, they felt a bit hard & werent as juicy as normal. So i went with a apple in the morning aswell.
Spent a little bit of time to play the 100% games, not a lot. Got a annoying achievement gone tho, riding 130 miles on a horse. I just went to a open space and stuck my controller stick in a way that i just kept running circles and i left and got groceries, when i got back it was done :D 
German practice & Juggling didnt go well....gonna focus more on it upcoming week.

Fitness: + - -/+ - + /- - -  / - - -  / - - - 

Health (water): + + + + - - - / + + + + + + + / - - - - - - - / - - - - - - - / - - - - - - - 

Health (fruit): + + + + - - - / + + + + + + + / - - - - - - - / - - - - - - - / - - - - - - - 

Skill German: - - - + - - - / + + - + - - + / - - - - - - - / - - - - - - - / - - - - - - - 
Skill Juggling: - - - + - - - / + + - + - - + / - - - - - - - / - - - - - - - / - - - - - - - 

Stuff i want to do better next week:

- Immediatly workout when i get home, instead of eating a bit first and then working out.

- When i'm done with my workout and showered immediatly start with cleaning & skill practice

- Spend 30-45 minutes on achievements before i continue with my main stream game

• Like 1
On 2/11/2019 at 9:33 PM, Akura said:

Nice! Do you already have some in mind? Or do you decide the next once you finished one?

I can borrow the Department Q series from Jussi Adler-Olsen from my parents so i'm reading that in the morning (should keep me busy till August/September) and i just started reading "I’ve Been Killing Slimes for 300 Years and Maxed Out My Level" light novel series for in the evening (should keep me busy till May). 
If you have suggestions let me know. I like to read fantasy, comedy, romance type of books in the evening and in the morning pretty much anything.

On 2/17/2019 at 3:35 AM, Grandkai_NL said:

Spent a little bit of time to play the 100% games, not a lot. Got a annoying achievement gone tho, riding 130 miles on a horse. I just went to a open space and stuck my controller stick in a way that i just kept running circles and i left and got groceries, when i got back it was done :D 

Hahahaha, nice. Work smarter, not harder. Sorry the week was so busy, here's to a calmer couple of days. 

Manarelle the Level 55 Amazon Assassin

Gryffindarling and Sith Acolyte, somehow.

Challenges: 1-1011-2021-3031-4041-50, 51-60, Current

Week 2, Day 1
Starting the new week good, got back from work and immediately my workout. Got some nice reps in and can now progress to a new level with some exercises. Took a quick shower, grabbed a bite to eat and started cleaning & skill practice. Got a few levels in Duolingo and a bit of practice in Juggling with 2 balls. 
And finished one Electoon Medallion in Rayman Origins. 

So great start of week 2 and now i just need to keep that flow going.

Fitness: + - -/+ - + / + - -  / - - -  / - - - 

Health (water): + + + + - - - / + + + + + + + / + - - - - - - / - - - - - - - / - - - - - - - 

Health (fruit): + + + + - - - / + + + + + + + / + - - - - - - / - - - - - - - / - - - - - - - 

Skill German: - - - + - - - / + + - + - - + / + - - - - - - / - - - - - - - / - - - - - - - 
Skill Juggling: - - - + - - - / + + - + - - + / + - - - - - - / - - - - - - - / - - - - - - - 

• Like 2

Week 2, Day 2
Yesterday after i posted the update i played games for an hour or so and ate something and then i got pretty tired. Went to bed on time and read a bit before i went sleeping but in the middle of the night i woke up with my iPad next to me and open. So apparently i fell asleep with my iPad and woke up later in the night. It was weird cause i cant remember it....anyway!

Today was a decent day, no workout today so chilled a bit with some Call of Duty Blackout before my Pomodoro & Skill hour. Duolingo is going good, i'm just doing a subject and getting it to level 4 and then continue to the next one. Jugglin went good aswell, got a decent amount of consecutive throws/catches with 2 balls.

Fitness: + - -/+ - + / + - -  / - - -  / - - - 

Health (water): + + + + - - - / + + + + + + + / + + - - - - - / - - - - - - - / - - - - - - - 

Health (fruit): + + + + - - - / + + + + + + + / + + - - - - - / - - - - - - - / - - - - - - - 

Skill German: - - - + - - - / + + - + - - + / + + - - - - - / - - - - - - - / - - - - - - - 
Skill Juggling: - - - + - - - / + + - + - - + / + + - - - - - / - - - - - - - / - - - - - - - 

• Like 1

Week 2, Day 3 till Day 6
I had a great week. Learned a lot of new stuff at work and killed it with my workouts. Haven't skipped a workout day yet, i was close to skipping on Friday but decided to do it anyway and had a great fun workout. And i believe i have a 6 day Duolingo streak right now :o :D  Juggling is going good, think i'm almost ready to throw 3 balls. 
It feels pretty good having such a streak and i hope i keep this going. 

Yesterday i was streaming Anthem and during that stream a buddy of mine came along and subbed to my channel and he is my FIRST SUB on my channel and that feels pretty kewl to have someone subbed to you. And currently working on getting CC & have it Translate so i can stream in Dutch but have English subtitles.

Fitness: + - -/+ - + / + + +  / - - -  / - - - 

Health (water): + + + + - - - / + + + + + + + / + + + + + + - / - - - - - - - / - - - - - - - 

Health (fruit): + + + + - - - / + + + + + + + / + + + + + + - / - - - - - - - / - - - - - - - 

Skill German: - - - + - - - / + + - + - - + / + + + + + + - / - - - - - - - / - - - - - - - 
Skill Juggling: - - - + - - - / + + - + - - + / + + + + + + - / - - - - - - - / - - - - - - - 

• Like 2
8 hours ago, Manarelle said:

Sounds like a solid week of progress for you - grats on, well, everything. Is the CC & translate a free service or paid one? 

Its a free one. I found a website called Speech Logger which can type down what i say in Dutch and translate it in 5-10 seconds. Its not perfect because if it doesnt recognize what word i say in dutch it shows a bunch of number and that isnt translated. But its a start, ill have it up next time i stream and ill see how it goes. 

• Like 1

Week 3, whole week update
The week went well, got workouts in & German lessons but throughout the week i lost my steam. Got home from work and was tired pretty much all the time and not wanting to do anything. Not a whole lot more to tell. 
This week (week 4) im going back to rotating shift work and it gonna be rough since my body got used to my sleep schedule the last 4 weeks of early shifts. Hopefully i'll get some stuff, i will wait and see how much energy i have for everything.

Fitness: + - -/+ - + / + + +  / + + -  / - - - 

Health (water): + + + + - - - / + + + + + + + / + + + + + + - / + + + + + + + / - - - - - - - 

Health (fruit): + + + + - - - / + + + + + + + / + + + + + + - / + + + + + + + / - - - - - - - 

Skill German: - - - + - - - / + + - + - - + / + + + + + + - / + + + + - + - / - - - - - - - 
Skill Juggling: - - - + - - - / + + - + - - + / + + + + + + - / + + + + - + - / - - - - - - - 

• Like 2

Week 4 update:
so this last week i didnt post as much as i was hoping. I was really tired from going back into shifts and i really freaking hard hit my elbow against a metal bar. That hit made sure i didnt workout the rest of the week cause i couldnt bend my elbow for a few days without it hurting. 

First week of rotating shifts was a bit tough, i had to work from 2pm till 10pm and in the mornings i didnt really know what i wanted to do, even tho i put stuff in my calendar to do. And in the evenings when i got home i was tired and went to bed earlier than i used to when i was doing rotating shifts all the time. So i went to bed at 12pm instead of 2am. But thats gonna take time and eventually i'll reach that again.

eeeh since its also the end of the challenge lets do a end review:
Overall....i did better than last challenge. I got a lot of German & Juggling practice in, worked out 4 weeks (with week 0 included) and made progress with it. I kinda lost momentum when i started my rotating shifts, but i know i'll get back into the groove with every passing week. 
Fitness: this went well. Got workouts in, had fun with it and i'll keep using this for the next challenge.

Health water: this went a lot better when i started drinking less zero sugar energy drinks. I do need to put my water bottle on a table so i can see it and grab it instead of near the couch were i cant see it.
Health fruit: i changed to apples in both the morning and during work and that was great. next challenge i want to add in banana's to make pancakes for breakfast/lunch/after work food.

Hobby: nope, nothing done. had no desire to play them. I kinda hit a gaming burnout last 2 weeks with not knowing what i want to play, which was weird cause i was also thinking about playing a lot of games. I'll have to see what i'm gonna do with this.

Skill German: went great till last week, which is kinda sad cause i had a nice streak going.

Skill Juggling: see above 

So i did oke with this challenge, better than last time. Things i have to re-learn with the upcoming challenges are pretty much:

- Get used again to shift work

- How & when to properly learn skills during different shifts

I do have to say that going back into these challenges (i think this is number 3 for me after being back) have given me more direction in life. I'm doing more to Level Up my life and that just feels great. Now i just need to get the social side of the forums back ;) 

• Like 2
9 hours ago, Grandkai_NL said:

Hobby: nope, nothing done. had no desire to play them. I kinda hit a gaming burnout last 2 weeks with not knowing what i want to play, which was weird cause i was also thinking about playing a lot of games. I'll have to see what i'm gonna do with this.

I'm with you on this... I want to get that feeling of back when gaming was fun in my life, but the thought of sitting down and gaming for any period of time is weirdly offputting. Keep us posted on how that goes, I haven't figured out a way to beat it yet.

9 hours ago, Grandkai_NL said:

I do have to say that going back into these challenges (i think this is number 3 for me after being back) have given me more direction in life. I'm doing more to Level Up my life and that just feels great. Now i just need to get the social side of the forums back ;) 

Grats on a successful challenge! It's good to see you back and working on your goals again. Socialness will come. See you next challenge?

Manarelle the Level 55 Amazon Assassin

Gryffindarling and Sith Acolyte, somehow.

Challenges: 1-1011-2021-3031-4041-50, 51-60, Current