• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Miaulin

Miau (grudgingly) Holds On

Well done for all the cleaning! Hope you have a wonderful day :)

Romeo & Juliet looks good! Have you seen Baz Lurhmans (sp) version? Set in more modern times too with guns and cars. I love it!!!! xx

• Like 1

Hhhhhhh the school just got back to me- with good news! I can enroll! You guys i hardly know what to do with myself, i just knew they were going to look at the fact that i've no credits to transfer, no records from my prior schooling, and say no, that i was setting myself up for a let-down by finding this and hoping it would work...but they said yes.  I'm going to be a graduate!

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Miaulin said:

Hhhhhhh the school just got back to me- with good news! I can enroll! You guys i hardly know what to do with myself, i just knew they were going to look at the fact that i've no credits to transfer, no records from my prior schooling, and say no, that i was setting myself up for a let-down by finding this and hoping it would work...but they said yes.  I'm going to be a graduate!

YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH <3 <3 xx

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Salinger said:

Well done for all the cleaning! Hope you have a wonderful day :)

Romeo & Juliet looks good! Have you seen Baz Lurhmans (sp) version? Set in more modern times too with guns and cars. I love it!!!! xx

Thank you Sal! :love_heart:

It really does! Unfortunately for this area, the fact that this interpretation features an interracial relationship is a pretty big deal, and personally i'm delighted to see it. There's a bit of a chance momsauce and i might get to go see it! I've not seen that version, but it sounds interesting and *having googled it* holy snow a wild Actual Baby Leonardo DiCaprio? Wow. Will investigate this one further, thanks for telling me about it :D

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

annnnnnnd *twirls* i've got my Challenge Theme for the next one ^_^ will try to finish this one strong and be ready to go!

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Miaulin said:

I've not seen that version, but it sounds interesting and *having googled it* holy snow a wild Actual Baby Leonardo DiCaprio? Wow. Will investigate this one further, thanks for telling me about it :D

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hope you manage to go see it! Diversity is always brilliant!

Ahhhhh you will love it, its so so so good. And Leo is beautiful in it. Incredible actor. xx

ps. The bit where Romeo sees Juliet for the first time, through a massive fish tank, is so amazing. Very romantic. 

6897765_orig.jpg

With this song playing....such a wonderful song..... i want a BOYFRIEND HAHAHAHAHH

• Like 1

didn't workout today but the only really interesting news is i'm having an Episode. Can't get it identified as No Insurance but it's basically an episode of feeling sort of...well, mom's first question was whether i've taken any weird pills. (that would be a No) just very aware of being kind of out of it. almost started crying for no reason- no emotions involved just physically started to cry. not very coordinated, typing coherently is taking a lot of concentration. moving real slow. things like the computer mouse are fascinating and hilarious but i'm also aware that this isn't normal for me so that's a bit "oh you stupid faker". it's an interesting feeling, not really great. impulse control is...taking some work.

it's happened before but i'm not sure why, or if it has any relation whatsoever to the recent "I'M GONNA BE SO POSITIVE"  and "GONNA GET MY ENTIRE LIFE IN ORDER WOO HOO" moods or is a separate thing entirely. it's kind of giggly but only distantly. difficult to articulate. i've had to correct my spelling on this post so many times :P i'd suspect the tea i've been drinking this week but this has happened when i've not been having tea as well.

edit: well that's all subsided as of the next day, only now it's all muscle-aches and mom's half convinced i caught something from the little kittens. yikes yikes yikes, i might try a hot bath later to see if that helps...moving really hurts. but plans are still being laid out for the course and i'm still hyped about it!

oh but before i forget...last night (the bit of this post before 'edit') after mom and i had gone to bed, i thought i heard a sound and, being a bit anxious and still feeling dazed, i rushed up to the kitchen to look out the big window. (it's actually a sliding door we never use, but w/e) short version is  i fully thought i saw a big dog or coyote in the yard, but nobody else could see it. broski went to investigate just to calm me down. no dog, though i could still see it. fast forward to this morning and it turns out my 'dog' was actually a bit of tarp all along. :lol:

among the idiotic things to drift across the current no-fences landscape of my  flailing thinker: *desperately tilting head in weird directions* "HOW DO I LOOK OUT OF ONLY THE BOTTOM HALF OF MY EYES? THAT WOULD FEEL SO MUCH BETTER" :P

oh! but last night i actually got some writing done. it wasn't a lot but considering it was stuff that had been sitting in my drafts folder for months, it was a shocking achievement and i think nobody expected it. least of all myself.

• Like 1

Dang girl, you doing okay today?? That sounds completely terrifying!! I know you don't have insurance right now, but if you're feeling a bit more coherent today, you should write down as much as you can remember about the episode so that you can show it to the doctor next time you can go. 

Does resting help? Sleeping? Drinking water?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SkyGirl said:

Dang girl, you doing okay today?? That sounds completely terrifying!! I know you don't have insurance right now, but if you're feeling a bit more coherent today, you should write down as much as you can remember about the episode so that you can show it to the doctor next time you can go. 

Does resting help? Sleeping? Drinking water?

Feeling better today yes! It usually only lasts a few hours, so i'm able to sleep it off once i finally stop trying to power through it. I'll take your advice and write everything down :D

3 hours ago, Miaulin said:

Feeling better today yes! It usually only lasts a few hours, so i'm able to sleep it off once i finally stop trying to power through it. I'll take your advice and write everything down :D

I'm really glad!!! I'm totally projecting my own issues onto you but I got the willies when I read your description.  :o  Keep on taking care of yourself!! Don't forget you're really really important to us!!

• Like 1

Hope you are ok Mia....good job on the writing. 

I quite often hallucinate and its pretty scary although im more used to it now. Aghghhhh glad it was actually tarp though....

sending you love xx

16 hours ago, SkyGirl said:

I'm really glad!!! I'm totally projecting my own issues onto you but I got the willies when I read your description.  :o  Keep on taking care of yourself!! Don't forget you're really really important to us!!

Sorry about that :O it is a little weird since it tends to come on pretty suddenly, but i retain awareness throughout and so am less scared by it and more...idk, detached from it i suppose. My impulse control goes down a bit, but for the most part i spend the whole ordeal mentally eye-rolling at the weirdness that crosses my mind (like being suddenly fascinated by the computer mouse, of all things :lol: ) and same to you, mon amie! I'm so glad you're safe after your scare the other night, and hope you've been feeling better <3

13 hours ago, Salinger said:

Hope you are ok Mia....good job on the writing. 

I quite often hallucinate and its pretty scary although im more used to it now. Aghghhhh glad it was actually tarp though....

sending you love xx

Thanks! :D  I've had some prior experience of seeing things that aren't there, usually either scary things or just dark shapes...but my actual vision tends to be a little wonky at times so sometimes it's hard to tell whether it's my eyes or my mind playing tricks.  *sends you some hugs in return*

-----------------------------------------------

Sooooo, Thursday, the day after the Incident,  the weirdness had subsided but i actually had a lot of muscle pain and spent most of the day clutching a hot water bottle and having some trouble with moving about. never did get that hot bath because it just seemed too much effort to get everything ready and i didn't have the energy. As of today, muscle pain is still in effect, but also sore throat complete with that lovely gunky feeling that goes with. One of the kittens is indeed a bit sick, too, so i don't know if that's related at all but we've both spent much of today having a lie in. >:<

it's after 4pm now and i've still not actually eaten food today so that's not likely helping matters. have had water, though! we're a little low on food at the moment so cooking is like an episode of chopped, flinging ingredients together and hoping for the best. i set some soup out to thaw earlier.

• Like 2

Oof! I’m so sorry you felt that way! That sounds unnerving. I’ve had a few pretty intense dissociation episodes before that felt sorta like you described - everything is... indescribably weird. And vaguely fake-feeling? I don’t wish that upon anyone. Sorry you have to go through it. *hug*

And now you’re sick after all that... that stinks. Drink lots of tea and please make sure to eat something - your body needs as much energy as it can get to heal itself!

<3

• Like 2

I wonder if the episode of weirdness was attached to getting sick? You've had weird mood things connected to physical sickness before. Either way, I hope you and the kittens get lots of rest, drink orange juice and tea (I've been drinking echinacea tea for my sicknesses and I think it helps a little?), and do pleasant things while you heal! We love you!!