• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

I joined several years got but life got in the way.

I recently started a new job that's much more stable than anything I've had for the last 10 years.

My goals for this 4 week challenge fall into 2 area. The first area is fitness. I plan to record everything I eat or drink in MyFitnessPal. If it's not recorded it's not tracked and it can't be measured. I've obtained a stationary bike. I plan on assembling that And to start using it 3 times a week. I also plan to do some Strength training on the days I bike.

The second area I focus on is finances. I want to be more disciplined in recording transactions As they occur.

• Like 3

Hey @frankenear, welcome back! :) 

Can I share some advice with you that I’ve just posted in other people’s threads on how to make their goals a little SMART-er, I think it might help you too. 

21 minutes ago, Guzzi said:

Hey can I suggest adding a grading element to your challenge?  I find that if it’s just a pass/fail sorta thing then I can get derailed easily by a couple of bad days, whereas if I have a grading system then I can still see progress even if I don’t manage to stick to my goals 100% of the time (it is after all about improvement and sustainability rather than passing/failing). 

Something like:

Chips

0x per week = A

1x per week = B

3x per week = C

4x per week = Fail

(In this system you also need to decide how to average out your weekly score to an overall score)

OR 

1-3 during challenge = A

4-6 during challenge = B

7-9 during challenge = C

etc. 

I find it really helps to have a system like this so that I don’t lose heart or feel defeated.  It also allows me to be objective about my performance rather than think I failed when I maybe actually achieved my goals 80% of the time. :) 

4 minutes ago, Guzzi said:

With your challenge I’s suggest firming up on your “less sugar” and “more water” goals, as it’s hard to quantify whether you have achieved something when it’s just “do more/less”.  I’d suggest aiming for a certain quantity of water per day (perhaps a certain number of refills to your glass/bottle?) and maybe aim for a particular reduction of sugar (eg. week 1 - 1/2tsp less in each cup, week 2 - 1tsp less etc).  That way you have something specific that you can measure.  

The biggest thing I've learned from the challenges is that progress is progress, but it’s amazing how we all have a tendency to think that if we don’t achieve our goals 100% then we must have failed, which simply isn’t true. 

Good luck with the challenge! :) 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, frankenear said:

I also plan to do some Strength training on the days I bike.

What kind of strength training, weight or bodyweight exercises? Do you have a program you plan to follow?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Guzzi said:

Hey @frankenear, welcome back! :) 

Can I share some advice with you that I’ve just posted in other people’s threads on how to make their goals a little SMART-er, I think it might help you too. 

What she said ^^^The more specific you make it the easier it is to follow. I know some want 'flexibility' in case they change their minds but honestly, it's four weeks, you can give it a shot for four weeks and change it next time if it doesn't work for you...or nothing stops you from changing the goal in the middle of the challenge if you want/need to.

Welcome back to the rebellion!