No registered users viewing this page.

darkfoxx

Darkfoxx 54: Continuing On

Yesterday

Smoothie for breakfast

Back to the gym and annoyed at how crowded it was

Lunch was the second half of dinner - chili Gobi + chili chicken

Snuggled pup all day instead of leaving the couch

Grabbed dinner from our favorite grab n go - that damn chicken katsu curry we are addicted to + a fruit cup

1e3eee38549ea0b25390170eabe00e46.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Saturday

Rice cakes & peanut butter for breakfast while DH went to check on a paddle board

Walked around a mall, bought warm shirts for our next trip, lunch at an Italian cafe - sea bass, buttery lemon sauce, quick pickle kraut, saffron hummus, cauli steak with sticky balsamic sauce

Grocery shopping

Came home and napped with the pup as DH went paddle boarding

Dinner was spaghetti & clam sauce made by a friend

Snack mix

Sinuses are still pissed from a combo of the trip and sandy air: headachey, snotty & sneezy all day

fca1373a3370c33df9a0bbba004fa760.jpg

• Like 2

Sunday

Did not turn out as planned.

Peanut butter & rice cakes for breakfast

Scouted location for potluck breakfast on Tuesday

Halfhearted and depressing visit to the Museum of Islamic Art

Healthy-ish place for lunch: half an order of potato wedges and beef shawarma

Napped with Pupper while DH played CoD

Big bowl of mixed fruit and whipped cream instead of the schmancy Japanese dinner we had reservations for

Currently ignoring that the TV exists and waiting to go to bed while planning the next trip

f03c41ac28bf341b12d59b447d130428.jpg

• Like 2

On 2/17/2019 at 12:51 PM, darkfoxx said:

Halfhearted and depressing visit to the Museum of Islamic Art

I'm curious about this.  What made the trip depressing?

Looks like food is going pretty well; at least the pics are nice!  :-)  Keep up the good work!

I'm curious about this.  What made the trip depressing?

Looks like food is going pretty well; at least the pics are nice!  :-)  Keep up the good work!

Walked in the door, and Darling Husband decided he didn’t want to participate - so we argued about it when it wasn’t a quick fix, and split up to look at exhibits on our own.

I did end up running into friends, so that at least pulled me out of the ensuing doom spiral a bit.

The exhibits - including the temporary one on Syria’s place in history - were fantastic as always, though.

• Like 1

Monday

Breakfast smoothie

Workout

Another bowl of fruit with whipped cream for lunch

Made berry protein pancakes for potluck tomorrow

Made Korean Coconut Buddha bowls for dinner

Snacked on my nut mix

3d29fc0c590f67be8a966ed92538ff8a.jpg

Tuesday

Took Freya to the park for the potluck

The pic from breakfast doesn’t near encapsulate the amount of shit I ate. Add homemade cookies & fatayer to the list + seconds of all of it

Walked with her and some girlfriends after the potluck; almost lost her damn ass again when I forgot I was holding her while trying to free her leash and just let go - for like 3 minutes - good thing she was distracted trying to eat mulch and we’ve been working on coming when called.

Oops.

That woke me up at 3am this morning in a dead panic

DH came home not having worked out for the day and we hit the gym - I did half an hour of a circuit I made up - deadlifts + TRX rows + lat pulldowns then leg presses + leg pull thingies

Dinner was leftover Korean bowls

aa80c492260f766d507916733649ae02.jpg

• Like 1

I'm noticing more mentions of arguments. I don't know if they happen at the same frequency as before and you are talking more about them, or if they have started to happen more often on that side of the world. 

I was trying to remember that as well - and I’m not sure if they’re quite new or more frequent arguments, or years-long continuations of the same few arguments we always have. Some are certainly as fractious as the biggies we used to have (pre-NF days) before I even quit my corporate job.

Certainly things have changed over here power dynamics-wise and personally career (as it were - or wasn’t) wise, and for DH workload (perceived and actual) wise, and those things all take adjusting to.

Throw in actual stakes, goals for the next chapter of our life that may or may not be realistic and may or may not line up when the rubber meets the road - and there’s a host of subtext going on.

Also: we’re coming up on 13 years - he knows how to be an asshole, and I can most certainly be the proper kind of bitch to work under his skin - which is super counterproductive, we both know.

I’d like to think maybe he’s also examining his internal life in his old age and trying to come to terms with having one and expressing it? This part may be wishful thinking, but he did actually express an emotion that wasn’t wrapped in a tantrum a bit ago - and tbh, I didn’t know what to do with that information because I’d already filed his behavior in the ‘you’re being a dick and I’m not putting up with that shit any more’ category after there was nothing I could offer him to fix the mood.

*sigh*

I know, I know - communication.

And we’ll get to it. It’s easier on either travel days (which probably won’t happen this next travel day), or in hotels - which most certainly will.

That, and hopefully our upcoming “real” vacation will help reset shit and slap our first world problem asses with some gratitude for where we are in life like it usually does.

Ooh. Maybe seeing some old shit on this next trip will help too - that shift in perspective usually helps switch our mindsets from getting bogged down in petty BS to a more relaxed attitude.

It *has* been quite awhile since we had a real vacation that included zero work for him. He always gets cranky and ready to lose his shit if it goes too many months between those complete down times.

• Confused 1

Also remembered that February & March are *always* full of fights in my house every year - no idea why, would go the seasonal route, but we are in the desert + have been in the tropics & in a temperate Zone - soooo that’s variable and not always “Spring”.

Could be the emotional roadmap of the year - my birthday, his birthday, New Years, we don’t really do valentines, our anniversary

———-

Today

Breakfast out with my Wednesday Group - manakeesh with ground meat and flaxseed crust + 3 coffees

More coffee as I walked around the mall to kill time

Came home and snuggled the pup whose belly feels like poo while nursing my own nausea from the car

Got up eventually and made rice cake thins + peanut butter for a late lunch

Didn’t want to get up again because pup; ended up cooking dinner mostly one-handed: Japanese-ish bowl

Made DH get me mixed snack so I could hold pup because pup’s butt fits in the pocket of my robe still, but she’s too big to stay (+ I was being good and decided to not strain my tweaked yet again wrist by grabbing snack bin one handed)

7de34bbac76111ea27ca0237d80e6248.jpg

• Like 2

I hope that your vacation is restorative and relaxing!

Your food looks exotic and fun, and I'm more than a little jealous.  :-)

What kind of dog do you have?

• Like 1

I hope that your vacation is restorative and relaxing!

Your food looks exotic and fun, and I'm more than a little jealous.  :-)

What kind of dog do you have?

Freya is a miniature dachshund - about 10 lbs of physical weight, with tons of personality.

Odin will be about the same - he’s from the same family.

Freya is a miniature dachshund - about 10 lbs of physical weight, with tons of personality.

Odin will be about the same - he’s from the same family.

As for food, most of the more “exotic” fare I eat is either generic Arabic or Lebanese - if you live in a spot in the US the Lebanese haven’t settled, check out Yotam Ottolenghi - I absolutely love his way with food, and it’s similar to what I can get locally (but better, because daaaaaaaaaamn people here like bread, cheese & chocolate too damn much).

https://ottolenghi.co.uk/recipes

I would say about 90% of the items he uses can be found wherever you are - and for specialty things, if you don’t have a Whole Foods, hippie store or ethnic market, Amazon is a lifesaver.

Happy exploring!

• Like 1

Thursday

Monthly wine brunch day

Berry protein pancakes with almond yogurt for breakfast

Skipped my workout because I was emo

Watched a taping of killer show a friend of mine created and performed

Wine & more food than this on a boat cruise in the afternoon

Curled up with the pup and napped

DH came home

Some talking was done

ab21b52ecb2b24b7b98e39a480403944.jpg

• Like 1

Friday

Breakfast was the last of the pancakes

Just couldn’t get the energy to go to the gym

Caught up with a girlfriend over coffee, a walk & lunch

Bailed on the Mardi Gras Party I was supposed to go to because I ran out of motivation

Dinner was some sort of French burrito thing that was pretty good

Skipped the snack I was wanting because of pup snuggles

94b9bbd20ad1ad6ea71f8254e3a07807.jpg

I’m thinking she’ll be back to her normal crazy self today and ready for a walk

• Like 1

Saturday

Breakfast was rice cakes with peanut butter while DH was out paddle boarding

Lunch was a chicken tikka salad wrap

A small nap was had and an appetizer plate was made:
2aaa5308f0102764b59182c5eec4fa63.jpg
Indian Boondi mix & fried peanuts, raspberries & goose berries, hummus, sun dried tomatoes, beef soujak sausage, bresiola, firm goat cheese, lactose free cheddar, babaganoush & figs + veggie chips & pringles for dipping

Game night with friends was had - alcohol, appetizer plate, beef & guiness pie with mash & red velvet cake with whites chocolate icing

711fcd426e781e455938f1bf9e80c7bb.jpg

• Like 1

Sunday

Was supposed to get up at 5am for possible help with my eGate - did not make it.

Breakfast was more rice crackers

Did, however, go get my International drivers license.

Mall walked

Lunch was Chang’s - spicy dumplings & sea bass noodle thing off the Chinese New Year menu

Pup walk

Dinner was a falafel wrap & hummus from the grocery

ffeee0ba492ec5068ab1e51732e698d1.jpg

• Like 1

17 hours ago, darkfoxx said:

International drivers license.

Good job!  That must have been exciting.  :-)

Food pics continue to impress.  What are your gym plans for the week?

• Like 1

Good job!  That must have been exciting.  :-)

Food pics continue to impress.  What are your gym plans for the week?

This is a travel week, so I’m planning on hitting the gym daily - it’s a tiny one, but has enough that I can cobble something together.

This morning was a trip on a weird kind of tracked treadmill (?) will take pics tomorrow - followed by an all-over body dumbbell routine. Not my Soflete thing, but there isn’t a bar available for that, so I improvised.

• Like 2

Monday

9a5d5bd5fcbad018184f758d80f1d3d0.jpg

Ate too damn much - Japanese business lunch + unexpected Outback for dinner

Blew my workout off because of stomach spins

But - checked out a cool jewelry fair, found a local designer I’m loving, and finally got a replacement for the belt DH got me for Christmas that was too big.

Tuesday

7a3e05b092c423846108cf3546e36b2d.jpg

Breakfast was awesome and light
Lunch was good
Dinner was wings

Scheduled no workout day

Wednesday
75f9a8b04f4b1821cfe387c499f5b984.jpg

Travel day - breakfast out with my Wednesday Group
Whiskey & diet instead of food in the airport
Plane dinner
Welcome snacks instead of room service when we checked in.

The red picture is of the artificial canyon in this hotel.

DH was right - he’s going to have a hell of a time getting me to leave. Graphic design alone has me swooning. And it’s dog friendly!

A better pic:
1506512d56c5df9ebe27e2cacd571d34.jpg

• Like 3

Nice foods!  The canyon is intriguing but I think walking through a tunnel of red would do something bizarre and unpredictable to my brain.

What exotic location are you in this week???  

Jordan this trip - and man, this place is beautiful.

Nice foods!  The canyon is intriguing but I think walking through a tunnel of red would do something bizarre and unpredictable to my brain.

Adding to that, the floor is sliiiiiiiigjtly wonky like it would be outside(ish) - I thought it was just me the night we checked in, but no - oddly almost tripped on it this afternoon, too.