• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

2 hours ago, BardicGarlic said:

I woke up with a horrible ache in my left jaw in the middle of the night. I had to skip work for half a day to go to the doctor. Apparently, I have been chewing ice and grinding my teeth as I work, so my jaw is inflamed.

It threw off my schedule and made me feel grumpy all day (hence the sweets and comfort food). I went to bed at around 8 pm and I didn't work out. A bad habit here.

Earlier this week I was posting in someone else's thread about how difficult it can be for us to remember that it actually is okay to slow down and take it easy with we are sick or injured. It's only a bad habit if it stays with us after the injury/illness has healed.

Anything related to the jaw or teeth is horrendous and makes life utterly miserable. Give yourself a break. :)

• Like 2

Saturday (yay)!

Food

8:00 Congee with pork, mushrooms, and duck egg

12:00 Grilled pork, young chili paste, and blanched veggies

12:30 Sago jelly with taro and corn in coconut milk

17:00 Iced green tea (no milk, no sugar)

My ancestral Chinese blood probably boil in rage for the idea of an iced matcha, but my indigenous Siamese blood and American cheese in my veins said A-Okay. 

20:00 Tempura salad with Japanese dressing. The fried stuffs are aubergine (I like this new word,) pumpkin, and carrots. (One fry from a kid's plate)

Sympathy

I was eating dinner with a friend's family. A professor dad who's struggling with a giant allergy-induced headache. A PhD student mom who is now in charge of everything. And a five year old who is too intelligent (and energetic) for his own parents' good.

I really want a family like theirs one day but at the same time appreciate that I don't have to deal with this yet. 

Exercise

5x3 pull ups

5x3 chin ups

5x3 squats at 95 kg

5x3 bench press at 70 kg

40mx3 farmer's walks at 40 kg each

8x3 deltoid raises at 25 lb each

8x3 inclined presses at 35 lb each

8x3 shoulder press at 35 lb each. 

And that's the weekend for me!

My girlfriend got me a video game for valentines. This makes me less productive today, but I'm a happy camper!

Food_Challenge2_Day6.JPG.4f1879c1c9d3350c11d65cb078ecd498.JPG

• Like 3

22 hours ago, NicTheRugger said:

I wish I could give all of your posts a heart-eyes emoji reaction, because that's how I feel when I see all of those yummy food pics.

Great workout!!

Thanks Nic! Maybe it's too yummy and that's' why I am... a little too happy. 

19 hours ago, scalyfreak said:

Earlier this week I was posting in someone else's thread about how difficult it can be for us to remember that it actually is okay to slow down and take it easy with we are sick or injured. It's only a bad habit if it stays with us after the injury/illness has healed.

Anything related to the jaw or teeth is horrendous and makes life utterly miserable. Give yourself a break. :)

Thanks! Yes, a slow pace now and then is good for me, I think. 

• Like 2

Sunday! A week's reflection!

Food

6:00 Black coffee

8:00 Blanched young sprouts salad, rice. (I bought it from a restaurant, and there are so many types of veggies! I noticed young shoots of senna, Turkey berries, string beans, sweet potato shoots, etc, topped with garlic)

10:00 Cape gooseberries

12:00 Fish with Northern Thai chili paste over instant ramen

15:00 Carrot cake

17:00 Yunan rice noodles with pork and Chinese kraut. 

Exercise: 6 km running. 

759680970_FoodTrackDay7.JPG.c114b870db27131a8a0e408fc29eaa03.JPG

Weekly tracking

Five color veggies: good

Highest bench press:80 kg 5x3

Highest squats: 95 kg 5x3

Running: 9 km total

Pull ups/ chin ups: 90 total

Sympathy and reconnection: Not so much. I should be kinder.

Lab manual: Maybe.... 5 hours? I did go to chapter 4. 

Creative writing: 2 hours

Chant of mercy: Every night!

Sunscreen: 6 out of 7 days. 

Loki is not super pleased with me, and his anger is vile. 

• Like 3