Suzaqu explores and solidifies

Suzaqu

RUNNING, EH?!

Good job getting out there. And yay for being able to final get in and settle in the new (and it sounds like improved!) office. :) 

Raptron, alot assassin

67666564636261605958 575655545352515049484746454443424140393837363534333231302928272625242322212019181716151413121110987 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

13 hours ago, Waanie said:

Thanks, I will try them out :)

For the running, it helps me to do run-walk intervals and to have someone (podcast/zombies run) to tell me when to walk and when to run. I still don't do it much, but in the fall I actually managed to reach week 6 in a C25K program this way. It also works better if the weather is nice ;).

Yes, I got to I think week 4 in the zombies c25k program a few years ago. I might start that up again this spring, I forgot about that program! It's silly, but I feel so self conscious about walking on my run/walk intervals. I feel like the cars driving by are judging me, even though I know it's not true at all. I'm in the US In New Jersey, so the weather isn't awful right now, 30-40F and no snow, and I'm from Minnesota, so I don't mind the cold generally and actually like working out in it. As long as the air doesn't hurt to breathe, I'm good.

13 hours ago, KB Girl said:

YES :) Good way to think about it. 

Always nice to see someone else lifting bells! too bad it's S&S ;) (It's okay, don't mind me, I'm really just jealous because I can't do a get up.)

I can also really recommend the GMB programs. And if you're looking for more variety you could always try some other KB work or even juggling, it's fun.

Thanks! I have nowhere near the stamina for kettlebell sport, so I'm jealous of you :) S&S is getting kinda boring, so I do want to do some other kb work next challenge, I never thought of juggling though! I have no hand eye coordination at all, and I'd be worried for my fragile furniture. But would definitely be out of my comfort zone!

What GMB programs have you done? Any particular favorites?

9 hours ago, raptron said:

RUNNING, EH?!

Good job getting out there. And yay for being able to final get in and settle in the new (and it sounds like improved!) office. :) 

I'm still not sure where on earth that running idea came from.

Thanks! I'm all moved in and assessing what I lost. I now get the fun job of totaling up all my personal stuff that was ruined and claiming it through my employer. Somehow it's over $400 of stuff if I calculate the cost to repurchase it (a lot of it was on sale and/or gifts and was collected over a number of years so I never quite added it up myself before).  

• Like 1

Current Challenge

24 | 23 | 22 | 21 | 20 | 19 | 18 | 17 | 16 | 15 | 14 | 13 | 12 | 11 | 10 | 9 | 8 | 7 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1 

Tuesday update:

Not my best day. I got home, the plan was to do S&S, but I felt super lazy as soon as I walked in the door, and made the choice to order pizza instead of cooking. I was then too full to exercise. I figured I'd call this my rest day, and get back on track with a run tomorrow. But then I realized that I have an early morning training for work, and can't go on a run tomorrow (with my work schedule and how early sunset is still I don't get home before it's dark). So S&S it is tomorrow. I'm also feeling super sore from the run, so an extra day off might be good for me. 

I did manage to find some energy and got chicken marinating for tomorrow to get meals back on track and made a chocolate pudding with tofu that my lactose-intolerant husband loved! He's picky about pudding and milk substitutes, so I call that a win.  It was Mexican chocolate flavored and I was slightly heavy handed on the cayenne, so it's basically spicy chocolate pudding, but still tasty. I also meditated already this evening, so the day at least ended well. Work is stressful and chaotic right now, so I need to make sure I take the time to meditate instead of freaking out and stopping a lot of self-care like I usually do.

• Like 2

Current Challenge

24 | 23 | 22 | 21 | 20 | 19 | 18 | 17 | 16 | 15 | 14 | 13 | 12 | 11 | 10 | 9 | 8 | 7 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1 

13 hours ago, Suzaqu said:

Thanks! I have nowhere near the stamina for kettlebell sport, so I'm jealous of you :) S&S is getting kinda boring, so I do want to do some other kb work next challenge, I never thought of juggling though! I have no hand eye coordination at all, and I'd be worried for my fragile furniture. But would definitely be out of my comfort zone!

What GMB programs have you done? Any particular favorites?

Oh you just start out somewhere and build slowly.. I don't have a lot of stamina either x) 

Juggling is really hard, I can't do it at all.. but it looks so fun! you could check out KB Fit Britt, she posts a lot of workouts on her website and Instagram.

I've done rings and liked it a lot and I'm messing around with paralettes now, but honestly not finding enough time for it. I'm liking the little bits though. 

13 hours ago, Suzaqu said:

Work is stressful and chaotic right now, so I need to make sure I take the time to meditate instead of freaking out and stopping a lot of self-care like I usually do.

interesting how just when we need it the most those things always get dropped.. but you're aware and on top of it :)

Main Quest: becoming a decent kettlebell lifter and a great coach

Current challenge: KB Girl gets her bujo back

my instagram - my gym's instagram

On 2/27/2019 at 12:18 PM, KB Girl said:

Oh you just start out somewhere and build slowly.. I don't have a lot of stamina either x) 

Juggling is really hard, I can't do it at all.. but it looks so fun! you could check out KB Fit Britt, she posts a lot of workouts on her website and Instagram.

I've done rings and liked it a lot and I'm messing around with paralettes now, but honestly not finding enough time for it. I'm liking the little bits though. 

interesting how just when we need it the most those things always get dropped.. but you're aware and on top of it :)

Cool, I will check her out! Glad to hear you like GMB, I don't think I have the upper body strength for rings (or the workout space) but paraleletts is tempting! (Along with all their other programs!)

On 3/1/2019 at 3:08 PM, courtneyc said:

Hope you're finding some time (or making it) for that self care!

I'm trying, I at least kept up the meditation for the rest of the week. I'm also trying to prioritize other forms of productive self care as well (including exercise), and I think it's kept me on track ok.

On 3/2/2019 at 4:58 AM, Mad Hatter said:

Heh all too true!

So true, and it's something I'm working on. I figure being aware is at least the first step.

• Like 1

Current Challenge

Week 3 update:

I gotta work on updating more! 

The running goal was kinda a fail. Between weather and a series of unusually morning commitments I only got in the one run that already reported on. 

I succeeded in meditating the rest of the week and I think that helped keep me on track. I also did my S&S 3 times, including the weight increase and it felt good. I can really feel that I'm driving with my hips like I should.

• Like 1

Current Challenge

Week 4 plan:

Because I have much more time this week than last week, I'm doubling up on mobility goals. I still want to do the 2 runs I'm missing from last week and also take on a new goal. My old kettlebell trainer has put out a 7 day mobility program, which seems too ideal for this challenge to be true, so I'm going for it. It's approx 15 min a day of mobility work, plus a few mobility flows. I figure it's a great match for the training I'm doing, because of her kettlebell expertise.  So I'm doing both this week. 

Again I'l be doing S&S three times this week, and I want to do 40 sets with the higher weight each round.

I am traveling this weekend, so my plan is to do S&S MWF and run TTh. As long as I do the mobility program 5 times this week, I'm calling it a win, though ideally I'm going to aim for more.

Monday: I have done my S&S with the higher weight for 40 swings already, so I'm on track for my plan so far. Today's mobility focus was head and neck and wow, my crunchy, sticky neck feels so much better! These are some stretches I definitely want to keep up.  My goal for tomorrow is an am run, wish me luck!

• Like 3

Current Challenge

Ohhh, ambitious! Good luck. :D 

Raptron, alot assassin

67666564636261605958 575655545352515049484746454443424140393837363534333231302928272625242322212019181716151413121110987 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

Tuesday! 

I got out the door for my run and started running, and then realized quickly that my warmest running clothes were not enough for the cold weather this morning. So it was a very short run, but I'm counting it because I got out there and did it, and I did get far enough to get out of breath and work up a sweat.

Today's mobility was based around the thoracic spine and I discovered mine is both tight and weak :) It's amazing how sore I am after a few tiny exercises.

Current Challenge

15 hours ago, KB Girl said:

Good luck! both with the run and the doubling down on mobility. 15 minutes a day sounds nice. 

Thank you! I wanted to take advantage of the time I had to get caught up on my goals. I'm liking the 15 min a day because I can't really make an excuse to get out of it :)

11 hours ago, Waanie said:

Good luck with your run :). I actually tried the yin yoga-video you recommended earlier, and I think I'm now in love with yin yoga. On the days that I feel lethargic it is easy to just do nothing, whether I'm in a yoga pose or not. This way, I actually feel productive with my time doing "nothing" ;).

Thanks! I'm glad you liked it! Which instructor did you do? Have you found any other good ones? I want to keep up doing those videos after the challenge; it feels like much more productive recovery/break days. 

7 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

Is the Kb mobility flow available for everyone? Share please, if you can.

Woot for going up in weight on S&S

Unfortunately it's not freely available. I got it here https://boopbod.thinkific.com/courses/move-free  It's not specifically geared towards kettlebells, but since it's my kettlebell trainer, I figured it would be a very good complement to my training. I also know her, her style, and her background, so I trusted her program. So far it's been a few stretches/mobility exercises and a few strengthening exercises per day, so it works nicely to help balance out imbalances. I haven't tried the mobility flows yet, but I'm excited to see what they look like. 

Thanks! I'm hoping that with the technique change it will stick this time! I'm feeling stuck at this weight, so I really want to do this progression right!

7 hours ago, raptron said:

Ohhh, ambitious! Good luck. :D 

Thanks! I'm hoping that if I fail, it's at least in blaze of glory trying too hard :P 

• Like 2

Current Challenge

On 3/5/2019 at 10:18 PM, Suzaqu said:

Tuesday! 

I got out the door for my run and started running, and then realized quickly that my warmest running clothes were not enough for the cold weather this morning. So it was a very short run, but I'm counting it because I got out there and did it, and I did get far enough to get out of breath and work up a sweat.

giphy.gif

Raptron, alot assassin