• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Rebel Pilot Gar

[Rebel Pilot Gar] Leads in Lothering

Continuing off the Dragon Age theme from last challenge...

latest?cb=20140115201510

Last time we were in Ostagar, going through the trials and tribulations of exploring the Korcari Wilds, the Grey Warden induction ceremony, and finally the battle against the Darkspawn. Despite craziness of life (mostly work...) we made it through the first challenge in relatively one piece. That craziness has not backed off at all. 

The town of Lothering in Dragon Age Origins is very much a "goal setting" place. I always think of it as a stopping point - some time to stop and think about next steps. 

Coming off of that thought is the question - what do I want from 2019? What is my main goal? Well, I've been talking off and on about running a half marathon the past year or more. It's still something I am very much interested in doing. Enough so that I'm going to do my best to fight ranger brain and say that this challenge, and following challenges, will be set with the half marathon  goal in mind. 

For the sake of simplicity, I'm only going to have the one goal this challenge:

Step 1: Commit Time to Getting More Distance

• Measurement: Garmin Watch (track all walks, runs, and bike workouts).
  • Tracking: Walk to Mordor (Runs & Walks count full distance. Bike, divide distance in half) - I've started tracking a few times in the past, but starting from 0 for this challenge and planning to track through 2019. (Need to set up spreadsheet)
  • Goal: 40 miles by end of challenge (Avg = 10 miles per week)

4sxJ6ng.png

• Like 1

6 hours ago, RoachRex said:

A solid goal!  Do you have a set program you're following of any kind? 

For this challenge nothing formal other than twice daily dog walks (already a habit) and scheduled stationary bike time (20 min three times a week).

Half marathon I’m looking at is in October, so i have a little time to pick a training program for that. 

Yeaaaah!    Dragon Ageeeeeeee!   Yeaaah!    Rebel friend yeaaaah!

Great goal.

Here to follow!

And hoping for some awesome puppers in the wild pics!

• Like 1

On 2/11/2019 at 11:22 AM, Starpuck said:

Yeaaaah!    Dragon Ageeeeeeee!   Yeaaah!    Rebel friend yeaaaah!

Great goal.

Here to follow!

And hoping for some awesome puppers in the wild pics!

Well then here is a promise for at least 2 doggy in the wild pics.

As always thanks for the support <3

9 hours ago, RoachRex said:

Oh yeah you got tons of time lol. I'm excited to see the distance you can cover!

Thanks, friend! I selected and signed up for a race first weekend in November, which gives me until about May/June to figure out my training plan of choice.

So apparently there is an app for Walk to Mordor... and it has snippets of the book at various milestones.

So far finding this easier to update than the google docs spreadsheet we use in the forums, since I can log multiple activities in a day.

Hopefully that doesn’t bog the app down as I get closer to the end....

Progress so far: So I tracked a walk on Sunday, that will come out of the Week 1 total when I add everything up. But just passed the 5 mile checkpoint.

7CFD9320-FBA5-4249-8186-700E54A0DDAF.jpeg.3b10a8ef2c53def9103b7edac0a9accc.jpegA97E7746-49CF-4EC8-BE2E-E28507163771.thumb.jpeg.1f2e0fc592857954161f9ea9ca573528.jpeg 

• Like 3

It's Saturday and I have hit 10.3 miles if my math is right. The weather has been really mild for mid-February and neither the dog nor I could stand to stay inside for too long. Put an extra walk on top of morning bike workout and I'm ahead of the 10 miles/week goal. Debating on increasing the weekly mileage goal based on this... 

Here is the daily breakdown so far:

11 12 13 14 15 16 17

0.82 3.58 0.52 0.86 0.90 3.68  

So far I'm glad I've only chosen the one goal for this challenge. Everything else was kind of crap this week. Was pulling normal workday, plus adding 2-3 hours of additional work at night after I got home. And I've been having a lot of trouble disconnecting today from work stress. Doesn't help that we ordered takeout for 4 of 5 meals last week (I did go food shopping and we are meal prepping today / tomorrow so at least the coming week will be better....). 

Really just hoping work settles down soon. If it doesn't settle down by April / May I'll be looking for a career change. 

• Like 1

Good luck! I'm sure once you have a minute to breathe and take care of some things at home it'll pick right up. 

How do you do your meal prepping? 

• Like 1

Week 1 Results:

11 12 13 14 15 16 17 W1

0.82 3.58 0.52 0.86 0.90 3.68 1.41 11.75

* distance in miles

I surpassed the initial goal of 10 miles / week. Even with a crazy schedule. For now while I'm still stumbling around in the Shire, I'll work on walking just a little more each week and see where that takes me this challenge. 

tumblr_oor2y31zTP1saq4gpo1_500.gif

Week 2 Goal:

Last week I did 11.75 miles. So my goal for Week 2 is at least 12 miles. :) 

Off to a good start so far on Day 1 with completing a bike workout (even though I really didn't want to).

Hooray for the mind-hack of "I'll just put my workout gear on, doesn't mean I have to work out" transitioning to "well, I have my stuff on. Might as well do the thing"

tumblr_oor2y31zTP1saq4gpo2_500.gif

• Like 2

6 hours ago, RoachRex said:

Good luck! I'm sure once you have a minute to breathe and take care of some things at home it'll pick right up. 

How do you do your meal prepping? 

Thanks! Definitely appreciate the good thoughts.

I'm a super newbie at meal prepping so it's very half-hazard. Soups and stews are great for minimal-effort meals that create a ton of leftovers. Not so great if you get bored of eating the same thing multiple days in a row. I'm generally ok, but my BF can do about 3 days in a row of the same thing. So we try to balance it out. 

A lot of times, we'll also go for what we are in the mood for. This weekend I was in the mood for chicken, BF was thinking chili... so we made a white chicken chili (recipe). Weekdays anything that's a quick minimal prep, toss in the oven and let it do its thing type of meal works well. 

Honestly, I'm still trying to figure out what works best :) 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Rebel Pilot Gar said:

Hooray for the mind-hack of "I'll just put my workout gear on, doesn't mean I have to work out" transitioning to "well, I have my stuff on. Might as well do the thing"

Works at least 8/10 times for sure!

I am jealous of this mild weather you speak of.  >.<    I am so done with snow and cold.    For easy meals that last a few days, here!   My friend and I split these, and you get about 3 meals per person on them.  (For super cheap too.  Both are under $20 total for ingredients.)

https://www.delish.com/cooking/recipe-ideas/recipes/a45517/chicken-quinoa-black-bean-chili-verde-recipe/

(We sub long grain rice for the Quinoa because it's cheaper and we prefer the texture/taste in this recipe.)

https://unquenchablelaughter.wordpress.com/2013/09/10/phenomenal-pumpkin-chili/

This was my first home cooked interesting food.  It is SO good.  And so easy!  Everything is just, chop toss.  Or open can, pour.  No measuring!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Starpuck said:

Works at least 8/10 times for sure!

So true and much better than nothing. One of my favorite mind hacks definitely.

I am jealous of this mild weather you speak of.  >.<    I am so done with snow and cold.    For easy meals that last a few days, here!   My friend and I split these, and you get about 3 meals per person on them.  (For super cheap too.  Both are under $20 total for ingredients.)

https://www.delish.com/cooking/recipe-ideas/recipes/a45517/chicken-quinoa-black-bean-chili-verde-recipe/

(We sub long grain rice for the Quinoa because it's cheaper and we prefer the texture/taste in this recipe.)

https://unquenchablelaughter.wordpress.com/2013/09/10/phenomenal-pumpkin-chili/

This was my first home cooked interesting food.  It is SO good.  And so easy!  Everything is just, chop toss.  Or open can, pour.  No measuring!

Thank you for the meal recommendations! They look super simple and delicious! The pumpkin chili might be a tough sell, but I could always make it for lunches.

Week 2 - not so good. Just short of 10 miles for the week. Crashed hard over the weekend which means I spent a decent amount of time curled up in a ball on the couch. 

Did go for a 3 mile family walk over the weekend though... better than nothing 

Sorry for the radio silence. Past week and a half wee rough. Was either working or sleeping.... slowly seeing progress but my new position is rough. 

Didnt get much tracked walking done since I was coming home too late for most of the family evening dog walks. Putting numbers together today to post progress. Puck I also have some pics to post from a trip to the park a few weeks back -- haven't forgot you I promise :)

• Like 1

Daily Mileage 3/1 to 3/17

1          2          3          4         5          6         7          8         9        10      11      12       13        14       15        16      17

0.54    0.41    0.44    0.99    0.00    0.39    0.43    0.45    0.00    0.80    0.7    0.90    0.41    1.22    0.84    1.57    2.49

Dog walk pics: