• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

RoachRex

The Roach King Rises Again

Yoo everyone!  So, basically,  life dropkicked my ass and my party just now gathered enough gold to get me resurrected. 

Let's jump straight to it shall we? 

Starting Stats

Height:5'4"
Weight:220#

Pwr Lvl: 2.78 - honestly i need to measure other things but i dont have the means to yet.

The Goals: 

Workout 3x a week!! 
I'm way too busy to make it to a gym for an hour or so right now.  But I signed up for the NF Academy thing so I'll be doing the bodyweight exercises from there!
          3 times - A
          2 times - B
          1 times - C
          0 times - F

Log Foods Daily!
I don't really know how many calories I should be eating anymore, but I definitely need to get back in the habit of keeping track! I'll be monitoring this on myfitnesspal ( y'all can follow me there, I'm RoachRex ).  

7 days- A

6 days - B

5 days - C

4 days - D

3 or less - F

Level up in cooking!
My goal is to bake a loaf of bread!!  I'd also like to cook more, but bread is the focus! (I never did get around to it last time!) 
Pass or Fail

Get outside!
I've got some gear together so I really want to go camping!! But if I can't go camping, then at least I want to go on a day hike!!  Weather may not permit me to go camping (I live in socal and our wild places are a little bit... mudslide-y right now?) but in that case then I'll try to at minimum go for a hike in a local park or botanical garden or something.  Ideally more than once but at MINIMUM 1x a week. 
          4 times - A
          3 times - B
          2 times - C
          1 times - D
          0 times - F

I don't think this'll be too rough, but I've been there before so we'll see.  Wish me luck I guess? 
Edited by RoachRex
I decided to format things like I did in the past. It seemed to help.
  • Like 4

Thanks! 

So I forgot to log food yesterday, but I remembered what I ate so I logged it today.

Spent some time with my niece over the weekend, but that meant that the house got sick.  I've so far taken care of myself and slid by as yet unscathed, but  now I have to deal with a sick house :|

• Like 1

Logged my food for  yesterday and today thus far.  Gonna do my workout today.  I don't have money for groceries yet, but I get paid on friday so I'll season up my dutch oven and bake up a loaf this weekend if I can. 

Week in Review

Workouts 3x a week

lmao I did 0. I mean I walked at work but that's about it. Don't count! 

Log Foods Daily 
uh I took a wrong turn on the weekend.  But I logged up through friday!

Cooking
Still haven't got the groceries for it.  I'll probably do that this week. 

Outside
It was rainy and miserable all week. I tried to find some folks for a super short notice overnight trip in the mountains but noone was available.  Plus I have no winter clothes so it was a bad idea anyways...

Overall week 1
D-

• Like 1

[WEEK 2] Day 1 (2/18/19)

Exercise (Totals)

61 min walking

Food

Yakult

pbj sandwich

mango slices

lime & cucumber gatorade

Spaghetti and meatballs

Goals

[--]  Workout Program OFF DAY

[X]  Log Foods

[  ]  Bread

[  ]  Get outside

Moving forward I'll be using this format as it really helped to keep me organized in previous challenges.  I'll of course edit and fill this in at the end of the day (I'm just getting it put together rn so I don't have to later.) but get used to looking at this p much daily :V

• Like 2

Really like the format of your new daily update. Simple, but effective. 

Do you have a recipe in mind for your bread experiment? I have only made bread once, mainly helping a friend who is very into cooking experiments. It's actually not as scary as it seems, provided you have enough counter space to knead comfortably. (Then again, I have not tried solo bread making so maybe it's easier with a friend who knows what they are doing).

As far as week 1 goes, tracking is half the battle. Your update format going into week 2 is solid.

Do you have any places in mind for outdoor weekend adventures?

• Like 1

Thanks! Due to some life shit I haven't had the chance  to actually update in a bit though >:|

The recipe I'm planning to use is one from the French Guy Cooking yt channel https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1r6jV-MaQuc   I do have a table I can use for that.  I haven't done bread but I've done like thin pizza crust before. (Arguably different things) 

This weekend I'm going to a local 'wilderness park'.  Since I'm in LA it's not like wilderness wilderness but it's nice and I get to test out my gear a little. It'll be chilly as heck so I expect it to be interesting~

• Like 1

[WEEK 3] Day 1 (2/25/19)

lmaoo life can't stop dropkicking the shit out of me. I was in the hospital this weekend. Due to a medical condition if I go under too much stress (mental, phys, emotional, etc.)  I get heckin sick.  I had chills, a fever, vomiting (the key indicator tbh.), so I went in on friday morning and by friday night all my symptoms were gone but my blood pressure was low.  Like  86/58 or something.  They moved me from ER to an observation room and I was stuck there overnight.   They released me the next day once my systolic bp got up to 100s.  But as a result I didn't get to go camping obvs. so yeah.  Having a fucking great time out here

Exercise (Totals)

Walking (60 min)

Food

Cereal and 1% milk

Fruit leather

microwave curry lunch

2 Taquitos

Some sort of spaghett amalgamation.  (My mom tried to make spaghetti in a crockpot.  The noodles had 0 texture)

Donuts (1 serving of small choco donuts)

1 funsize pkg m&m

1/4 pbj

1 glass 1% milk

Goals

[--]  Workout Program OFF DAY

[X]  Log Foods

[  ]  Bread

[  ]  Get outside

Updated*

• Like 1

[WEEK 3] Day 2 (2/26/19)

Today I got some dr appts lined up, and I start off heckin late for work. Apparently I forgot to set my alarms last night.  :||||

Exercise (Totals)

3x10 Bodyweight Squats
3x10 Incline Pushups
3x10 Bent Over Row (20lbs)
3x60s Farmer's Walk

Food

2 pc cheese pizza (I had to rush out of the house and this is basically all there is at work. that isn't expensive as fuck)

Double hamburger & fries (lol no time today so it's all fuckin junk)
2 bean+cheese burritos

Goals

[X]  Workout Program

[X]  Log Foods

[  ]  Bread

[  ]  Get outside

• Like 1

[WEEK 3] Day 3 (2/27/19)

Exercise (Totals)

52 min walking

Food

Fruit Leather

Club Sandwich

Salt & Vinegar Chips
Diet Coke
Taco Bell Burrito (leftover)
Sourdough Toast + Butter

Goals

[--]  Workout Program OFF DAY

[X]  Log Foods

[  ]  Bread

[  ]  Get outside

• Like 1

lmao it was 100% a shitshow.  

Since then things have been stress at work.  Dr appts are moving along. I've got to re-schedule a few for next week since my work schedule will be changing for next week.  Plus I've decided to take on the task of taking care of my sister's house. Which, while costly, will also help me a lot I think. 

Esp as far as foodprep and life skill stuff is concerned.

2019 still comin in strong x x

• Like 1